• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MJF

Lt. General
9 Badges
Dec 31, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
In 1.12, the event no longer seems to "fire" as usual...?

AnUnliberatedE.png

In 1.12, the event no longer seems to "fire" as usual...?

Still as usual. It may take 7 days of uninterupted gameplay. The period of up to 7 days is reinitialized when you load a savegame.

Code:
event = {
    id = 1503
    random = no
    country = GER
    trigger = {
        NOT = { exists = U73 }
        control = { province = 19 data = GER } # London
        NOT = { control = { province = 11 data = -2 } } # Sunderland
        NOT = { control = { province = 12 data = -2 } } # Blackpool
        NOT = { control = { province = 13 data = -2 } } # Sheffield
        NOT = { control = { province = 14 data = -2 } } # Liverpool
        NOT = { control = { province = 15 data = -2 } } # Cardiff
        NOT = { control = { province = 16 data = -2 } } # Birmingham
        NOT = { control = { province = 17 data = -2 } } # Norwich
        NOT = { control = { province = 20 data = -2 } } # Dover
        NOT = { control = { province = 21 data = -2 } } # Porthsmouth
        NOT = { control = { province = 22 data = -2 } } # Bristol
        NOT = { control = { province = 23 data = -2 } } # Plymouth
    }
    name = "EVT_2042_NAME"
    desc = "EVT_2042_DESC"
    style = 0
    picture = "England_Invaded"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
    offset = 7 # Check for trigger conditions every seven days
    deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1999 }

action_a = {
        name = "ACTIONNAME2042A" # Create Free England
        command = { type = independence which = U73 value = 1 }
        command = { type = trigger which = 1504 }
}
    action_b = {
        name = "ACTIONNAME2042B" # Let us take it all!
        command = { type = supplies value = 250 }
        command = { type = money value = 250 }

}
}

I see. Well, it used to fire right away. I couldn't find the event code, so I figured the newest patch messed it up. I liberated them and cheat-coded the dissent out. Same thing...

While we're at it, there's something in this that's always bugged me. The game has the UK leaders reversed, IMHO. A liberated England should be lead by the German sympathizer, Oswald Mosely, wheras a negotiated-into-peace UK should have the pacifistic but loyal Lord Halifax as Winnie's replacement. It's the other way around now, What? :)

Last edited:
Maybe an followup event where Mosely is chosen via event? I did a complete revise of u73 minister file during the winter So I test it now and give you a picture.u73.1943.iceworld.jpg
testgame from 1943.
703004;Head of State;Edward VIII;36;FA;Autocratic Charmer;High;M_U73_Edward;x
extra
703021;Head of State;Clement Attlee;41;SD;Die-hard Reformer;High;M1040;x
703022;Head of State;Stanley Baldwin;36;SC;Barking Buffoon;High;M1002;x
703023;Head of State;Oswald Mosley;42;FA;Die-hard Reformer;Very High;M_U73_Mosley;x
703024;Head of State;Aneurin Bevan;36;LWR;Pig-headed Isolationist;High;M1021;x
703025;Head of State;Charles Edward I;38;FA;Resigned Generalissimo;Medium;M_U73_CharlesEdward;x
703026;Head of State;David Stateham;43;LWR;Resigned Generalissimo;Medium;L_U73_Stateham;x
703027;Head of State;Enoch Powell;55;FA;Barking Buffoon;Medium;M_ENG_Enoch_Powell_paternal;x
703028;Head of State;Elisabeth II;50;PA;Popular Figurehead;Medium;M1182;x

703005;Head of Government;Lord Halifax;36;PA;Naive Optimist;Very High;M1045;x
extra
703014;Head of Government;Neil Francis Hawkins;44;FA;Silent Workhorse;Very High;england2;x
703015;Head of Government;Oswald Mosley;41;FA;Flamboyant Tough Guy;High;M_U73_Mosley;x
703016;Head of Government;Tom Mann;34;LWR;Corporate Suit;Very High;M_U73_TomMann;x
703017;Head of Government;Andrew Fountaine;53;FA;Backroom Backstabber;Medium;M_ENG_AndrewFountaine;x
703018;Head of Government;Enoch Powell;50;FA;Political Protege;High;M_ENG_Enoch_Powell_paternal;x
703019;Head of Government;John Colin Jordan;60;NS;Ambitious Union Boss;Medium;M_U73_JohnColin;x
703020;Head of Government;Herbert Morrison;41;SD;Ambitious Union Boss;High;M1048;x

Last edited:
Excellent.

Interesting comment on Powell as Head of State. While I can't stand a number of the man's ideas from what I've read he's normally considered pretty intelligent but you seem to think different. Notice you have the same description for Baldwin as well.

Interesting comment on Powell as Head of State. While I can't stand a number of the man's ideas from what I've read he's normally considered pretty intelligent but you seem to think different. Notice you have the same description for Baldwin as well.

Powell might be changed to Machiavellian Archetype trait the newest trait in the AOD game. I have read about Powel, but that was long time ago. Baldwin is old and tired around 1940 so could be Pig-headed Isolationist just wanting England out of the war as soon as possibel.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: