• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sagimine1 said:
well how can i add more tech team and have more than one tech slot to add teams?

You can't have more then one,sorry :(
However,adding tech temas,OOB or ministers is quite simple.I'll post soon a tutorial for them ;)

Miihkali said:
No, it's Ahvenammaa

Ahvenanmaan-vähäpätöinen-mutta-silti-autonominen-ruotsalaisten-asuttama-löntti-kartassa

should be the official name.

Oh and the Flag archive link doesnt work for me :(

ummm thats not exactly what i meant. let me explain the best way that i can country like the USA have like three space and country like Haiti have one space so to put more space? also how to modify tech team skills if you can.

Testing out my first country now!

edit: SUCCESS! Thanks for the first tutorial I've ever understood :D

edit: now how do I change my nation's color and how do I set it to have certain technologies already researched?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
sagimine1 said:
ummm thats not exactly what i meant. let me explain the best way that i can country like the USA have like three space and country like Haiti have one space so to put more space? also how to modify tech team skills if you can.

a.more spaces in the game,you mean?well,that space comes with the IC.Tou have to mod the IC in order to have more spaces
b.when you are,in the editor,at the tech teams screen,tyhere is a space for skill,under the space for Photo id.You write there the skill(1,2,3,etc.)

Santiago3:Thanks.If you want to change the colour:you have the "country" file in doomsday/db.There you have all colours for all nations,including Uxx.
Open the editor.Go to scenarios and select the scenario where your nation is in(please note that,fog EG,if you create a country in '44,it won't be playable from start in '41,just to be released),go to technology and select infantry or anything else(armored,navy...).You will se with green the technologies that,when the game starts,are researched and with blue the technologies not researched.Select a blue one,right click on it and select "ADD ASS TECH"

Van der Gent said:
It's not called Aland! ROAR!!! It's called Åland. :D

So should Iasi be Iaşi, Constanta be Constanţa, Timisoara be Timişoara, Bacau be Bacău, Beltsy be Bălţi, Ploiesti be Ploieşti, Pitesti be Piteşti, Brasov be Braşov, Chisinev be Chişinău (or Kishinev if you prefer Russian). ;)

Crush3r said:
So should Iasi be Iaşi, Constanta be Constanţa, Timisoara be Timişoara, Bacau be Bacău, Beltsy be Bălţi, Ploiesti be Ploieşti, Pitesti be Piteşti, Brasov be Braşov, Chisinev be Chişinău (or Kishinev if you prefer Russian). ;)
In fact it was PLOEŞTI,at that time :D

hgt said:
In fact it was PLOEŞTI,at that time :D

It was also CLUJ and not CLUJ-NAPOCA at that time (the renaming happened to emphasize that the settlement was based on an ancient settlement - same for TURNU SEVERIN turned DROBETA-TURNU SEVERIN)

Okay, I might have done something completely wrong but when I try to save the world_names.csv it gives an error message and says that I can't save it because it's read-only file. How can I save it?

Takku said:
Okay, I might have done something completely wrong but when I try to save the world_names.csv it gives an error message and says that I can't save it because it's read-only file. How can I save it?

Right-click in the world-names file. There is some settings in bottom of the info screen where one says "read only" (as I think you're Finnish, if you're using Finnish windows, there should be "vain luku"). Click the cross away from it, and press OK. Then you can save the file again.

Lord Finnish said:
Right-click in the world-names file. There is some settings in bottom of the info screen where one says "read only" (as I think you're Finnish, if you're using Finnish windows, there should be "vain luku"). Click the cross away from it, and press OK. Then you can save the file again.
Kyllä vaan :D

Thanks a lot :)

hgt said:
if you do not believe me:
Anybody else thought this was particularly hilarious?

Crush3r said:

An Å and an A is a lot more different in pronounciation.

I’m trying to make a temporary country that I will use just for a few months in the game. The scenario is exactly like the Spanish civil war. A new country forms in an old country and declares war on the latter country. The problem is simply this: I’m a total noob at modding.

I encounter the first problem when I’m going to use the editor. It’s just a .csv file. Is it supposed to be that? I read at the bottom of the file:
T_WINDOW_REG_ERROR;Window Registration Failed!;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;x
T_MAP_ERROR;Failed to Initialize the Map;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;x
T_TEXT_ERROR;Failed to read text database!;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;x
T_WINDOW_ERROR;Window creation failed!;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;x
I assume something gone wrong. What have I done wrong and how can I fix it?

And how do I make so my newly formed country has cores on its “motherland”. And what about counters, do I make them myself (and in that case, how? If there are some do’s and do not’s). Or is there anyone who already made some counters? I intend to use a flag similar to the rebel flag. Basically the same flag… (The lower one) Any counters for that one?

http://xie.dyndns.org/~flagdir/view...=1&category=1&game=1&govt=1&descr=&sourceURL=

What I was planning when I’ve annexed the “motherland” is that I play (after some modding) as the “motherland”. Or is there a better way of doing this? Does someone even understand what I mean :p ? Anyway, when I am playing the “motherland” I was thinking on deleting all it’s vanilla events (since they won’t fit in my game). Could that lead into trouble? Like if some other country rely on one of those events. It’s a Minor/MicroPower I’m going to play (Cuba).

(Or is it better to make my own thread for this?)

HokosPokos said:
I’m trying to make a temporary country that I will use just for a few months in the game. The scenario is exactly like the Spanish civil war. A new country forms in an old country and declares war on the latter country. The problem is simply this: I’m a total noob at modding.

I encounter the first problem when I’m going to use the editor. It’s just a .csv file. Is it supposed to be that? I read at the bottom of the file:
T_WINDOW_REG_ERROR;Window Registration Failed!;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;x
T_MAP_ERROR;Failed to Initialize the Map;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;x
T_TEXT_ERROR;Failed to read text database!;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;x
T_WINDOW_ERROR;Window creation failed!;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;@;x
I assume something gone wrong. What have I done wrong and how can I fix it?

And how do I make so my newly formed country has cores on its “motherland”. And what about counters, do I make them myself (and in that case, how? If there are some do’s and do not’s). Or is there anyone who already made some counters? I intend to use a flag similar to the rebel flag. Basically the same flag… (The lower one) Any counters for that one?

http://xie.dyndns.org/~flagdir/view...=1&category=1&game=1&govt=1&descr=&sourceURL=

What I was planning when I’ve annexed the “motherland” is that I play (after some modding) as the “motherland”. Or is there a better way of doing this? Does someone even understand what I mean :p ? Anyway, when I am playing the “motherland” I was thinking on deleting all it’s vanilla events (since they won’t fit in my game). Could that lead into trouble? Like if some other country rely on one of those events. It’s a Minor/MicroPower I’m going to play (Cuba).

(Or is it better to make my own thread for this?)

you should reinstall the game...
if you use the editor, you just have to add the provinces of the "motherland" to the newly created country as "national provinces"

with the counters,I'm preety sure they've been made.Still, ask in the Graphic request thread.

You confused me a bit.Could you explain better what you want to do?