• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yeah so this iaar is dead we are waiting for 2.5 to come out and we are prob gonna go for a megacorp
Could be interesting to follow. All the players as different executives etc?

The End of an Era
bL63Hbz2LQCD83tBBMPcUWJso4rmsFt4snxNAHLfB59L1JzxC9JBu3_Adw6mgkXRDCVviCg90pdSCgNsVW4e2DiS-n-KR3StAbXweS-_s5xJxvW8qN6m7uHzm1jVeBfGIAMOrDsD

Judgement Day
After the death of our beloved Emperor John I. Stockwell, the campaign for his succession was fierce, but eventually his daughter Victoria Canmoore won the thorne and was elected Empress of Vaeria. However Grand Duke Philippus di Critelli, her main competitor during the election, prepared an army to march on the capital to take what he considered rightfully his. With this act of Rebellion supported by many of the conservative elements within the Empire he sealed Vaeria’s fate and a brief civil War erupted.

That was five years ago.

Last week the forces of empress Canmoore stood triumphant in Longinia, the capital of the Critelli dynasty, however from what little information we have, it is apparent that the Grand duke was not going down quietly. One of his allies seemingly granted him access to the Imperial Nuclear Arsenal, which he used as a last line of defense.

The first bomb hit Höchstberg, the second Albion. With this a chain reaction started, which caused a nuclear response of the Imperial Forces. At the end of the day almost all major cities lay in ruins and Vaeria is now preparing for the inevitable nuclear winter.

We have long since lost contact to the colonies and can only speculate what will happen to them now, without support from the Homeworld, but maybe just maybe humanity may survive among the stars. But what is clear is that due to the nuclear clouds everywhere no ship may leave Vaeria itself for the next decades, maybe centuries. We are stuck down here.

This is the last message from the Albion Post, we will head to the bunker now and hope for the best, I advise everyone to do the same.

Stay strong Vaeria, we will need this strength to survive the coming hardships.

May the Gods have mercy on our poor souls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello dear readers, in name of myself and the other 3 admins who have been organising this interactive AAR:

We write this to address the future of this IAAR. This was the first IAAR my colleagues and I organized and it was a tremendous learning experience. However due to organizational issues between us Admins as well as issues with the rule set, the premise and some of the players and how we handled situations, we have decided to take a break for now and rework some aspects to make the next IAAR an even better experience.

With Lithoids out this week and Federations well on its way to release in the next two months we thought this the best time to stop, and re-evaluate how things progressed and how and why things tended to escalate within the Role-playing aspect of the IAAR.

We have narrowed it down to several key issues, which we plan to address in the coming weeks, as we prepare for our new IAAR project, which we plan to start with the upcoming Federations DLC.

I hope all of you can understand, that things have become stressful for all of us admins the last weeks, with situations escalating ever more often on the Discord, which we use for the RP, this together with a number of reasons is why we decided to end this project here and rework aspects of the rules and the entire basic premise, so that we can offer a better experience and environment for you the viewers as well as the players.

Me and my colleagues hope that all of you stay tuned and interested and will follow our next project just like this one, we assure you that we plan to make the next one even better. When we can start this successor, I will post a link here to direct you to it.

Thanks for sticking with us so long and I hope we can see a lot of you back in our next endeavour.

I just want to say that I perfectly understand. iAARs can be fraught experiences.

I wish you all well and will look forward to future projects.

Best of luck next time!

New iAAR announced! Rise of the Republic - a Semi-Interactive AAR
For those of you who followed this iAAR and were eagerly awaiting the next installment: here it is: Rise of the Republic - A Semi-Interactive Stellaris AAR. With some changes to the ruleset and set-up of our world, we are ready to roll again once Federations is out and we will be playing with the new DLC as well. This will add some interesting dynamics to interstellar diplomacy and will definitely stir up some debates in our Senate. So please come along us on this journey, or just read all about it in the iAAR and/or the Discord, everyone is welcome to follow/play along us!

Hope to see all of you there.

Tom D.