• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Event: Attack on the ruins of the Great Temple of Praf, 2210
uTAR4j3gFbiGq5gQnLeh0HmeR1cIcX1k_iKkPM4vP-EehSvpHG1CWWbCoY_tIa0SqRKi7e-HI4mD2W2HAbH7isphy-uN9GSCetNJ2qp04-mwI9-PHXwUQPq1NUE8Q2NEfQsdTV_8

Attack on the ruins of the Great Temple of Praf

AFqRpIKEcjAMQsm64yv74lq2Hx7KO5Ry1EPRFwL1eA5hopw6XlEuv1YmPQ8Ry_aaEIcGL1mr8yi6LIhKNeNgQTVrDahXkJwfGgr5bLzB2hGHRZi6Awv9dHGN5GA5sWKUsEKxpznZ
Late at night on the 5th of April 2210 AE shots could be heard in the suburbs of Al-Sharit coming from the ruins of the once Great Temple of Praf, the last heretical religion to exist on Vaeria. This Heresy was officially declared as cleansed in the second half of the 20th century AE, after the Praftis Purges.

In a press release the IIA states:

“On the night of the 5th of April an unknown number of culprits have attacked the ruins of the Great Temple of Praf, killing 37 Children of Arius in the process. The Holy Order of the Children of Arius and IIA are now conducting a joint investigation of the incident. We ask you to report any suspicious behavior you may have witnessed this night in Al-Sharit. The Emperor has assured both of our Organizations that we have his full support in finding these dangerous criminals.”

Our correspondents in Al-Sharit tell us of an unusual high amount of IIA Agents and Children of Arius arriving to secure the site. Sources in the Imperial Interstellar Navy also tell us about one corvette being deployed in a geostationary orbit above Al-Sharit, something usually done when the Emperor declares a matter important to the Holy Imperial Order.

As to what really is going on the local populous and the Internet is already speculating. Officials on the scene however tell us, that the Empire takes terrorism really serious and that all of these actions are merely precautions, to guarantee the safety of the region.

Election Results of the People's Assembly of 2210
cykI6fKhZaXbVvJIFeXDgXbls6MADGB1jyaz-BngpCKWp1aI2f4FCgabiRYqg6UoJTYBzPNINLiSFoBtVfTmXamOpknX6dZ0aCyKnuFpbbxR2bwFBMnlQpzvEw94udTPzOoLlzPk

People’s Assembly election results 2210

The Voting stations have been closed and the votes have been counted. We can now safely announce the results of the election for the People’s Assembly of 2210:

Ynd2guYalahflAoGS2QwBWfrizc5wsvTV3ZY_BBzNVa3zmIsovnRSgOfFhoTshXnZLJJoeSxjFehiyveEjFgR9tpUhsShbTTlixcicv-TRRJeuJ4Og39F6fCheQ2p-wOtAbB9CDP

rOzIIYsVjtrLmYYj1wuLOcoLNxErA5gHQ4Ufa1_O7JBIFFOt_MyoyR9xqZ-FIgR3xpyH9Tk9Wz0TOTARbTxJIfRks0_kV6bZmyxBWLgBXZO0HEAGctPS2zj-gIe4fVRRhgi4KUnm

These results show, that theoretically three different coalitions for the Grandmagistrate are possible. Whether or not the Voidcraft-VLG coalition remains intact will have to be seen. It, however, seems likely that Samuel Hollerzollen will reclaim the office of Grandmagister for himself, after his false imprisonment.

We will keep you informed!

I wonder if the Voidcraft Guild or Meiji will end up getting squeezed

If the VLG and non conservative emperor keep being elected how long will it take to see the empire become a fully liberal democratic-like constitutonal monarchy?

Last edited:
If the VDG and non conservative emperor keep being elected how long will it take to see the empire become a fully liberal democratic-like constitutonal monarchy?

That is fully up to the players, but you have to realize, there is the Estate's chamebr as well, with nobles and hereditary seats. They are normally more conservative and have significant influence, that contributed to the crisis of 2206.

Btw If you wish to join in the RP fun, you are very welcome to do so XD

That is fully up to the players, but you have to realize, there is the Estate's chamebr as well, with nobles and hereditary seats. They are normally more conservative and have significant influence, that contributed to the crisis of 2206.

Btw If you wish to join in the RP fun, you are very welcome to do so XD
I probably will:)

It would be great to see once in a while also a representations of the factions within the Estate chamber and their relative strenght within it

I probably will:)

It would be great to see once in a while also a representations of the factions within the Estate chamber and their relative strenght within it

As to how that works, we structured it in the rules this way, that every noble in the Estates chamber is considered equal to eachother, but they can actually override bills from the Assembly. We have a whole ruleset (about 20 pages in google docs) that describes how everything works. We have some interesting mechanics in place. Besides making laws and bill there is the intrigue mechanic, which is heaviliy inspired by CK2. That for example how Samuel Hollerzollen was framed and how this whole crisis in 2206 happened, whcih derailed the entired project for a bit and forced us admins to change the mechanics a bit to make intrigue less extreme.

But we have mechanibs in place to give the Assembly a sort of nuclear option (popular uprisings) if the Estate's chamber actively tries to oppress the Guilds and commoners.
It is too complex to get into here and would be outside the scope of what the forum concerns. Here we publish the Gameplay and summaries of what the players do in RP on our Discord (Short Stories and the Albion Post newspaper articles) and some RP events for the players to react to (also Newspaper articles, i.e.: The Attack on the ruins of the Temple of Praf)

Squeezed means losing votes to one or both of the other groupings - resulting in a two-party situation (as happens quite often in certain political systems).

Squeezed means losing votes to one or both of the other groupings - resulting in a two-party situation (as happens quite often in certain political systems).

Oh God, I hope not! We are trying to encourage people to make more Guilds/parties in the People's Assembly.
We hope to have at least five different ones by the next election.

Short Story: Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust
First of all, thank you to @skagerakk for allowing me to post my short story in here. Second of all to give some context, this short story takes place against the background of Emperor de Mérode's sudden and mysterious death. It follows Lady-Regent Napolitana Buenoparte, acting regent in Arcadié, as she investigates the late Emperor's death. So let's get into it!

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust
2209.12.7 7:19 PM. Albion, Temple District.

mHbDc0T.png

A beautiful white gleaming ship landed in Albion. As its landing gear touched the ground, a big ramp extended down. As Lady-Regent Buenoparte descended from the ramp, she admired the beautiful scenery where she once had enjoyed her religious education.

Pontifex Maximus J.T. Canisius:
"Lady Buenoparte, welcome to Albion, may you be blessed by the Gods. It is unfortunate that we have to meet in these circumstances after what happened with the Emperor, which got you into the regent position you now are, but I am sure you are doing fine managing Arcadié."

Lady-Regent Napolitana Buenoparte:
"Indeed, Arcadié these last few years is less dependent on its ruling family than you would generally expect from an Archduchy on our planet."

"Anyway, let us go to the Palace before we continue our conversation. Follow me."
They walked to a limo, guarded by a couple Children of Arius. They both took a seat and whilst the limo is driving to the Palace.
"So Lady Regent, what is it that brings you back to Albion?"

"You might or might not be familiar with Arcadian local politics, but I am actually here on official business. A law was just passed through both Houses to start an official investigation into the death of our late Archduke."

"Is it? I have to be completely honest here: I don't follow the rambling that takes place in both the Assembly and the Chamber. I am a man of Faith after all, not of politics."

"I am talking about the Houses of the local Arcadian council, here Your Holiness. The rambling in the Capital has nothing to do with this investigation."

"Then I definitely did not catch word of this 'investigation'. What are they trying to find? Some sort of 'evidence' our late Emperor doesn't actually has his body been burned and his ashes spread out throughout outer space? I fear it might be a bit difficult to retrieve those ashes from space to 'test' their origins..."
The limo drove through the gates of the Pontifical Palace and stopped at the big entrance of the Palace.
"Let us go inside first, we'll have a bit more privacy up there."
The Lady-Regent followed the Pontifex inside.

"That is exactly what this investigation is about. We have already interviewed the family of the late Emperor and there are some things that need to be explained. As this is the last place the Emperor was seen alive, I'd like to know what his last days were like."
The Pontifex guided the Lady Regent to a small room, signalled the Children watching guard to leave and took a seat.

"His family will say the same as I will now: he was emotionally stressed and burned out. Politics is what killed him. His heart couldn't cope. You see why I don't involve myself with politics."

"Was the Emperor visited by anyone in particular before he died?"

"The Emperor locked himself in his private quarters he was assigned to when he came here with me and has seen no-one besides me, when he asked me for advice, but most of the time he would spend his time alone, thinking I imagine of how to solve the crisis. I helped him as much as I could, but he kept me out of it for the most part."

"Did the Emperor leave behind anything from his time here in Albion? Something like a diary or notes?"

"Not that I know of. If he did, I believe any of his personal belongings were most likely given to his family members, you should ask them if that was the case. If they'll allow someone to put their nose in their business is an entirely different thing though..."

"If it's not much to ask of you, could I perhaps see where the Emperor spent his last days?"

"That room is unfortunately occupied at the moment by one of our many members of the Church. You would have to ask the priest who is currently residing there for his permission, but I fear he is someone who prefers his privacy."

"Would you be kind enough, Your Holiness, to inquire with that person if such a matter could be arranged? I fear the House of Lords in Arcadié would not be satisfied if I did not at least try."

"Of course you can always try. He is somewhere in Albion attending his business so I will have to ask him later. I will send you once I have been in touch with him."

"I must thank you for your hospitality, Your Holiness. There is one last thing I'd like to ask before I have to leave. Did the Emperor make any last wishes known to you before he died?"

"Not that I know of, he only asked me for spiritual guidance in his last hours. May Arius bless his soul."

"Thank you, Your Holiness, for your hospitality and for your willingness to provide me with answers. I think the Arcadian House of Lords will be pleased to hear that their Pontifex has offered his most esteemed cooperation with the investigation that they have chosen to open. I hope that when I am done, we will finally have the answers we all were waiting for."

"What answers are you looking for? If I am not mistaken, you have not yet told me why there is an investigation in the first place?"

"As I said, the House of Lords passed a law which required me to conduct such an investigation. Perhaps they were not satisfied with the ample information they received from the government. The death of our ruler certainly isn't something which occurs very often, so I believe it is fair that the Lords of Arcadié which to know what exactly happened to their Archduke and why his body wasn't brought to Arcadié for a funeral there."

"The Emperor was stressed and almost dead at the end of his life. People do not think clear when they are in that state of mind, not even with spiritual guidance. I believe there is nothing the Lords of Arcadié have to be worried about. After all, they're only a local justice department, there is not much they can do."

"Your Holiness, if I may, scalding the Lords of Arcadié for their concern is quite unfair. They are some of the most faithful of your subjects. It is not a coincidence that Emperor de Mérode was such a faithful man, it is simply a common feature amongst the people of Arcadié. The Lords simply want to know if there was anything out of the order in the Emperor's last days. But as you have said, and as the late Emperor's family has already said, Carolus de Mérode suffered from a heart attack, and there is no reason as of yet to doubt this. I simply want to know if the late Emperor had any last visions on Arcadian politics, something which might help his successor once he becomes Archduke."

"There is a difference between an investigation about the last days of the Emperor and merely 'getting to know his last visions on Arcadian politics'. I can say for the first: he died of a heart attack, officials have confirmed this, so there is nothing the Lords of Arcadié have to be worried about. As for the latter: I have no idea on the Emperor's last wishes nor visions on local politics, the man was not in a good state to think about such things. I fear de Mérode's family and the Lords of Arcadié will have to come up with their own, original, ideas to govern their Archduchy, which I am sure they are capable of. And if not, they should ask de Mérode's family, not me nor the Church for that matter. But if you'll excuse me, I have other meetings planned and other important stuff to do."

"Of course, Your Holiness, my apologies if my inquiry has come over to you as rude or too invasive. I was simply doing what I was told by the legislation passed in Arcadié."

"Then tell them their investigation is ill-framed and unnecessary. There is nothing they have to worry about. May you and the Lords be blessed with wisdom. Have a good day."
The Pontifex pushed a button, signalling Children of Arius to enter the room, and guide the Lady Regent out of the palace.

As the Lady Regent enters her ship, she glances out of a window and looks back at Albion. She had some of her best days here, but now her childhood memories were somewhat ruined by the rude appearance of the Pontifex. She would certainly have to come back here to mend her relationship with His Holiness. Then the idea came to her. The Pontifex might not be so willing to cooperate, but physical evidence would still be present here in Albion. She remembered the Pontifex saying “I fear it might be a bit difficult to retrieve those ashes from space to 'test' their origins...". Clearly, the Pontifex wasn’t educated in forensic sciences. Napolitana suspected that just like a gun left trace amounts of gunpowder when fired, there would be trace amounts of ash on the ships which were used to spread de Mérode’s ashes. All she would have to do is find one of those ships. Napolitana descended from the ship again, shouting back at her on board personnel that she was going to take a walk and visit her childhood school.
It took some time, but eventually she found one of the ships which were used to spread de Mérode’s ashes into space in a remote warehouse in Albion. Clearly, the ship hadn’t seen much action since 2206, as the exhaust pipes were taken out and something which looked like an engine was laying in a corner. She took out her particle counter, a device used by forensics to detect certain materials in a matter of minutes. She eventually found the hole from which the ashes could have been dispersed. It was a small circular hole at the side of the ship, with a hatch. She forced open the hatch by short-circuiting the external control panel and looked inside with her particle counter. She was correct, there was some trace amount of ash there. She collected it in a vial and quickly left before anyone had seen her.
As General of the Arcadian Defence Forces, which acted like the local law enforcement in Arcadié, she had outfitted her ship with a mobile forensic lab. Now it proved how handy that was. She put the vial in the analyzer and waited for the results. After a while, a piece of paper was printed out, detailing the composition of the ashes. Luckily for her, there was grounded bone powder in the vial she collected. As DNA could not be extracted from ash, finding traces of bones or teeth was her only chance. It seemed the Gods had blessed her with this find. She read the piece of paper, 0% Human, 100% Bovine, cow ashes! She knew it! The Emperor was not cremated on that funeral pyre and his ashes were not spread into outer space! Napolitana took out a lighter and burned the piece of paper to a crisp. She then took the vial and destroyed it in the ship’s dematerializing bin.

2210.1.3 1:30 PM. Arcadié, Landing Tower 4.

ysQf7W8.jpg

A shuttle with Navy Herald descended from orbit into Arcadié and landed on the landing platform reserved for government officials on Landing Tower #4. Head Admiral Franz Oppenheimer disembarked with a couple of officers into tow and approached the Lady Regent who was awaiting him on the platform.

"Head Admiral, how nice of you to respond so quickly to my request. I promise this won't take too much of your time."

Head Admiral Franz Oppenheimer:
"The pleasure is mine. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I simply wish to ask you some questions regarding official records of the Navy. Is it correct that the Navy records all ingoing and outgoing ships from Vaeria?"

"We do our best. There are a lot of traffic going both ways.

"And would this information of let's say four or five years ago be open to the public?"

"No, global traffic like that is subject to Navy and or IIA approval."

"Okay thank you Head Admiral, then there is one other matter which I'd like to ask you. As you may or may not know, next year (2211) marks the 450th anniversary of the rule of the House de Mérode. Preparations are currently being made in Arcadié to hold festivities to honour the Mérodes and to honour the late Emperor. I would humbly ask if the Imperial Navy lend some of its fighter jets for a fly-over of the city."

"I will have it arranged. Anything else?"

"That is all, thank you for your quick response, Head Admiral. If you would allow me, here is a gift from the Archduchy of Arcadié."
The Lady Regent hands over a bottle of Mérode wine.
"It is wine produced by the Mérode family, it's the best in all of Vaeria. I hope you like it."

"I will put it to good use Lady Regent. I appreciate the gift." He paused. "If your request for sensor log data was a narrow enough scope. I could have it reviewed to make sure no classified information was inadvertently detected. I would then the need to verify with the survey corp, IIA and the army to make sure they don't have any thing classified going in those sensor logs. Then I could release them. I know that is not likely what you want to hear but that is the best I can do."

"I will try to contact the IIA for the release of those documents, that will spare you some time and effort, I believe."

"I wish you luck in your investigation."

"Thank you, Head Admiral."

"It was a pleasure meeting you*

The Lady Regent nods as she watched the Head Admiral getting in the shuttle and leaving Arcadié to get back to his duties. Once the shuttle was out of view, she sent an official request to the IIA to review the records on the ingoing and outgoing ships of that fateful day back in 2206. After several minutes, she got a message back from Director Jäger of the IIA, asking to discuss the details of her request in person. Napolitana gladly accepted.
After several hours, a shuttle marked with the logo of the IIA descends from the sky and lands on one of the Landing Towers in Arcadié. Gerald Jäger, Director of the Imperial Intelligence Agency descends from his shuttle and is greeted by the Lady-Regent.

"Good day, Director Jäger. I am glad to finally meet you."

Director Gerald Jäger:
"Greetings Lady Regent. the Pleasure is all mine. I believe you have a request and I fear I need more details about it"

"Ah yes. The situation is fairly simple. At the end of last year, a Lord in the Arcadian House of Lords proposed a bill which tasked me personally with an independent investigation into the circumstances of our Archduke's death. The bill passed in the House of Lords and I set out to investigate. So far all my results have confirmed the official story and the records of the ingoing and outgoing ships would further confirm the official story I believe, which would allow me to finally put the concerns of our House of Lords to rest."

Director Gerald Jäger:
"And you wish to examine the global logs for that?"

"I just need confirmation that the ten ships which departed from Albion and carried de Mérode's ashes all arrived back on Vaeria."

Director Gerald Jäger:
"Alright"
The Director turned to his phone and typed a quick message.
"If you have the time, follow me into the shuttle, we will fly back to IIA HQ and I will have a secure uplink prepared for you, where you can investigate the logs. For security reasons I cannot allow the logs to be transferred out of designated secure uplinks to the sensor grid. I am certain you understand."

"I certainly understand, Director."

The Lady Regent followed the Director into the shuttle. The shuttle ascended and flew into orbit.

2210.1.3 4:50PM. Höchstburg, IIA HQ.

pFkrTZd.jpg

The shuttle carrying the Director of the IIA and the Lady-Regent of Arcadié descended on Höchstburg. It landed at the Landing pads on top of IIA HQ, a landing pad always busy with Agents arriving and departing as well as with some Dropships arriving and departing as well. The Director walked out the shuttle and offered his hand to the Lady-Regent to help her out the shuttle. The Lady-Regent took the Director's hand and descended from the shuttle. The director smiled and checked his phone

Director Gerald Jäger:
"Alright, Lady Regent. The uplink to the database has been established. I will lead you to level 14, where a terminal will be ready for you."

The Director led her to the elevator. The Lady-Regent followed the Director. As chief of Arcadian police, she appreciated being led around in the centre of law enforcement in the Empire. When the elevator stopped on level 14, the director led the Lady-Regent to a small office in which one desk with a working station and two chairs had been prepared for use.

Director Gerald Jäger:
"This PC will grant you access to the logs on the date in question. All classified military or IIA operations have been redacted, for reasons of clearance. I also took the liberty to grant you access to the case file of Emperor Carolus de Mérode's death. You will also find it on the workstation."

"Thank you Director, your cooperation will hopefully serve to end the concerns of the Arcadian Lords."

The Lady-Regent opens the logs and diligently checks if all ten ships made it back to Vaeria. After several minutes of reading, she can confirm that all ten made it back to Albion. However, for one of the ships there was something peculiar. On the bottom of the log, it read "Reviewed by Oversight: Conclusion minor deviancy of official Records detected; Ship hull configuration of arriving Ship differs slightly from departing ship. Most probable reason: Ship damaged by reentry into atmosphere. Interview of pilot suggested" -> "Pilot interviewed: Reasoning of Oversight confirmed" Underneath this short statement a logo could be found.

PTfUC7D.png

Certainly suspicious, the Lady-Regent thought. She decided to move on and pretend like she didn’t find it peculiar. The Lady-Regent then continued to read Mérode's case file, which confirmed the official story surrounding his death.

"Director, I think I have enough to confirm the official story and conclude my investigation. If you would be so kind as to give your signature on this form which states that I was granted permission into the official records and can confirm the official story based on my findings here?"

Director Gerald Jäger:
"Of course I will sign the confirmation" He signs the document. "Do you wish to take a copy of the case file to your regional Parliament, Lady Regent?"

"That won't be necessary, Director. As you said earlier, for security reasons it would be unsafe to let this information be transferred outside of the designated secure uplinks, even on paper."

Director Gerald Jäger:
"The logs, yes. The case file, however, can be released, if requested. there is nothing classified about it. The Diet actually has access to it."

"Then a copy will come in handy. Thank you Director for your help. I think the Lords in Arcadié will certainly appreciate your work."

Director Gerald Jäger:
"You are very welcome, Milady." He would smile again. "Is there anything else I or the Agency can do for you, while you are here?"

"Thank you Director, but I should work on my report so that the matter can be discussed in the House of Lords soon. If you would be so kind as to lend me one of your shuttles so I can return to Arcadié?"

Director Gerald Jäger:
"Of course" He typed something on his phone again. "A Shuttle will be ready in 15 minutes to fly you back to Arcadié. Do you want a cup of tea or coffee while you wait?"

"Some coffee would be nice, thank you for your kindness, Director."

Director Gerald Jäger:
"It is my pleasure." He led her to a small kitchen on level 14, several Agents were drinking their coffee in there as well, when the Director and the Lady Regent arrived. The director nodded to the other agents and they proceeded as normal. The Director then made two cups of coffee. "Would you like any milk or sugar in your coffee, Lady Regent?"

"Some milk would be nice indeed. Times like these remind me of my time as an gendarme in Arcadian law enforcement. I always liked these brief moments of socializing with my colleagues."

Director Gerald Jäger:
The director handed the Lady her coffee. "Me too, I still like to do that from time to time. I believe in an Agency such as the IIA it is important, that the directorate, the leaderships stays in touch with their subordinates. Trust and loyalty has to go both ways. That's how we handled it in my unit while I was in Spec Ops and the Imperial Honor guard."

"It is probably why the late Emperor chose you for the job. I like to believe he saw similar virtues in me when he appointed me as General of Arcadié's Defence Forces."

Director Gerald Jäger:
"I believe so as well. And believe me, the reformation of the IRG was much needed. The Leadership had become so disconnected with the agents on the ground, it was like two separate entities. The Commandant and his predecessor seemed more interested in the political game, than their actual job. The climate in the Agency has become less toxic and oppressive since my staff and I took over." He sipped from his coffee. "And how is everything in Arcadié? Are the late Emperor's children alright?"

"While it might be a bit early, Arcadié is already preparing for next year's festivities to celebrate 450 years of Mérode rule. It is expected that the late Emperor's children will make their first public appearance since 2205. Of course they never really recovered from the events of 2205-6, but things have improved. Their mother, however, didn't take things so well, she recently fell ill and has been tied to her bed ever since."

Director Gerald Jäger:
"That's a shame, his majesty's children were always such bright little things. I was assigned to guard them several times. And if you meet the Duchess tell her I wish her well. She was a pleasant woman to be around."

"I will certainly tell her that. She mentioned you during my first meeting with her and she could say nothing but kind words about you. You really left the impression of a hard working and honest man on her."

Director Gerald Jäger:
The Director smiled and blushed a bit. "I was raised this way, Milady. Always try to be the best man you can be, that is what my old man used to tell me."

"It is men like you who make this Empire great, Director. I am glad we can all count on the work you do."

Director Gerald Jäger:
"Thank you, milady" He finished his coffee and looked at his wrist watch. "The Shuttle should be ready by now, follow me back to the landing pads"

The Director led the Lady-Regent back to the rooftop and the landing pads. A black shuttle, just like the one that brought them to Höchstburg was being prepared to take off.

Director Gerald Jäger:
"The shuttle is ready for you, Lady Regent. Farewell and good luck with the House of Lords in Arcadié."

"Thank you Director for your kindness and your cooperation. I hope we will meet again."

The Lady-Regent walked up to the ramp of the shuttle and looked back at the Director, giving him a smile before turning around again and entering the shuttle. The Director returned the smile and waved as the shuttle ascended into the sky.

2210.1.5 2:00 PM. Arcadié, House of Lords.

jcg8eLk.png

Lord Speaker Jean Martin:
“Order, order! My Lords, I give the word to Lady-Regent Buenoparte.”

“Thank you, Lord Speaker. My Lords, I have requested this session to report back to you the findings of my investigation into the mysterious death of our late Emperor and Archduke Carolus de Mérode. This investigation was requested by the Count of Marqualle and approved by a majority in this House. With this authority, I set out to inquire with several key witnesses what occurred on that infamous day.
Let’s first start with the official story. The Hollerzollen trial and the siege of Shizra in 2205 forced our beloved Archduke to retreat to Albion. After two years of relative seclusion, with minimal visits from the outside world, de Mérode suffered from a heart attack as the result of stress induced trauma. The Emperor’s funeral was held in Albion itself, with minimal attendance at the request of his family. Carolus de Mérode’s body was cremated on a funeral pyre. After the ceremony, his ashes were loaded into 10 ships, provided by the Church, and his ashes were then spread across our star system.
To confirm this story, I first talked to the late Emperor’s wife, Archduchess Marie de la Fayette. She confirmed the stress her husband was under resulting from the events of 2205. She told me that the Emperor thought his live was in danger and that that was the reason they had moved to Albion instead of the capital. She showed me pictures of the funeral pyre, these were the same pictures that circulated the dark web shortly after de Mérode’s death. All in all, the Archduchess’ testimony confirmed the official story.
I then travelled to Albion to meet with his Holiness Pontifex Maximus J.T. Canisius. His Holiness confirmed the Archduchess’ story. He also told me about the crisis of faith our Emperor was in as a result of the Hollerzollen trial. We know our late Archduke was a very devout man, so a crisis of faith must have added to the stress he was already experiencing.
I then requested to review official documents of the Navy and the IIA from the day our Emperor died. These documents included the Navy’s logs on ingoing and outgoing ships that day and the IIA’s case file on de Mérode. The ship logs confirmed that ten ships containing the Emperor’s ashes left Albion and that all ten returned later that day. The case file of the IIA further lined up with the official story on de Mérode’s death. I have added this file and a statement by the Director of the IIA to my report.
The testimonies of the Pontifex and the Archduchess and the official documents I had gained access to, all confirm the official story. In addition, there were dozens of eye witnesses on the record who confirmed seeing the Emperor’s body being burned on the funeral pyre. There’s an official written statement by the doctor who pronounced the Emperor death. All these things confirm the official story, proving that the case can finally be put to rest.”

“Thank you Lady-Regent, I will now open the floor to questions.” The Count of Marqualle stands up. “Count, the floor is yours.”

Count de Marqualle:
“Thank you Lord Speaker. Lady-Regent, during your excellent investigation, did you at any time encounter any irregularities?”

“I did not encounter any irregularities. The official story is founded by tons of evidence and there is no indication that foul play or tampering was at hand. I can say with 100% certainty that the Emperor died on that fateful day in 2206.”

Count de Marqualle:
“Thank you Lady-Regent.” The Count goes to sit on his seat again, looking satisfied with the answers he got today. No other Lords stand up to question the Lady-Regent.

“As there are no more questions, we will move on to the next topic.”

As the Lord Speaker introduces a debate on some bill on wine exports, Lady-Regent Buenoparte gets up from her seat and leaves the House of Lords. She was glad that the Count de Marqualle finally dropped his suspicions. She was glad no-one asked her about what else she had found, because she knew with a 100% certainty that the official story was made up to cover something up. She had held material evidence in her hands that the Emperor’s ashes were in fact cow’s ashes. But only she knew that, only she had found that out. And she intended on keeping it for herself.

Last edited:
I call cover-up :) Nothing real is ever that neat :D

People's Assembly Coalition Government of 2210
H1AOIhfXZgQ_7uTT8p8gyXfehO7a_9ABOE9L-KQ9WwqaPBTfmq0OGOBVXb_JfAb7GVmh42f8XDJBbQTpDbL6dkMndir5_6VzhmIVS1WQFwp4D_pWJdqXBkSbtOT6rhRQ4Epms_qJ

People’s Assembly coalition announced

After the results have been announced VLG and the Voidcraft Guild have announced to renew their coalition with Samuel Hollerzollen as New Grandmagister. This puts the majority coalition in a comfortable position with 72.5% (290) of the seats in the Assembly.

FP4GyfkIsgzJLYX4Ao7FNL0-HV3jwSF_5gi2rNedxgZBzB-GUVzXVJffO4aIVedfMjECPEAZ8NMz_cswlSybC4VzSPbK1NdLaqceJwILvrt6KrKjg4eMBu1sBVa8D1iNqY8rqj_K

Please remind is there any benefit to getting a supermajority?

The majority gets to put forward the Grandmagister, who is the only commoner who can vote in the Estate's chamber (upper house for nobles and clergy). He is the representative of the people to the nobility. The Grandmagister also gets more Political Power to us in intrigue and stuff.

Getting Constitutional Amendments through the Assembly will be easy now for the Coalition, but the Estates Chamber will still form an obstacle for any real reform.

People's Assembly: Reformation of the Meiji Corporation Guild
59Wuqs8NtAp1NjUv-ExrwPRacK6NJP2OlPBZlww4UXOgqvrR4zgJMtV9uPar13m5PqmDwZJahPslZW_W8eQwcg9-xAOSr66jZUucyUhG1OXze2YKFOT3pVGPBUSlTQXgITCKsh9f

The Reformation of the Meiji Corporation

Oryou Meiji has made the following speech, explaining, why the reformation of the Meiji corporation is necessary:

“We now declare ourselves the United Guilds for Democracy! Gone are the days of misrepresentation, gone is the oppression of nobility of old, and gone is the opaque and corrupt government which seeks power over the people’s will! Our new guild is a coalition that will listen to the worker and represent them until the day where your rule over your own destiny is so direct that this guild is no longer needed.

We hope to create a system where backroom deals and suppression as a tool of control is no longer possible by shadowy nobles who treat the position of emperor like a puppet, who throw their power around in secret agencies, and force their will upon you, the people, all while saying they have your best interests in mind.

We, the Guild, are held accountable by you, the people, in a way far more direct than any noble. We handle your needs and advise you on important matters and, when elections come around and the diet is due to meet, we bend to your whim and ensure your will is enacted on the world because /you/ are the world. You are the people, the Citizenry, the holy children of the gods of Vaeria. And we, the UGD, are at your service.”

zhWMT3tL4C4mkgGp5IovbUlJmeOob679YAvxBYv5JbUA0lMLEhZeeAQnMNO2-EApSrdC17ttAn29z5TVS0lcvH7qq9OChOwclNfg__-1-xC7vNzGTxnZyIOubLzn6iXe1EV8ayUG

This reformation, while at the moment only a change in name and logo, might indicate a change of policy for the future.

Event: The New Prophet (continuation of the Prafist attack event)
nUZ_7y7m3-IMrvOyvG-CyetX8wuw5CW1nB7N6GXOo6-59ViWJi5rWdy3RhZpTVY5qnDs04_86ouCcygVhviTDYVMjAQk0Us1KYUPT8PkZ4PMMqEeY0BGZYZOnYL-AHsp_jS-GhCm

The new Prophet

Rumors are spreading in the Deep Web. A person calling himself the “New Prophet” is telling stories, that spread like wildfire. He tells about the Great War of Unification and the Empire’s atrocities. How the Prafist Purges and the Imperial war propaganda have distorted what Prafism is about and the he will tell the world the word of Praf.

He tells about “what really happened on April 5th at the ruins of the Great Temple of Praf, how he and his comrades have reclaimed the heritage of all Vostokians right under the Church's nose: The Original Book of Praf!

mIjAJABx5L9YmlKFl5U3vs9wH7Jk1WCJnKehyJqia_cOk_0lvLjhHPdV7yQvqEvjrU3xjfn8XC2jMDJMaUeL7NYR9iTPFBjBORAGAA2NE4-h63EhQw2NrzJAEgskZPBkMbgqBD7E

He continues, claiming that the supposed original sealed in the Archives of Albion, by the High Priests of Didecism, who fear the wrath of Praf is a fake, fabricated by the last High-Prafist Ivan Kolimovitch to protect the truth and the faith in Praf. He had hidden it underneath the Great Temple, where it rested, undisturbed and undiscovered by the foolish Children of Arius until he, the heir to Kolimovitch’s legacy, has reclaimed it.

He goes on how he and his “New Knights of Praf” will restore Prafism and lead Humanity into the foretold eternal new golden age, in which humanity will be unshackled by the tyranny of the Pontifex Maximus and his brainwashed lackeys.

Attached to this statement are segments of the Book of Praf, in which the Spirit of Praf preaches about kindness to the faithful and foretells an eternal golden age for humanity under his guidance.

d0ve3EnvWJB3--9uX65oJji7p_5XbVlAzVYdh6YM4Z_wk3A4i1PMwzoNPU4l0452KUs7ePuzC7sE6jXegpp10Dy4MKgJd2zm9MnEsIpyIO3cgYaw7FINZDEEzwi3POijdLUX5h22

“For the Glory of Praf!”

Newsflash: Olivia Canmoore found dead in prison
Ery0nfoOMf9j0PV-ZLzKIEnITJrFMAYOVRVw4rTxrEHPwcR01s1647WAytvL-HaoIhEVRru9UjnNh4GY9tMqdGvFYxpoI2iX-wBlCkb6PWeIQVdIV20R2TVdlS_JR29fgTnGx24O

Olivia canmoore found dead in her cell

After being arrested for High Treason and Conspiracy to commit murder, Olivia canmoore has been found dead in her cell. She has stabbed herself with a makeshift knife and left a suicide video stating the following:

"I am Olivia. A Woman who wished to do good for the empire and yet in the process, I have failed in my own way. With Samuel Hollerzollen free from the charges I had leveled against him I felt immense guilt. In my will to do good for the empire I crossed the boundary of the law. I deserve the fate that would have come across me but I refuse to face the court. A Court of the very same people who claim I was the one who had shot the Honorable General. I Will not stand in front of a trial so that you may all be brainwashed into what they believe....No. I died here. And I will ask everyone outside."

"Judge for yourself."

How she obtained the knife and recorded and released the video remains a mystery, but IIA is investigating it.

Olivia canmoore was highly controversial and many voices say that Canmoore has robbed the Empire of its justice and call for some additional punishment to the Canmoore dynasty, as compensation for the suffering and horror Canmoore has forced upon the Empire.

For better or worse it seems the case Canmoore will remain important for quite some time as even after her suicide, Olivia Canmoore remains polarizing.

V_UgUCg-kUAE19PH7g1O0t0l_tVwcJbUGhjvr3xvBJ01sIWRvfQ_9wzkkaM-swqej2a9ehEcHvU3mXHE8DHjnUARe-UTRBusnFHUUaqovDY_f2D6ak-giVq-tGTQLfOsy8YhP9iI

Olivia Canmoore with her sword in her Archduchy of Shizra (ca. 2205)