An open letter regarding the bloodlines 2 delay announcement.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gruegirl

You are likely to be eaten
53 Badges
Jan 24, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
This is an open letter in regards to the recent delay announcement. I don't know if anyone of any importance is going to read this, and I plan on being respectful to whatever poor community manager receives this information.

I have played every single World of Darkness TTRPG that has released, several other Storyteller System RPGs as well. From Vampire to Mummy. World of Darkness is my favorite urban-fantasy setting and the most diverse realistic take on monsters in the modern world.

I have played both VTM: Redemption and VTM: Bloodlines to completion many times. I was at one time on the mod-team for the Crusader Kings "Princes of Darkness" mod, which at one time received some official support from Paradox.
I was excited for the CCP World of Darkness MMORPG when it was announced. I eagerly gobbled up all the news for it. I knew people who bought Dust 514 with the intention of never playing it, just wanting to support the WoD MMORPG's development, since at the time CCP said any excess profits from Dust would be funneled into WoD. Of course, the outcome of that was CCP announcing WoD's development was not only dead but had died months ago and they were selling to Paradox.

I was excited for bloodlines 2. I joined the Tender ARG the moment I found out about it, knowing it was likely bloodlines 2 but also hoping-against-hope that Paradox had restarted the WoD MMO somehow. I watched the twitch stream announcing it, and got the Tender shirt item as a result of it. I pre-ordered as soon as I had the money to do so, the biggest digital edition you guys offered. Blood-Moon Edition, on Steam.

I was disappointed with Vampire 5th edition, mostly because I like the Tremere Pyramid and thought some of the reorganizations made no sense even in context, but I didn't disparage Paradox or scream and shout and nerd-rage about it. I kept my patience.
The topic of bloodlines 2 came up in my weekly Werewolf: The Apocalypse game just six hours before the announcement. I assured my friend that you guys were hard at work and that these delays didn't really seem to indicate the sort of development hell problems that plagued similar scale projects like Cyberpunk 2077.

You have repeated the same disappointment and made me a liar to my friend.

I had hoped that Paradox was different. I had hoped against hope that you would not repeat the same game development mistakes CCP made. I had hoped you had a plan and a future for one of the biggest, sprawling universes that truly makes Urban Fantasy great. A universe with a history that stretches back to before the dawn of man, to incorporate dozens of disparate mythologies.

I am not mad, I'm just disappointed. I'm not going to ask for a refund, I'm only going to ask that the community be managed better. Talk to us, be honest and open. Tell us whatever you can about the development woes and triumphs. We're more interested than you think. Maybe if we'd seen this coming we'd all be less disappointed and cynical about this.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'd still ask for a refund. What you've pre-ordered (don't ever pre-order, btw) was a roll of the dice already, but now there's no telling what spawn will crawl from Bloodlines 2's remains.

On the plus side, Hardsuit Labs has been demoted, which I do think is a good thing. They've done such a terrible job (and Paradox is also part of it), that Paradox would be hard-pressed to find a worse developer.... although they may surprise us there, too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Talk to us, be honest and open. Tell us whatever you can about the development woes and triumphs. We're more interested than you think. Maybe if we'd seen this coming we'd all be less disappointed and cynical about this.

I hope there are some people can understand this, but I don't know if they still care about anything anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.