• Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
I like the AAR, but I would have gone for Tripoli and Cyrenaica, as fast as possible after taking Tunisia.

unmerged(1996)

Colonel
Mar 19, 2001
www.thealienonline.net
Genghis : I vary the game speed depending on what's happening. Wars are fought on 1 minute = 1 month (or sometimes slower) to give me time to react to changes in fortune in the midst of battle in case I need to make a hasty retreat. Interludes tend to happen at 1 minute = 8 months (or faster) just to move things along when there are no troop movements to keep an eye on. I tend to sit with my finger over the pause button in any case, for obvious reasons.

Any events that may need to go into the AAR are set to pop up in a message box, things like pirates, trade etc just appear in the log. I use Alt-tab to Wordpad to take notes and then type up chunks of narrative later on.

Last edited:

unmerged(1996)

Colonel
Mar 19, 2001
www.thealienonline.net
Aetius: I considered doing just that, but realised that I would have then shared a common border with the Mameluks, and would have been encroaching on the Turkish sphere of influence just a little too much for comfort. I think neither Tripoli nor Cyrenaica have a high enough income at the start of the game to warrant the expense of mounting a full military campaign against them so soon after taking Tunisia, and if I had annexed three independent nations so early in the game, my bad boy rating might have drawn the attention of the big players in the region, at a time when I wouldn't have had enough financial clout to repel the counter-attacks without bankrupting the treasury in the process.

Tunisia was always going to be my supply depot for an attack on southern Europe - somewhere for my fleets to break their journey on the way to attack Savoy (and my next target as you'll see in future installments). The attrition and sheer time-lag involved in ferrying troops from England would have both been impossible to practically deal with - I wouldn't have been able to reinforce Norfolk during the Long War with France if I hadn't had a handy base in Tunis. Okay, three times the provinces in north Africa would mean three times the re-supply potential, but also three times the moslem population (with a higher revolt risk) and three times the bad boy rating...

Last edited:

unmerged(1996)

Colonel
Mar 19, 2001
www.thealienonline.net
A quick installment, just for Genghis...

Interlude - The Franco-Palatinat War.

December 1517

On the 22nd of the month, Europe explodes into war again. Those damned French want the Lorraine back and so France (Savoy, Papal States, Navarra, Helvetia, Denmark) declares war on our newest ally, The Palatinat (Spain, Naples, Hannover). Cologne dishonours the alliance. King Henry thinks carefully. We have the armies of Savoy poised to sweep into Nice, a French army would not take long to gather in Provence and our fleet in the channel still stands at a mere 12 ships, with only six in the mediterranean, mostly transports.

It is just too precarious a position and so, with heavy heart we decline the call to arms. Let the Palatinat stand alone.

Of course, this could in actual fact be the opportunity we have been waiting for. We will let France and Savoy distract themselves with making war on their German neighbours, and then, when the time is right…

January – February 1518

Tax 205d. We commission a further 2,000 infantry in Nice. Our merchant guildmasters tell me they have now worked out a way of monopolising excess capacity in Centres of Trade (trade tech lvl 3). King Henry is delighted and decrees that we should seek to do so in Flandres, Venice and Novogrod at the earliest opportunity. King Henry then demands that all available resources are steered towards improving the infrastructure of the nation and our burgeoning economy.

War in Europe: 126,577 men of France, Savoy and Navarra are besieging Franche-Comte. It is the largest combined force seen in western Europe to date.

On the 20th Spain annexes Aztec Empire. Congratulations to our most Christian ally, bringing civilization to the savages of the New World!

March – April 1518

Spain invites us to rejoin the alliance. We accept on the condition that we are not expected to immediately engage in combat with France and they seem happy for us to remain on the sidelines.

War in Europe: France's army now consists of 189,000 of their soldiers and their allies. A massive assault is launched on Franche-Comte. Further reinforcements arrive until some 207,000 men occupy the province. Predictably, Franche-Comte falls and the French contingent marches on Lorraine.

May – August 1518

A programme of ship building is put into action, with a total of 5 warships commissioned in various provinces.

The Andalusian Centre of Trade is growing in influence due to the influx of Spanish wealth from the New World. We decide the time is right to grab a share, and also, while the rest of Europe is at war, to attempt to flex our new-found mercantile muscles and monopolise Flandres, Novogrod and Venice. We achieve monopoly in Venice, in both Andalusia and Flandres we pry loose a Portuguese merchant and dislodge a Hanseatic Leaguer in Novogrod. We try again for both Flandres and Novogrod and are successful at monopolising the Russian market on our second attempt and dislodging a Tripolitanian merchant from Flandres. We later lose both our monopolies and a merchant from Flandres. Perhaps we have overplayed our hand?

War in Europe: Lorraine falls to France and the massive allied army turns towards Luxembourg. We give thanks that we stood firm and refused the fight on this occasion, else that same army might even now have been besieging Nice. In August the massed armies of France and the Spanish Netherlands meet and do battle royale. Our noble ally Spain is victorious and the French trudge in defeat back to their own land, but trickery! A second French force arrives and defeats the battle-weary Spaniards, then besieges Luxemburg itself.

September - December 1518

War in Europe: A Spanish army ravages the south of France, defeats a Helvetian force in Franche-Comte and then continues northwards. The armies of Savoy, Navarra and Helvetia lay siege to Mainz, the Palatinat capital in Pfalz. Elsewhere, fresh conflict breaks out as Poland-Lithuania (Brandenburg, Moldovia, Prussia) declares war on the tiny province of Courland. In an interesting development, a Spanish army invades Savoie, defeats a defending force but fails to lay siege to Savoy itself. France assaults Luxemburg but is beaten back. Spain fights against Helvetia and Savoy in Franche Comte but is defeated. The armies of Hannover drive a small Navarran force from Lorraine and are then assaulted in turn by an army of rebellious peasants who they of course defeat easily. At the very end of the year, France launches a fresh assault on Luxemburg.

January - August 1519

Tax 197d. Another 7 warships are commissioned.

Karl V rises to throne of Austria. Carlos I ascends the throne of Spain and is immediately declared Holy Roman Emperor.

War in Europe: Luxemburg once again holds against the French. Over 8,000 Swiss troops die in the harsh Pfalz winter. Naples backs out of their war with the Pope, paying 250d in indemnities for an end to hostilities. In February the French launch yet another assault on Luxemburg and are quickly beaten back. In March, Spain and Helvetia again do battle in Franche Comte and Spain is again victorious. Kazan sues for peace with Russia and hands over the province of Lipetsk and 9d. In April Pfalz falls to the combined forces of Helvetia and Savoy. Spain attacks the victorious Swiss army, drives them off and lays siege to Mainz. By May, Spain and Navarra are once again fighting in Alsace and a force of 81,000 plus guns lays siege to Luxemburg. Courland pays Prussia 250d in exchange for peace. In July, Navarra drives Spain from Alsace and assaults Strasburg, but fail to take the town. Luxemburg finally falls to France and the French army marches south. France, Savoy and Navarra defeat a Hannoverian army in Lorraine.

September – December 1519

The unthinkable happens as the peasants of Tunisia rise up against our long and mostly benevolent rule. The peasant army takes our garrison by surprise and defeats them, going on to lay siege to Tunis fort. Norfolk is dispatched to north Africa with all due haste…

War in Europe : A brief stalemate ensues as the battered combatants gather their forces for a fresh onslaught in the new tax year.

January 1520

Tax 188d. Suleyman I rises to the throne of Turkey. We lose another M in Flandres.

War in Europe: The siege of Pfalz continues.

February - April 1520

Norfolk lands in Tunisia and crushes the rebels without mercy. Brandon is summoned from England to take over the post of Governor of Tunis. 2,000/1,000 additional troops are raised in Kent for the home garrison to replace Brandon’s contingent.

War in Europe: Mainz falls to France. It would appear that the Palatinat may soon be annexed. The Palatinat signs a white peace with Helvetia and pays 101d indemnitites to Navarra but the French onslaught is implacable.

July - November 1520

War in Europe: On the 3rd of July the Palatinat is indeed fully annexed by France, greatly extending her power and her reach into central Europe. The French army immediately marches on Hainult and lays siege. In August, a Papal army defeats the Spanish and lays siege to Gerona. Hainault falls to France, Spain besieges Luxemburg, France marches to relieve Artois, taken earlier in the war by Hannover.

A total of 6,000 infantry are levied in Tunis to provide the backbone of Brandon's future garrison.

December 1520

Brandon takes command of a garrison of (7,000/2,000/10) and Norfolk sails for Nice with the bulk of the army.

January - 1521

Tax 196d. Jaoa III rises to throne of Portugal. Another 2,000 infantry are levied in Nice and the home garrison in Wessex is boosted by the addition of 5,000/2,000.

Spain abandons the siege of Luxemburg and marches to re-take Hainault. France re-takes Artois.

Norfolk returns to Nice and we assess the situation. With France busy in the north and unlikely to declare unilateral war on us, and the Savoyese out of the picture for the time being, we decide that the time is right to put the next – and by far the most audacious so far – stage of our master plan into action.

It is time for Norfolk to march once more...

Viking

Godfather of Forts
65 Badges
Jan 21, 2001
www.geocities.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
ragusa and the wharf right?? (unless you are playing IGC.. in which case.. annex venice..)

unmerged(1034)

Kessarian
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by Viking
ragusa and the wharf right?? (unless you are playing IGC.. in which case.. annex venice..)

thats what i was thinking, though won't ragusa bring with it the headache of the ottomans due to their CB?
that way you end up with 2 powers (france and ottomans) who are out to get you
if the goal is a shipyard, i personally prefer going for andulusia, tho ragusa is nice and sneaky as well
tho, like viking noted, it could be venice (are you playing the IGC or GC)
either way, very nice aar

Storey

StoreytellAAR
7 Badges
Mar 16, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • 500k Club
Norfolk returns to Nice and we assess the situation. With France busy in the north and unlikely to declare unilateral war on us, and the Savoyese out of the picture for the time being, we decide that the time is right to put the next – and by far the most audacious so far – stage of our master plan into action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pride goeth before the fall. Be careful!

Joe

unmerged(1996)

Colonel
Mar 19, 2001
www.thealienonline.net
Good morning, gents.

Thanks to all who have left comments over the weekend. I've been able to fit in a few more hours of game-time in the past couple of days, so now I'm up to 1547 or so, and I'll try to get the AAR to play catch-up as quickly as I can. Developments? Blimey, I'll say...

Just to answer a few of the wilder speculations as to Norfok's next move:

Viking: Ah, Ragusa. A tempting target, but one that would put me in direct conflict with Venice and her allies, currently consisting of half the Moslem world - dangerous for Tunisia.

Kessar: Again, Andalusia would be nice, but that would mean betraying my allies Spain and having both them and France after my hide.

Storey: Tell me about it. More details in later installments...

Mr. Clewer: Naples again is a tempting target but is a vassal of Spain and currently an ally of ours - not a profitable conquest in the long term methinks. The Papal States are in league with the damned French, so to attack them so soon would surely invite a swift expulsion from Nice and the Pope has already had a good go at Tunisia. Genoa..? Hmmm...

driedcow: I promised screenshots, and so screenshots you shall have. Just a few for now, available to look at on http://www.thealienonline.co.uk/eu.

Right then, the next installment will be up around lunchtime today, all being well. Once again, thanks to all for the interest and encouragement. I'll try to keep you all entertained for a fair while longer...

Last edited:

The Danish King

Defender of Denmark
82 Badges
Mar 28, 2001
Visit site
  • Stellaris
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
How about taking prussia or Denmark? It would surly give you more options in the east.

unmerged(1996)

Colonel
Mar 19, 2001
www.thealienonline.net
Danish King: Interesting. I have glanced at that part of the map on more than one occasion, but the terrain frankly terrifies me. The thought of trying to move enough cannon around in all those mountains and icefields sends shudders down my spine. I'll stick to warmer climes for now I think, but should an opportunity present itself, then you just never know.

Besides, I think my bad boy rating is probably bad enough at the moment, and about to get a fair bit worse...

unmerged(1996)

Colonel
Mar 19, 2001
www.thealienonline.net
Stage IV – The War of Genoese annexation. February 1521 – December 1522

February 1521

The time has come to put Stage IV of our master plan into action. England declares war on Genoa. The nobles are not happy that we have attacked a sovereign Christian state (we lose 3 Stability, down to -1), but once more we ask for their patience and faith. The Knights of St John declare for Genoa but she is abandoned by her other allies, Tuscany and Parma, which suite us well. Norfolk marches on Genoa itself, whilst Howard (26/0/0) puts to sea to face the mighty Genoan fleet (28/3/5). The Genoans put to port to drop off 8,000 troops then return to sea to face defeat at the hands of Howard.

Elsewhere in Europe: France attacks Spain in Flandres and lays siege to this important Centre of Trade.

March - May 1521

Norfolk (14,164/5,541/57) completely annihilates the Genoese army of (7,980/796) and then lays siege to the city itself. Our great general assaults the town on the 2nd of April and the city is forced to surrender on the 15th. Norfolk immediately embarks for Corsica, whilst an occupation force of 2,000 marches to Genoa from Nice. Genoa offers a white peace on April 16th which we – naturally - refuse.

Flandres falls to France and the French move on to siege Calais, which previously fell to our Hannoverian allies.

June 1521

The Genoese fleet issues forth from Bastia harbour to try to prevent Norfolk's landing, but they are too late. Whilst they struggle to defeat Howard, Norfolk assaults Bastia and takes the town on the first attempt. We immediately send a diplomat to the Genoese leaders with our terms: the annexation of their nation.

Genoa has no choice but to agree and we now control a centre of trade that takes revenue from half of France, northern Spain and Southern Africa. The income from the two provinces totals some 88 ducats. An important blow has been struck for the greater glory of Henry's England. We also of course captured the Genoese fleet of (28/1/5), which forms an important addition to our navy.

This was a swift, decisive and brilliantly engineered campaign, which the great Norfolk carried out with impeccable precision and determination. He is to be decorated with the freedom of the city of London the very second he returns to English shores.

July 1521

Good King Henry orders an immediate re-assessment of our new position.

We now control all of the British Isles, plus the mediterranean provinces of Nice, Genoa, Corsica and Tunisia. We have two colonies in the New World, in Delaware (lvl 2) and Manhattan (lvl 1).

Our trade interests stand at: Venice (5m=18d), Novogrod (5m=17d) and Flandres (3m=13d). We fully intend to put merchants into Genoa as soon as our tax incomes allow, to boost the presence of the 3 ex-Genoese already stationed there.

The King now orders a period of quiet introspection and reconciliation with our neighbours, many of whom have been greatly infuriated by our daring annexation of Genoa, and a policy of mollifying the fractious barons who argued so loudly against our latest conquest (full investment in stability). We will also recall Norfolk to England with half the army, leaving the defence of our mediterranean possessions in milord Brandon's more than capable hands.

Then comes an event that stuns the nation. King Henry makes one of his routine speeches at court denouncing the heresy of Protestantism. Unbelievably, the province of Lincoln revolts and a peasant army of some 13,000 rises up to take the town. This is utterly shocking. We genuinely had no idea that such heretical beliefs were harboured within our shores. A swift poll of the rest of England shows that similar doctrines now hold sway in Wessex, Bristol, Anglia and The Midlands also, although the rest of our great nation remains loyally Catholic. I advise his majesty to moderate his official views for the sake of the stability of the realm, whilst the home garrisons are gathered in Bristol to march on Lincoln and deal with the rebels.

Elsewhere : Calais returns to French control. Then on the 5th of July, the minor nation of Hessen declares solitary war on the combined might of France and her allies (Savoy, Papal States, Helvetia, Navarra, Denmark). Suicide, surely!

August - November 1521

The home garrisons merge to form the Army of Scotland (12,761/4,885) which marches on Lincoln via Anglia and defeats the rebels, slaughtering the peasant scum to a man. Wales and Cornwall now favour Protestantism also, although Kent, the Shires, the Marches, Ireland and Scotland remain staunch and true Catholics. The Army of Scotland is stationed centrally, in Bristol, against any further uprising. King Henry issues a decree of tolerance for the private practice of Protestantism, but will not allow any public displays of the new heresy. Had our relationship with the Papal States been more amicable for the past 30 years he might have done more to stamp it out, but as things stand he has neither the inclination nor the fervour to risk a religious uprising on English soil...

December 1521

A small force of 2,000 Knights of St John land in Nice and attack our garrison (4,073/2,513/22) there. It is an unexpected development, to be sure. We had all but forgotten that the Knights declared for Genoa in our last war. Luckily though it is not a costly oversight on our part as the Knights are slaughtered to a man. We briefly consider a revenge attack, but Rhodes is too distant, too poor and too close to the looming might of Turkey to make it worth while garrisoning on a permanent basis, so instead we offer a white peace, but the Knights refuse. Our mediterranean fleet puts to sea to search for their ships and sink them.

Brandon re-assesses the needs of the mediterranean theatre, splitting his garrisons between Nice (approx. 8,000 & 22 guns), Genoa (approx. 9,000 & 22 guns, Brandon commanding), Corsica (6,000 & 10 guns) and Tunsia (8,000 & 10 guns). Reinforcements will be procured as soon as feasible, but for now His Majesty requires that our trade holdings be enhanced and most of our investment is being put towards our mercantile interests.

Norfolk, reaching the end of his illustrious career, takes ship with an honour guard of 1,000 foot. He is entertained by Admiral Howard who is also returning home with the bulk of the fleet (29/0/8) and together the two English heroes set sail for England.

January 1522

Poor stability results in low taxation revenues of only 185d. We are still investing in placating the nobility so hopefully revenues will rise again next year. We failed in our mission to secure a Royal Marriage with France, but Henry VIII declares he has a new goal: to keep Nice for the next 5 years. We place three merchants in Genoa to add to the three Genoese nationals who are now our citizens, one in Flandres and one in Novogrod, to attempt to re-establish our monopoly there.

February 1522

The Genoa squadron sights the Rhodes fleet but they elude us and so we recall our ships to their permanent station in Corsica. Only one of our merchants has any success - driving a Branbenburger from Venice.

March - May 1522

We have been tricked. The Knights launch a second attack on Nice, with (8,917/984) set against our (3,915/2,490/22). We are defeated and sent from the field with only (119/1,948/17) survivors. Brandon immediately counter-attacks with his (3,916/2,491/22) but he too is repulsed (770/2,040/19). Our fleet rushes to assist and engages the Rhodes squadron but they, too are driven off. Brandon re-groups to prepare a full conuter-attack with 4,000 levies as Nice is besieged. Our fleet is pursued and defeated again, and flees for the safety of Corsica harbour. Perhaps we have brought Norfolk home too soon...

Elsewhere: on March 12th, a titanic conflict erupts in the Eastern mediterranean as Poland-Lithuania (Brandenburg, Moldovia, Prussia, Hungary, Venice, Tripoli) declares war on Turkey (Wallachia, Cyrencia, Crimea).

June - August 1522

Brandon recovers his strength and trains his fresh recruits. The walls of Nice hold fast against the Knights.

In July Hessen sues for peace with Helvetia, by paying 199d indemnities, and then negotiates a white peace with Savoy.

September 1522

Brandon's Royal Army (4,826/3,975/36) marches to the relief of Nice, but again is repulsed by the Knights (8,756/1,521). Our oversight is looking a little more serious by the day. It would appear that Pride indeed goeth...

The Genoa squadron puts to sea and discovers the Knights’ ships have left the vicinity and so prepares to transport the Corsican garrison to the mainland to reinforce Brandon.

October 1522

Brandon is reinforced by the Corsican garrison and immediately marches on Nice, determined to drive the Knights out once and for all. Our Genoan squadron puts to sea to patrol the coast.

November - December 1522

A revolt (15,000) in Tunisia is efficiently put down by our garrison. Brandon is almost upon the Knights in Nice and our Genoan squadron has engaged their ships when a messenger arrives, demanding 20d indemnities for an end to the war. King Henry, who has been mightily impressed by their martial valour, orders them paid and they prepare to leave our soil.

A reduced garrison of (3,000/0/10) is returned to Corsica with the Genoan squadron, Brandon takes command of the garrison in Nice and the 4,000 recruits in Genoa are reinforced by (1,000/0/10) under colonel Jones. Reinforcements become an absolute priority for the new year, followed, preferably, by an extended period of peace.

We shall have to see if the Good Lord favours us with such a chance to re-group and re-develop our economic base with our new Italian possessions to drive us forward. If not, then our weakened position in Nice and Genoa might seem tempting enough for our French neighbours to risk chancing their arm against us.

We shall have to ensure that we remain firm friends with our great ally of Spain, and not make any more aggressive moves for the time being...

unmerged(2351)

Scary Bald Bloke !
Mar 27, 2001
Visit site
Yet another great chapter !

Keep it up mate, it makes a chancge to see a GC with England being played so well. only have my feeble efforts to compare with so far :D

When's the next instalment ?
I'd love to know what your relationship with the rest of Europe is now ?

unmerged(1996)

Colonel
Mar 19, 2001
www.thealienonline.net
Thanks again, Genghis.

The short answer to your question: They hate me. All of them. And it's only going to get worse...

Next installment going up after 5 p.m. today, all being well.

The Danish King

Defender of Denmark
82 Badges
Mar 28, 2001
Visit site
  • Stellaris
  • War of the Roses
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
Truly great AAR!

About the Baltic thing, you could also take Gotland from Denmark, the island in the middle of the Baltic sea, that would give you control over what's happening in northern Europe and gives you a strong point for where you can counter-attack if any northern/eastern European country attacks you by being in some alliance.

Just an idea.

PS: Snow is not that difficult to travel in. :D

Last edited:

unmerged(1996)

Colonel
Mar 19, 2001
www.thealienonline.net
Oooh, now that's interesting. Once the English fleet is strong enough to create a permanent northern squadron, that could be a possibility. I might just act on that at some stage.

Strange though that the King of Denmark should advise England to seize one of Denmark's own provinces... you're not in the pay of my spymaster general are you..? ;)

The Danish King

Defender of Denmark
82 Badges
Mar 28, 2001
Visit site
  • Stellaris
  • War of the Roses
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
Well, we did invade your great country in the 800's as Vikings, so I think it's fair that you take the puny island of Gotland from Denmark(which isn't Danish anymore, it's Swedish!)