• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Finnish

A man of science and culture.
74 Badges
Sep 4, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
Ancient Space was a very pleasant surprise for me. And what made it only better was that it has been set to be released mere months after the announcement. I don't know about you guys, but I really like it when a game comes out as something of a surprise, that it gives enough time to get to know it and mass the money to buy it but doesn't drag on for ages in before release like so many games these days.

It's grand when I see a great looking game be announced, and then be told that I'll be able to play it very soon too.

Sure i like it, but just look at how much Rome 2 has changed since launch, for example capturable flags in middle of battlefield were removed thanks to player requests, and i have never seen as many dev posts from CA in Total War Center (modding forums, more popular than official forums i think). Then again most complaints came from Total War veterans, had Rome 2 TW been first total war ever it would have been wonderful, even with all it`faults. So new game like Ancient Space would not benefit from pre-launch non-beta player feedback, since nobody knows what to expect.
So i think Paradox has done good job regarding release dates :happy:

Thanks for the positive vibes guys!

A lot of games these days get over-hyped so we wanted to try and give everyone a fun surprise instead. (I can't tell you how hard it's been for everyone in the team both at Paradox and at CFG to have to keep it top-secret for so long.)

The game looks to me more like a high quality space movie turned rts, and with it being roughly 15 hours long to complete, I can see them not offering early access via steam/kickstarter or promoting it months ahead of time with open/limited betas.

It's somewhat short, but very high production quality (by the looks of it) so didn't need a lot of out of studio feedback given they had a clear idea of what they wanted to make, and seemed to know just how to run with it. (I'll take a 15 hour long campaign that's a pleasure to play through over a 40 hour campaign that's half polished crap any day.)

Last edited: