• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's a horrible diplomacy rating. Good thing you have a good chancellor. France is getting pretty big, to say nothing of the Seljuks. Hopefully one or both will collaps into civil war and save you the trouble of having to fight them.

VILenin said:
That's a horrible diplomacy rating. Good thing you have a good chancellor. France is getting pretty big, to say nothing of the Seljuks. Hopefully one or both will collaps into civil war and save you the trouble of having to fight them.
France isn't that big and not so stable that they are a real pain. The Seljuks are both. Too stable and too big. If they attack a vassal of mine I will not be able to keep it. Even though they have less men, they have them too near. And I would have to get there. With attrition this will be impossible. Means if they attack Germans will kneel before a turkish Sultan!

That won't happen. I promise, even if I die on it I will fight them.

Btw. What do you think of the maps? Should I keep them or are they bad? They are quite a lot of work and although I think they are good to show what I mean I don't know if one watches them or just has a small view on it and then doesn't care anymore.

Please give me feedback about everything, I need it to make my AARs better.

I appreciate the maps, the big ones included. It makes it easier to understand what's going on. For me it's easier to see something than to just read it. I would say the work on the graphics is worth it as long as it doesn't become too much of an effort.

really like the maps. hope the AAR is not dead, looking forward to see the Frankens secure their rule of the HRE.

Fnuco said:
really like the maps. hope the AAR is not dead, looking forward to see the Frankens secure their rule of the HRE.
No it's not really dead, just on hold until I have time. I hope I can write again in the easter holydays. I now have only two days anymore until I have enough time again.

Sabaron said:
So, did you have time to play over the Easter holidays? :D
Did I have time? Yes.
Did I play? No.

In fact I haven't played since last session of the Great Game 2. And that was the only CK game I play since months. So said, I wanted to, but was only at home for the second week, and was doing other things rather than play CK (like EU2, which I started again this year, or no playing at all).

I hope I get back to this game, but I can't really say when, only that it won't be until may.

really like the AAR so far. its refreshing to see a game where establishing a dynasty is more important then WC can't wait for the next update

Part 1

Thanks. Sometimes I wonder myself about that.

Apologies, but I seem to have played on some time and don't know what I did then. So we'll have to skip Otto's reign. It was rather uneventful anyway.

If you wonder, I play 1.05 with Veld's mod. And the save works without problems.

1ry6.jpg

We start the necromancy with a death. You probably expected that. How else should necromancy work? Johann is King now.

2ro0.jpg

Don't ask me why the King of England is Italian. Or why I made a screenshot here, that's one from weeks ago. Only important thing it tells is that Johann's brother married.

Edit: Sorry, I changed my keyboard as the other one is rather annoying when writing as the space doesn't really work and I had to reboot to write on with the other.

3gs1.jpg

I think I'll call that the German event. IIRC I had no King without it until now.

4zk0.jpg

Guntram is Johann's second eldest son. He's also one of the most powerful men in the world with three years. Why is nobody surprised by that?

5cl8.jpg

Sigfried is Guntram's elder brother. He's even more powerful and owns more land than for example Poland. Still nobody surprised?

6qh2.jpg

First picture from todays session. I could say a lot about Johann, but I won't. He has realm duress and a crappy diplomacy. That's it. And he probably has the best advisors in the whole world. If one dies someone nearly as good replaces him.

7cs9.jpg

Guntram a few years later. Just like his father, he managed to get realm duress. I wonder if it is a disease only von Frankens get?

8yf8.jpg

Sigfried died a few years after the screenshot and his bastard brother took over the Duchy that as well could be a Kingdom. And as his brother he already has realm duress. That can't end well.

9cl1.jpg

To show Guntram's realm. Pretty big, isn't it?

10th0.jpg

If you found Guntram's Duchy big, that's Gerlach's.

Last edited:
Part 2

11jz7.jpg

Hah! The King got her pregnant! And two out of three possible outcomes are good. Daughter is the bad one, you may guess the other two yourself.

12pq9.jpg

You know I hate that. He get's independent, costs me 25 piety and all that only to

13lw2.jpg

Pledge allegiance again. Argh!

14an0.jpg

Don't ask me why I'm at war with Beni Helal. Somehow I happen to be. And don't ask me why they besiege Corsica. But my brave Italian warriors manage to kill them off short after this picture in a 2:1 battle. They have nowhere to run and are annihilated.

15ww5.jpg

The Tunisian air seems not to be good for Johann, he get's ill. Probably the fish market. Who wouldn't get ill there?

16au5.jpg

And it seems he managed to have even a worse diplomacy skill than his father now. Now that's something really rare.

17dw2.jpg

Ok guys, we outnumber them 2:1, they attack us and we took Tunis some days before. We actually can't lose, can we?

18tq0.jpg

Yay! One of the good outcomes! Although the worse of the two good.

19fe6.jpg

Here's a picture of the little bugger. Isn't he cute? And he seems to have his mother's diplomacy skill. Good.

20ga1.jpg

And I end the second part of this update with a picture of something I could have posted all the time. This guy really annoys me, he goes independent, pledges back, goes independent and so on. Next time he goes independent he'll stay it. He certainly has costed me around 100 piety until now!

I remember reading this AAR when I was waiting for my CK to arrive. (it took 2 and a half months and 1 change of Internet shop for it to arrive)

Ahh, good memories, nice to see this back.

Nice AAR! How do you get all those people to pledge alleigances? I want people to pledge allegiance to me (in my AAR).

Part 3

Yeah, truly good times then. I have some nice memories as well. That was one of the reasons I restarted it when I saw I still had a save. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

21jz8.jpg

Once again a ruler named Alexios rules Constantinople. Only one thing is bad about him, he's a Seljuk.

22xt2.jpg

Beli Helal wanted peace in the 'the heathens are splintered' event. Of course I refused as I wanted to get zealous. The piety should be reason enough. Yes I could get it really fast with creating Bishoprics, but then I'd give land to a non- von Franken. So this isn't allowed. Yeah, sometimes this rule sucks badly.

23mq3.jpg

*Makes Mister Burns pose with hands* Excellent.

24fd5.jpg

My grand battle plan in Tunis, charge the 5000 enemies with 6000 of myself and let the Genoese, my vassal, help me with their 6000. If you wonder where the ships go, that's the Genoese, they go home.

25yr3.jpg

Don't ask me why the Zirids still exist with only one province in France and the French don't attack them. Or why they are allied with Catholics in Bourbon. Or why the wife of the Count of Bourbon, the Duchess of Castille, is allied to the Muslims in Albaracin. Honestly, I have no clue.

26ic8.jpg

Yeah, Beni Helal took nearly all of Tunisia back. Now watch my grand battle plan. 5000 men under Johann take Mahdia while 3000 men of his vassals run into the enemy's 8000.

27ud8.jpg

We fight an even number of enemies. That's the outcome. From now on I count that as success.

28vk2.jpg

4000 against 5000 while defending Tunis. Oh well, what did I expect when I sent French and Italian in the war?

29bw1.jpg

I see Genoa has 8000 men in the province and decide to help them besieging. Then a 5000 men army of the enemy, which happens to be his last, attacks us. Instead of helping their King, the Genoese once again decide to run away and let him die in the desert. Great! I ran away after I made the picture.

30of7.jpg

Here it is! The first Victory in the whole war against them since Corsica! And we only had 5000 men against the enemy, who happened to have low morale from earlier battles. And when he had only 800 men left the Genoese and with them the King decided to partionate in the battle and overrun the rest with 14 000 men. Yeah, that happens if you let French and Italians fight for you.

Last edited:
Part 4

Last part for today. I had to make four as I can't have more than 10 screenies per post.

Kramari: Thanks. To answer your question, I'm their natural overlord. Means if they are part of your realm (as for example Krain is part of the Kingdom of Germany, you see it if you want to create a Kingdom) they will pledge to you should your reputation be respectable and they got independent through something else than war. If they were at war with you you'll have to wait for your ruler to die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

31is2.jpg

German Tunis. Yes I changed Germany's colour since last time I posted. I have 50% power for the cleric and build churches everywhere to get piety from conversions right now.

32ns1.jpg

I started this update with a death, and I'll end it with one. Johann tried to win the trophy for most ridiculous death ever. Still Barbarossa holds it IMHO, but he's close. After having finished off Beni Helal Johann decided to go on and attacked the Sheiks in the east of Tunis. First one he took, in the second battle he died while he had 7000 men and the enemy 1000. About the glorious, he was killed while running away.

33ei2.jpg

And now the bastardson is King. Somehow this reminds me of my Georgia in the MP I'm in. The Kings both are bastards, they both got King through elective law and they both were nine years old when they did so. Conspiracy! :eek:

34zx6.jpg

At least he doesn't have realm duress anymore. He still sucks at diplomacy though.

35gx5.jpg

And once again I end this with a picture of the whole map. You should remember I'm yellow now and the Seljuks are light blue, so no Norwegian Constantinople. And yes, France is the whole huge thing over Iberia and France. The Seljuks seem to have problems with their vassals. Not that I would have a problem with that.

Yes, the Seljuks went Greek. The whole ruling family of the Seljuks is Greek now, and the power base is exactly what the ERE once had been.

Don't ask me why the all get sick and have no diplomacy. I think I'll have to breed a bit more for fertility, health and diplomacy with my kids. Having only one adult von Franken (the King's brother) who has only one son and another two of Johann's children is just too less. And I have around two to three sons per male von Franken (the females have more) of which one dies as child is just too less.

I've just read through the whole AAR, and it's an interesting concept you have. Too bad the kingdoms of Jerusalem and Egypt got wiped away.

And you realy need to have the next king breed like 8 sons or something :)

Part 1

The Kingdom of Jerusalem and Egypt still exists. The orange parts in Egypt is Jerusalem. Alexandria is the capital.

And I tend to agree with you, I really need more kids. I thought about breeding the next twenty years just to have enough kids to give lands to, but that would be boring. :rolleyes: So I don't really know what to do, maybe I'll just kick out even more Dukes while I wait for kids to give the Duchies away.

Update in the making, though you shouldn't expect it earlier than two hours from now, rather three.

Edit: Took a bit longer than I thought. So let's start.

1dn5.jpg

As you can see I decided to post more information in one screenie both to shorten down the amount of words and screenies to upload. I went with the first if you wonder.

2aq2.jpg

Extra for you Shuma, Jerusalem is still there, although rather weak.

3gw9.jpg

Okay, could someone please tell me why this guy is not only healthy but also has four sons while my Kings tend to have only two to three and always die of illness?

4sb8.jpg

I could post four screenshots, but why if I can do it all in one crappy? I don't think I have to explain too much. Good reputation makes me destroy some of my Dukes. That's it.

5it4.jpg

6uv2.jpg

Tough Soldier and probably some others too give a plus to health. With the rate of dying von Frankens in my court I rather take it.

7lw6.jpg

The outcome of this war. I tend not to get more than one title in these wars as they'll pledge sometime in the future anyway and I want my reputation to be good to kill more Dukes at the same time.

8oi4.jpg

Meissen get's incorporated again.

9rk2.jpg

You know, sometimes you are 3000 in debt and wait for this event to fire and nothing happens, and sometimes you have more than 6000 gold and you get this event. Argh!

Last edited: