• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well no war afterall:(

But anyway, And Rumours of War was completed

The 1836 map:

AROW_1836_map.jpg

A few questions.

1) How large is the Georgian advantage in Victoria at this time?

2) Same question to Finland and China

3) How are you guys going to decide what accepted cultures, etc. will be for each country?

4) Italy and Norway have swaths of territory in the new world. Italy will probably be wishing for the USA tag for immigration, but how will Norway make up its lack of population there?

A few questions.

1) How large is the Georgian advantage in Victoria at this time?

popsbasic.jpg

Far smaller then the Chinese advantage

2) Same question to Finland and China

Finland seems above average but China is a monster.

3) How are you guys going to decide what accepted cultures, etc. will be for each country?

Accepted Cultures in EU3 are accepted in Vicky. No changes.

4) Italy and Norway have swaths of territory in the new world. Italy will probably be wishing for the USA tag for immigration, but how will Norway make up its lack of population there?

Italy wanted the USA tag but because there is a massive immigration and assimilation bonus tied to it they had to settle for USCA. Also all continents have been modded to be the same. Specifically they are all now America.
So Italy and Norway will be getting no more immigrants then China and Georgia. So they are basically screwed.

Italy wanted the USA tag but because there is a massive immigration and assimilation bonus tied to it they had to settle for USCA. Also all continents have been modded to be the same. Specifically they are all now America.
So Italy and Norway will be getting no more immigrants then China and Georgia. So they are basically screwed.

Not necessarily. High plurality combined with social reforms will make the difference.

EDIT: And I have to say, it seems unjustifiable that Italy doesn't get the USA tag - they're an entirely New World oriented nation at this time (200 years) and the associated image of a land of new opportunities, etc., seems too realistically associated with it in this alternate timeline - it makes sense that it would have the bonuses USA does.

Last edited:
A pic with the final stats for Italy. The map is too small to show the Italian control of Venice, The Caribbean, the Atlantic islands, the Pacific islands, and Bombay.

EDIT: and it's a wee bit too big, so we turn it into a link.

The banning of USA tag change was made in under the unwritten rule that we have that no tag-changes that gives one some advantage or spesific improvment will be accepted.

The banning of USA tag change was made in under the unwritten rule that we have that no tag-changes that gives one some advantage or spesific improvment will be accepted.

Without popular support. Byzantium in CK had to suffer through being King of Bulgaria until enough players supported him. When Georgia became Byzantium the reason it was allowed without support from other players was because the GM didn't know there was a bonus attached to it. When Fasq realized that the GM hadn't known about this he switched back but there I didn't see much complaining by either side about whether he should be allowed to keep it or not.

So if enough people supported Varyar then he may be able to get the tag but this had gone to the polls already and the GM has made his decision.

Of course people voted against it. It would give Italy an advantage where otherwise it had none.
Of course one could always make the argument that Italy, having by far the smallest population, could use the assimilation and migration bonus of the USA tag.

Nevertheless, fait accompli. The USCA will gladly embrace its new position as the games' ankle biter :D

Hey! Those ankles are my territory! Get offa that and go chew some toes, small fry!

one question here, dose Brittany relies that Africa is basically worthless in terms of RGO's?
Africa hasn't got more than a dozen Iron provinces and not ONE coal province, the only things it has got are rubber, timber and gold and rubber is worthless till 1880.

Of course one could always make the argument that Italy, having by far the smallest population, could use the assimilation and migration bonus of the USA tag.

That was my point. Italy is at the sharpest disadvantage of all the powers - it deserves the USA tag simply so that it can have a single advantage over them, besides the ocean border.

Both the Bretton player in Africa and Italian player in USA choosed this departure (if somewhat assisted by the French hegemony ;) ) to other continents knowing the downsides of that move.

Anyway, the decission not allowing USA tag has allready been made and outside commentary over it is bit pointless. Rememeber, this game is not going to be presenting our real historical timeline.

I liked the idea of Italy becoming America, but I was outvoted. As it is, I expect Norway to hog most of the migrants.

fasquardon

A natural consequence of our respective political systems. To wit, the soft, namby-pamby Italians do not have any salt mines. As we all know, nature abhors a vacuum; our salt mine workers have a 30% yearly death rate, thus creating an enormous area of low labour pressure (not a true vacuum, at this stage of the technology, but a reasonable approximation) in our economy, which immigrants rush to fill. Simple physics!

Italy will surely attract some huddled masses looking for a better life. Someone's gotta gather the guano after all :D

What is Norway going to become BTW? "Norway" is a rather unfitting name for a trade empire spanning from Lappland to the Rio Grande, naming itself by its least valuable and least inhabitable provinces. "Atlantica" would be much more fitting. Or "Empire of the Gulf Stream".