• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Depends on what kind of mods.

Any mod that modifies any of those files might have compatibility issues:
common/cb_types/00_cb_types.txt
common/on_actions/00_on_actions.txt
common/combat_tactics.txt
common/job_titles.txt
common/triggered_modifiers.txt
events/adventures_the_old_gods.txt
events/roman_events.txt
events/schism_events.txt
events/soa_various_events.txt
decisions/succession_laws.txt
interface/coats_of_arms.txt
gfx/interface/religion_icon_strip.dds

Some problems with gfx; the religion icons aren't displaying properly in-game.

Off the top of my head, I'd say there was a mistake expanding the canvas when new icons were added.

Last edited:
Some problems with gfx; the religion icons aren't displaying properly in-game.

Off the top of my head, I'd say there was a mistake expanding the canvas when new icons were added.

Actually the canvas is good.

Having in vanilla generalstuff.gfx:
Code:
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_religion_icon_strip"
  texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\religion_icon_strip.tga"
  noOfFrames = 52
}

and in the mod ACR_religions.gfx:
Code:
spriteType = {
  name = "GFX_religion_icon_strip"
  texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\religion_icon_strip.dds"
  noOfFrames = 67
}

Edit: actually load order is alphabetical, so ACR_religions.gfx is overriden by generalstuff.gfx from vanilla ;)

Last edited:
Surely there is a better way. Copy/paste?

Couldn't you call it z_ACR_religions.gfx so it gets loaded after?

That is just what I'm going to do, copy generalstuff.gfx and change the four characters I need to change.
But I shouldn't have to do that. Mods should always, always, overwrite vanilla data, without question.
That is why they are called modifications.

EDIT: Minor update out, see OP and my sig.

That is just what I'm going to do, copy generalstuff.gfx and change the four characters I need to change.
But I shouldn't have to do that. Mods should always, always, overwrite vanilla data, without question.
That is why they are called modifications.

EDIT: Minor update out, see OP and my sig.

Not when they're loaded before the source file because it's loaded alphabetically. For paradox modding it's usually better to just modify the file that contains the thing you want to change and have your own version in the mod so you're guaranteed to have an overwrite.

EDIT: sorry if I sound at all snippy (I promise it's not intended!) very little sleep today makes me suck at wording. I've described several objects that require in-depth description as "the thing" in the forums alone.

Last edited:
Btw, are you going to add compatibility for the EUIV converter to the mod? Would be great to create a truly pagan Europe for conversion.

The old version had a converter compatibility mod at one point but it became obsolete after the jews were added.

We'll look into making a converter mod at a later date. Right now we are going to focus on making what we have nice and solid.

Also, another minor version update.

v0.35.2 fixes an event id collision between the three Wolf Tails events and three key events in the Celtic Sacred Symbols event chain.

I feel like there isn't enough opportunity for pagans to be pagans. Perhaps there should be a decision that allows you to sacrifice a prisoner for prestige/piety.

I feel like there isn't enough opportunity for pagans to be pagans. Perhaps there should be a decision that allows you to sacrifice a prisoner for prestige/piety.

Well the Norse already have that so it shouldn't be hard to create a similar festival for Celtic pagans if it's fitting for them.

There's already in the mod a Celtic festival like that. It's every five years (I think) and you get to sacrifice up to 4 prisoners, gaining prestige and piety.
As for the other 2 religions, the ancient Greeks didn't have human sacrifices, so I'm not sure if something should be added to Hellenism. There could be something like the roman arena though...
The Egyptians now, I know that they buried slaves along with their masters, but for sacrificing prisoners I have no clue.

Like the others said, Celtic pagans can already do this (and the historicity of their practice of human sacrifice is questionable). Hellenics and Kemetics have no history of human sacrifice.

The general problem of a lack of flavorful events and decisions for the three religions covered in this mod will be addressed as the mod grows.
Now that all three religions are in the game, our primary focus will be making content for them.
Like the Epic Blood feature I was working on before I took over the mod, or the Sed Festival that Romulien mentioned earlier.

Does Hellenism get the Jain Heir Designation mechanic? I realise that's more of a roman cultural thing, but I couldn't find a way to make roman culture give that option. Pretty sure it's purely a religious modifier.

It is indeed a religious modifier. If you want to change it easily (I did in my own copy), find the file ACR_ancient_religions.txt in mod\AncientReligions\common\religions folder and add the line has_heir_designation = yes in the hellenic pagan definition.

I have a bug where I get an event with nothing, the option said "Glory to the god" and that a random courtier will appear, if I click on it the game crash.