An Issue With Edge Computing While Playing Airlines Manager

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

judywatsonn

Recruit
Feb 14, 2023
Hello fellow Airlines Manager players,

I wanted to bring up an issue I've been experiencing with edge computing while playing the game. Edge computing, which involves processing data closer to the source rather than in a centralized data center, is becoming increasingly popular in the gaming industry. However, it seems to be causing some problems for me while playing Airlines Manager.

The issue I'm encountering is that there are times when the game becomes unresponsive or slow, even though I have a fast and stable internet connection. After doing some research, I've come to the conclusion that this may be due to the edge computing infrastructure that the game uses.

When I play Airlines Manager, the game's data is processed on servers that are geographically closer to me, rather than on a centralized server. While this can improve the overall performance of the game, it also means that the servers may not be as powerful or as well-equipped as a centralized server. This can lead to the game becoming unresponsive or slow when there is a lot of activity or data being processed.

I've also noticed that the issue seems to be more prevalent during peak hours, when more players are active and the servers are under greater demand. This can be frustrating, especially when I'm in the middle of an important task or when I'm trying to complete a challenge.

Overall, while I appreciate the benefits of edge computing, I think that it's important for game developers to ensure that their infrastructure can handle the demand and activity of their players. I hope that Airlines Manager's developers can address this issue and ensure a more consistent and enjoyable gaming experience for all players.

Have any of you experienced similar issues while playing Airlines Manager? How do you think edge computing can be improved in the gaming industry? Let's discuss in the comments below.

Regards,
Judy