• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a bit sad, and a rather open ending to the AAR. But, look on the bright side, now you'll be able to start your next HOI3 AAR project in earnest. (If your game still works, of course)

@Eurasia
Can you please explain what you are attempting in this AAR
I am still not understanding
I read the first few chapters and I saw nothing out of the ordinary.
If you are running an experiment, then perhaps I am not getting it.

Btw the core writing and pictures are really good and deserve an award just for that !
:)

@Eurasia
Can you please explain what you are attempting in this AAR
I am still not understanding
I read the first few chapters and I saw nothing out of the ordinary.
If you are running an experiment, then perhaps I am not getting it.

Btw the core writing and pictures are really good and deserve an award just for that !
:)

I was trying to see just how much of the workload can be handed over to the AI within the game. Hearts Of Iron 3 allows you to give control of some, most, or all of your military units to the AI Commanders. This allows you, for example, to focus on the politics or the economics while letting the military run itself. Most HoI3 AARs, that allow the AI some control, limit it to ground combat. I wanted to see if it could handle Naval operations. It can't - at least not in the way I was trying to limit it.

Then the save broke. :D

I was trying to see just how much of the workload can be handed over to the AI within the game. Hearts Of Iron 3 allows you to give control of some, most, or all of your military units to the AI Commanders. This allows you, for example, to focus on the politics or the economics while letting the military run itself. Most HoI3 AARs, that allow the AI some control, limit it to ground combat. I wanted to see if it could handle Naval operations. It can't - at least not in the way I was trying to limit it.

Then the save broke. :D
Oh
I don't play Hoi3 so I didn't know (It's sitting there in my steam library since 3 years)

Still
It's a nice and cool idea and your AAR just might convince me to download it.

PS: Now I understand why it made @Bullfilter cry !
:D