• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(47937)

First Lieutenant
Aug 25, 2005
Hi everybody.

this will be my first AAR. I decided to do an AAR about guatemala as I haven't seen such an AAR before.
first post will come tomorrow.
anyway, I'm playing with DD 1.2 and the settings are easy/normal
I picked easy as it is hard enough as it is, playing a minor. Though very easy isn't much of challenge, is it?

the game has already started and i have already played for half a year.
will try to post screenies too, though I haven't registered at imageshack.

see you tomorrow

Hmm sounds interesting, cant wait for the first update. And im sure you dont need to register to use imageshack, as i never needed to register when i used it.

AOK 11 well, let's say that democracy is not exactly the point of view of our superb guatemalan government.

foriavik Guess conquering the world will be a little above my reach. but let's start with middle-america.

While I am busy, I might give you a clue about what happened in the first half year.
first, el salvador was annexed reasonably early. this gave our glorious country some extra IC (well, okay, it almost doubled our IC)
next, some extra divisions were recruited. Due to manpower issues, we had to recruit from peasants, and had to give them only light arms.
Though modernisation was high on our list, no real new technologies have been researched. we have so far only succeeded in supplying our industry with some basic machine tools.
next, the army has gotten some new armoured cars to play with.

On the intel front, we have succeeded in repelling all enemy spies from our country.
next update will come quite soon, I think

I will now quote the speech by our glorious leader, mr castaneda:

glorious people of guatemala,
We have succeeded in taking over honduras. this anschluss will give us some extra industrial possibilities.
My government and I, we are already taking you into a new era.
This will be an era of greatness, an era of valor, an era of guatemalan greatness.
Our intelligence department has already succeeded in wiping out all enemy spies on our territory, while our troops are now busy wiping out the honduran partisans.
We shall give you richess, greatness, and a reason to be proud of your nationality. WE WILL REUNITE ALL OF SPANISH AMERICA UNDER ONE FLAG, OUR FLAG.

meanwhile this advertisement was found in a guatemalan newspaper:

The guatemalan government is looking for commanding officers willing to join the militia.
Also, the technical department is looking for manufacturers of weapons, willing to share their technology.

meanwhile, in other newspapers, controlled by the guatemalan government a report was published of what the guatemalan military was now researching.

a few pages further, a report was published on the production of our glorious government. also, a report was published about our economical status.

our president, mr castaneda made a statement:
with the capture of honduras, we have now become perfectly self-sufficient.
we now produces the resources we need to maintain a steady production.
our next step will be to modernise our industrial base, while we prepare to liberate all of spanish america.
LONG LIVE GUATEMALA

nice update! why do you have so much in CG? just pour the ic into supplies and trade them for money if you need it

LoL!

AOK. 11 said:
Excellent idea. What does "american fascism" mean from your title?

Waiting for first update..

Well... you've certainly earned that Old Glory avatar next to your name. :p

Lots of people call themselves Americans who don't happen to live in the United States thereof. You know... folks from South AMERICA, for example. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cool! Guatemala! The most fun I've ever had playing HOI was Siam in HOI1 (joined the Axis) and Portugal in HOI2 (again, Axis.)

Looking good so far, I assume you will liberate the SW USA from the "gringos" :p .

Lifeless : I get a huge dissent hit every time I declare war upon someone, so the high CG you see was just after a DoW on Nicaragua.

Dirtycommiepuke: Thanks, there seems to be another guatemalan AAR, but I think mine will be a little different

By the way, in one of the earlier posts the guatemalan government issued an advertisement for officers. No one feels like he should help our poor government out???

On april 30th, the government issued an official nota:

The army has designed an infailable plan of an invasion in Nicaragua.
They are sure they cannot fail. With our first cavalry division, we will be in managua before the nicaraguan peasants even know what is happening.
The annexation of those peasants is near, very near.
A few days later:

We have succeeded in annexing the peasants of Nicaragua. We shall now reap the benefits of our military advances, through making good use of the resources these peasants have to offer.
We will need to suppress partisans, though, as they are interrupting our supply lines.
We will act hard against those who oppose our government. We shall not even be afraid to touch the families of those who act against us.
These partisans will not be safe, not now, not ever.

On the 8 of june, mr castaneda made another official statement

We now have reached our goal of creating at least two entire cavalry divisions.

With these, we will be able to hit our enemy with swift blows.
The speed of our advance will be unequalled in all of southern america.
Our production can now be focused on broadening our industrial base.
LONG LIVE GUATEMALA

Ay ay ay! In honour of El Presidente and my Guatemalan AAR, I volunteer to be officer in the great Ejercito de Guatemala! :D

I want to volunteer to.

Offensive, trickster, logistics wizard please. You can decide a skill level from my Guat AAR ;)

You should add cores on Central America and the Yucatan (but not all of mexico).