• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusStultus

Sergeant
1 Badges
Oct 12, 2015
  • Hearts of Iron III
It is May 1861, civil war hasn't triggered yet so the events have made the decision to pop up as a non-stop marathon of around 5 each day. Thanks to warscore I couldn't actually get everything from Mexico the first time so it is the second Mexican American war and I am about to rage quit. I can't control my armies or fleet, I can't actually move anything each second is another event. Is America even remotely playable without triggering the civil war or should I just launch the civil war as early as possible in a new game? Honestly I could understand making it impossible to avoid the civil war but I'm not that far off from where it was historically (which wasn't the 1840 something the game likes) but just making the game unplayable is annoying.

Edited in-Maybe instead of a random even trigger with trillions of event popups per week it would be better to just have it hard coded to start at the historic date? There really is nothing fun about the same popups each second meant to indirectly increase militancy by increasing cons. Or perhaps if those events have to make the game unplayable by the time the civil war triggers the negative modifier of the slavery debate could be removed and just pick a date it starts? I have no idea how I am supposed to avoid rage quitting to 1900.

Last edited:
Reactions:
It is May 1861, civil war hasn't triggered yet so the events have made the decision to pop up as a non-stop marathon of around 5 each day. Thanks to warscore I couldn't actually get everything from Mexico the first time so it is the second Mexican American war and I am about to rage quit. I can't control my armies or fleet, I can't actually move anything each second is another event. Is America even remotely playable without triggering the civil war or should I just launch the civil war as early as possible in a new game? Honestly I could understand making it impossible to avoid the civil war but I'm not that far off from where it was historically (which wasn't the 1840 something the game likes) but just making the game unplayable is annoying.

Edited in-Maybe instead of a random even trigger with trillions of event popups per week it would be better to just have it hard coded to start at the historic date? There really is nothing fun about the same popups each second meant to indirectly increase militancy by increasing cons. Or perhaps if those events have to make the game unplayable by the time the civil war triggers the negative modifier of the slavery debate could be removed and just pick a date it starts? I have no idea how I am supposed to avoid rage quitting to 1900.
If you play the game as the US with HPM-mod, there isn't such a pop-up fiesta. It fixes it.

• 4Like
Reactions:
It's 1855 and I've acquired all my cores from Mexico. Bring on the guiding events so I can get the CW over with and concentrate on becoming the super power I was meant to be. :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
I know it's an old thread, but I've got this very same issue. It's 1861, and no civil war in sight. I purposefully didn't take the decisions that lower consciousness, because I wanted it to fire earlier rather than later. Even when my average consciousness was above 6.5, it still would not fire. I have all my cores from Mexico. What am I doing wrong?

Or, in other words, how to make the civil war fire earlier, without the use of mods?

Posting in threads that are over 6 months old (also known as "necro/necromancy posting") is frowned upon and if you have come across a thread relating to your issue that is this old, please make a new thread about the issue.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.