An update to our organizational changes on Bloodlines 2

Bear Squared

First Lieutenant
Aug 13, 2020
Who told you this about Rik? Your gossip couldn’t be further from the truth. For the many years I have worked for Rik and Margaret they have been nothing but kind and generous to both their employees and clients. You don’t stay in business for 25 years if you deal poorly with others.

First, can you share any information on Mitsoda and the creative changes or at least comment if Womb Music is still working with Hardsuit?

My "gossip" came from a dev Discord, one who had been or was a Hardsuit employee, who said the CEO of Hardsuit was apparently very upset at the voice budget for Bloodlines 2 toward the "end" (sorry, the latest "end") when apparently some surprise costs came in that took the budget over what was expected.

Because they were dealing with Rik who handles the business end (?) apparently Rik took the blame.

I did ask about Margaret (the voice director?) and to all accounts, everyone likes her and would absolutely consider her "kind and generous." Rik does not have the same adjectives applied to him, but those that manage the money and have to argue contracts rarely get that - or survive doing that if they are kind and generous anyway.

To double-check. I asked if it was unfair to blame Rik for the costs, but the person didn't know except that the Hardsuit execs apparently did blame him, and may have blamed Mitsoda as well, as they costs for VO with the cast they have is pretty expensive. I imagine it gets even worse if you need to re-record anything or change anything.

Can you shed any light on this? If it's "absolutely untrue," then I'd love to know that as well, so I can correct the supposed Hardsuit developer actually saying these things.

Blood Nugget

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2020
First, can you share any information on Mitsoda and the creative changes or at least comment if Womb Music is still working with Hardsuit?

I'd also like to know if the audio peep can share any info on the Mitsoda and firing situation if they work at the voice over company - they must have heard something about the shake-ups.

Reactions:

Feeona

First Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
72 Badges
Mar 27, 2019
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
Please keep in mind that anyone who's signed an NDA at a game development company would risk termination and possible legal action for talking about their work so I would take anyone saying they're an employee with gossip with a pinch of salt.

EDIT: In this specific situation I'm referring to.

Last edited:
Reactions:

Blood Nugget

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2020
Please keep in mind that anyone who's signed an NDA at a game development company would risk termination and possible legal action for talking about their work so I would take anyone saying they're an employee with gossip with a pinch of salt.

EDIT: In this specific situation I'm referring to.

Should ask for their paystub!

Also, wish the original audio person would have answered the thread.

Bear Squared

First Lieutenant
Aug 13, 2020
Should ask for their paystub!

Also, wish the original audio person would have answered the thread.

I had asked for proof beforehand, and they provided it (without incriminating themselves).

I also asked beforehand if it was okay to share what they said, and they said, "knock yourself out." I don't think they're expecting to stay at Hardsuit for the longterm or they don't expect Hardsuit to remain solvent in the longterm after BL2, so they don't really care about getting in trouble, but that's my take, not theirs.

They also didn't seem to care much about Hardsuit's rep, it was more like "it's a job." I think (?) they're a producer or were a producer, but from what I can tell, Hardsuit has a lot of producers, so I have no idea which one.

Either way, it's more about the information than the person. I'll keep poking them, but keep in mind my info is secondhand, I haven't seen them online since.

Bear Squared

First Lieutenant
Aug 13, 2020
Any news about sequel? Was it cancelled?

No news, not officially canceled yet, but has had a ton of development problems.

They also hired a new Lead Writer and Senior Writer in the past few months after the previous creative leads were fired or quit (and the Paradox producer). Things look pretty grim, and there's been no updates on progress, just a lot of accidental ones through Twitter and the PDX CEO talking to the press (that's how we found out more details about the release date).

• 2Like
Reactions:

Bear Squared

First Lieutenant
Aug 13, 2020
This one sounds like cancelling were better option. Any info about whom exactly they hired to screw up Mitsoda's work?

Samantha Wallschlaeger, of Mass Effect: Andromeda fame. Yeah, you read correctly. Sigh.

Even if she isn't responsible for the worst of Andromeda, the fact it was pointed out she's a short-timer in Seattle dev (she doesn't stay at one place for long before getting the boot or quitting) is bad, and then someone jokingly (but it's actually a good point) the fact that Hardsuit hired her is a bad sign considering how bad their vetting process is. I'm not being mean, I'm genuinely pointing this out - they seem to have a bad track record of hiring quality people or being able to keep quality people (Mitsoda, Ellison).

Also, it's likely a nepotism thing, too, since she has friends (a system designer, I think, who's been there less than a year) who works at Hardsuit, so he probably got her in.

Anyway, not a good look for the studio, especially after all the unpleasantness that went down with Mitsoda's firing. They just seem clueless on their management.

Reactions:

RagnarokCzD

Colonel
Apr 1, 2019
Probably ...
But i would not expect paradox to check people passports. o_O

For last few months it seems like they barely (or not at all) check even this forum. -_-

• 1Like
Reactions:

MrDarth

Private
17 Badges
May 8, 2019
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
So is this game dead?

Also when will the rewards on the game site be updated? We're still supposed to get two rewards in 2020, so I hope guys at Paradox have time machine.

• 1Like
Reactions:

RagnarokCzD

Colonel
Apr 1, 2019
Marketing departmend of this company certainly seem kinda deadish ... but we could get used to it by now, after all it has been over a year. :-/
And since we are forbidden to search info anywhere else than on official channels ... and those are shut for quite some time now ...

Well, simply and honestly: Nobody knows, and nobody is suppose to know.
The most interesting part about this whole sh**storm is the fact that somebody in lead management still seems to feel like he did a good job, cuting us out.
And people are confriming that by keeping their pre-orders. -_-

• 2Like
Reactions: