• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lorentxus

Recruit
2 Badges
Mar 14, 2022
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
Hello guys,

I am currently playing a multiplayer game with two friends and we all started in America. I got Kaqchiquel (for mayan purposes that did not happen) and we are playing the plain game, none of the DLC's nor MOD's. My question is, if I change my capitol into Europe, would my American territories (being nearly 100 % of my lands) become a colony? And therefore, would they be stronger than me and wanting independence?

Thanks.
:)

As long as you fulfill the usual requirements, your american provinces would become colonial nations if you move your capital to Europe. If they become disloyal depends on their size and how much territory you still own. But it is likely.

Given the right conditions to keep my American territories under my command after moving the capitol, would you consider it to be a good move? Wouldn't it be "dangerous" for my friends that are less powerfull in America if I don't ally them?

If something is a good move is a question which can't be answered properly without much much more information about your campaign, your goals, playstyle and experience.
I suggest that you look at the benefits that colonial nations give(I'm not sure which ones apply without DLCs), add the state maintenance and governing capacity for the provinces which you will lose and then compare that to the direct benefits which you now get from the provinces.