• Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
    • Cities: Skylines
    • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
    • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
    • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
    • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
    • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
    • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
    uTAR4j3gFbiGq5gQnLeh0HmeR1cIcX1k_iKkPM4vP-EehSvpHG1CWWbCoY_tIa0SqRKi7e-HI4mD2W2HAbH7isphy-uN9GSCetNJ2qp04-mwI9-PHXwUQPq1NUE8Q2NEfQsdTV_8

Attack on the ruins of the Great Temple of Praf

AFqRpIKEcjAMQsm64yv74lq2Hx7KO5Ry1EPRFwL1eA5hopw6XlEuv1YmPQ8Ry_aaEIcGL1mr8yi6LIhKNeNgQTVrDahXkJwfGgr5bLzB2hGHRZi6Awv9dHGN5GA5sWKUsEKxpznZ
    Late at night on the 5th of April 2210 AE shots could be heard in the suburbs of Al-Sharit coming from the ruins of the once Great Temple of Praf, the last heretical religion to exist on Vaeria. This Heresy was officially declared as cleansed in the second half of the 20th century AE, after the Praftis Purges.

In a press release the IIA states:

“On the night of the 5th of April an unknown number of culprits have attacked the ruins of the Great Temple of Praf, killing 37 Children of Arius in the process. The Holy Order of the Children of Arius and IIA are now conducting a joint investigation of the incident. We ask you to report any suspicious behavior you may have witnessed this night in Al-Sharit. The Emperor has assured both of our Organizations that we have his full support in finding these dangerous criminals.”

Our correspondents in Al-Sharit tell us of an unusual high amount of IIA Agents and Children of Arius arriving to secure the site. Sources in the Imperial Interstellar Navy also tell us about one corvette being deployed in a geostationary orbit above Al-Sharit, something usually done when the Emperor declares a matter important to the Holy Imperial Order.

As to what really is going on the local populous and the Internet is already speculating. Officials on the scene however tell us, that the Empire takes terrorism really serious and that all of these actions are merely precautions, to guarantee the safety of the region.

Election Results of the People's Assembly of 2210
  • skagerakk

Kaiser
    66 Badges
    Jul 11, 2014
    • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
    • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
    • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
    • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
    • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
    • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
    • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
    • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
    • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
    • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris Sign-up
    • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
    • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
    • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
    • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
    • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
    • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
    • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
    • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
    • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
    • Stellaris: Apocalypse
    • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
    • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
    • Victoria 2: A House Divided
    • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
    • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
    • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
    • Stellaris: Necroids
    • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
    • Stellaris: Distant Stars
    • Stellaris: Lithoids
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Victoria: Revolutions
    • Victoria 2
    • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
    cykI6fKhZaXbVvJIFeXDgXbls6MADGB1jyaz-BngpCKWp1aI2f4FCgabiRYqg6UoJTYBzPNINLiSFoBtVfTmXamOpknX6dZ0aCyKnuFpbbxR2bwFBMnlQpzvEw94udTPzOoLlzPk

People’s Assembly election results 2210

The Voting stations have been closed and the votes have been counted. We can now safely announce the results of the election for the People’s Assembly of 2210:

Ynd2guYalahflAoGS2QwBWfrizc5wsvTV3ZY_BBzNVa3zmIsovnRSgOfFhoTshXnZLJJoeSxjFehiyveEjFgR9tpUhsShbTTlixcicv-TRRJeuJ4Og39F6fCheQ2p-wOtAbB9CDP

rOzIIYsVjtrLmYYj1wuLOcoLNxErA5gHQ4Ufa1_O7JBIFFOt_MyoyR9xqZ-FIgR3xpyH9Tk9Wz0TOTARbTxJIfRks0_kV6bZmyxBWLgBXZO0HEAGctPS2zj-gIe4fVRRhgi4KUnm

These results show, that theoretically three different coalitions for the Grandmagistrate are possible. Whether or not the Voidcraft-VLG coalition remains intact will have to be seen. It, however, seems likely that Samuel Hollerzollen will reclaim the office of Grandmagister for himself, after his false imprisonment.

We will keep you informed!

Short Story: Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust
  • SibCDC

Mayor of Königsberg
    27 Badges
    Nov 4, 2015
    www.youtube.com
    • Stellaris: Federations
    • Prison Architect
    • Imperator: Rome
    • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
    • Victoria 2
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris
    • Stellaris: Megacorp
    • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
    First of all, thank you to @skagerakk for allowing me to post my short story in here. Second of all to give some context, this short story takes place against the background of Emperor de Mérode's sudden and mysterious death. It follows Lady-Regent Napolitana Buenoparte, acting regent in Arcadié, as she investigates the late Emperor's death. So let's get into it!

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust
    2209.12.7 7:19 PM. Albion, Temple District.

mHbDc0T.png

A beautiful white gleaming ship landed in Albion. As its landing gear touched the ground, a big ramp extended down. As Lady-Regent Buenoparte descended from the ramp, she admired the beautiful scenery where she once had enjoyed her religious education.

Pontifex Maximus J.T. Canisius:
    "Lady Buenoparte, welcome to Albion, may you be blessed by the Gods. It is unfortunate that we have to meet in these circumstances after what happened with the Emperor, which got you into the regent position you now are, but I am sure you are doing fine managing Arcadié."

Lady-Regent Napolitana Buenoparte:
    "Indeed, Arcadié these last few years is less dependent on its ruling family than you would generally expect from an Archduchy on our planet."

"Anyway, let us go to the Palace before we continue our conversation. Follow me."
    They walked to a limo, guarded by a couple Children of Arius. They both took a seat and whilst the limo is driving to the Palace.
    "So Lady Regent, what is it that brings you back to Albion?"

"You might or might not be familiar with Arcadian local politics, but I am actually here on official business. A law was just passed through both Houses to start an official investigation into the death of our late Archduke."

"Is it? I have to be completely honest here: I don't follow the rambling that takes place in both the Assembly and the Chamber. I am a man of Faith after all, not of politics."

"I am talking about the Houses of the local Arcadian council, here Your Holiness. The rambling in the Capital has nothing to do with this investigation."

"Then I definitely did not catch word of this 'investigation'. What are they trying to find? Some sort of 'evidence' our late Emperor doesn't actually has his body been burned and his ashes spread out throughout outer space? I fear it might be a bit difficult to retrieve those ashes from space to 'test' their origins..."
    The limo drove through the gates of the Pontifical Palace and stopped at the big entrance of the Palace.
    "Let us go inside first, we'll have a bit more privacy up there."
    The Lady-Regent followed the Pontifex inside.

"That is exactly what this investigation is about. We have already interviewed the family of the late Emperor and there are some things that need to be explained. As this is the last place the Emperor was seen alive, I'd like to know what his last days were like."
    The Pontifex guided the Lady Regent to a small room, signalled the Children watching guard to leave and took a seat.

"His family will say the same as I will now: he was emotionally stressed and burned out. Politics is what killed him. His heart couldn't cope. You see why I don't involve myself with politics."

"Was the Emperor visited by anyone in particular before he died?"

"The Emperor locked himself in his private quarters he was assigned to when he came here with me and has seen no-one besides me, when he asked me for advice, but most of the time he would spend his time alone, thinking I imagine of how to solve the crisis. I helped him as much as I could, but he kept me out of it for the most part."

"Did the Emperor leave behind anything from his time here in Albion? Something like a diary or notes?"

"Not that I know of. If he did, I believe any of his personal belongings were most likely given to his family members, you should ask them if that was the case. If they'll allow someone to put their nose in their business is an entirely different thing though..."

"If it's not much to ask of you, could I perhaps see where the Emperor spent his last days?"

"That room is unfortunately occupied at the moment by one of our many members of the Church. You would have to ask the priest who is currently residing there for his permission, but I fear he is someone who prefers his privacy."

"Would you be kind enough, Your Holiness, to inquire with that person if such a matter could be arranged? I fear the House of Lords in Arcadié would not be satisfied if I did not at least try."

"Of course you can always try. He is somewhere in Albion attending his business so I will have to ask him later. I will send you once I have been in touch with him."

"I must thank you for your hospitality, Your Holiness. There is one last thing I'd like to ask before I have to leave. Did the Emperor make any last wishes known to you before he died?"

"Not that I know of, he only asked me for spiritual guidance in his last hours. May Arius bless his soul."

"Thank you, Your Holiness, for your hospitality and for your willingness to provide me with answers. I think the Arcadian House of Lords will be pleased to hear that their Pontifex has offered his most esteemed cooperation with the investigation that they have chosen to open. I hope that when I am done, we will finally have the answers we all were waiting for."

"What answers are you looking for? If I am not mistaken, you have not yet told me why there is an investigation in the first place?"

"As I said, the House of Lords passed a law which required me to conduct such an investigation. Perhaps they were not satisfied with the ample information they received from the government. The death of our ruler certainly isn't something which occurs very often, so I believe it is fair that the Lords of Arcadié which to know what exactly happened to their Archduke and why his body wasn't brought to Arcadié for a funeral there."

"The Emperor was stressed and almost dead at the end of his life. People do not think clear when they are in that state of mind, not even with spiritual guidance. I believe there is nothing the Lords of Arcadié have to be worried about. After all, they're only a local justice department, there is not much they can do."

"Your Holiness, if I may, scalding the Lords of Arcadié for their concern is quite unfair. They are some of the most faithful of your subjects. It is not a coincidence that Emperor de Mérode was such a faithful man, it is simply a common feature amongst the people of Arcadié. The Lords simply want to know if there was anything out of the order in the Emperor's last days. But as you have said, and as the late Emperor's family has already said, Carolus de Mérode suffered from a heart attack, and there is no reason as of yet to doubt this. I simply want to know if the late Emperor had any last visions on Arcadian politics, something which might help his successor once he becomes Archduke."

"There is a difference between an investigation about the last days of the Emperor and merely 'getting to know his last visions on Arcadian politics'. I can say for the first: he died of a heart attack, officials have confirmed this, so there is nothing the Lords of Arcadié have to be worried about. As for the latter: I have no idea on the Emperor's last wishes nor visions on local politics, the man was not in a good state to think about such things. I fear de Mérode's family and the Lords of Arcadié will have to come up with their own, original, ideas to govern their Archduchy, which I am sure they are capable of. And if not, they should ask de Mérode's family, not me nor the Church for that matter. But if you'll excuse me, I have other meetings planned and other important stuff to do."

"Of course, Your Holiness, my apologies if my inquiry has come over to you as rude or too invasive. I was simply doing what I was told by the legislation passed in Arcadié."

"Then tell them their investigation is ill-framed and unnecessary. There is nothing they have to worry about. May you and the Lords be blessed with wisdom. Have a good day."
    The Pontifex pushed a button, signalling Children of Arius to enter the room, and guide the Lady Regent out of the palace.

As the Lady Regent enters her ship, she glances out of a window and looks back at Albion. She had some of her best days here, but now her childhood memories were somewhat ruined by the rude appearance of the Pontifex. She would certainly have to come back here to mend her relationship with His Holiness. Then the idea came to her. The Pontifex might not be so willing to cooperate, but physical evidence would still be present here in Albion. She remembered the Pontifex saying “I fear it might be a bit difficult to retrieve those ashes from space to 'test' their origins...". Clearly, the Pontifex wasn’t educated in forensic sciences. Napolitana suspected that just like a gun left trace amounts of gunpowder when fired, there would be trace amounts of ash on the ships which were used to spread de Mérode’s ashes. All she would have to do is find one of those ships. Napolitana descended from the ship again, shouting back at her on board personnel that she was going to take a walk and visit her childhood school.
    It took some time, but eventually she found one of the ships which were used to spread de Mérode’s ashes into space in a remote warehouse in Albion. Clearly, the ship hadn’t seen much action since 2206, as the exhaust pipes were taken out and something which looked like an engine was laying in a corner. She took out her particle counter, a device used by forensics to detect certain materials in a matter of minutes. She eventually found the hole from which the ashes could have been dispersed. It was a small circular hole at the side of the ship, with a hatch. She forced open the hatch by short-circuiting the external control panel and looked inside with her particle counter. She was correct, there was some trace amount of ash there. She collected it in a vial and quickly left before anyone had seen her.
    As General of the Arcadian Defence Forces, which acted like the local law enforcement in Arcadié, she had outfitted her ship with a mobile forensic lab. Now it proved how handy that was. She put the vial in the analyzer and waited for the results. After a while, a piece of paper was printed out, detailing the composition of the ashes. Luckily for her, there was grounded bone powder in the vial she collected. As DNA could not be extracted from ash, finding traces of bones or teeth was her only chance. It seemed the Gods had blessed her with this find. She read the piece of paper, 0% Human, 100% Bovine, cow ashes! She knew it! The Emperor was not cremated on that funeral pyre and his ashes were not spread into outer space! Napolitana took out a lighter and burned the piece of paper to a crisp. She then took the vial and destroyed it in the ship’s dematerializing bin.

2210.1.3 1:30 PM. Arcadié, Landing Tower 4.

ysQf7W8.jpg

A shuttle with Navy Herald descended from orbit into Arcadié and landed on the landing platform reserved for government officials on Landing Tower #4. Head Admiral Franz Oppenheimer disembarked with a couple of officers into tow and approached the Lady Regent who was awaiting him on the platform.

"Head Admiral, how nice of you to respond so quickly to my request. I promise this won't take too much of your time."

Head Admiral Franz Oppenheimer:
    "The pleasure is mine. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I simply wish to ask you some questions regarding official records of the Navy. Is it correct that the Navy records all ingoing and outgoing ships from Vaeria?"

"We do our best. There are a lot of traffic going both ways.

"And would this information of let's say four or five years ago be open to the public?"

"No, global traffic like that is subject to Navy and or IIA approval."

"Okay thank you Head Admiral, then there is one other matter which I'd like to ask you. As you may or may not know, next year (2211) marks the 450th anniversary of the rule of the House de Mérode. Preparations are currently being made in Arcadié to hold festivities to honour the Mérodes and to honour the late Emperor. I would humbly ask if the Imperial Navy lend some of its fighter jets for a fly-over of the city."

"I will have it arranged. Anything else?"

"That is all, thank you for your quick response, Head Admiral. If you would allow me, here is a gift from the Archduchy of Arcadié."
    The Lady Regent hands over a bottle of Mérode wine.
    "It is wine produced by the Mérode family, it's the best in all of Vaeria. I hope you like it."

"I will put it to good use Lady Regent. I appreciate the gift." He paused. "If your request for sensor log data was a narrow enough scope. I could have it reviewed to make sure no classified information was inadvertently detected. I would then the need to verify with the survey corp, IIA and the army to make sure they don't have any thing classified going in those sensor logs. Then I could release them. I know that is not likely what you want to hear but that is the best I can do."

"I will try to contact the IIA for the release of those documents, that will spare you some time and effort, I believe."

"I wish you luck in your investigation."

"Thank you, Head Admiral."

"It was a pleasure meeting you*

The Lady Regent nods as she watched the Head Admiral getting in the shuttle and leaving Arcadié to get back to his duties. Once the shuttle was out of view, she sent an official request to the IIA to review the records on the ingoing and outgoing ships of that fateful day back in 2206. After several minutes, she got a message back from Director Jäger of the IIA, asking to discuss the details of her request in person. Napolitana gladly accepted.
    After several hours, a shuttle marked with the logo of the IIA descends from the sky and lands on one of the Landing Towers in Arcadié. Gerald Jäger, Director of the Imperial Intelligence Agency descends from his shuttle and is greeted by the Lady-Regent.

"Good day, Director Jäger. I am glad to finally meet you."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Greetings Lady Regent. the Pleasure is all mine. I believe you have a request and I fear I need more details about it"

"Ah yes. The situation is fairly simple. At the end of last year, a Lord in the Arcadian House of Lords proposed a bill which tasked me personally with an independent investigation into the circumstances of our Archduke's death. The bill passed in the House of Lords and I set out to investigate. So far all my results have confirmed the official story and the records of the ingoing and outgoing ships would further confirm the official story I believe, which would allow me to finally put the concerns of our House of Lords to rest."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "And you wish to examine the global logs for that?"

"I just need confirmation that the ten ships which departed from Albion and carried de Mérode's ashes all arrived back on Vaeria."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Alright"
    The Director turned to his phone and typed a quick message.
    "If you have the time, follow me into the shuttle, we will fly back to IIA HQ and I will have a secure uplink prepared for you, where you can investigate the logs. For security reasons I cannot allow the logs to be transferred out of designated secure uplinks to the sensor grid. I am certain you understand."

"I certainly understand, Director."

The Lady Regent followed the Director into the shuttle. The shuttle ascended and flew into orbit.

2210.1.3 4:50PM. Höchstburg, IIA HQ.

pFkrTZd.jpg

The shuttle carrying the Director of the IIA and the Lady-Regent of Arcadié descended on Höchstburg. It landed at the Landing pads on top of IIA HQ, a landing pad always busy with Agents arriving and departing as well as with some Dropships arriving and departing as well. The Director walked out the shuttle and offered his hand to the Lady-Regent to help her out the shuttle. The Lady-Regent took the Director's hand and descended from the shuttle. The director smiled and checked his phone

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Alright, Lady Regent. The uplink to the database has been established. I will lead you to level 14, where a terminal will be ready for you."

The Director led her to the elevator. The Lady-Regent followed the Director. As chief of Arcadian police, she appreciated being led around in the centre of law enforcement in the Empire. When the elevator stopped on level 14, the director led the Lady-Regent to a small office in which one desk with a working station and two chairs had been prepared for use.

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "This PC will grant you access to the logs on the date in question. All classified military or IIA operations have been redacted, for reasons of clearance. I also took the liberty to grant you access to the case file of Emperor Carolus de Mérode's death. You will also find it on the workstation."

"Thank you Director, your cooperation will hopefully serve to end the concerns of the Arcadian Lords."

The Lady-Regent opens the logs and diligently checks if all ten ships made it back to Vaeria. After several minutes of reading, she can confirm that all ten made it back to Albion. However, for one of the ships there was something peculiar. On the bottom of the log, it read "Reviewed by Oversight: Conclusion minor deviancy of official Records detected; Ship hull configuration of arriving Ship differs slightly from departing ship. Most probable reason: Ship damaged by reentry into atmosphere. Interview of pilot suggested" -> "Pilot interviewed: Reasoning of Oversight confirmed" Underneath this short statement a logo could be found.

PTfUC7D.png

Certainly suspicious, the Lady-Regent thought. She decided to move on and pretend like she didn’t find it peculiar. The Lady-Regent then continued to read Mérode's case file, which confirmed the official story surrounding his death.

"Director, I think I have enough to confirm the official story and conclude my investigation. If you would be so kind as to give your signature on this form which states that I was granted permission into the official records and can confirm the official story based on my findings here?"

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Of course I will sign the confirmation" He signs the document. "Do you wish to take a copy of the case file to your regional Parliament, Lady Regent?"

"That won't be necessary, Director. As you said earlier, for security reasons it would be unsafe to let this information be transferred outside of the designated secure uplinks, even on paper."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "The logs, yes. The case file, however, can be released, if requested. there is nothing classified about it. The Diet actually has access to it."

"Then a copy will come in handy. Thank you Director for your help. I think the Lords in Arcadié will certainly appreciate your work."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "You are very welcome, Milady." He would smile again. "Is there anything else I or the Agency can do for you, while you are here?"

"Thank you Director, but I should work on my report so that the matter can be discussed in the House of Lords soon. If you would be so kind as to lend me one of your shuttles so I can return to Arcadié?"

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Of course" He typed something on his phone again. "A Shuttle will be ready in 15 minutes to fly you back to Arcadié. Do you want a cup of tea or coffee while you wait?"

"Some coffee would be nice, thank you for your kindness, Director."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "It is my pleasure." He led her to a small kitchen on level 14, several Agents were drinking their coffee in there as well, when the Director and the Lady Regent arrived. The director nodded to the other agents and they proceeded as normal. The Director then made two cups of coffee. "Would you like any milk or sugar in your coffee, Lady Regent?"

"Some milk would be nice indeed. Times like these remind me of my time as an gendarme in Arcadian law enforcement. I always liked these brief moments of socializing with my colleagues."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    The director handed the Lady her coffee. "Me too, I still like to do that from time to time. I believe in an Agency such as the IIA it is important, that the directorate, the leaderships stays in touch with their subordinates. Trust and loyalty has to go both ways. That's how we handled it in my unit while I was in Spec Ops and the Imperial Honor guard."

"It is probably why the late Emperor chose you for the job. I like to believe he saw similar virtues in me when he appointed me as General of Arcadié's Defence Forces."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "I believe so as well. And believe me, the reformation of the IRG was much needed. The Leadership had become so disconnected with the agents on the ground, it was like two separate entities. The Commandant and his predecessor seemed more interested in the political game, than their actual job. The climate in the Agency has become less toxic and oppressive since my staff and I took over." He sipped from his coffee. "And how is everything in Arcadié? Are the late Emperor's children alright?"

"While it might be a bit early, Arcadié is already preparing for next year's festivities to celebrate 450 years of Mérode rule. It is expected that the late Emperor's children will make their first public appearance since 2205. Of course they never really recovered from the events of 2205-6, but things have improved. Their mother, however, didn't take things so well, she recently fell ill and has been tied to her bed ever since."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "That's a shame, his majesty's children were always such bright little things. I was assigned to guard them several times. And if you meet the Duchess tell her I wish her well. She was a pleasant woman to be around."

"I will certainly tell her that. She mentioned you during my first meeting with her and she could say nothing but kind words about you. You really left the impression of a hard working and honest man on her."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    The Director smiled and blushed a bit. "I was raised this way, Milady. Always try to be the best man you can be, that is what my old man used to tell me."

"It is men like you who make this Empire great, Director. I am glad we can all count on the work you do."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Thank you, milady" He finished his coffee and looked at his wrist watch. "The Shuttle should be ready by now, follow me back to the landing pads"

The Director led the Lady-Regent back to the rooftop and the landing pads. A black shuttle, just like the one that brought them to Höchstburg was being prepared to take off.

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "The shuttle is ready for you, Lady Regent. Farewell and good luck with the House of Lords in Arcadié."

"Thank you Director for your kindness and your cooperation. I hope we will meet again."

The Lady-Regent walked up to the ramp of the shuttle and looked back at the Director, giving him a smile before turning around again and entering the shuttle. The Director returned the smile and waved as the shuttle ascended into the sky.

2210.1.5 2:00 PM. Arcadié, House of Lords.

jcg8eLk.png

Lord Speaker Jean Martin:
    “Order, order! My Lords, I give the word to Lady-Regent Buenoparte.”

“Thank you, Lord Speaker. My Lords, I have requested this session to report back to you the findings of my investigation into the mysterious death of our late Emperor and Archduke Carolus de Mérode. This investigation was requested by the Count of Marqualle and approved by a majority in this House. With this authority, I set out to inquire with several key witnesses what occurred on that infamous day.
    Let’s first start with the official story. The Hollerzollen trial and the siege of Shizra in 2205 forced our beloved Archduke to retreat to Albion. After two years of relative seclusion, with minimal visits from the outside world, de Mérode suffered from a heart attack as the result of stress induced trauma. The Emperor’s funeral was held in Albion itself, with minimal attendance at the request of his family. Carolus de Mérode’s body was cremated on a funeral pyre. After the ceremony, his ashes were loaded into 10 ships, provided by the Church, and his ashes were then spread across our star system.
    To confirm this story, I first talked to the late Emperor’s wife, Archduchess Marie de la Fayette. She confirmed the stress her husband was under resulting from the events of 2205. She told me that the Emperor thought his live was in danger and that that was the reason they had moved to Albion instead of the capital. She showed me pictures of the funeral pyre, these were the same pictures that circulated the dark web shortly after de Mérode’s death. All in all, the Archduchess’ testimony confirmed the official story.
    I then travelled to Albion to meet with his Holiness Pontifex Maximus J.T. Canisius. His Holiness confirmed the Archduchess’ story. He also told me about the crisis of faith our Emperor was in as a result of the Hollerzollen trial. We know our late Archduke was a very devout man, so a crisis of faith must have added to the stress he was already experiencing.
    I then requested to review official documents of the Navy and the IIA from the day our Emperor died. These documents included the Navy’s logs on ingoing and outgoing ships that day and the IIA’s case file on de Mérode. The ship logs confirmed that ten ships containing the Emperor’s ashes left Albion and that all ten returned later that day. The case file of the IIA further lined up with the official story on de Mérode’s death. I have added this file and a statement by the Director of the IIA to my report.
    The testimonies of the Pontifex and the Archduchess and the official documents I had gained access to, all confirm the official story. In addition, there were dozens of eye witnesses on the record who confirmed seeing the Emperor’s body being burned on the funeral pyre. There’s an official written statement by the doctor who pronounced the Emperor death. All these things confirm the official story, proving that the case can finally be put to rest.”

“Thank you Lady-Regent, I will now open the floor to questions.” The Count of Marqualle stands up. “Count, the floor is yours.”

Count de Marqualle:
    “Thank you Lord Speaker. Lady-Regent, during your excellent investigation, did you at any time encounter any irregularities?”

“I did not encounter any irregularities. The official story is founded by tons of evidence and there is no indication that foul play or tampering was at hand. I can say with 100% certainty that the Emperor died on that fateful day in 2206.”

Count de Marqualle:
    “Thank you Lady-Regent.” The Count goes to sit on his seat again, looking satisfied with the answers he got today. No other Lords stand up to question the Lady-Regent.

“As there are no more questions, we will move on to the next topic.”

As the Lord Speaker introduces a debate on some bill on wine exports, Lady-Regent Buenoparte gets up from her seat and leaves the House of Lords. She was glad that the Count de Marqualle finally dropped his suspicions. She was glad no-one asked her about what else she had found, because she knew with a 100% certainty that the official story was made up to cover something up. She had held material evidence in her hands that the Emperor’s ashes were in fact cow’s ashes. But only she knew that, only she had found that out. And she intended on keeping it for herself.

Last edited:
    People's Assembly Coalition Government of 2210
  • skagerakk

Kaiser
    66 Badges
    Jul 11, 2014
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris Sign-up
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Victoria 2
    H1AOIhfXZgQ_7uTT8p8gyXfehO7a_9ABOE9L-KQ9WwqaPBTfmq0OGOBVXb_JfAb7GVmh42f8XDJBbQTpDbL6dkMndir5_6VzhmIVS1WQFwp4D_pWJdqXBkSbtOT6rhRQ4Epms_qJ

People’s Assembly coalition announced

After the results have been announced VLG and the Voidcraft Guild have announced to renew their coalition with Samuel Hollerzollen as New Grandmagister. This puts the majority coalition in a comfortable position with 72.5% (290) of the seats in the Assembly.

FP4GyfkIsgzJLYX4Ao7FNL0-HV3jwSF_5gi2rNedxgZBzB-GUVzXVJffO4aIVedfMjECPEAZ8NMz_cswlSybC4VzSPbK1NdLaqceJwILvrt6KrKjg4eMBu1sBVa8D1iNqY8rqj_K

People's Assembly: Reformation of the Meiji Corporation Guild
  • skagerakk

Kaiser
    66 Badges
    Jul 11, 2014
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris Sign-up
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Victoria 2
    59Wuqs8NtAp1NjUv-ExrwPRacK6NJP2OlPBZlww4UXOgqvrR4zgJMtV9uPar13m5PqmDwZJahPslZW_W8eQwcg9-xAOSr66jZUucyUhG1OXze2YKFOT3pVGPBUSlTQXgITCKsh9f

The Reformation of the Meiji Corporation

Oryou Meiji has made the following speech, explaining, why the reformation of the Meiji corporation is necessary:

“We now declare ourselves the United Guilds for Democracy! Gone are the days of misrepresentation, gone is the oppression of nobility of old, and gone is the opaque and corrupt government which seeks power over the people’s will! Our new guild is a coalition that will listen to the worker and represent them until the day where your rule over your own destiny is so direct that this guild is no longer needed.

We hope to create a system where backroom deals and suppression as a tool of control is no longer possible by shadowy nobles who treat the position of emperor like a puppet, who throw their power around in secret agencies, and force their will upon you, the people, all while saying they have your best interests in mind.

We, the Guild, are held accountable by you, the people, in a way far more direct than any noble. We handle your needs and advise you on important matters and, when elections come around and the diet is due to meet, we bend to your whim and ensure your will is enacted on the world because /you/ are the world. You are the people, the Citizenry, the holy children of the gods of Vaeria. And we, the UGD, are at your service.”

zhWMT3tL4C4mkgGp5IovbUlJmeOob679YAvxBYv5JbUA0lMLEhZeeAQnMNO2-EApSrdC17ttAn29z5TVS0lcvH7qq9OChOwclNfg__-1-xC7vNzGTxnZyIOubLzn6iXe1EV8ayUG

This reformation, while at the moment only a change in name and logo, might indicate a change of policy for the future.

Event: The New Prophet (continuation of the Prafist attack event)
  • skagerakk

Kaiser
    66 Badges
    Jul 11, 2014
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris Sign-up
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Victoria 2
    nUZ_7y7m3-IMrvOyvG-CyetX8wuw5CW1nB7N6GXOo6-59ViWJi5rWdy3RhZpTVY5qnDs04_86ouCcygVhviTDYVMjAQk0Us1KYUPT8PkZ4PMMqEeY0BGZYZOnYL-AHsp_jS-GhCm

The new Prophet

Rumors are spreading in the Deep Web. A person calling himself the “New Prophet” is telling stories, that spread like wildfire. He tells about the Great War of Unification and the Empire’s atrocities. How the Prafist Purges and the Imperial war propaganda have distorted what Prafism is about and the he will tell the world the word of Praf.

He tells about “what really happened on April 5th at the ruins of the Great Temple of Praf, how he and his comrades have reclaimed the heritage of all Vostokians right under the Church's nose: The Original Book of Praf!

mIjAJABx5L9YmlKFl5U3vs9wH7Jk1WCJnKehyJqia_cOk_0lvLjhHPdV7yQvqEvjrU3xjfn8XC2jMDJMaUeL7NYR9iTPFBjBORAGAA2NE4-h63EhQw2NrzJAEgskZPBkMbgqBD7E

He continues, claiming that the supposed original sealed in the Archives of Albion, by the High Priests of Didecism, who fear the wrath of Praf is a fake, fabricated by the last High-Prafist Ivan Kolimovitch to protect the truth and the faith in Praf. He had hidden it underneath the Great Temple, where it rested, undisturbed and undiscovered by the foolish Children of Arius until he, the heir to Kolimovitch’s legacy, has reclaimed it.

He goes on how he and his “New Knights of Praf” will restore Prafism and lead Humanity into the foretold eternal new golden age, in which humanity will be unshackled by the tyranny of the Pontifex Maximus and his brainwashed lackeys.

Attached to this statement are segments of the Book of Praf, in which the Spirit of Praf preaches about kindness to the faithful and foretells an eternal golden age for humanity under his guidance.

d0ve3EnvWJB3--9uX65oJji7p_5XbVlAzVYdh6YM4Z_wk3A4i1PMwzoNPU4l0452KUs7ePuzC7sE6jXegpp10Dy4MKgJd2zm9MnEsIpyIO3cgYaw7FINZDEEzwi3POijdLUX5h22

“For the Glory of Praf!”

Newsflash: Olivia Canmoore found dead in prison
  • skagerakk

Kaiser
    66 Badges
    Jul 11, 2014
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris Sign-up
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Victoria 2
    Ery0nfoOMf9j0PV-ZLzKIEnITJrFMAYOVRVw4rTxrEHPwcR01s1647WAytvL-HaoIhEVRru9UjnNh4GY9tMqdGvFYxpoI2iX-wBlCkb6PWeIQVdIV20R2TVdlS_JR29fgTnGx24O

Olivia canmoore found dead in her cell

After being arrested for High Treason and Conspiracy to commit murder, Olivia canmoore has been found dead in her cell. She has stabbed herself with a makeshift knife and left a suicide video stating the following:

"I am Olivia. A Woman who wished to do good for the empire and yet in the process, I have failed in my own way. With Samuel Hollerzollen free from the charges I had leveled against him I felt immense guilt. In my will to do good for the empire I crossed the boundary of the law. I deserve the fate that would have come across me but I refuse to face the court. A Court of the very same people who claim I was the one who had shot the Honorable General. I Will not stand in front of a trial so that you may all be brainwashed into what they believe....No. I died here. And I will ask everyone outside."

"Judge for yourself."

How she obtained the knife and recorded and released the video remains a mystery, but IIA is investigating it.

Olivia canmoore was highly controversial and many voices say that Canmoore has robbed the Empire of its justice and call for some additional punishment to the Canmoore dynasty, as compensation for the suffering and horror Canmoore has forced upon the Empire.

For better or worse it seems the case Canmoore will remain important for quite some time as even after her suicide, Olivia Canmoore remains polarizing.

V_UgUCg-kUAE19PH7g1O0t0l_tVwcJbUGhjvr3xvBJ01sIWRvfQ_9wzkkaM-swqej2a9ehEcHvU3mXHE8DHjnUARe-UTRBusnFHUUaqovDY_f2D6ak-giVq-tGTQLfOsy8YhP9iI

Olivia Canmoore with her sword in her Archduchy of Shizra (ca. 2205)

Event: Welcome to Prafopolis (continuation of the Prafist attack)event
  • skagerakk

Kaiser
    66 Badges
    Jul 11, 2014
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris Sign-up
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Victoria 2
    This little short story is the continuation of the "Prafist attack" story line as far as the public is concerned ;)

Welcome to Prafopolis!

Sean has been member of the IIA spec ops division for ten years now. When his unit got mobilized to support an ongoing classified investigation, it was nothing uncommon. What was uncommon however was what they were tasked to do.

During his briefing he and his squad were told, that the culprits, responsible for the attack on the ruins of the Great Temple of Praf have been tracked to a canyon about 250 miles south of Al-Sharit, by closer inspection scanners found a massive underground complex underneath a cavern system which lies beneath the canyon. His squad has been chosen to lead an expedition down the cave system to find out what lies beneath.

When the expedition started it was nothing out of the ordinary, simple rocky caves, common in the deserts surrounding Al-Sharit, what however was not common was the massive underground city which they found at the end of the maze like caves!

WAYUIaJrMRaLJ8DIS-oM3L4o0XDrcHTv62AJ5f9sLTDqwPWAiGo4EtmIC_9pDjs1i0OEMK-XceDCxGvpiJDl-2rhq409pN65Fz4RXkmIu5odnhq4EQl5Qzva7cFEBgMY6zUrZ_VN

He was briefed, that the scans were inconclusive due to the mineral composition in the canyon, but how could they miss something big like this!

What is even more disturbing is that people live there. One of them spotted Sean’s squad as they emerged from the entrance and screamed something in vostokian, which Sean couldn’t understand. But several moments later he could guess what it meant, when several armed squadrons of soldiers appeared and started shooting at him and his comrades, while shouting: “за Зкфа!” (“For Praf!”)

“Retreat, formation Alpha-Nine!!!”, he shouted. His squad falling into a “V”-shaped formation as they moved backwards and returned fire. When they reached the entrance, through which they came, his squad covered him, as he put down some small explosive charges, normally supposed to be used to clear rubble, not create it.

“Fire in the hole!”, Sean screamed as he made his way to his comrades. The tunnels would shook as the charges did their work. “Let’s get back to the surface and inform HQ, they will need to know about this. It’s a city full of heretics!”

OOC: Encyclopaedia Vaeriana (compilation of info for users and readers)
  • skagerakk

Kaiser
    66 Badges
    Jul 11, 2014
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris Sign-up
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Victoria 2
    Ok, this is something for every person, which is only watching the events in the Holy Vaerian Empire unfold on the PDX Forum and not on our Discord server, where all of the Role-play is happening.

This is the Encyclopedia Vaeriana a collection of every short story every piece of legislation, every character biography and every noble family, guild, institution and company description made by our participants and us admins.

The perfect tool to keep you up to date on the developments of the Empire or to catch up on them!

Click on the picture below if you like to know more!

Thanks at @SibCDC for creating this!

Diet Session of 2210-2215
  • Sharkrat

Corporal
    83 Badges
    Aug 15, 2019
    • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
    • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
    • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
    • Steel Division: Normandy 44
    • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
    • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
    • Cities: Skylines Industries
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Cities: Skylines - Campus
    • Prison Architect
    • Stellaris
    • Europa Universalis III
    • Hearts of Iron III Collection
    • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
    • For the Motherland
    For the first time, the Diet came alive for the 2210-2215 Session. Unlike past session when no more that 2-3 bills were being debated, this cycle 9 bills were proposed and 6 of them were passed. This is most likely due in part to a few changes made to the system making the Diet much more fun and interactive
    Lets Move on to the bills.
    Bills Passed in the Imperial Diet of 2210 to 2215, as compiled by the Office of the Lady Speaker
    Didecist Workers Bill-
    Writer- Samuel H.
    Written in Assembly
    Supported by- VLG, Maria Von Friedenwald
    Description:This Bill is to Create the Didecist Arbeitskräfte Gewerkschaft (Didecist Workers Union, DWU) To Promote Workers Safety and Didecist Values in the Workplace. Vaerian Workers in the Union may seek help and Guidance from Priest and Other Officials who Run the Union. The Head of the Union or the princeps auctoritati (The Current Emperor) The Second Head of the Union shall be the Current Pontifex Maximus. Workers may Also ask the Union to help Improve Worker Conditions and Wages ( Any Illegal Activity done in the Union will be reported to the authorities) A chair of the Union shall Be Elected by the Union Member to be the head, It can be Anyone in the Union ( Who has a Good Legal Record of Course) Any Member of the Union may Lobby to a Member of the assembly to propose laws. In addition, they union get to appoint one non voting member of the Assembly to make their voice heard, but not take away from the democratic process. The Union will also have the power to collectively negotiate with companies to ensure fair treatment. The Budget of the Union shall be managed by the Emperor and the Pontifex Maximus."

This bill was opposed by the United Guild for Democracy, based on the grounds it would diminish the influence of the already established Guilds. It was also opposed by the Prince Law-Lord Von Blüchner, for reason unknown.

Parliamentary Privilege Amendment
    Writer: Lady Reg. Napolitana Buenoparte
    It is essential that the Members of the Imperial Diet, be it the elected officials in the Assembly or the nobility and clergy in the Estates Chamber, are free to speak their mind and vote on bills and legislation. To guarantee such a right of freedom of speech is paramount to the survival of our system, be it under threat of outside lobbying or the threat of legal action for speaking one's mind. This Amendment therefore proposes to add the following Article to the Constitution: "No member of either of the two Houses can be prosecuted or pursued with regard to opinions and votes given by him or her in the exercise of his or her duties as Member of the Imperial Diet. This means that the Members of the Diet cannot be arrested for statements made or acts undertaken as a Member of the Diet within the grounds of the Imperial Diet, on the condition that such statements or acts occur as part of a proceeding in the Diet. This Amendment does not extend immunity to Members of the Diet who try to abuse this right to break their oath of loyalty to the Emperor or the Empire, commit acts of murder or other violent criminal acts on the grounds of the Imperial Diet."

Opposed by no one it flew through its numerous readings.

New Freedom Amendment

Written by: Samuel H. of the Vaerian Liberal Guild (VLG)
    Sponsored by: Samuel Wallace,
    Proposed: Assembly
    Description: The Diet shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances of all Vaerians. The Government and Emperor of Vaeria will have to Guarantee the Rights of Freedom of speech free exercise thereof, and guarantee freedom of the press,and the rights for the people to peacefully assemble and petition the Government for a redress of Grievances.
    This bill will not protect:
    -Threats of any kind (The IAA will be permitted to Investigate Threats, But jokes shall not count as threats and a difference shall be made by the Instigator or an Investigator)
    -Religious Extremist and Heretics shall still be arrested for Treason (the Pontifex shall have authority over this part)
    -Violent Political Extremist will not be protected and shall be arrested Security Leaks from Classified sources shall still be arrestable offenses
    -The military shall still be able to give orders without Question and refusal may lead to Charges against you.
    -Must have a Permit That is Accepted by Local and Central Government to Protest

It passes through the Assembly with no contest from any party. However in the Estates Chamber it was opposed by
    High Priest Hermann Gelleboeling for reasons unknown

Primitive Observance Act-

Written by Samuel Hollerzollen
    Supporters- VLG,
    Proposed in the Assembly
    Description: The Primitive Observance Act wants the Building Ships to Expand to the Discida System and build an Observation post to Peacefully Observe The Primitive Locals and study their Culture.The Act will also Allow the Survey Corp to Build Additional Observation stations if More Primitive Worlds are found.

Ingame Effects- Build a Station in Discida System and Build an Observation Post set to Passive Observation on the Primitive Planet and Build Observation Post in General around Primitive Worlds.

Completely Unopposed, it flew the through the Diet

Imperial Wellness and Leisure Bill
    Written by Lillia Valois Draskar
    Proposed in the Estate Chamber
    Description: The Empire is seeing an age of unprecedented prosperity and growth, but it’s important that we also look after the people's emotional health. As our economy expands it’s only right that we also raise the living standards of our people, so that everyone can enjoy leisure activities once reserved only for the richest. In recent years there have been major innovations in holo-technology, and with the right funding large theater complexes could be built in every major city to help enrich the lives of our citizens. This bill proposes that funding be unlocked and plans drawn up to build these complexes over the next couple of years, as an investment in our people.

Ingame Effects (A Holo-Theatre is built as soon as our population grows to 30 Pop’s)

Solidification of Our Borders Or:

A Bill to Rectify our Uncertain Policies Pertaining to First Contact Protocol and Border Policies
    Written and Submitted by the United Guilds for Democracy in 2210

Preamble
    Our policies around border protection and first contact protocol are outdated and somewhat contradictory, clearly indicative of a time when we were not one planet and left unchanged. With the discovery of alien life, in the form of the Vivisandia of Discida, it is clear we must redefine our borders and what may be allowed through them.

Our current Open Borders policy should be abolished and made Closed Borders; we do not know the intentions of sentient species nor if they are deceptive as a Prafist or honest as a priest and, as such, we should only give Open Borders to those we come to trust. Our aggressive response to foreign beings is also setting us up for failure; we must study them first, understand their purpose, and perhaps even language long before we should fire a single shot. If these beings are sentient then they will be understanding in our desire to keep our borders closed and, if they are not, then they are animals that should be allowed to roam until we can find a better purpose for them (although be certain, they will never be allowed too close to civilized space should they be aggressive in nature).

In Action
    Naturally, changing our in-game policies around; Open Borders to Closed Borders and First Contact Protocol from Aggressive to Passive.

Bills the Failed to Pass in the 2210-2215 Diet

Reformation of the People’s Assembly

Or:
    The Institution of a Constitutional Amendment to Reform the Current Laws Regarding the Formation of a Proper Government in the Hopes of Representing the People Completely and Fairly

Written and Submitted by the United Guilds for Democracy in 2210

Preamble
    This bill acts in conjunction to the Meiji Corporation’s article called, “The Worries,” which outlines their, and their constituents, belief that two major constitutional ideals keep the Citizenry from being properly represented within the current Imperial Diet.
    This amendment to the constitution is in regards to the former of the two and hopes to achieve most of the goals laid out whilst also leaving room for compromise and change later down the line.
    The purpose of this particular bill is to ensure proper representation of smaller parties and minority groups within the People’s Assembly. The current law, which demands the creation of a coalition which encompasses the majority of the chamber’s population, is an affront to this goal and must be amended to ensure that all voices are heard equally rather than suppressed by the tyranny of the majority.

In Action
    The constitution shall be amended to remove the need for a majority coalition, instead replaced with a necessary oath to be taken by all Assembly members during the first gathering and one additional to be made in witness of the Emperor, as done by all party leaders. Parties may still form informal coalitions as they please, this bill is not proposed to restrict political alliances.
    This bill will also ensure that, should no majority coalition be formed, that the government may still function. This is to fix a mistake made in the constitution that makes the majority coalition rule, in and of itself, unconstitutional due to the breach of three clauses, within our Imperial Constitution, underneath the section pertaining to the representation of the citizenry:
    1.The citizenry has the right to elect representatives at their local noblemen and at the Imperial Court to aid their lieges in the process of governing.
    2.The representatives of the citizenry have the right to be heard in the legislative process.
    3.The representatives of the citizenry have the right to propose laws to the Imperial Diet.

Should this majority coalition rule stay in place, the constitution itself will be shown to be nothing more than a piece of paper with a series of wise advice, rather than an actual governing body of our land.
    In regards to the Grand Magister position, it shall be decided by the plurality rather than any coalition until further notice.
    Sum of All Changes
    Edits:
    What must be edited in order for the proposed amendment to work:
    Part IV, Section “Grand Magister,” Preamble shall be edited to properly represent the new system:
    “After each election a Grand Magister is chosen by the party with the highest number of members; the plurality party. If no single Guild can secure a total majority coalition must be built to obtain it. This coalition may then put forward one of its members as Grand Magister. The Grand Magister is the voice of the people and has therefore special privileges.”
    The Bill was widely opposed in the Chamber and the Assembly, only the United Guild for Democracy voted in favor it in the Assembly and Lady Reg. Napolitana Buenoparte in the Estates Supported it

Xeno Research Initiative
    Written by: Void Craft Guild
    Assembly
    Our scientific exploration teams have encountered several potentially space capable entities. Beyond a few preliminary reports our Civil, Military and Spiritual leaders have no viable intelligence with which to make informed policy. To solve this problem, this bill will allocate funds to provide for grants to further research these space capable entities and make the research available to our leaders.
    in game effects:
    We start research the unknown aliens to make them know. Prioritized by the person doing the play through

The Surprise of the night, the bill sailed through the assembly, but in the Chamber it was blocked
    Prince Law-Lord von Blüchner who opposed the bill, his arguments convince the chamber to vote the bill down.

Economic Growth Initiative 3
    Writer- Samuel Hollerzollen (VLG)
    Supporters- VLG,
    Description - The empire Of Vaeria is Expanding and so will its people and their needs.
    To fulfill these needs we need to help business with producing goods for our citizens.
    We should build more consumer goods factories to fulfill these needs and keep our citizens happy.
    To do this we should give out tax Incentives.
    1.Offer tax incentives of 5% for 15 years to companies who are expanding or developing mining operations. (5% as their already getting incentives)
    2. Offer tax incentives of 10 % for 15 years to companies who are expanding or developing Civilian Industries
    3. Offer more Tax Incentives of 15% for 15 years for companies increasing Energy Production
    Ingame effects- Build one consumer goods factory to increase Production,
    Enough mineral production to maintain at least a monthly surplus of 40 minerals. Also attempt to maintain an energy surplus of at least 15. (Use amenities planetary edict

Riding the popular support that got Economic Growth Initiative 1 and 2 passed, Samuel Hollerzollen hoped that this bill would pass with flying colors as well. However he quickly ran into a roadblock when the Lady Speaker let the Chief Coordinator of the Surveyor Corps give a brief statement regarding bill. The Chief Coordinator had already made his displeasure known in a few interviews when the bill was announced. Due to pressure from the Opposition and the Chief Coordinator, the bill was withdrawn before the Coordinator was able to speak. But with permission from the Lady Speaker, who also voice a little opposition Chief Coordinator David Dotson gave this statement on the floor

Chief Coordinator Dotson
    “That would be correct and well I came all the way down here to spark debate over the outrageous Economic Initiative 3 bill but it seems that the VLG has simply chickened out after I sent word to the assembly. None-the-less I have made the trip down here and would like to urge the assembly to pay more attention to the bills it writes. As someone who has to follow the will of these bills I do not want to see the Empire in shambles because politicians don’t pay attention to their actions.” Dotson would glare at the VLG section of the assembly

(Hollerzollen was given the opportunity to reply the statement)

Grandmagister Hollerzollen
    “I withdrawed the bill as I saw what was wrong with the bill and saw that it would of lead to a downfall of the economy, wanting to fix a mistake is NOT chickening out as I saw what some of the economic experts said and I listened to them and stopped the bill,I listened to some Opinions and I agree it was a bad idea and not thought of very well”

“I thank you for your concerns Mr Dotson”

(Dotson quickly replied)

Chief Coordinator Dotson
    "Ah yes I’m sure you and your ‘economic advisors’ had a nice chat here in the assembly halls on my way here. Perhaps next time you can consult these advisors prior to making an entire bill. Consider the future of the Empire when making bills and how you will effect the lives of our people, next time you’re sitting in your office Grandmagister. I would urge your party and all parties of the assembly to remember that.” (Muttering under his breath he comments how ridiculous it is that the VLG even has power). “I have voiced my concerns Lady Speaker, and I hope the assembly has learned something from this mistake of the VLG.”

(He would move to gallery after this)

There would be no more responses after this, but the Grandmagister did give a sharp glare to the Chief Coordinator and Meiji of the UGD laughed at the scene

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is all for the 2210-2215 Diet, hopefully a sign of what is come, a preview for the gameplay to come:
    "Attention all you fantastic little chaos monkeys! Its time the empire picks its first ASCENSION PERK!"
    -Wzard

Gameplay Report of 2211-2215
  • Mr. Wiz

Sergeant
    72 Badges
    Nov 4, 2018
    • Battle for Bosporus
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Surviving Mars
    • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
    • Stellaris
    • Victoria 2
    • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
    • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
    Es-t3ujTCfFQPE94jTCSDBSUl0HeeSP0LAfvzc_3IJTiKeo6Nh2h_gyK0sihBxeqAYy9G-2Kbv80AfB22-7VD0lwX6Tym7oEh1rMCPdbvXvSKfkEEyJzTuTc7JnvQ2nff0cGXUYK

Imperial Survey Corps Report
    Years 2211-2215

Chief Coordinator Dotson

New Imperial Policies

As per the Solidification of Our Borders Act, the Empire has decided to keep our borders clear of potentially dangerous aliens. Imperial Space is now closed to any and all unknown space craft that could be a danger to the Empire. Also, in the event that we should come into contact with aliens with a higher degree of intelligence, we shall approach them peacefully rather than with aggression.
    S1VV-4H6-GJVG5xZ7AMLtV-6BdM_mPf9gv_a4RPlPcpeIdfarfiChEfnIBHuk7XRHrvhDzj7-vpxMyqV9nhXFVn1uP2nTBXk5Ng8TtymXS8YoednF1qbq9NjM87jydt8JW4dcf3N

News on Scientific Advancements
    The Imperial Laboratories continue to advance our glorious Empire, through new technological breakthroughs! Here are the new technologies at the disposal of our nation.
    NfEVvELF471LYg_4_lg4e3sAcWLWlWPDjB__uNMT_Q2vQRBfQ6Al3SyGsLVZyFwqubzt5eNDQJbVghOFHXgLQDR0gat85N-kjloemX44T70jhdda1hJzh1FxHCEqPOJKE__6R5zD
    niwpFPpJ3Cjd3_ql9lG4qajGJPQ5zVXOu8ylhjDs6eA2INVjIVUf00EPpwD_IiZbDRUlV4DjTxRdzwD8ChJZKI1vRoRQ2Y9zc8mTtmbMWJTkZ0jzt2z3SSgZUNLZQz8zMH2xcAfe
    G08ke8fs4aQ8AaKks6ZLZbvE-BFR9lfqf1jSmoJzAizkf8iG3gDVIoufwA-1DPZfvS5LTZ5PUyqCDxTuDPdr55E2AT4UVPtwXx2JbDNAXN_mP2EJzoO1y1FMiFvqxUeMBF5MaIet
    0VnSVHY49LmSCMdBQFazkopcZZRtnceYQzmdXmk8v9NbV7rjEWZOLyD-MXBszh9iuh2qpdBAVEB3y7SuDmvHgOo6aZINHie0TXjAUNDR_JxKhIUTRYYcQ1fDshGS5KiHvfcmzlI5

A New Age of Space Travel
    A bill proposed by Emperor Fionn himself has granted space travel to civilian and commercial use which has brought upon a new wave of excitement among both the nobility and the common folk. New businesses and private explorers have set out to take advantage of the stars! Once the proper permits have been acquired from the Survey Corps, everyone is allowed to explore the stars within Imperial Space. A list of planets and systems that are considered dangerous has been posted and are off limits to anyone who is not Survey Corps Personnel. Everyone is encouraged to explore and profit off the stars, nobles and rich guilds have already started bidding on new lands and space zones.
    FKAES7C6j4QLWaAX6uiGI1VCrQsQz3FaPIYQHyrkJ7CuxH39K3otmkUMEh3omFHh7UMO6nF8Uy01YtjB19UflsjH0_SSy2NvlIgXqv9WWT1uSsV1GtOaV-4pvHNY-04vQFQfjZV_

(One of the new businesses that seeks to launch a cruise-ship into the stars this 2217)

The Crashed Starship
    U4ysPDChPA-OLETLrohwU76UGu91c2SCew0RIYyE4fZCHnTvN6mtEtpuny2MTzITHPFXdrUNxhYNL8jucCzUxpiAQ9DwhH-7SRH1nUvJfAiWlGTnBnEQOZOWtOVnJUDElhvdQX17

Captain Kruger has reported in the log of the crashed alien ship in the Takhvan System.

"The Fortress"
    Thanks to our increased senor range a disaster was prevented in the Bitrius System, Captain Goto noticed something explainable on the sensor screen. The object is massive and foreign, scans show clear signs of active high tech weapon systems but the sheet number of them makes it impossible to determine the strength of the object. Captain Goto simply called it, "The Fortress".
    _R-DVNonROjd46vF7f71uJCChPOEflpYo_zYerHdCul1dsSme_Isk7KjliqhwjRuWVWo6FlYV7_7DOu4KlGvIAlgtHQtg8pWgdwWWheLL2XzUf2A_ZzjZYY7yRooaGpk3p-9Yi9-

The Survey Corps Security Task Force
    With all the threats the Empire is encountering in space, the Survey Corps has created its very own task force in order to better defend its personnel aboard science vessels and out post stations. Thanks to Stockwell Arms, the men and women in this task force are equipped with zero-g armored suits and pressurized rifles loaded with armor piercing rounds. While these troops won't stand up against massive ships they are able to fend off smaller threats to the crews as well as protect explorers on unknown worlds. Some have even been stationed with the colonist of Takhvan Prime to help ensure the colonists' safety.
    QKdc1yP1cnDIbBrFTalrmQwYGwnHpALFpxIv9wCVPqzB9-XFw9BUwm6Y_nT1x528kNSN1ENOnT2D3yOrbRqSloVKB4fg71VxgjooRBo4QsToym8RsD8IgWWWjrYQL63ZVXiI3tem

(Images of the Task Force testing their suits on the Jondus IX Frozen Planet)

Update on Takhvan Prime
    The Colony Ship is all settled down and the colonist have exited cryo-sleep, Takhvan Prime is ready to begin serving the Empire! The new colony is a hub of people staking their claims hoping to make it rich on this new planet. We are sure to see a new wave of success for the people of the Empire.
    hsw6TOa488vJ3AbNtJ_hbApOU2OGxLK4u98qhiyhNaZSuHcskHe05rhrbLuJsy4V-P_sBiPRyA0IDF6-H7BBOBx01MTUATP8QjDxVqGYAS71PRxamovnnA2dUkF6qNzVEFVQcNGt

xmu3ri2kX91hLMmylWprnzn2ylZ22Ax6Jt6vYA9OW6l2smNEHuZoYQLiwrDVQQOFXMQm18Xhj0tcQSnUSrYaxgkMhCNF0kLJVonqLULi40wK4207ovgOSU6eFWapu7ZijvFLTO6N

New Ideas of Foundation
    The Foundation Tradition that the Empire has been steadily progressing on is finally complete! The plans of the central government are sure to benefit the Empire. A small expansion of our Imperial Navy capacity has occurred as well as how many districts can be established on our worlds. A glorious choice was made with foundation.
    0p-Asb4mmSSx2yEQ1eq0pDbeH9d53Gn89t1efgc9foNehnJLy4wa10hJautAUB9dg_gmTNDv9_52nPc0fk6MjBr-k4VkaCIRAvUe-SEWB9zUwxhL_rMH8XHI7RxclBwc-6F-Mz6H
    MW3Wf5e1SkSH5Nx4lNgCL1zOQEae83GyIiQXcznSgUr8HgsNxAvgj2nAhAHySQIM5vPr0H47TroaR-B-4P8uS3aiEXSfZDz9cMd4OLjZEhwXmIGX7Ba1icfs5CPvH-0XV01WLg1L

rNV2uPLmFOOJD3zNqA2Ef3YSvkb43MpbJyZSSGtPnPQaUlEXxIybCOsR1ZgQ4yJmH3dFExmM8lRqS1lT_6DkFuy9Emf-i3oTaVUDGN1JFFWv98mbKiLoRsDUV0ow7GLv7sDgVEnQ

Comet Sighted Passing the Hecor System
    A sign from the gods has been seen at the end of 2215! A comet being called Arius's Blessing passed our home system on 11.25.2215. The comet is widely believed to be a sign that we are on the path to a glorious and successful future out in the stars, and that the gods are watching over us in the unknown.
    EFeHbHd3BCiRRxrHJ1qBi3pz5YriY3GYKPPPl98UPx5odsboflKmt9Qr4Ne1OgFS5KGAq83dkDrPiMaZBQoM7OQamKL6OPAI-5fe4QBPeHvN7ZB2XzM1cWQaSrXKN4IwEkPhdbz1

Imperial Reserves as of 01.01.2216
    -fxgcwnt7YnJgtqhTqyUoUcCC-7wzJ1AoPNQgBnc6Lin7hX3Q6BM3loldxlSBAwZi1v97bDoOnaasIYSLGjV-eeeqis6CNhL3DEQNlIKb8v9Lr9Cn3pW5BzXVp-GDKYgtX5JAIMf

Imperial Borders
    YzGTGMDWzbBT6y3zGOjZrkNMM3sjY3HB04OE2K1fKOlnrZ0hRCZPuw0t65Nnqy1kcrcO6u6TSMu9eboePg3SeCEWuwOkBS75amhkCya1z5WpReU89ffpxrejgpAd8PP5YxKIOCiv

Short Story: Thunder in a Clear Sky
  • SibCDC

Mayor of Königsberg
    27 Badges
    Nov 4, 2015
    www.youtube.com
    • Prison Architect
    • Imperator: Rome
    • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
    • Victoria 2
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris
    This story acts as a sort of follow up to several story lines currently going on in the Empire.

Thunder in a Clear Sky

2211.5.11 1:30 PM. Arcadié, Place de la Constitution.

The streets of Arcadié were filled with people. Red, white and blue flags could be seen everywhere, hanging from the windows of apartment buildings or being waved in the air by enthusiastic citizens. The air smelled like Arcadian fries, sugar-coated waffles and chocolate. Carousels and ferris wheels dotted the city’s streets and children’s laughter could be heard everywhere. The elderly had left their houses to get a glimpse of the notable guests, while the young had come out to enjoy some beer or wine. The city’s council and the Archduchy’s local government had spared no expense to celebrate the 450th anniversary of rule under the House de Mérode. The highlight of the festivities were of course the air show provided by the Imperial Navy and the Arcadian Aeronautic Academy, the unveiling of the statue of Carolus de Mérode and the blessing of His Holiness the Pontifex Maximus himself.

G8BpyQp.jpg

The air show went entirely according to plan. The fighter jets which were provided by Head Admiral Oppenheimer were joined by training crafts of the Aeronautic Academy and gave the Arcadian people a taste of their skills, performing several manoeuvres to show the Empire that the best pilots do indeed come from Arcadié. After the air show was over, the people were treated with a theatre piece on the Place de la Constitution, depicting the history of the Archduchy. The piece ended with the coronation of Tacchius de Mérode, the first of his House to hold the title of Archduke of Arcadié. Under a thunderous applause, the actors left the stage and a slender figure replaced them. When the cameras zoomed in on the figure, the face of Lady-Regent Napolitana Buenoparte appeared on screens all over the city. Soon, her soft voice filled the air of Arcadié.

“Mes chers compatriotes, Arcadians abroad and at home. I stand before you today as your Lady-Regent, not in a time of mourning, but in a time of hope and celebration. Even though our dear Archduke has not been here with us for five years now already, his spirit still lives on in each one of us, from the poorest beggar to the richest investor. In his spirit, and in those of his ancestors, we celebrate a great occasion today. Today marks the 450th anniversary of rule by the House de Mérode. For over four centuries, de Mérodes have guided Arcadié to the place it is today; a place where every voice counts, a place where the nobility cooperates with the commonry on equal footing and a place which acts like a beacon for liberty on Vaeria. The late Emperor was always proud of his roots and carried them with him in every action he took. Despite the headwind he often received, Carolus de Mérode stood firmly by his values, for that he will be remembered.
    Our Empire has changed a lot since we lost our Archduke. Even our Archduchy is not immune to this change. Feelings of fear are increasingly common amongst even the noblest of men. Let me just say one thing, for as long as Arcadié holds true to its history, we do not have to fear anything. Our strength lays in our ability as a people to agree on so many fundamental things. It is not a coincidence that we stand here today on the Place de la Constitution. Our common values are enshrined in the Constitution, our rights are guaranteed by it. It is the single most important collection of words and sentences ever to be created by the minds of men. We ought to protect it with our lives, just like we ought to protect the Emperor and the Empire with our lives. It is why I chant these words. L’union fait la force! Vive l’Arcadié, vive de Mérode, vive l’Empereur et vive l’Empire!”

After the Lady-Regent’s speech, the people repeated after her. “Vive l’Arcadié” “Vive de Mérode” “ Vive l’Empereur” and some even chanted “Vive Napolitana”. The Lady-Regent and some other important Arcadian political figures descended from the stage and headed to the military convoy which was waiting on them. Guided by the Arcadian Gendarmerie and their blue and white vehicles, the cutting-edge in police vehicle technology, the convoy made their way to the Cathédral d’Arise, where the Pontifex Maximus would lead a ceremony to enshrine Carolus de Mérode between his predecessors in the Cathédral.

2211.5.11 2:43 PM. Arcadié, Place de la Cathédrale.

f2Fwu6J.jpg

After the ceremony was over, the Pontifex, the Lady-Regent and the Archducal family came out of the Cathedral and greeted the people who awaited them there. Thousands of faces filled the square, each one of them displaying a similar emotion of joy and curiosity. To see the Pontifex Maximus in person was a rare occasion, so when the news was made public that His Holiness would give a public mass on the square, the people flocked to Arcadié from even the smallest of towns in the Archduchy. Farmers in blue jeans stood between lawyers in tailor-made suits. Loud-speakers had been mounted all over the square, and in fact much of the city, so that the Holy Man’s words were omnipresent. The Pontifex Maximus stood behind a lectern, with the Lady-Regent Buenoparte, Archduchess de la Fayette and her two children all behind him. The Pontifex Maximus cleared his throat and started speaking, his words echoing through the streets of Arcadié and being broadcasted to the rest of the Empire, millions of people, if not billions, hearing his sermon echo through their living rooms.

“We are here today on a marvelous occasion, to celebrate the 450th year of rule of the benevolent Mérode dynasty. The dynasty has lost a great member 5 years ago, which still saddens me and us till this day. Carolus de Mérode was a generous ruler, who had the unfortunate fate that he came across disgruntled nobles who could not cope with an Emperor that wanted to adapt to new times. Change is coming nonetheless and we must be sure to head towards the unknown safe and strong. The latest event in Al-Sharit has shown how volatile and unstable the Empire still is. We need to tackle these dangers to our society and extinguish them with holy fire, for when the fury of the Empire and the Church is unleashed, no-one can stand strong against it. The enemies who attack our way of life will be hunted down and defeated, just like the people responsible for Carolus de Mérode's bad health which led to his inevitable death. The Gods will it!”

While thunderous applause swept through the crowd below, Napolitana Buenoparte got a message on her phone. One of the guards on the outer perimeter had not made contact as scheduled. The Lady-Regent looked up and noticed a flash coming from one of the buildings on the square. She jumped up and yelled: “Sniper! Everybody get down!” She ran to the Pontifex, tackling him just as a shot could be heard in the distance. The crowd started to panic, the Gendarmerie’s horses pranced. Napolitana looked at her arm. She had been grazed by the bullet. “Get an armoured vehicle between the stage and the Metropolitan Hotel as quickly as possible”, she shouted to her guards. A child screamed. Napolitana looked over her shoulder, pain taking over her mind. The Archduchess had been hit in the chest, her eyes void of emotions. Another shot could be heard, a hole appearing on the wooden floor of the stage a meter away from the Pontifex’ head. An armoured vehicle pulled up and blocked the sniper’s sight on the stage. Children of Arius finally reached the Pontifex and escorted him back into the Cathédral. “Take them inside!”, Napolitana shouted at her guards while pointing at the Archduchess’ children. She took out her phone and pressed a number. “There has been a terrible attack, get your ships in the air and inform the Director of the IIA, he will know what to do.” Another shot, this time more confusion in the VIP-area. The sniper had shifted his attention to the guests who had come from all over the Empire. Another shot, another cry. Gunfire rang across the square, people now fleeing inside to avoid getting shot. More armoured vehicles arrived on the square, now almost empty. Sirens could be heard in the distance. As the shooting stopped, the Lady-Regent made her way to the VIP-stand to make sure her guests were alright. Both Arch-Chancellor Meiji and Duchess Draskar had been hit, while the sniper had missed the Head Admiral Oppenheimer and the Lady Speaker. Ambulances arrived from the sky and took the wounded to the nearest hospital. Not much later, the IIA arrived by dropships and took over the manhunt operation.

2211.5.11 10:34 PM. Arcadié, District 3.

tXSchoc.jpg

The festivities had ended on a down note. Instead of celebrating, Arcadié found itself mourning again. Five years ago they had lost their Archduke to a heart attack, now they had lost their Archduchess to a terrorist attack. Arcadia’s Defence Forces, locally known as the Gendarmerie, had scrambled their fleet and were now scanning the city for any sign of the attacker. Little was known about the shooter at this point. Local police had already established that the hotel room from which he shot at the Pontifex was registered under a fake name. The Director of the IIA and Lady-Regent Buenoparte arrived at the old hotel, where the shooter shot from, the Gendarmerie had secured the building and there was no sign of the shooter.

Lady Reg. Napolitana Buenoparte:
    "By my estimate, the shooter must have been on the fourth floor to be able to see us on the square."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Agreed, let's see if we can identify which room he used" They headed to the stairs, the owner of the motel not being of any help as most people here pay cash in advance.

"We have to call ourselves lucky that a bigger tragedy didn't happen."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "This alone is a tragedy I fear, was anybody killed? I fear I am not up to date on the reports as I rushed immediately here with all the Spec Ops on stand by" They walked to the 4th floor, finding many residents, looking curious as to why the police and IIA are here.

"I'm afraid our Archduchess was mortally wounded. She was killed by the first shot which was intended for the Pontifex. Arch-Chancellor Meiji and Duchess Draskar have both been hit and are currently in the hospital."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "That should not have happened! Who was responsible for the security precautions? Somebody should have cleared all the vantage point with a clear shot at the stage."

"The security was managed by a committee in our local Parliament. I had made sure to have several security perimeters and to have the location of the sermon unknown until today, but this shooter must've known somehow."

One of the local Gendarmes turned to the Lady-Regent and said: "Milady, I think we got something, this gentleman just told me, the resident of room 405 has sprinted towards the roof as we arrived."

The Lady-Regent and the Director made their way to room 405. In the room they found only a large briefcase, large enough for a sniper rifle and a Prafist totem on the ground next to the window.

"Director, are you familiar with this item?" The Archduchess asked the Director while pointing at the totem.

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "I haven't seen one of those in a long time, in the history classes back in the Academy they told us about these. This is a totem of Praf, supposedly giving good luck and fortune to its wielder. The Knights of Praf possessed these as a sort of dog tag during the War of Unification."

"This is worrying. If this was indeed a Prafist, this means they have managed to get one of their heretics on our continent!"

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "My agency has been tracking online traffick for the past months, they speak about a New Prophet and the New Knight of Praf. They mentioned violence multiple times. "To rid the World of Didecist tyranny" they say. Worrying if they have actual marksman, capable of such feats as today amongst them"

"Are we speaking about military graded training here?"

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "I don't think a civilian or hunter could've hit from this distance..." The Director got a comm from one of the Agents that searched the alleys around the hotel: "Sir, we found a Stockwell Arms sniper rifle, top of the line in one of the back alleys" He proceeded to send his exact coordinates.
    "Let's head there, milady." The Director said.

"Director, I suggest we get a forensics team in this room as quickly as possible. We have a mobile lab that can get here in a matter of minutes. I say we call them in while we head to that alley."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Agreed, I will have one of my agents run supervision and send the samples to HQ, we got the better lab there"

"Understood." The Lady-Regents calls in a forensics team and follows the Director to the alley.

In the alley they found the Agent holding the rifle, from the looks of it it was dropped from a high place, probably the roof. The Agent said: "Sirs, we were unable to identify the entire Serial Number, they used acid to get rid of it, all we have is a partial set, whatever the number, it ended with '-954COA75’."
    The director then called John Stockwell.

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Mr. Stockwell, I know you're in the air, but can you trace one of your rifles with a partial serial number?"

John Stockwell:
    “Why the hell would you need me to trace a rifle?”

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "We found the sniper rifle the shooter probably used in a back alley, he used acid to remove part of the serial number. Mr. Stockwell the rifle is one of yours."

John Stockwell:
    “How the…” He looked at Tobias sitting next to him. “Trace a serial number.” Tobias nods and grabs a laptop. “What is it Director?”

"Ask him to check military databases first. If this is indeed someone from the Army, we need to inform my Gendarmes on the ground as quickly as possible so that they know who they're dealing with."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "What should we check the Military Database even for? All we have is the description of my agents brought us from the guy who rented room 405, no surveillance in this place unfortunately. The Description is, White about 180 cm large, brown hair. It's not much to go by." The Director then spoke to Stockwell again. "The last digits are '-954COA75', can you track the rifle over that?"

"Check in the military databases for guns with serial numbers ending in the last digits."

On the other side of the call, the tapping of keys on a laptop could be heard. John looked at tobias who nodded and said: “We have a trace.” Stockwell then got back to the Director on the phone.

John Stockwell:
    “Director we have a trace.”

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Yes Mr. Stockwell?"

John Stockwell:
    “We need to know, how much of the rifle was left?”

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Mr. Stockwell, we cannot return it, it is evidence. But it might malfunction, we suppose it was dropped from the roof during the shooter's escape. I wouldn't use it."

John Stockwell:
    “Right, we have a trace though, it was meant for the Children of Arius in our last shipment.”

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Thank you Grandmagister. I will try to reach the Pontifex, to see if he can tell me where the gun went to, if it ever reached its destination."

John Stockwell:
    “Listen, I’m returning, I can have a team of my people to try and examine the rifle.”

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Mr. Stockwell, we got it covered, it will go to IIA HQ with the rest of the evidence, I will call you if we need anything else, thank you for your service." He hanged up.

"That doesn't make sense. If the sniper came from the Children of Arius, he could have just as well killed the Pontifex in his sleep. Something must have gone wrong with the shipment."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Agreed Lady Regent, something must have gone wrong, I can't imagine the Children of Arius doing something like this. Maybe the Pontifex can shed some light on this, though I already have a suspicion... For now let us try to trace the steps our shooter took, as it seems he took the stairs to the roofs above, dumped the rifle to move faster. At some point he'd use ladder or some stairs to reach another back alley and join the panicked mob on the street from there.... I don't think we can find him without a picture. Can you have one of your people draw the description the owner of the motel gave us?"

"As a matter of fact, Arcadié uses AI to draw descriptions people give us. It takes away the suggestive part that human drawers can sometimes have on witnesses."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Alright, get somebody with an Interface here asap."

The Lady-Speaker said something in her phone and one of the forensics walked up to them with a funny looking handheld device. "This device will record the description the witness will give us and draw an image based on that." The forensic explained. They brought it to the witness, he started describing… After a mere seconds, the device produced a picture from the description.

AxMiOxg.png

"Pretty neat thing, isn't it? Should we get this image to the media or not?"

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "I will get it out there." He then opened a comm to HQ, talking about something like getting Oversight on board, to ID this man.

"In the meantime, I will forward this image to my Gendarmes on the street and tell them to look out for this man."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Alright, let's get to the local police station and coordinate the roadblocks from there. My Agents and your gendarms will do the clean up here and join us later."

"Understood. I suspect that traffic on all exit roads have already grinded to a halt."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "Maybe the traffic cams picked something up, can you put them through to IIA HQ, so my guys can have a look at them? Though I doubt we'll have success there, this shooter was a professional, probably with inside information by the looks of it. I don't think we catch him easily." The Director grumbled on their way to the Dropship, which took them to the HQ of Arcadié’s Gendarmerie.

"I will have the traffic cams linked to IIA HQ, although the IIA probably already has access to them. The shooter was indeed prepared, catching him will be a difficult task. But with the combined effort of the Arcadian Gendarmerie and the IIA, I hope we catch him soon."

Director Gerald Jäger:
    "As do I, as do I..... we should get a coffee at the Police department, I have the feeling it's gonna be a long night...."

"I fear so. Luckily we have some good coffee machines. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make a phone call to make sure the Archduchess' children are okay."

The Director nods and leaves the Lady Regent some privacy to make the call, he'd check on the pilots in the meantime. As the dropship continued on its way to the HQ, the Lady Regent was informed about the safety of the Archducal children. She could only hope that the sniper was caught soon.

2211.5.14 8:11 AM. Unknown Location, Monastery of Arius.

x2MOGz1.jpg

Unaware of what happened hundreds of lightyears away, Carolus de Mérode got out of his bed and looked out on his balcony, admiring the temple the natives had built since he had crashed on their planet. Every morning he was reminded of the time he first set eyes on this planet, its red hue reminding him of the wine he used to cultivate back home. This planet was very different from Vaeria, however. While superhabitable, its soil did not allow for the cultivation of wine. Its people, the Groknaplora, were far behind on Vaeria’s technological level, even though they had mastered the ability to turn steam into electrical power. Militarist in nature, they had distrusted de Mérode when he first made contact with them. But over time, when some members of their clergy learned to speak Arcadian and taught de Mérode to speak their local language, the natives began to trust Carolus and the knowledge he had brought with him. After five years, he had finally managed to convert some of them to Didecism and set up a local branch of the Church in the planet’s capital. In the meantime, he had inspired local rulers to begin the process of unifying the planet’s many different nations. A global assembly consisting of elected officials had been founded already. While de Mérode’s ship might be irreparably damaged, the technology contained within it will certainly help the Groknaplora advance into the next stage of civilization within the next few decades.

To be continued...

The Albion Post - Order Restored, Heretics defeated
  • skagerakk

Kaiser
    66 Badges
    Jul 11, 2014
    • Crusader Kings II
    • Stellaris Sign-up
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Victoria 2
    nHFudedUkzodnr99UJtOk0dDchZpESkBnRsnqGSacmHTfIlePuFxb0mQaul7D_qg4k-r-D6FMtT2f9fuKJtsIbbRiLJs7N4KwgOXELK143KQNubtioha47Cs-9T0kK2rGRuGylr2

Order restored - Heretics defeated

The Prafist threat is finally over. After their last retreat, Prafopolis, was found, Prafist insurgents started attacking the Empire all over Vaeria. Starting with the shooting in Arcadié and culminating with this week’s horrific attacks on several major cities within the Empire. In the afternoon Prafist terrorists detonated bombs and started shootouts with local law enforcement in major cities worldwide in an seemingly last ditch effort, but ultimately futile, attempt to destroy the Holy Vaerian Empire.
    5YFpsw4KYkLaoPKFQl4L6Ty9yI6VquAH7hlrIIWGoEof7By3wDkZu3TR0KNHsDufQ9B0XZyt1T2GB19yXdz38eVo4rYFska3rg3OB1LFLp5IAeC1Jtg51UXV01DmrZ3Y1fk5_DQG

Arch-Marshall Drakkus reacted by mobilizing the Imperial Armed Forces and enacting martial law in order to get the situation under control.

The Imperial Intelligence Agency also mobilized their assets in order to support local police wherever needed.

While this was happening all over Vaeria Emperor Fionn ‘Gallowglas’ Ó Leannáin recognized the opportunity and ordered Director Jäger of the IIA to use his assets and the Vostokian Garrison to conquer Prafopolis, while all their fighters are out creating mayhem.

Overnight Imperial forces captured the Prafist stronghold, killed any combatants and arrested the other heretics. They are now waiting for the Emperor and the Pontifex Maximus for judgement.

When daybreak came the horror was over, most Prafist attackers either killed or arrested and their city in Imperial hands. The death toll is in the ten thousands, but the Empire has defeated their greatest threat that has haunted it for centuries. Many are therefore calling Emperor Fionn “Slayer of Praf” as an honorific title, as through his swift action the situation was able to be transformed in a victory! Many are also calling for a renaming of Prafopolis into “Gallowton”, to honor their great Emperor and to transform the once heretic stronghold into a shining beacon for Imperial supremacy.

However many of the Prafists have probably escaped capture, including the shooter of Arcadié, who is still on the run.Others might even have been able to flee into space, as the Interstellar Survey corps admitted to have lost contact to two stealth transporters during the chaos, which no wreckage to be found on Vaeria.

IIA now states that with the crisis over, it is time for order to return to the Empire and is ordering all citizen militias to disperse immediately.

In other news: After the recent attacks the Didecist church is reporting record numbers in their masses. Due to the religious motivation the citizenry has seemingly rediscovered its faith in the twelve gods, which helped to build our great Empire!

Report of the Diet of 2215-2220 (part 1)
  • Sharkrat

Corporal
    83 Badges
    Aug 15, 2019
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Prison Architect
    • Stellaris
    • Europa Universalis III
    • For the Motherland
    If the Diet of 2210-2215 was lively, it is nothing compared to the most current session of 2215-2220. In this session 12 bills were on the table, and 1 bill quickly became the most contested in all of the IAAR. Out of the 13 bills proposed, 11 bills were passed.
    Bills Passed in the Imperial Diet of 2215-2220, as compiled by the Office of the Lady Speaker
    Bill for a Power Plant on Takhvan Prime
    Writer: Wilhelm IV von Blüchner
    The first step of self sufficient colonies is getting the infrastructure to work. Building a power plant would secure a steady energy production for Takhvan Prime and we could focus our surplus on new projects . The power plant will be designed by our physic scientist and The Duke von Blüchner family will fund 100 percent of the IMK needed to build. The State will invite tenders for the construction of said power plant. The Power plant should be known as the Erwin Schweppe Power plant. As the Blüchner Family provides the funding for said project they would manage the facility.
    In Game effect: building a generator district on Takhvan Prime

This bill was supported by all groups in the Diet, and it was passed with no opposition

New Academia Foundation Bill
    Or: A Bill that Seeks to Lay the Groundwork for Intense Education Reforms, Including the Raising of Educational Standards, Opening of Opportunities, and Encouragement for Continued Education
    Written and Submitted by the United Guilds for Democracy in 2216
    "Preamble Our nation finds itself past the circumference of our knowledge, and every day with every anomaly surveyed, every planet discovered, and species found, we expand it at such an incredible rate that our Citizenry is failing to keep up, causing an intense slowing of our development in all sectors. The purpose of this bill is to put forward ideas, here called Sections, that will be enacted as our society’s educational realm expands and grows. The New Academia Foundation Bill itself is asking for an intense chunk of the budget to be given to the Department of Education that will allow them to act upon these orders, further expanded upon in later bills, to encourage our scientific growth and, in turn, the wellbeing of our citizens (especially as we grow into an increased age of automation)."
    In-Game Changes Adoption of the Academy tradition

There was some brief debate in the assembly in it, but the bill passed nonetheless

2211 Memorial Bill
    Written by Victor Epalia
    Supported by VLG
    Description- On the May 1st of Each Year after the year 2211 a day of Remembrance dedicated to the People that Lost there lives to the Prafist Terrorist. The Pontifex shall set up a ceremony how they see Fit to Remember the Vaerians that Died In the Events. A Monument in Höchstberg ,Haiwen, and Arcadié shall be built to Remember the People and the Archduchess that died in these Events.

The bill was passed without debate

Interstellar Dominion Act
    Written by Lady-Regent Napolitana Buenoparte
    Our place amongst the stars is assured and irrefutable, and the borders of our nation equally so. In order to properly rule our Empire, we must establish a system of Interstellar Dominion. This bill will therefore enact the following: Once a colony reaches a population of 5 pops, the Emperor will appoint a Vice-Roy. This Vice-Roy will act as the ruler of the colony in the Emperor's name and will answer to the Emperor and to the Imperial Diet.
    (Ingame effect: Choose Ascension Perk "Interstellar Dominion", if an ascension perk has already been chosen, this bill has no ingame effects)

Opposed by the Meiji Guild, the bill was however passed both houses

CNB- Written by Victor Epalia
    Supported by the VLG
    Description- The IPNB will seek to Name New Colonies Established by the Empire.
    The First 5 Planets shall be named
    1.Stockwell (For his Service during the Prafist Rebellion)
    2. New Vaeria (Generic as hell)
    3 Fionn ( Named after the Current Emperor)
    4. Carolingia
    5. Arcturus
    After these 5 Colonies shall be named by vote within the Imperial Diet and the Approval of the Emperor In Game Effects: Name First 4 colonies Respectively in order these Names

In the assembly the bill was opposed by the United Guild for Democracy, In the estates a motion for debate was brought to the floor and debate quickly began.

Duchess von Friedenswald
    "This bill, introduced by the VLG, has one section I have a few questions on, namely the naming of a planet after the late General Eden. As you all are aware, there are still members of that family still alive and well, will have a planet named after them. Are we to begin a traditions of naming planets after important familes? I am merely curious."

Grandmagister
    “Yes that is the entire point of the bill honorable lady”

Prince Law-Lord von Blüchner

"Why important family's and not figures of importance. I believe even commoners can have honor."

Grandmagister

“They are the most important families right now for recent service to the empire, like the emperors family, and I’m sure commoners will eventually get honored in the same way”

Representative of House Canmoore
    "For some I wish to ask the question, why the recent familes. And might I also ask, what has General Eden done to deserve this? I would say that the Von Kumerians, the founders of our empire would easily deserve to be on this list."

Grandmagister
    “Edens died for the late emperor Merode, and it is not only to honour him but his families service to the empire, since your representative of the family that killed him I say your responsible for putting him on that list!”

"You mean the same Eden who showed up at the gates of Shizra armed and without proof of orders?"

Lady Speaker
    Sit Down, Grandmagister!

Grandmagister
    “The emperor orders are not treason, you seem to forget that your families was punished” he said before sitting down

Duchess von Friedenswald
    "First of all, Grand Magister, that was extremely uncalled for and rude. I motion it be striken from the record. Secondly, I approve of the idea that we should honor distinct families with naming planets after them. Adding more names however, should wait until they are actually needed."

Grandmagister
    “The reason I gave such a harsh response is that they disrespected the family who’s member that died for the late emperor, I am sorry and i ask to keep it on record”

Lady Speaker
    The comment will be kept on record, but Duchess von Friedenswald will be given the chance to respond But first The Lady Regent!

Lady Reg. Napolitana Buenoparte
    "First of all, I apologize for arriving late to this session, there were matters in Arcadié which needed my attention. Second of all, I'd like to address the issue of whether or not we should vote on a bill that includes several names for future planets. I'd like to simply state that it is more time efficient for us to agree on a list now than to vote on a name each time we have a new colony. Although I'd have liked a more systematical approach to naming conventions, I believe this bill sets a good precedence for how our Empire should choose the names of its new settlements and colonies."(edited)

Duke John Stockwell
    ‘Mr Epalia, your comment was extremely rude, you cannot just throw things like that around, I approve of naming planets after families of distinction, as for the... reformation of the diet, why?’ he seems to have no emotion towards victor

Lady Speaker
    Duke Stockwell, retract the last phrase from your statement, that debate is not on the floor yet

Duke John Stockwell
    "Of course, one more thing, members of a family don’t reflect their families past mistakes’

"Two things your Honor. One. Might I ask where the proof is that Edens arrest was Legal and ordered by the emperor? Two. Naming an entire planet after General Eden, not his family. Is Ludicrious, what has his family done to deserve this and what has he done?
    For the same record why would we exclude the Kumerians? The founders of our empire. Or the Coltons? The ones who first oversaw our great programs. What makes Eden more important then them?"

Director Jäger

"Thank you Lady Speaker. May I present my take on this? i berlieve it is short sighted to name an entire planet after a family, which will continue to exist for maybe centuries to come. In the future there will be children born on "Eden" and if, for the sake of Argument, the Family of Eden would get caught up in a scandal, it would reflect on people living on Eden, even though neither they, nor the Family has any political ties to the other. I therefore propose a compromise, naming the Planet after the General "Arcturus" instead of the family, as the gneral is dead and should be honored for his deeds, the family however lives on."

"First of all, I'd like to answer to answer the question which is bugging the representative for the House of Canmoore. They inquire proof that Eden's order to arrest was indeed lawful and ordered by the Emperor himself. I would refer them to the official records of the IIA on the matter. Second of all, I must agree with Director Jäger regarding his comment. Though I fear that controversy is hard to avoid these days. I think it is more important now that we focus on more important matters than on naming conventions for planets hundreds of lightyears away."

Director Jäger
    "Thank you, I would just like to repeat my point, as I have taken a look on the updated naming bill, that I urge this chamber to refrain naming planets after entire families, but focus more on the individual, who it is supossed to honor. Thank you!"

The Estates Chamber however decided to pass the bill

The Emperor has also published 5 Royal Decrees

Reorganisation and reform of the empire
    Over the next few years, reform will take place across the empire these reforms will slowly be enacted and will be announced to all subjects. The first of these reforms is the combining of the survey and colonisation agencies into one called The Royal Colonial Office. The Royal Colonial Office will now be under the Arch-Chancellor. These reforms will be limited to adjusting current agencies and will not affect the current authority of all subjects
    (Reforms will be announced over the next few years. These reforms will be limited to adjusting agencies. The Survey corp is now changed to The Royal Colonial Office and is now under the arch-chancellor )

It passed without debate in either house, but it was opposed by the Vaerian Liberal Guild

United by faith
    With the Prafists now destroyed again it has shown us that they are not a dead religion the time is now for a new crusade to bring these people into the true faith let us unite under our gods. Faith in our gods needs to be strong again the last few years have shown that people have lost faith and direction let us all renew ourselves under our gods.
    (The next tradition tree to follow will be faith )

The bill was rejected by the Assembly, In fact the United Guilds for Democracy gave a statement regarding the bill.

ArchChancellor Meiji
    "In truth, as all of us here would agree, I've little issue with Didecism. I simply worry that this decree, so vague in its institution, will interrupt our desire, made clear through the success of the Academia Foundation Bill in this house, to push forward rational thought and education reform that aids our children in the real world."
    "I do not trust our more conservative school districts to not turn our schools into mass under the guise of simply following imperials orders. Obviously, this is not the purpose of the decree nor a goal of the emperors, but I know Vaeria and we know that the craving of power reaches every corner of our society and we cannot allow it to blossom because we are afraid. In times of crisis we need to reform and grow strong, not fall back onto old ways that work less and less as we learn more and more about the world and those around us. That is all. I will be accepting questions and rebuttables."

The Vaerian Liberal Guild and Voidcraft Guild declined to respond
    The Decree however did pass the Chamber

The Designated Heir

During the reign of the Coltons it was common to elect the next dynastic heir for the position of Emperor during the Imperial diet. This has been a tradition dating back for each great dynasty. To maintain a resemblance of this tradition the emperor will designate an heir. This heir will receive the endorsement of the Last Emperor when the elections for the next emperor take place during the imperial diet. This decree will be enacted this year 2217.

The bill was rejected in the assembly, The United Guild for Democracy gave a statement regarding the bill

ArchChancellor Meiji
    "In regards to the second, the Designated Heir decree, I ... also hope I'll be heard out by the Liberal Coaltion.The designation of an heir is a clear and present encroachment upon our choice, as citizens, as to who should lead us. While this designation gives nothing more than an endorsement, in action, it is clear that the nobility, and likely the Citizenry, will see it as so much more than that. Just by changing the official name you are promoting a culture where choice is taken from the people and into the hands of, essentially, a political dynasty in all but bloodline.
    If we allow this to pass we encourage more bills like it and more bills which give them power, at first only by name but later by power until, finally, we end up at some disgusting perversion of our current holy system, instead returning to the days of hereditary monarchy and a heavily enforced caste! Like I've said before, as we go into the heavens and learn bout about ourselves and the world around us, we need to not go back into the cave to look at shadows but look at reality and not only study in it but live in it! Effect it! Make change! This is not the priviledge of one but of us all. We are all Vaerians. That is all. I will accept and questions and/or debate."

The Vaerian Liberal Guild and Voidcraft Guild declined to respond.
    However the Decree passed the Chamber.

Failed Bills or Decrees overruled by the Diet

Tech Investment Bill
    Written by Victor Epalia
    Supported by VLG
    Description- The Vaerian Empire Must get Ahead in technology, we must Pursuit Tech at all cost to defend ourselves! I we will Invest heavily into Private and Government Research with Loans and Tax Cuts.

The Bill was supported by the UGD and Voidcraft guild, however it was suddenly pulled by the Grandmagister for unknown reason.

The Stars are Our’s

With so much advanced technology we can now make changes to our planets and settle in nearly any location. This will allow us to access new resources and land for us to settle and exploit. This decree calls upon every world and system to be claimed in the name of the Empire. We shall spread to the stars and claim more resources for the benefit of the empire and subjects.
    (Colonise every world and take them unless there are hostiles within them)
    (The first assertion perk is mastery of nature )

The only Royal Decree that was overruled by the Diet, the main concern was the fact it force the Empire to colonize planets potentially dangerous to Human habitation

Don't go anywhere yet, there is still one bill left to discuss, the most contreversial bill of the night, the one that nearly caused a Civil War:
    The Diet Reforms Amendment of 2211

Stay tuned

Report of the Diet of 2215-2220 (part 2)
  • Sharkrat

Corporal
    83 Badges
    Aug 15, 2019
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Prison Architect
    • Stellaris
    • Europa Universalis III
    • For the Motherland
    The Diet Reforms Amendment of 2211
    Written by the Victor Epalia

Supported by VLG
    Description- Under the act, any bill passed by the People's Assembly in Assembly that is Failed in the estates, can be overruled with ⅔ Majority in the Assembly

This bill quickly ground all business to a halt and forced all attention on to it. Within the People Assembly It was passed unanimously, no one wished to contest it. But the in the Estates Chamber this bill became the sole point of contention. The Conservative elements of the Nobility opposed the bill vehemently

Lord Karl Palaeogent
    "My fellow Nobles, this bills is a direct attack on the stability of our Empire. This bill is here to destroy the very blood that build this country from nothing but stone to the golden that many of us sits in. To take away power from the great ruling class of the Empire, is an insult to our way of life and traditions that we uphold to them to our ancestors.
    Nobles that knows what is right, to not support this preposterous and rotten bill that stinks this chamber. And uphold the stability of this Empire!"

But the bill had is defenders, the Liberal Faction in the Chamber, led by The Lady Regent Buenoparte and High Priest Hermann Gelleboeling led the movement to pass the bill.

"First of all Lord Palaeogent, I think it is very disrespectful of you towards the traditions of our Chamber to barge in here and start yelling without even having received a proper go-ahead to speak from the Lady Speaker. And second of all, don't you think it is more destabilizing for the Empire when an Estates Chamber blocks a bill which can count on a 2/3rds majority in the Assembly? If there is anything that will send our Empire down into a civil war it is a polarizing division between the nobility and the commonry."

"A bill as such breaks the foundation of the tradition that the lady regent has spoke of. Let me tell you, would you support an emperor who is unable to do anything? Because this seems like an assured step towards the dissolution of the emperorship."

"Our Empire is founded on both the Estates Chamber and the People's Assembly, failing to see that fact will lead to unrest, proven by the man who has just been escorted out. And may I remind you, Duchess von Friedenswald, that you and I and for that fact every noble or clergyman in this room is a politician in nature. The only thing which makes you and I any different from the members of the Assembly is that we are not elected to this position. And may I ask the representative for the House of Canmoore how this would undermine the Emperor? He himself has given his support for the Amendment."

Duchess Maria von Friedenswald

"The difference between you and me, versus a politician is that we don't have to worry about wheeling and dealing and corruption to keep our seats, allowing us to vote our minds and conscience. The idea that not overturning our constitution will lead to rebellion is pure lunacy. For over 200 years the current system has governed effectively and without revolution. What has changed so much from then? Not spaceflight, as that has merely improved our citizens lives. Your conclusion of rebellion is a false one, Lady Buenoparte.

"But what is the limiting principle here? Passing this amendment would imply that the Nobility do not in fact have a divine right to rule, as they could now be overruled by commoners. But if that is the case, why is a Nobility needed? What happens if there is no more reason to support a Nobility? Simple: There is no Nobility anymore. And if there is no Nobility, why even have an Emperor? There is no limiting principle here, no place to stop. This must be addressed!"

She was last noble to speak and the Chamber moved to vote.
    The Vote was counted, first those in favor
    The list was headlined with names like
    Lady Reg. Napolitana Buenoparte, Emperor O Leannain, High Priest Hermann Gelleboeling, High Praetorian Vladul Chernov, The Grand Magister and Duke Maddox Hoag

The those opposed was counted
    The list was headlined by names like Arch-Marshall Theodore Drakkus, House Canmoore, Lord Karl Palaeogent, uchess Maria von Friedenswald and Law Lord von Blüchner

However when the Votes were counted.The Lady Speaker announced the result
    "By a Majority of 2 votes, the Ayes have it!, the Ayes have it! The Bill PASSES"

And thus the Assembly won their first major reform in centuries, they could now overrule the Estates Chamber much easier than before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is All for the 2215-2220 Diet, and boy was it a wild ride
    Gameplay is coming next, heres a little preview
    "I have to call a Planet Stockwell? Its so dumb"
    -Wzard

And after gameplay comes (drumroll) Diet Elections

Last edited:
    Gameplay Report 2216 - 2220
  • Mr. Wiz

Sergeant
    72 Badges
    Nov 4, 2018
    • Battle for Bosporus
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Surviving Mars
    • Stellaris
    • Victoria 2
    • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
    • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
    EYZr_Adj-h22C3x-kKMedQ77ifQpttskBW9gpc6UQDPS8XyIWsNQtTvjckwY1JGxD1ocQhJybOBLhTk6rx7j8K3GSBJMtUw5WXEZhr1q7siU8Mr_pJ4wRaH3BRF3dLZvjaVmt5Bg

Imperial Survey Corps Report
    Years 2216-2220

Chief Coordinator Dotson

The Stars Belong To The Empire
    With a bill passed by Lady Napolitana Buenoparte , the Empire has taken its first ascension perk. Interstellar Dominion will surely usher an age of expansion never before seen. The Empire will extend its reach into every system near by.
    Tlr15I3bU92nQtKrfYzjl0JwCZvmmgjGgWHala87TkKMxNMn1If5apdQ4pMjN2s_zdavOpj5J3dTw9F51_lVvnSFBLIpzgE5PQKzy3AXWnJn4sZzLMBSxIPFvNqx8nyZgNOYn1B9

The Mysteries of Space
    A capsule has been found out in the cosmos, ticking down like a clock. The Survey Corps has decided to study the object and see what happens once its countdown is finished. The clock as been moved to a secure location in the event it is a bomb.
    1K72B7IjQFhJePdhcbBJTM6ixBkWjP5x1jg72NajPpkxakaF96Y3N3eSbmaODVTGK8iln94K2G3blNaut7peLvoQ0X_I91rjEN1ImrJOFw7RexSTmoaPS6Ho0C317hka2YM9sY7s

Progress Reports on the Crashed Starship
    Captain Kruger has been making excellent progress studying the crashed starship in the Takhvan system. Several reports have come in over the years offering us great insight.
    KXaCoESOdoDQccH8K9nNJdfx5WaFdV59CoELYYcWqgUHK2m7cRWU-sveiy-G1PPzNYCgsA51hG8E8-NksoumaGBMQPUDqQWY9OsuDDffiQtXOjYSqazK-RVOcZgFkfKNH4wYBFxs

_-pbssiY0xfsYAo8Xen2DBgANin-Tb6xU_KeWml1u915cG6bLEIYq55QhZPI0dSkclIu_8sxhDVNDf9a1ya9uDDr4YtW-_TA1qsDhnXmnKOCS6axIEjfj4NTDViXDgW24kjibBF1

dZSDtzdDDx5ctRZS0FJyaoTzf38Nim_64VhBZhWwY3UaqI-kcmMxRKsSavnt1kXTcN6jpe_EgZ8NzQcej0xsAcPE8D4HHC-5tgcQAHg3jbGJvt42EI67Rz5-CRwi3-Nh6KklENAL

New Wave of Faith
    Due to Imperial Decree by Emperor Fionn, the next tradition tree of the Empire shall be Faith. A choice that has pleased spiritualist and the church, greatly.
    3Vom71l_zJL17f7EKUJPUUbCF_qk7Cf1-iAXLZaY4bcFAmz4qraJCbfc4glYZ5BnI0F6pK_1Yq2htsO3iY4wFyeyNGFidIA5M8ipW0AJzcoeJvxwbSn6vINp4c705xiihjvQj06R

Science Breakthroughs
    gBhrhJLjqbKgpYnZ_0W0_07QQ7uAYPlYJVkhVb3NCF8jJd7wIQ1gMXCkYw4N4JrlN0JEFSfuwM4zbERfdS1_y3_13VPzAYp4eCOL9ez_qARrDw1a0mL-JpmqdpFhEqwdAfA1C9Kb
    d00pyWP1Gx01ozazpyX_6WG82TsdVG_CHbiNDFPAoNDCRelT5Hui4q5pEdIrBF16_5BFva3cTzQ8fteoVcR6zT61JwZEafDo0Ov6cs0QGH47QRNGbxaabHArt25Mbm-KIA18GDF4
    35ifIWY1mJSDxb5izWyFuOgErt9WCtByy0HrLV_vEk0p7zLp6k9CsL-SFxvOwhQvlMQeRDiXhkPHX-k1uKM1Czxl76YADT_bi1k7OJ0UBhOsq7Uqvj3219cvaJM04VtQDsXiI3Ly
    GwoibLhWhYcQOa1p23DkVRyhC6HTZYrIDCNufJ3MXvKiFR88rnfZagZg28gZXVAbbTDC2EKDUI5oa-H9bAsf_Xm3XSZizp73hdUOgU3ddm1fhUVY-MvKVQlFqKKPRFRM1_XjWOMo

Imperial Reserves of 2220
    jHvfUS9Psu_v7dTHelPauOOgdSnmPugbGxPIHuvXE8w-WjZkSZJkzZ3oxBEVI8Ic54hJSuLl_hLdCa_CUWreaU0On7lijbsDkd8yGQOS3bAtBvMJPFzN3aLoqMLHQxsfGgkonyYa

Imperial Borders of 2220
    fqlb4QZsGCamWHitWSW5glDl0x8V3bcsMfLRpny8DHN6Y4YiOAmJ6FQBmFKj3MqH9AsQMXGd14lWEgbIsx5YrQ3LJ2WTnFlp5udgGRZWBt3moa3Nfapt8P8lw40bEw9zk5pG3_sA

srb15bJM8ruTwd6FoAiQKGFC1bOkiiNuyujXqwYZxK4ax8dthh_m1HiikTg2oKMZ7MRYhBKr0vl2ukj_NebzWCH-O791-MQRkcnZmd8Pm2obbefrBganjiI3NjTuJq9esyA2N7dR

The Albion Post - People's Assembly Election: Eligible Guilds part 1
  • Sharkrat

Corporal
    83 Badges
    Aug 15, 2019
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Prison Architect
    • Stellaris
    • Europa Universalis III
    • For the Motherland
    Well loyal forum reading, the year is now 2220, so you know what that means: election time
    Once we get to the end this mega post, you will get the chance to use that all important civic duty: Voting

First lets look at the 3 guilds we are familiar with

Vaerian Liberal Guild
    In the past they often were the on offensive, attacking other guild and building support for themselves, this cycle however they have been on the defense, forcing to respond to attacks from numerous other guilds. Including the National Imperialists, Labour Guild and TOS

DEFEND_VAERIA_VOTE_VLG.png

BIG_BUISNESS_IS_USING_YOU_AGAIN.png

Their leader Victor Epala also delivered a speech, defending the VLG position and attacking other guilds

Victor Epala
    "Ounce again Elections have come to Vaeria my friends!
    The VLG again is being attacked by Blatant lies and Greedy Businessman! VOS a new Guild Has been Calling The VLG puppets of the Nobles, This is a Blatant Lie. They same day the made this Speech the VLG’s Diet reforms which would Give Power to the assembly that they can Overrule the Nobles! Vaerians Should not be told Lies and Should not Tolerate Liars like the VOS who use the people as a tool to get what they want! Another New Guild has also been Attacking the VLG the Vaerian Guild of Faith and Merit, That Ironically that has no Merit at all! They claim I Have let the People starve, and have let the people down, Again I have given the people more say in the government for a More Responsible Government which this Meritless Guild cannot see! To change The Guild of no merits mind I promise to increase food Production at Home and on our new Colonies! I also Promise to Increase our Defense and Navy to Defend from new Threats that have been discovered and to be discovered! The Vaerian Liberal Guild will Bring About true Economic Prosperity and A responsible Government, not Run by People that only Use our Religion for gain going against their own Principles, Nor People that seek to destroy our society Traditions and our Religion, By Arius I will not let this be!"

Voidcraft Guild
    Like the previous election, Voidcraft is running a campaign on stellar expansion

VOid_Call_3.png

Void_4.jpg

Void5.png

Void_Shoot.png

VoidStars.png

Both Admiral Oppenhiemer and Dr. Sophie Kruger gave short speeches about the Voidcraft guild

Admiral Oppenhiemer
    "Franz appears in front of the Void Craft Guild emblem on Hecor Station "It has been an eventful 10 years. We have survived much internal strife. The empire must now prepare for the fires of the void. We have every reason to beleive their are other entities our their. If we do not wish to be like the countless ruins that our science teams have found, we must answer the challenge the Void has to offer. We must turn outward and make our presence know through out the Galaxy. The Void calls us, vote for the Void Craft Guild. "

Dr. Sophie Kruger
    Sophie flickers into view above the podium, but doesn't even seem to notice that her projection isn't appearing where it should be
    "People of Vaeria! My voice hasn't rung from this podium before. I feel now is the time to make my views known. The prafists seek to divide us when all Vaeria needs to stand united against the dangers of space. I have seen first hand that there are ruins out there from civilizations far older than our own. There might well be others of equal or even greater strength out there.
    We will not know what their goals are unless we learn more about them. Just as we need to learn more about any neighboring civilizations. They might be beneficial allies, or threats that must be destroyed. If they have views similar to our own, perhaps we can claim them as vassals to the Empire. To do this we must build our space presence, both militarily and economically.
    Sophie paused, her projection suddenly shifting to a proper place behind the podium instead of above it "Meet this challenge! Vote for the VoidCraft Guild!"
    Sophie flickers out, leaving her last words faint. "May Canceror watch over us all."

United Guilds for Democracy
    Running on a message of unity between all group in the Empire and calling upon the nobilty and commoners to work together to fight the extremes on all ends of the political spectrum.

Ad-001.png

Oryou Meiji

"Oryou Meiji heads the UGD campaign strong, for the first time under this new name, with the single-minded goal of rallying support for her brand of liberalism and democratic values.
    She calls out: “Fellow citizens, I call out to you for aid in a time of political turmoil. Your humble servants, the guilds of the United Guilds for Democracy, see the political landscape dashed to bits by splinter factions, coming off from myself and the VLG, who seek to gain power for their causes. Some are noble, I will not lie, and some I wholeheartedly agree with, but this change, this revolutionary wave is too much at once. It rocks the boat so harshly that I can see my fellow sailors fall into the water and drown in it all. We must keep the course steady, we must continue this path of peaceful and liberating reform that gives you not only true and tangible power over your own fates but is honest to your face. You deserve representatives that do not cut backroom deals, that do not shuffle the Assembly on a whim, that truly represent you as the good, honest, Didecist, and humble people of Vaeria.

With your assistance, the UGD will carry our flag in your honor and serve as your champions in the confusing time which seeks to send our whole Empire into the void. We will guard you from slanderous speech and Snake Oil Salesman who promise you gifts but give you nothing but petty reforms whilst throwing down others out of spite and the belief that power will be taken from them. But in truth, they have no power.

We have no power. Look at the words of Maria Friedenwald!

“Passing this amendment would imply that the Nobility do not in fact have a divine right to rule,” she says, “if that is the case, why is a Nobility needed? What happens if there is no more reason to support a Nobility? Simple: There is no Nobility anymore.”

Truly, she misunderstands the role of the people and the commands of our divine gods. Arius grants those who are fit to be captains great power! But Caprica, our holy goddess, gives /you/ the power to guide this ship over the horizon, something the minority that is the Nobility /cannot/ do alone. Without the Citizenry, the Nobility would be nothing. Without Arius and Caprica /neither/ of us would have the power to rule. The Nobility forgets their place as Public Servants, the task anointed upon them by Arius himself, but we do not. The UGD is forever at your service, and we will ensure the powers Caprica anoints upon you are not withheld!

That is all.”

While before election were contesting by these 3 guilds, this cycle 6 new guild rose up to challenge the establishment. Each with different goals, values and wishes.

United Taiyang Guild (UTG)
    A guild centered around Taiyang, normally it left its national campaigning to the UGD, however this cycle, it leader, the Former Lord Speaker Yijiang Liang has elected to campaign nationally attempting to bring his own message of moderation and answer the needs of the people. However unlike some guilds, he pursued a extremely agreesive stragety and called out the Vaerian Liberal Guild at every turn.

To_all_of_Taiyang_Vote_United_Taiyang_Guild.jpg

To_all_of_Taiyang_Vote_United_Taiyang_Guild_1.jpg

Grayscale_Photo_with_Neon_Green_Typography_Gym_Poster.jpg

Add_a_heading.jpg

Yijiang Liang
    (Liang stands at a podium, he also appears as a hologram in stages around Taiyang)

"When the ballot open for all of you to vote, you are going to be given a choice, a choice between Guilds. You can choose to continue our current system of brinkmanship, chaos and mismanagement.
    For 20 years the people of Valeria has suffered under the iron grip of the current Government, whose leaders have corrupt, cowards or incompentent. This current government has done nothing to help the people. The dance in the ivory tower about one minor victory, they changed how the assembly overrules blocked legislation. A change that in the grand scheme of things is so minor, it will be forgotten within the next decade.

The Vaerian Liberal Guild has done nothing but focus on raw materials, Energy and Minerals, they have the consumer and food industry to sputter and spin and now due to the inaction of VLG they near recession and decline. Step must be taken to immediately solve the situation. I for one believe that the Civilian Factory order by our current Emperor must be a top priority, and that investments into the food industry must be swift and immediate.

The Vaerian Liberal Guild claims to be a party that claim to be with the people, if that is the case then I am here to declare they have lost the mandate of the people. The have done nothing but lie and backstab. The make on promise one day and then the next they go behind the back and make another.

But today I am not just here to decry the current deficiencies of the current government I am also here to make a plea to everyone. The past 20 year of chaos, infighting and intrigue must cease. We must band together for the benefit of the Empire, we must make sure the Empire can enter the new interstellar age united.

Thank you"

Labour Guild
    A left wing guild, recently founded to give a voice to the labour unions and workers across the Empire, their campaign revolved around building support among Imperial Workers, in addition to a few attacks.

20190926_192420_0000.png

20190926_190914_0000.png

20190927_192145_0001.png

20190927_192713_0000.png

Jeremy Arnold

Jeremy stands at a wooden speaking platform hastily made as he stood to look the wild crowd it has gather with the Labour Guild banners flying around him. Worker, my fellow Vearians! For too long those man who call themselves our representatives of us has abuse our votes, our trust in them to made the needy change that we need to feed our children, our families! We waited ,and nothing is being done while the corperations grows stronger everything, while the voice of the us! Grows ever dimmer! The VLG are cowards, they care not the for the people, through their inaction they shown us they care about one thing! Their self interest! Their salary! They insult us further with the only reform act they made is nothing more than a reform to change the Assembly, it's nothing tickle to the nobility and big business tycoons! Where are the social reforms? Where are the working wage or public Healthcare? Does the VLG not see the suffering and problems our so called Empire face? No I say they choose to ignore it because they are scared to take the leap necessary to take care of the working class. Too scare to even association themselves with us! Their words as empty as their greedy hearts!

Not to mention those business tycoons that the VLG has ignored! Those tycoons who has brought chaos! Those business tycooniries who has brought us nothing! Nothing but fear and uncertainly!

Enough is enough I say my friends, wouldn't you all agree? So my fellow Vearians let us represent you in the Assembly, so that we as one can stand against those who wish to abuse us! For too long they have Ignore the urban working class. But today we will make them hear us! The people will finally have a voice in the Assembly again!"

They also released a Manifesto for the upcoming Diet, a rarity among guilds

The manifesto of the Labour Guild
    1. Introduction of workplace democracy, where the workers can elect their workplace leadership

2. The introduction of a working wage as the minimum wage

3. The availability of education up to secondary level to all

4. The introduction of vehicle fuel tax to fund for free public transport and available of more routes and transport vehicles

5. The decrease of income tax for the working class and the middle Lower class.

6. The increase of corporation taxes as the upper class must also contribute to society.

7. The creation of the Global Healthcare Service, to make public healthcare available and free for all.

8. Reduction of military spending to fund for social spends

9. Support the department of science, while developing our colonies to create more jobs and opportunities for the working class

10. To make reforms for a more secular government and society.

Upon realizing the next 4 guild are full of content, sadly I will have to split this post in 2, don't worry you will be able to vote in the next post

The Albion Post - People's Assembly Election: Eligible Guilds part 2
  • Sharkrat

Corporal
    83 Badges
    Aug 15, 2019
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Prison Architect
    • Stellaris
    • Europa Universalis III
    • For the Motherland
    Alright time for part 2 of the Guild run through

Nationalist Imperialist Guild
    A guild attempting to build a wide base of popular support, they were another guild critical of the VLG, they also launched attacks on the 2 left wing parties.

FotoJet.png

FotoJet_1.png

NI.png

FotoJet_2.png

FotoJet_3.png

Argilles Rexstein

Argilles Rexstein walks up to the podium where the crowd cheers and raises their fists in their.
    "My People, my people listen the time has begun for the Empire to rise to it's former glory! The prafists must be punished for what they have done to our very society for their terrorism they must be purged from our empire and become extinct. The VLG left are a threat to our values as they wish to stop expansion and make us weak as they are nothing more than mere snow flakes! Day after day these two groups ruin our society with lies and nothing more than false reforms, they are the ones to blame for why some of you don't have jobs or why you can not walk home safe tonight. Support the NI to strengthen the power of the empire and restore hope to you my people, the Vaerian people."

Responding to the reform bill recently passed, their leader gave another speech

Argilles Rexstein steps up to the podium holding a document

"My fellow Vaerians, my people who glorify the empire to this day I will be announcing the VLG reforms that they have promised. They have allowed the assembly to enforce laws with 2/3 of voting..." Argilles rips apart the document and drops the shredded pieces of paper on the floor. "That my brothers and sisters is all that they have done for the assembly..notice that I said assembly. The VGL will only allow major guilds including themselves to have power. This has done nothing but give them power! The VLG and communists wish to divide us, we all know that they are the ones that now divide the assembly and the nobility and split us farther from unity! Unity..unity is what brings us our power, unity is what offers us victory. United for victory!" Argilles shoves his fist in the air as the crowd does the same chanting 'United for victory'.

Argilles moves around his synthetic leg clanking

"My people of the fatherland you have asked many questions, why do we need to purge the prafists, cant we speak to the radical left? I have come up with my answer for these questions..NEVER will we speak to liars and we will eradicate terrorists. The prafists must be purged from our society as they are to be blamed for declaring war on the people, my people the vaerian people. May their god have mercy on them, for I will not! The left such as the labour unions lie about supporting the worker and the people, they desire to remove every single one of your very rights to even own property. I will die by the time the Vaerian people lose their freedom and rights to false statements and lies, all of this the socialists promise for 'equity' equity is not removing everyone's right for property and declaring it for the state to handle this will lead to anarchy! I promise you a utopia for the Vaerian people and powerful empire, United for victory!" The crowd chants United for victory at the end of the speech and raise their fists in the air.

He also delivered a final speech right before the polls

Leader Argilles on the stage standing at the podium
    "I have grave information for you my people. We are going to be starving soon and our economy will enter a great depression. Who is to blame for this you may ask? The VLG have removed their focuses on the people and onto their own greed and credits their change and reforms are destroying you my people. But this depression will not happen as long as I stand for you and you my people stand with me. There's not just that my compatriots, our society is in poverty nearly 1 portion of our very capital population are unemployed, I will change this by making it mandatory for every Vaerian citizen to have jobs and to be fed. I will expand the industries in the name of the Vaerian way of life and make it so that you can feed your children and stay healthy, United for Victory." The crowds chant 'United for Victory' and raise their fist in the air making the NI symbol.

The Objectivist Society
    A guild further left than the Labour Guild, they espouse there own brand of liberalism. There campaign also focused on establishing a base on the left.

VOS_Poster.jpg

Diane Manteau

Diane Delivers A Fiery speech in Regnier

"I Am Diane Manteau. And I Dream Of One Thing. That One Thing is A Free Vaeria,A Society Where The Artist Does Not Fear The Censor,Where The People Are Free To Decide For Themselves,Where Nobles Don't Steal From The People. With Your Support This Dream WILL Become REALITY! NO GODS, NO KINGS, ONLY THE PEOPLE.

The VLG Are Nothing But Mindless Puppets to the Nobles. They Dare to call themselves “liberals” while shamelessly pandering to nobles even going so far as to introduce a bill that would make new colonies carry the names of nobles. Vote For Real Change For for VOS! VOTE FOR MANTEAU!"

The Vaerian Guild of Faith and Merit
    A guild that pushes for both Militarist and Religious view, the occupy a unique position in the political sphere of the Empire.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Dylan Rander

Dylan Rander walks up to the podium dressed in a suit with a robe over it that is decorated with the different symbols of the gods

Fellow people of Vaeria, We are truly blessed by the gods to be here today. We must ensure that the next day is as blessed as the present however, and the only way to do that is to Improve upon ourselves, to become better people, to shape ourselves in the image of the gods! We must do away those who cast aside Caprica in search of power from serpor! The only power we shall be granted is by Caprica who bestows power upon only the most hard working. Efficiency and Loyalty shall please the gods and efficiency in our government and our economy will pave the way forward so that our Empire can spread across the stars, so that we the people may Enjoy its bountiful fruit that has been carefully placed there for us by the gods. We must be weary as the coming decades shall be plauged with Serpor's deceit and lies, spoken to us by his followers. But may Libras guide the mighty hammer of Imperial Justice upon those who wish to bring harm to any and all who wish to harm the followers of the Empire. May Arius bestow wisdom upon us so that we may make the correct decisions in the coming years.

People of the Empire, We are on the verge of economic decline as we are only scraping by in terms of food and consumer goods. The Incompetency of the VLG's leadership and the Blindness of the Guilds of the Assembly will soon let the innocent starve as a result of their lust for power! We the members of the Vaerian Guild of Faith and Merit will promise to attempt to solve these issues if we are to have your support! The People are the back bone of the Empire and we shall not fail a single one of them! I pray to Canceror that we have enough time to remedy this problem and to Caprica in hopes that we will produce enough to fuel our great Empire. We must cast aside the evil that has imbedded itself in the VLG as they are servants of Serpor! They wish to blind us from our problems by creating new ones for us to focus on only to come in and act as if they are the heroes! Pledge your support to those who will fight for the people's needs and not our own desires!

To the gods we pray and to the Empire we pledge.

Dylan would step away from the podium and leave, answering a few questions before leaving

The Chosen of Arius
    The guild for the religiously devoted in the Empire, it has taken a stance of religious revival in the Empire.

TCA_Ads_1.png

TCA_Ads.png

Priestess Eva Baris

Priestess Eva walks up to a podium at a church in Haiwen, the speech is also broadcasted live

"Citizens of the Empire, I am Priestess Eva of The Chosen of Arius. It has been nine years since the Praftist attacks across the Empire. It was on that dark day I had a realized that the Praftist attacks were a punishment from the Gods! Our Empire has had a disturbing lack of spiritualism in our lives! The Gods are displeased with us and we are weak before them! We must recapture the spiritual side of life in order to save ourselves! We must not be weak during this time of turmoil we must rise back to the glory of spiritualism and prove ourselves to the Gods above that we are still worthy! The Chosen of Arius is the way to redemption!" Eva point towards the back of the church that would have a mural of the 12 Gods
    The Chosen of Arius campaign promises:
    + Increase Food Production
    + Add more jobs for the faithful
    + Increase the defenses of the Empire

And with that we finally reach the end of the of the 9 guild vying for seats in the assembly.

Therefore with the power vested in me I declare the 2220 Assembly Elections, open to the public
    Billions have already voted, You can be one of them!

Vote_2220.png

Click this Button to vote

Election close 12pm EST on Monday September 30th, Make sure to vote before then!

People's Assembly Election Results of 2220
  • Sharkrat

Corporal
    83 Badges
    Aug 15, 2019
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Prison Architect
    • Stellaris
    • Europa Universalis III
    • For the Motherland
    Well, the Polls have only be closed for about 12 hours, a I would have made a update sooner. But...... a few events throughout the day halted the post. Now that the dust has settled here we go!

Pre Election Results
    "oh Yeah there were enough events to warrant is own section"

Formation of The League for the Imperial Union
    League.jpg

Led by a disgruntled member of the National Imperialist Guild, the party would officially form after the Election concluded, but was announced before the polls closed. Espousing a Socialistic Economic Platform, they nonetheless still had a Conservative Social and Political stance

TfTfEOU5bW4CQkemVpTkniQxpHeDP9vfP7nAKjHPgQLseERkAQt2O_2ci7z2xXRWd9L4B2_ibHn6ajHADmWvXUlcOTfPXplo9SfWx2mFUehcLiD-F5X1T2-SKUMSsMzkCEX5PDA

LfLEz22H7sQU8PeMthzTk8zwm8cgVWmBqF-py6joTJl33i54AW9dhA9HcIULEN6SFR67OMooGkVKLKkL39e4Ie5sruo1HfQ2KKMUH6LXrFLEYhIScVcJf6MvkVs2QcUe_AymoBY

Argilles Rexstein arrested
    Argilles Rexstein, leader of the Nationalistic Imperialistic Guild, has been arrested. IIA is charging the man and six of his assistants with aggravated assault with deadly weapons, falsifying evidence and the spreading of lies about a felony offense. As what made IIA Agents arrest Rexstein IIA released this recording of a meeting between Rexstein and Duke Stockwell, in which Rexstein’s assistants pulled guns on the Duke within his office.

Mr. Rexstein, according to Albion Post legal experts, is facing up to 30 years of prison under these charges.

However this incident of blatant misuse of firearms at the highest political levels opened a new debate around gun control, whether or not something comes from it remains to be seen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Election Results
    What you all came to see, the results of the 2220 Election for the Imperial Assembly.

2220_Election.jpg

As you can all see, the Nationalist Imperialist Guild received 28.6% of the vote and the new formed The League for the Imperial Union would take 7% away from the Nationalist Imperial Guild as part of their split. Some other things to notice, the Vaerian Liberal Guild, once the leading guild in the Assembly has near completely collapsed, perhaps their voters had grown tired of the VLG's moderate message. Voidcraft reamined the only Guild to retain most of their intial power, their solid block of voters still voting for the guild.

Now on to the Seat Chart
    2200_Seat_Chart.jpg

The guilds color on the chart will be written in brackets [ ]
    Nationalist Imperialist: 114 Seats +114 Seats [Black]
    Voidcraft Guild:70 Seats -50 Seats [Blue]
    Labour Guild: 38 Seats +38 Seats [Red]
    The Chosen of Arius:32 Seats +32 Seats [Silver]
    United Taiyang Guild:32 Seats +32 Seats [Dark Purple]
    United Guilds for Democracy:32 Seats -78 Seats [Purple]
    The League for the Imperial Union: 31 Seats +31 Seats [Green]
    The Objectivist Society: 25 Seats +25 Seats [Dark Red, They are at rightmost end]
    Vaerian Guild of Faith and Merit: 13 Seats +13 Seats [Grey]
    Vaerian Liberal Guild: 13 Seats -157 Seats [Yellow]

The talks for a coalition began almost immediately, and most predicted across the Empire that the Government would either be around the Voidcraft Guild or the Nationalist Imperialist Guild. However the head of NI arrested there was considerable uncertainty. Such uncertainty would only grow as later in the day, this simple headline was posted to the website of the Albion Post

TfTfEOU5bW4CQkemVpTkniQxpHeDP9vfP7nAKjHPgQLseERkAQt2O_2ci7z2xXRWd9L4B2_ibHn6ajHADmWvXUlcOTfPXplo9SfWx2mFUehcLiD-F5X1T2-SKUMSsMzkCEX5PDA

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE ALBION POST
    Oryou Meiji, the ArchChancellor and head of the United Guilds for Democracy has been arrested, she has been escorted by the IIA into a police vehicle and sent away from the palace.
    Stay with for more details.

The Empire faced another crisis, in some circles Meiji was believed to be a compromise candidate for the seat of Grandmagister, but her arrest shocked the Empire, and most were uncertain as to why. Until the Emperor gave a brief statement to the press.

Emperor Ó Leannáin
    "My subjects it pains me to inform you of this but Oryou Meiji has been arrested and is accused of heresy by myself proclaiming that i do not have right to rule she will be dealt by the church. "

Responses from across the Empire were swift

Meiji Corporation
    The Meiji Corporation releases a statement, declaring Chairman Muhammad Gutierez acting representative of the UGD and Chairman Ling Zoulong acting CEO of Meiji Corporation. In smaller news, Yoshiko Tojo is made temporary head scientist of Aeronautics divison at Meiji Corporation.

When asked to make a comment, each said a similiar, rehearsed statement, saying that "justice cannot be served without proper evidence and that they will make no further comments on the matter."

Diane Manteau
    Diane Issues A Statement Denouncing the arrest of Meiji.She Is Pointing the finger at the church. Saying it has no business in deciding law

Joe Blake
    Joe walls up to the main podium... joining him are NPC guards with rifles. Grey shirts behind them as well “People of this great empire! There have been two arrests as of recent and many of the people in the streets are angry! Both arrests were unwarranted and many of the people are ready to stand against these unlawful arrests!” He slams his hand on the podium “That is why I call all leaders of every party that agrees with this call to action to meet with me to form a first peaceful demonstration as a unified people! This is a call to action! May we all thrive in these hard times!”

Victoria Yuskevich-Canmoore
    Victoria gave her own rebuttal to that one. "Two unlawful arrests huh. Yeah that's what I thought when my mother got taken by the IIA, see where that got her. And we both know the arrest of Rexy was legal. The IIA quite literally released the public evidence, so maybe think before you speak."

However the major question was now who was to head the government, and who would become Grandmagister
    That question was answered late at night

(The Lady Speaker is working at her desk, she Sent the Vice Speaker off the royal council meeting, hopefully he didn't screw up)
    Knock on the door
    Lady Speaker: Yes yes come in Yijiang Liang walks in Liang? What are you doing here
    Liang: Well, Alana. I am about to announce something I never though I'd do. I humbly ask to form a government
    Lady Speaker: What?
    Liang: Yes, I have secured the necessary majority
    Lady Speaker: Who intend to be in it?
    Liang: Every single Guild
    Lady Speaker: (Speechless) and you intend to be Grand Magister?
    Liang: Yes,until the current crisis is solved, after which I will resign and the Coalition will reshuffle
    Lady Speaker: As you wish, I will contact the Emperor

A message was sent to the Imperial Palace
    "Emperor Ó Leannáin Yijiang Liang of the United Taiyang Guild seek to form a government and humbly asks for a meeting"
    -Lady Speaker Lily Alana-Kaiwi

After a brief meeting with the Emperor, Yijiang Liang would appear on the steps of the diet, and gave a short statement to the gather press

Yijiang Liang
    The rumors are true, yes I have a majority to become Grand Magister

It is a position I neither want or think I deserve and one I will resign from as soon as possible
    However, I do not intend to govern alone, I intend to govern with a mandate so strong that is unquestionable
    My Government in the Assembly is Unanimous, Every Guild is part of the majority
    I have formed a Government of National Unity

It appears we have our government for the 2220-2230 session of the Diet
    Our New Grand Magister
    9G9MKIygUlske7PcFU8rFs9WD_49AGShe-GZh0a3RYudgHv9J-q-RMwah2cpwhIRo6b-fzmiLtPmUEFfNVC4M7eB7nq1gVSzBdOHDjUPq4rEnxlt6dI8qnQ48wtfTeGlfNRH7h4

Yijiang Liang of the United Taiyang Guild

Our New Government
    upload_2019-9-30_23-54-14.png

A National Unity Goverment, it seeks to govern will all parties working together

Let us hope the new GrandMaigster can bring us through 10 years of Stability and control the bickering guilds of the Diet
    Glory to the Empire

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-30_23-24-8.png
      upload_2019-9-30_23-24-8.png
      93,8 KB · Views: 15
    The Albion Post Special Edition: The Emperor is dead, long live the Emperor!
  • Sharkrat

Corporal
    83 Badges
    Aug 15, 2019
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Crusader Kings III
    • Prison Architect
    • Stellaris
    • Europa Universalis III
    • For the Motherland
    Albion_Post_Headline.png

Two Dead in Capital, Throne Lies Vacant, Turbulent Times ahead!

Two Autopsy Reports are summarized for the public
    Deceased Victim 1
    Name: Fionn Ó Leannáin
    Title: Emperor of Vaeria
    Sex: Male Age: 66
    Type of Death: Violent
    Cause of Death: Bleed-out from multiple Gunshot wound
    Manner of Death: Shotgun shots, .410 bore.
    Additional Notes: Most Likely died within seconds, entrance injuries found near Lungs, Heart and Skull, numerous more found all over body
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Deceased Victim 2
    Name: Yijiang Liang
    Title: Grand Magister
    Sex Male Age: 81
    Type of Death: Violent
    Cause of Death: Potassium Overdose
    Manner of Death: Substance found in tea, modified Potassium, Poisoning most likely cause
    Additional Notes: The Potassium Isotope found in tea is not naturally occurring and most likely artificially made. Further research required, it is the opinion of the Office that the Grand Magister did not commit suicide, death would have been painful. It is also unclear if the Emperor poisoned it as can be heard on the tapes released from the Assembly

Emperor Fionns position as Chief of the Ó Leannáin Clan is succeded by his youngest son Celtchar Ó Leannáin. The Grand Magisters Position lies vacant, but Liang's position as head of the UTG has been fulfilled by his daughter, Lisa Jiang.

Duke John Stockwell, formally Grand Magsiter and head of VLG who was eleveted to his Duchy has been named regent by a full session of the Estates Chamber after a tense debate and secret ballot vote. Lady Speaker accused of electioneering by Chief Celtchar Ó Leannáin.

The Emperor is Dead, May He Rest in Peace!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh boy the past few days have been eventful, don't worry if this post is vague, all of the sordid details will eventually be released to you guys, It might be time for "Empire in Crisis Redux"