• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First five episodes are now up and it's the beginning of mission 3.
No major problems so far with the game which is running great on High.

Use the link in the Sig if you want to check the vids.
Cheers.

Is it just me or is there too much to do in mission 5? I had no chance of completing the secondary mission.

Doing the secondary is possible, however it requires heavy use of the tactical pause option to keep track of everything, also it's somewhat easier with your carrier in offensive mode.

Doing the secondary is possible, however it requires heavy use of the tactical pause option to keep track of everything, also it's somewhat easier with your carrier in offensive mode.
Cheers silveressa.
I think doing the mission a second time would be easier. But I'm doing the missions "live" for the first time to keep the suspense a little :)
Mission 5 was, how should I say, confusing with things going on in different sectors at the same time.

Ya, I've been following through #8, and am liking what I see. My new computer arrives tomorrow, so I'll probably be playing by tomorrow night.

What I've been looking carefully at is the tactical game since the strategic maneuvering seems pre-destined. I could be wrong though, perhaps the later missions will introduce some strategic decision-making.

Starts out with small ships and some mediums, then progresses to other medium ships, large ships, extra large ships, and still larger vessels.

Right now it's still difficult to say what upgrades to what ships are the best. Speed upgrade looks like a winner, but until a general strategy is arrived at it's hard to pick one upgrade over another. It's obvious that each class of ship will have a specialty. The question becomes, what capabilities overlap and what combination of ships work best.

It's hard to hold formations in space, but the same is true for most any combat arena. I'm thinking some advance tactics may work well in this game, pincer attacks, flank attacks, etc. The only things I've seen so far in your videos are frontal attacks and recon in force. There must be other things for small ships to do during larger battles other than watch them die and build more.

So, there seem a lot of challenges here over the typical smash-mouth video game. I like the pause feature, it gives time to plot strategy and to plan for the unexpected. The enemy can come at you from anywhere in 3D space, so there's a lot of looking over the shoulder.

Anyway, I'm going back to watch a few more episodes as ParadoxGamer is doing a good job of play-by-play announcing. Good work, and thanks for taking the time to broadcast these.

Ya, I've been following through #8, and am liking what I see. My new computer arrives tomorrow, so I'll probably be playing by tomorrow night.

What I've been looking carefully at is the tactical game since the strategic maneuvering seems pre-destined. I could be wrong though, perhaps the later missions will introduce some strategic decision-making.

Starts out with small ships and some mediums, then progresses to other medium ships, large ships, extra large ships, and still larger vessels.

Right now it's still difficult to say what upgrades to what ships are the best. Speed upgrade looks like a winner, but until a general strategy is arrived at it's hard to pick one upgrade over another. It's obvious that each class of ship will have a specialty. The question becomes, what capabilities overlap and what combination of ships work best.

It's hard to hold formations in space, but the same is true for most any combat arena. I'm thinking some advance tactics may work well in this game, pincer attacks, flank attacks, etc. The only things I've seen so far in your videos are frontal attacks and recon in force. There must be other things for small ships to do during larger battles other than watch them die and build more.

So, there seem a lot of challenges here over the typical smash-mouth video game. I like the pause feature, it gives time to plot strategy and to plan for the unexpected. The enemy can come at you from anywhere in 3D space, so there's a lot of looking over the shoulder.

Anyway, I'm going back to watch a few more episodes as ParadoxGamer is doing a good job of play-by-play announcing. Good work, and thanks for taking the time to broadcast these.
Hi Valentinan
Thanx for following the channel :)
I agree there must be better uses of the small ships than bait - which is what I have been using them for. Some can use stealth and others detect stealth, so at least there's that.
I have found (on easy level at least) that the XL ships are top priority. Then Rovers - to feed health to the XL's. Then specialized ships such as the Corsair which can take over bases which is very handy.
The things I haven't put to good use yet are the special abilities, which are quite good. On harder difficulty I bet they will be essential.
I must say the missions do get better and better, so keep watching.

I'm just on Mission 5 (Crystal Ocean) right now. Still thinking about little ships. The Patriot upgrade helps to double the production of small ships. I'd like to triple it, but only one Patriot upgrade per mission unfortunately.

Have Sgt. Major Powell as a leader along with Capt. Marshall and (of course) Commissioner Renner. Powell can (temporarily) improve damage and armor on small ships, so that just leaves weapons.

Maxing out small ship weapons upgrades. Lancers get really good against Mediums, and Invaders vs Large. Scouts vs Medium. So, that pretty much spells doom for M and L adversaries.

I'm just on Mission 5 (Crystal Ocean) right now. Still thinking about little ships. The Patriot upgrade helps to double the production of small ships. I'd like to triple it, but only one Patriot upgrade per mission unfortunately.

Have Sgt. Major Powell as a leader along with Capt. Marshall and (of course) Commissioner Renner. Powell can (temporarily) improve damage and armor on small ships, so that just leaves weapons.

Maxing out small ship weapons upgrades. Lancers get really good against Mediums, and Invaders vs Large. Scouts vs Medium. So, that pretty much spells doom for M and L adversaries.
Good stuff Valentinan.
The small ships gets really good in later missions ;-)

I've not caught-up to where you're at in the story. On regular difficulty it becomes necessary to develop some unconventional tactics.

I don't think I would have gotten through Mission 10 (the timed mission) without some experience officers and enhancements to Achilles 2. There is almost no time to build ships or stations. The enemy sends Dreadnaughts after you (poor strategy since you don't have space stations to speak of), so I have doubled the cool-down enhancements (down to 75%) to Ulysses II and then take-over enemy Dreadnaughts to help blast my way through enemy territory.

Secondly, my Officer Roster contains:
3x Balaethan Signal--Disables all enemy structures (Prof. Risseau)
3x Bio-machinery Virus--Slow all enemy ships in the sector. (good old Hector)
3x Carnage--Instantly and severely damages all enemy vessels in sector (Ms. Two)

So, even when out-numbered my fleet can deal with most any situation. Then, when exploration is complete, the fleet can dash through the gates using Balaethan Signal without having to deal with all the defenses.

Very cool game.