• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two things- the government most likely doesn't let me and my wife would kill me, otherwise a pretty good idea :D
Then what are you waiting for? :D

Ah, yes. It's good to be a citizen of Nippon. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Großdeutschland
Großdeutschland

The war with Qing went about as well as predicted. Luang Prabang became a proper puppet, Dai Nam was annexed by Japan and Qing lost all of their coastal provinces. And all done in about 6 months or so- by June 1916, Japan had won a clear victory. And after the war, Qing no longer were a Major Unrecognized Power for much longer. Or by other terms, they were the last nation on Earth Japan was unable to puppet. No longer.

1675595988081.jpeg

From Great Qing to Regional Qing

Then, Japan went ahead and tried to annex Belgium. They resisted, and a war broke out, ending in February 1917.

After Belgium, it was time for Orissa to be relieved of their puppet status and become part of Japan proper. They did not resist and by May 1917, they backed down. Making at least most of India Japanese, though there were still ways to go.

Now, feeling like gobbling up something bigger, Japan finally decided to end the independence of Great Britain. Guess they still remembered what happened the last time- Japanese troops invading Ireland and cutting the islands off from the world, so they didn’t resist. By August 1917, the nation formerly known as Great Britain was part of Japan. In addition to the Isles, Japan gained the British overseas territories as well. Though, to be fair, they were of reduced number when compared to the British heydays. Just some lands in Africa, islands in the Caribbean and some other smaller holdings.

1675596017774.jpeg

British Isles plus some African territories

The Japanese turned their attention to Sokoto in Africa. A puppet no longer, as in November 1917, they backed down and gave up control.

Gobbling up your subjects is all fun and games, but sometimes, people crave for something fresh, new. Like, say Wallachia. Small country on the Austrian-Ottoman border (or by other words, deep within Japanese territory), known for its rich oil deposits. To the credit of Wallachians, they resisted quite long- until March 1918, before rolling over and letting Japan in.

At the same time, Prussia was once again riddled by communist revolution. Just this time, it was Japanse problem as well, for they were the overlords of Prussia.

Fortunately, it was still days before the revolution began when Wallachia folded, so Japan could sneak something else in- like turning Scandinavia from protectorate to puppet. Mostly done for aesthetic purposes.

1675596058680.jpeg

The Scandinavian puppet

War with the Prussian Revolution broke out on 13th March, 1918, Meanwhile, Scandinavia folded on 3rd of June, becoming yet another in a long string of puppets. As for Prussian, well, they gave quite a fight. Unfortunately for them, Prussians were not very good at fighting and there were just too many Japanese on all the fronts. On 21st of August 1918, they gave up as well.

1675596089757.jpeg

Kind of too little fronts here, Paradox!

It was then that Japan decided to deal with the German question once and for all. Starting from Prussia herself- demanding the annexation of the biggest German state. Who, of course, traditionally folded pretty fast- on 12th of October 1918.

Meanwhile, there was another election in Japan. And the elections of 1918 actually changed things- the Common People’s Party, now a coalition of Armed Forces and Trade Unions, came to power and Japan had a new leader- Enomoto Yoshika, a 29-year old leader of the Armed Forces.

1675596077802.jpeg

A change in power

Then, Japan took on Oldenburg, who folded in November 1918.

After that, Schleswig-Holstein, who recently enjoyed a personal union with Scandinavia, but due to recent puppeting of Scandinavia and Japan not having a monarch to be in personal union with, suddenly found themselves independent. And lo and behold, instead of folding quietly like Prussia did, they gathered support of Hesse and Nassau, two other small German princedoms, and decided to fight. War broke out on 14th March 1919 and Hesse was the last one to fold, on 26th of July 1919.

Meanwhile, Japan discovered Flash Freezing in May 1919. Overall, quite useless, for it was meant to reduce the labor requirements for fishing and meat industries- and Japan was having an opposite of labor shortage. Still, it was significant, for it was the last technology that could be discovered. Japan was now as modern as one could get.

1675596124056.jpeg

The last technology

Next was Brunswick, who gave up within a month. Anhalt followed suit- one month and surrender.

Schaumburg-Lippe, allied with Luxembourg, took until December 1919 to reconsider. Then, Luxembourg, who gave up in March 1920.

Then, it was just South German states left. Baden was the first one, thinking from March to June 1920 if they should surrender, finally deciding that yes, they should.

Hohenzollern, a small (even by German standards) state was next on the menu. They managed to actually get the help of Bavaria, Württenberg (who just happened to be a Japanese protectorate, the bastards) and the Swiss, but folded on 27th of September.

Württenberg, the unruly protectorate, was next. Unfortunately, they could not be annexed directly, so instead, Japan worked on making them a puppet. They folded on 29th of October.

This made Bavaria the last independent state. And Japan was more than happy to give them an offer- become a puppet, or else. The poor Bavarians, having recently lived through a bankruptcy as well, were less than eager to fight and on 1st December 1920, they backed down, becoming a Japanese puppet.

That was all of Deutschland. But Japan wanted something more, something nicer. A Großdeutschland. So, on 1st of December 1920, they announced that they will annex Austria as well. There was one nation that in theory could give a fight. Mostly modern armies, though quite reliant on Japanese materials. Still, hundreds of battalions. On the other hand, Japan could move in from every side, completely surrounding the poor nation.

At the same time, Württenberg had a slight communist revolution problem, adding to confusion.

Still, on 21st of March, 1921, Austria decided to fold, becoming part of something greater. And the division of Germany, holding the nation back since medieval times, was finally ended. Well, more or less, Bavaria and Württenberg were still puppets. And perhaps solved in a way that Germans a few decades ago could not even dream of being possible. All of Germany, united under the Japanese Empire.

1675596136492.jpeg

Großdeutschland

• 1Like
Reactions:
Germany unified, Qing made puppetable, some other minor gains. And well, i'm all done with tech and also, Japanese GDP had grown over 10 billion. Overall, i'm coming to a point where there isn't much to write about, so i'm making 5 years per episode.
A special turning point- when playing the game takes a longer time then writing an episode! :D

Then what are you waiting for? :D

Ah, yes. It's good to be a citizen of Nippon. :)

I like my life! :D

And well, at least when compared to the rest of the world, then citizenship of Japan is like winning a lottery. There is still slavery in the world. And serfdom! And in special cases, like Japanese subjects in India, both serfdom and slavery.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is this the first WC in Vicky3? :D

Reactions:
The Last Empire

After kind of unifying Germany, Japan craved for something more exotic. Like a nice island in the Caribbeans. Warn weather, nice beaches, rum and palm trees. You know. An island like Cuba. Who wisely backed down on 22nd of April 1921 and became yet another Japanese province.

Then, Japan turned their attention to China. Namely, Yunnan. A nice independent country that would give Japan additional access to the Qing Proper. In May, Qing decided to join Yunnan in their fight, but on 27th of July, Yunnan backed down.

By that time, the truce with Qing had came to an end and Japan decided it was time for the main prize. The Great Qing, as puppet of Japan. In a kind of anticlimactic way, the Qing decided to back down instead and on 29th of November, 1921, what once was a powerhouse in the world was now a Japanese puppet.

Daunguang Aisin Gioro, the Emperor of Qing, had at least a pleasure to live through it all- rise and fall of the Qing Empire. Poor man, 139 years old and still kicking. Guess there is something to the ancient Chinese medicine after all.

1675774594588.jpeg

The Great Puppet Qing

Now, Japan turned their attention to South America. Argentina, to be more precise. And Chile, since they happened to have an alliance with them. And Paraguay, since they decided to join the fun. And this time, they did not back down. On 4th of March, 1922, Japan went to war. One thing though- Japan had by accident made Brazil dominion, not a puppet and therefore, Paraguay was safer then it should be.

Still, Japan marched onwards. Made three naval invasions. Fought the enemy in the Andes and in the pampas. And it went about as well as expected. On 21st of November, Argentina gave up, Chile did this about a month earlier. Since the game decided that this means no fronts in Paraguay, the latter got a white peace instead.

Then, it was Peru-Bolivia. Who, observing how the war went in the South, made some calculations and then, on 12th of December, rolled over and became a puppet.

1675774610897.jpeg

South America is also mostly Japan

• 1Like
Reactions:
You know, I think it is about high time I stopped this AAR. For the following reasons:

1. I have puppeted everyone who is everyone. Meaning, the game has basically nothing left in terms of challenge.
2. The game had crawled into snail's pace. Ticks take forever and when it is Monday, I can make a coffee. Ok, not that bad, but lag is noticeable and I get the feeling that getting to 1936 would take me as much time as it took to get to 1922

Combination of these two means that basically, it is not fun to play anymore.

Is this the first WC in Vicky3? :D

You know, I think not. There are still plenty of small nations around and even if few of them decide to make a stand and fight, the time would run out before the game comes to an end. But in all honesty, Japan now is de facto a world conquest :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
I understand. Would be grand with a WC though. Perhaps next time, when Paradox fixes the lag issues or @hjarg gets a supercomputer. :D

Thanks for the ride!

Reactions:
The flag will continue to advance, regardless! Thank you for your story!

I can understand it, basically you have conquered the world. The few countries left can't do anything to you. It was a great tale, you are an excellent story teller.

Reactions:
Well, I tried with 1.2 open beta as well. The result- my GDP dropped by half, nothing is getting built no more and it seems like the game had slowed down even more. So, any hope of me continuing is properly crushed.

Oh well, i'll get a final episode in some time, looking at life in Japan by the end date and call it a day. Until then, thanks all for reading!

I understand. Would be grand with a WC though. Perhaps next time, when Paradox fixes the lag issues or @hjarg gets a supercomputer. :D

Thanks for the ride!

I'm still not sure I would have pulled it off anyway.
There is still a host of small nations around and if each of them would go to war instead of rolling over after a month, then there is a good chance the game would run out before i'd collect them all.

But thanks for reading!

The flag will continue to advance, regardless! Thank you for your story!

Eventually, Japan will come out on top, yes :D
Thanks for reading!

I can understand it, basically you have conquered the world. The few countries left can't do anything to you. It was a great tale, you are an excellent story teller.

De facto world conquest, yes.
I have more armies then the rest of the world combined and even if they all ganged on me, they would lose. Plus, I control the all the oceans as well.

Thanks for compliment :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's been an entertaining ride!

• 1Like
Reactions: