• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
The Black Courage

author: Ikarases
start date: 03/11/2012
nation: Ethiopia, 1936
version: FTM 3.06/HPP as on 2nd November
difficulty: normal
aim: survive
style: gameplay​

All right guys, in this world of the true forum democracy, the majority of you has chosen Ethiopia as a country for me to play with...

My aim is to survive the initial Italian onslaught and then maybe to turn against Allies, in order to expand (there isn´t any other way to expand anyway)... I´ll try to provide you with as many (interesting/important) screenshots as I can, but feel free to question me about stuff I might have missed by an accident...

Ask, rate, comment and subscribe!

Last edited:
Good Luck, no idea of you are able of surviving in FTM (with TFH it is possible, i succeed in it with CGM) but i am following this one!!!!

How?

I deleted everything and built regular INF divisions, it didn't work. I built mountaineers, it failed spectacularly. Did you build militia and nothing else?
i builded a land fort in The Capital, destroyed my Infra to 20 and it works!! After holding 6 months the Capital i succeed in counter attacking in the south.

[...] destroyed my Infra to 20 and it works!! [...]
Then you modded. Destroying default infra in CGM isn't possible without modding.
--
tfh/cgm/cgm_settings.txt:
Code:
#It's so many infra at startup, that it's an exploit
#allowing to destroy all infra in the country and get
#insane amount of points for that.
infra = no
change to yes and you're able to destroy infra, otherwise not, should change the checksum to mod here.

HPP mod, on normal, I won as Ethiopia after holding the north, taking the port in Italian Somaliland and running them out of supplies, then transferred those forces north. The italians stopped advancing allowing me to sit in trench warfare for 2 years and update some militia to infantry and get some artillery to my divisions. I then attacked, broke their lines, and in a slugging match, managed to make my way to the port and starved them out, taking all of Eritrea.

HPP mod, on normal, I won as Ethiopia after holding the north, taking the port in Italian Somaliland and running them out of supplies, then transferred those forces north. The italians stopped advancing allowing me to sit in trench warfare for 2 years and update some militia to infantry and get some artillery to my divisions. I then attacked, broke their lines, and in a slugging match, managed to make my way to the port and starved them out, taking all of Eritrea.
Yep, since the AI is relatively stupid, you can win virtually every campaign as human.

Be ready for a real spam of updates, I had a long gaming session today...

Chapter I: Introduction​

Right off the bat, the Ethiopian situation is grim; there is almost no research, my army is woefully obsolete with only 77% officer ratio, I´m alive from these 5 base ICs... Enough complaining, time to do something about it! :)

I´m trying to align towards Comintern; I´m at war with future Axis member and then I´m turning against UK and France to unify Africa from those pesky European colonizers! :mad:

clipboard01nmi.jpg

I don´t have anything to say about politics, just giving you some insight to it...

clipboard02zv.jpg

I´ve re-dug my OOB; the previous one wasn´t that bad, but starting OOBs are never perfect...

clipboard03dg.jpg

Next update is coming right up...

Last edited:
How will you go from Autocrat government to left radical/communist or at least social democracy? Do you plan using some of HPP's custom events to make your regime more democratic before changing it again?

How will you go from Autocrat government to left radical/communist or at least social democracy? Do you plan using some of HPP's custom events to make your regime more democratic before changing it again?

There are some events to support the opposition; I´ll just support the strongest party! :) (at this point SC party is storger than my PA, so maybe they´ll overthrow them :p)

Looks good!! I hope you Will kill every Italian Bastard who march into Africa!!

Chapter II: The fall of Mogadiscio

Southern front is significantly weaker than the northern one, but so is the Italian one...

Next screenshots will show you how did I take Mogadiscio and a big chunk of desert step-by-step, province by province.

clipboard04du.jpg

clipboard05x.jpg

clipboard06m.jpg

clipboard07v.jpg

clipboard08e.jpg

clipboard09b.jpg

clipboard10m.jpg

clipboard11p.jpg

clipboard12p.jpg

clipboard13z.jpg

clipboard14.jpg

The spam of updates isn´t finished yet! :)

P.S. Sorry, I really didn´t have anything to write together with those screenies... :mellow: I just need to move my HQs together with my units; those provinces are really big! :D

Last edited:
Chapter III: The end of Italian Somalia

After the fall of Mogadiscio, Italian troops in Somalia are left without many supplies, making this conquest way too easy...

clipboard15m.jpg

clipboard16o.jpg

clipboard17g.jpg

clipboard18c.jpg

clipboard19ko.jpg

clipboard20y.jpg

That´s how it´s done! :)

Last edited:
Nice updates, I like them!
However, you might take a look to the rules, only twenty images per hour allowed:
7. There will be a maximum of 20 images per post allowed in any AAR post. Two or more AAR posts within an hour of the previous update will be considered a single post for determining the number of images. Use proper discretion in image usage and be mindful of your readers and the moderators computer load time. A helpful warning could be added to your title if you plan on having an image heavy AAR. This rule will be watched closely.

Last edited: