• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

MagnusStultus

Sergeant
1 Badges
Oct 12, 2015
  • Hearts of Iron III
It is May 1861, civil war hasn't triggered yet so the events have made the decision to pop up as a non-stop marathon of around 5 each day. Thanks to warscore I couldn't actually get everything from Mexico the first time so it is the second Mexican American war and I am about to rage quit. I can't control my armies or fleet, I can't actually move anything each second is another event. Is America even remotely playable without triggering the civil war or should I just launch the civil war as early as possible in a new game? Honestly I could understand making it impossible to avoid the civil war but I'm not that far off from where it was historically (which wasn't the 1840 something the game likes) but just making the game unplayable is annoying.

Edited in-Maybe instead of a random even trigger with trillions of event popups per week it would be better to just have it hard coded to start at the historic date? There really is nothing fun about the same popups each second meant to indirectly increase militancy by increasing cons. Or perhaps if those events have to make the game unplayable by the time the civil war triggers the negative modifier of the slavery debate could be removed and just pick a date it starts? I have no idea how I am supposed to avoid rage quitting to 1900.

Last edited:
Reactions:

DonSavage

Recruit
Jul 24, 2020
It is May 1861, civil war hasn't triggered yet so the events have made the decision to pop up as a non-stop marathon of around 5 each day. Thanks to warscore I couldn't actually get everything from Mexico the first time so it is the second Mexican American war and I am about to rage quit. I can't control my armies or fleet, I can't actually move anything each second is another event. Is America even remotely playable without triggering the civil war or should I just launch the civil war as early as possible in a new game? Honestly I could understand making it impossible to avoid the civil war but I'm not that far off from where it was historically (which wasn't the 1840 something the game likes) but just making the game unplayable is annoying.

Edited in-Maybe instead of a random even trigger with trillions of event popups per week it would be better to just have it hard coded to start at the historic date? There really is nothing fun about the same popups each second meant to indirectly increase militancy by increasing cons. Or perhaps if those events have to make the game unplayable by the time the civil war triggers the negative modifier of the slavery debate could be removed and just pick a date it starts? I have no idea how I am supposed to avoid rage quitting to 1900.
If you play the game as the US with HPM-mod, there isn't such a pop-up fiesta. It fixes it.

• 2Like
Reactions:

RELee

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness
Demi Moderator
76 Badges
Apr 28, 2003
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Pride of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
It's 1855 and I've acquired all my cores from Mexico. Bring on the guiding events so I can get the CW over with and concentrate on becoming the super power I was meant to be. :p

• 1Like
Reactions: