• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(48100)

Field Marshal
Aug 30, 2005
As my other AARs are on the wrong PC and my LAN connection currently doesn't work I can't go on with them. But I have one week holydays and no friend is here. Also I have nothing planned so I have nothing to do than to play CK. :D

Now I decided to write a new AAR. This time I won't conquer the world as I have done that before and I also won't try to teach the game. I will do that as soon as I can get my saves on this PC again. You will see what my goal is in around an hour.

Hour has passed..;)

This game I play as Germany in 1066. I won't write that much as I am no good writer and VILenin does good work with his AAR. But I will have a different one. That much I can promise.

The AAR starts in 1090. Here is a map of it. Quite big but I hope this is ok.
14nt2.jpg

As you can see the Seljuks ate up Byzantium. They are still at war and will probably annex them completly. There was a first crusade, I joined it and took Egypt. A grandson is now King of Egypt and the French own Delta as they joined my crusade. Meanwhile I made peace with the Fatimids, which only own El-Arish. I have not conquered anything yet, or at least nothing I own now too. Only Aragon (which won against the bigger Navarra) and a few Castillian lands still exist in Spain. There was no (successful) crusade in the balticum yet and Cuman will be annexed soon.

23qd.jpg
41sz.jpg

50uy.jpg
60fx.jpg

72ov.jpg
89en.jpg

30hf.jpg

The royal family. Guntram fits best as last one. I only post the sons since the daughters are unimportant in this AAR.

Seems, like Sergio is the best son.
Which kingdom does his son own?

CSK said:
Egypt. Strangely he isn't my heir although I have salic consanguinity. Heir was then Eckhard.

it is the base martial stat that counts, Eckhard is stressed so his stats are modified

Institute elective at once!:D

The first thing I did in 1090 was finding one Duke to crush. First the big ones I thought and asked Saxony to give up the titles Count of Kleve and Braunschweig. I thought I would have to fight for it, but...
111na.jpg

... He accepted. :eek: To both, I just don't have a screenie of the first.

92ls.jpg

This is the guy.

So I think I just go on and ask him for more,
125zv.jpg

but when I revoke his title Duke of Saxony he says no.

I now wanted to annex him, but meanwhile the Duke of Kärnten got rebellious and declared independence. I couldn't do much as my badboy was quite high and gave one of my grandsons Kleve and Braunschweig. He would be the future Duke of Saxony.
139ye.jpg

Now the Pope had called for the next crusade. This time to Jerusalem, but I didn't go there as I wanted Kärnten first. The French, my allies, dowed the Emir of Jeusalem but never conquered it.
149mm.jpg

Kärnten refuses to get vassal although I have only 0.7 BB (from now on I call -0.7 from reputation 0.7 BB, not sure if this is right or not). So I declare war, send men from Austria, Swabia and Bavaria to take them.
155nx.jpg

Eckhard dies. I don't care, look at his stats!
165vq.jpg

175ca.jpg

I annex Kärnten. Stupid buggers would have survived much longer if they had accepted to be a vassal. Not that they wouldn't get annexed though.

290eo.jpg

Another grandson of the King gets the land. He is italian like his mother so he will be Duke of Verona first. He doesn't own land in Verona though. (Screenshot taken in 1096, while this was in 1091)

Now I see that the Emirate of Jerusalem isn't taken yet. France never got there but made peace. I lose 1.5 piety and so go and declare war on Jerusalem. Hopefully the crusade will end then and I get 0.9 piety again.

185qo.jpg

Here the ruler of Jerusalem, which will be annexed soon.

I send 10 000 men from my own demsne in Ravenna (the bishop there got Pope), Franken and some from the Duchess of Toscana. Around 9000 arrive there.

194hu.jpg

The men in Jaffa are mine, the Emir fights against Croatians.

205te.jpg

The Templar Order wanted land when I had annexed Jerusalem. I went to get piety and not to own land and give it to them. They get Hebron.

218xf.jpg

Hospitalers asked for Acre. I give it to them. The same reason.

I built a church in Jerusalem (we go on a crusade to take back a church in Jerusalem and then there is none. Now they have a German one. :D) and a monastery in Tiberias. I also built some castles as I don't want to keep the land and the new owner should keep it. I also let my men go home.

229xw.jpg

The Emirate of Aleppo DoWs me after I have disbanded my men! Again a suicide attack, seems they get more often in the release canditate. I then look on the guy that attacks me and...

235vc.jpg

This little boy declares war on the strongest realm in the game! :eek:
He has around 5000 men, I have 150 000. Idiot.

280ss.jpg

Meanwhile I DoW Saxony and my men surround the only province of the Duke. They were vassals when I did this. The dark red in Mecklemburg is Denmark. I don't care. I want to expand the land of my family in the realm and not outside. (I had taken Alexandria because of the piety and my goal is to give land only to male familymembers with the same surname, which are no country cousins)

245qv.jpg
257nr.jpg

Lüneburg taken, asked for peace and they accepted. Well, they had to.

269xa.jpg

Remember Otto? He's now Duke.

278gs.jpg

And here's his land.

Question: Should I change the pictures so they are in the center? Next update in around an hour. (binTravkin now knows what an hour is in my terms :D)

Edit: Ok, I changed my mind. I know this update would cost me around an hour and it's already eleven here. Next update tomorrow.

Last edited:
Meanwhile the war against Aleppo goes on. And then this.
309ze.jpg

There's a sheik of Ile de France? :confused: (Aleppo had sent a part of their army there and the French did neither defend it nor take it back)

314od.jpg

2000 of my men get attacked by 3500 from Aleppo and...

327th.jpg

Win! :eek:

Aleppo's men just ran away in a battle they would have won.

335kv.jpg

Paris is saved! The French didn't seem to even try to take it. And that although the muslims had no men there.

349sn.jpg

Hallelluiah, the Pope finds it out after a year.

353xr.jpg

Well, he's an old man.

364lk.jpg

Half a year later Jerusalem gets catholic. Really fast, the only thing I did was trying to force convert and building a church and a monastery. But the force conversions didn't work and thus I thought I would have to kill more than that it would happen for free.

377od.jpg

With italian reinforcements Aleppo is taken and they are annexed.

380gw.jpg

Five months after that Aleppo is catholic.

So now I have no screenshots of it as the game got a bit stressy because of another war. First I took lands in Sinai etc. they were only sheiks and I just marched through them without fight. They were not worth a screenshot. The reason for this wars was that I wanted to give my son this land but didn't want to own it myself. So I needed to take it to make him King of Jerusalem.

But then I declared war on the Emir of Tripoli or however his name was. He is the light green one on the map, in the north of Jerusalem that owns Cyprus, Rhodos and now even some Ageian Isles. I didn't look on the men he had at all and so got crushed badly many times. I lost Jerusalem three times to take it back. The Hospitalers sent me 250 men. But they were not in Jerusalem but in Franken! Now they had marched to Franken just to march home again.
397jb.jpg

Here the Hospitalers in Franken.

Then the Bavarians took Aleppo (which I lost) and everything north of Beirut that the Emir owned. Instead of helping me they conquered for themselves! Now I was annoyed by the Duke and revoked his ducal title. To make it a bit clearer. The Duke landed with 5000 men in Ascalon. I tried to defend Jerusalem with 2000 men against 5000 and lost. The Duke didn't help me but sailed to Alexandretta. :mad:
408uc.jpg

That was the revenge.

415hc.jpg

And he gave it up! :eek:

423qn.jpg

The war was somehow really annoying. Enough for the King, who now got depressed because he lost a huge part of land to take it back until he lost a battle. Then they took it back again and so on. The war costed me around 15000 men. But the most provinces recovered completly when I didn't use the men, so that's not so bad.

Looking good there. Quite rare to see an HRE AAR.

Lurken said:
Looking good there. Quite rare to see an HRE AAR.
Thanks. But there is another one right now.;)

Although this is rather different with the replacing of Dukes. My only problem is that I run out of grandsons. The only son that has grandsons which have no land ran away to Bremen because I refused to make him chancellor. My chancellor has 14 and he 6. Now I need new kids. But two sons already breed again. And they are still young enough.

You do have a rather violent way of subjugating your vassals. I love it! :D

Tried to post this last night but the server wouldn't let me. :confused:

Looking good CSK, I might take some notes on gameplay for the future. :D It looks like you've had an interesting game so far; I've never seen the Seljuks steamroll the Byzantines like that! :eek: Keep up the good work.

Oh, and thanks for mentioning my AAR. :)

I wanted to make another update yesterday, but the internet connection didn't work. Now it's possible and I will post it in one hour or two.

@Pirate Z: I just wonder they give it up so fast. I always thought they would all declare war as soon as you do that.

@VILenin: Yes the game was really funny to see. Especially the Cuman Empire is now a four provinces count with a count as vassal who has a count as vassal. The byzantines are annexed by now. The only christian land that survived the Seljuks is the Principality of Pelleppones (spelling?). They lost their last province to the Emirate of Tripoli, the one I wiped out.