• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would do without corps HQs in the OOB for fighting in Africa. At least with armies you have some chance of keeping up comms to your divisions.

Onward to a communist Africa, comrade!

Sidenote: I don't know what this HPP is, but it sounds interesting. Let's see who gets the reference.

Chapter IV: Stalemate part I​

Having the Italians driven off the part of Somalia, now I can fully focus on my northern front... However, my IC can serve me only to spam MIL units, not some regular INF or even MTN troops for my front...

clipboard01sc.jpg

I´m trying to push forward, using MIL rotation, but without any success... I´ve got even pushed back, since my units are ORG-less after some exhausting attacks (I´ve used whatever I got to push them out of there) and also taking horrible losses, because of my very poorly equipped troops...

clipboard02vl.jpg

clipboard03rs.jpg

Overview of my brigades count in Jan 37

clipboard04yx.jpg

Overview of my Politics in Jan 37

I´m still banging my head against the wall... There is no way to destroy Italian footholds, even if they don´t have many supplies, which give them penalty of 40%... Their troops are far superior to mine, I´m even glad that they aren´t pushing through my weak units...

clipboard05hc.jpg

clipboard06ne.jpg

The Marco Polo Bridge incident fires

I need to get my Education as high as I can, until I reach some ahead-of-time penalties... Like I wrote above few days ago; my research was none at the start of the game...

clipboard07fn.jpg

clipboard08aq.jpg

Shanxi is about to fall as usual

clipboard09.jpg

The stalemate in China

Spamming Militia! With their effective rotation, I can still beat those pesky Italians in Eritrea and push them into the Red Sea!

clipboard10f.jpg

clipboard11h.jpg

This uprising is about to be suppressed by my Mogadiscio garrison

clipboard12mc.jpg

The SU is still mobilizing and demobilizing, causing their threat to go up and down

In Austria, the Anschluss didn´t fire, so now they have all kinds of trouble with some NSDAP separatists in their country...

clipboard13ed.jpg

Stay tuned for the next episode! :)

P.S. I think I´ve written this chapter a bit differently than the previous ones; I think it´s more narrative :p

Last edited:
Oh noes.... Ikarases, what are you doing? Ikarases, stahp! ;)
Researching Education doesn't pay off unless you have at least 10 (I think) leadership, and even then only in the long run.

I like your new style, too. Maybe a little more of that "narrative" in the next update? :)

Oh noes.... Ikarases, what are you doing? Ikarases, stahp! ;)
Researching Education doesn't pay off unless you have at least 10 (I think) leadership, and even then only in the long run.

Does it? HPP has the tech tree completely reworked... I get 1 LP from law "Undeveloped country" and then .5 LP for every level of Education tech (I was at 1.8 due to Lost Potential - another HPP feature;)), also the Educational System Theory has an impact on this :)

I like your new style, too. Maybe a little more of that "narrative" in the next update? :)

I don´t know; I´ve just had some free 45-60 minutes, but maybe due to lack of my own front screenshots I just went and took some pictures of the World; the event chain for Germany actually never started, and I consider that a big curiosity! :)

I´ll see what I can do, I´m already at year 1945 (yeah, I´ve played 9 HoI years this weekend) and the situation is quite... I won´t spoil it! :p I´ve an ass-load of screenies on ImageShack that I´m sure it could last for 5 chapters! :D Just stay tuned and enjoy it ;)

Does it? HPP has the tech tree completely reworked... I get 1 LP from law "Undeveloped country" and then .5 LP for every level of Education tech (I was at 1.8 due to Lost Potential - another HPP feature;)), also the Educational System Theory has an impact on this :)

Oh wait, you're playing HPP... Yeah, in that case it might just be useful.

It is still useful in normal game , just you will gain the leadership-days slower , at 2 leadership it may take a while to get even though.

It is still useful in normal game , just you will gain the leadership-days slower , at 2 leadership it may take a while to get even though.

Assuming that Education takes 6 months x 1 leadership and raises leadership by 5% (I'm not sure), that would mean:

Gained leadership = 0,05 x 2
Earnback time = 1 / 0.1 x 6 = 60 months = 5 years.

The game only lasts 10 years. Investing in Education from the very beginning when you have more LP might yield some very good results. But in a vanilla game, when you have 2 LP you desperately need, it's not a good idea - at all.

Chapter V: Stalemate part II

I´ve finally gotten my Officer Ratio at 150%, almost doubling the organization of my units (compared to some 80% after the fall of Italian Somalia), so I´m again trying to attack their positions...

clipboard15z.jpg

My troops are better trained now

clipboard16p.jpg

clipboard17e.jpg

How is our beloved Europe looking like? Still the same! :p

clipboard18ae.jpg

Look at this! The Barentu province is almost without supplies... Will I take advantage of it?

clipboard19m.jpg

I did so, unfortunately, Italians eventually moved better organized troops to defend their territory, causing to stall my attacks for some time...

clipboard20f.jpg

I´m not entirely sure, but it seems like the NSDAP overthrew the VF party in Austria...

clipboard21r.jpg

clipboard22j.jpg

The overview of Europe in 1940

clipboard23uz.jpg

The overview of Asia in 1940

It seems the Italians have sent significant reinforcements to your front. Maybe you should make some mountain divisions, just to overcome the penalties you'll get when attacking? [/armchairgeneral]

It seems the Italians have sent significant reinforcements to your front. Maybe you should make some mountain divisions, just to overcome the penalties you'll get when attacking? [/armchairgeneral]

Look at that screenshot where I´ve someMIL unit shown... There is some "untain attack" = +65%... Maybe they got battle-hardened in mountains already! :)

Btw. I really don´t have the IC to make MTN units...

On Gen. Marshall´s request, I´m adding here a link to an AARlander magazine (TBH, I´m going to check it out now, I´ve no idea how does it look like :p) and I think you would make him happy if you were interested in it :)

Communist Ethipia? Which survives? Cool! This looks very interesting.

Did you know that Ethiopia has its own country-specific unit pictures and even a unique background in HPP? You'll have to download the separate graphics pack to get them.

Did you know that Ethiopia has its own country-specific unit pictures and even a unique background in HPP? You'll have to download the separate graphics pack to get them.

Damn, I didn´t! :( You guys are doing all kinds of good stuff; I can´t even take note of everything what´s new improvement is coming out... I´m fine with editing my save-games for now :D

Damn, I didn´t! :( You guys are doing all kinds of good stuff; I can´t even take note of everything what´s new improvement is coming out... I´m fine with editing my save-games for now :D

You don't even have to edit your save game; just download the graphics pack, put it in the right folder and presto!

Not gonna lie, my enthusiasm for this AAR was dampened when I saw WWII wasn't happening. If Italy actually had to do some fighting in Europe or other fronts in Africa, you'd probably have pushed them out by now.

Not gonna lie, my enthusiasm for this AAR was dampened when I saw WWII wasn't happening. If Italy actually had to do some fighting in Europe or other fronts in Africa, you'd probably have pushed them out by now.

I´m not gonna lie neither; if I wouldn´t be lazy, you´d have at least 3 more chapters to read! :D I´ll try to make one this evening though...