• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, this is what I want to do: Cuba 1936 after Spanish civil war. A new temporary country (doesn’t matter what it’s called since I’m only going to fight with it, on research or diplomacy. But let’s call the new country “Partisan”) forms at Guantánamo bay. Declares war on Cuba. Annex Cuba. But I still want to play as Cuba. This is to simulate a civil war. Some communists that want to radicalize Cuba. So when annexing is done I want to play as a new newly formed Cuba. So I edit that so that can be done. I make Cuba communist’s. Then I wonder if I could delete all the events that Cuba has? Because they probably wont fit in my “new” Cuba. What I want to ask if that could lead into any trouble. Like if some other country is “depending” on one of Cuba’s event and then it all ends up in a big fat “ERROR”. And I don’t want that any other country has some kind of events that regard me. Because that wouldn’t be realistic. Because this is communist Cuba. Not socialdemocratic Cuba. If you don’t understand this either… tell me :)

And what about Relationship’s with other countries? Do I have to that all by my self or will that happen by it self.

And I’m trying to make Åland (just to try) but I can’t find my country, what do I have to press so I an choose U11(Or in my case U00)? Pic:

00000000001problem-1.jpg

Thanks for helping me out.

1.I think the cuban events are just some coups for the AI.You don't have to delete them.
2.The game automatically sets some relations.If you want special ones(eg. bad with USA) you have to moddify that in the editor(at country,I think)
3.It's weird.Normally the countries should appear there.Are you sure everything in your installation is fine? :wacko:

How do you make it so that it is like when Nationalist spain seperated from republican spain? I tried looking into it but it was confusing

Edit: nevermind, it was in the events

Last edited:
HokosPokos said:
Okay, this is what I want to do: Cuba 1936 after Spanish civil war.

I would actually do things a bit "backwards".
1) Mod your preferred Cuba as you see fit keeping the CUB tag.
2) Make the "OTHER CUBA" using one of the U tags or even something like AXI which is never used for anything else. Have an event freeing it, perhaps defecting your units as well. It would be like Nationalist Spain revolting. Give it a name like "Fascist Cuba".
3) Have the other Cuba use the ministers you are trying to depose, and sleep them from your Cuba.
4) When you annex this "rogue" state, go on your merry way. Paradox added Communist teams to Cuba, so if your intent is to be communist you can just deactivate the normal teams and activate the communist ones by event.

If you do this you can play without save and reload.

To see how the events are written take a look at either my own mod or CCIP.

Last edited:
I can't seem to be able to add victory points to provinces. I have done everything to format it correctly but still no good. I made a copy of teh 1936 scenario and moved it. I s the game somehaow still reading that one? I also used teh editior to move province control around a bit, would modding the game files somehow not work anymore if you used the editor? I'm confused and frustrated, can someone please help me?

How do you remove a country? For example, I want to remove Cuba from the game and give it's territory to the CSA. I know that I have to set the territory in the CSA.inc file, but how do I get the game to stop looking for Cuba?

If I just pull the inc file the game crashes. I guess I should just modify the file to remove just Cuba's military so it still see's the file but it's doesn't doesn't show up.

Ok, just pulling the military units doesn't work. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove a country from a sceanrio?

Micah Goodman 2 said:
How do you remove a country? For example, I want to remove Cuba from the game and give it's territory to the CSA. I know that I have to set the territory in the CSA.inc file, but how do I get the game to stop looking for Cuba?
There are so many references to Cuba that its a royal pain to remove each one. There are only 4 lines to change in the 1936.eug file but you'd also have to look at each and every country's .inc file for any references to CUB, so I would say
1) in your inc file for CSA, assign the Cuban provinces ONLY as national provinces, not as owned or controlled.
2) in the CUB.inc file add the line
regular_id = CSA (this way you get the units)
3) create your own custom event for CSA to inherit Cuba:
event = {
id = 1266666
random = no
country = CSA

name = "Mod setup"
desc = "Mod setup"
style = 0

date = { day = 0 hour =1 month = january year = 1936 }

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = inherit which = CUB }
command = { type = belligerence value = -5 }
}
}

Micah Goodman 2 said:
Ok, just pulling the military units doesn't work. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove a country from a sceanrio?

After opening the editor and loading the 1936( or the required) scenario, you remove(click "remove" after selecting Cuba) Cuba. This deletes any informations regarding this country in the 1936 scenario. It's provinces will remain unclaimed. You then assign them as national/controlled/owned provinces for CSA.

That if you want to use the DD editor.