• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amechwarrior

General
9 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
onyWCVr.jpg

AMP_v4.zip

I've enabled the partially complete 'Mechs, added unique variants and updating the combat settings to match the recent campaign videos. I've put everything together here for anyone who wants to get a little more life out of the beta while we wait for launch.

WARNING: FOR DEPRECIATED BETA ONLY! DO NOT USE WITH FINAL GAME!

Installation:
BACKUP BETA FILES. MOD OVERWRITES FILES, USE AT OWN RISK.

Paste folders in to "DRIVE:\steamapps\common\BattleTech - Private Beta\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets"
Overwrite all
Launch game - Loading times may increase

Troubleshooting:

INITIAL LOADING TIMES INCREASED. PLEASE GIVE IT TIME, STUTTERING LOADING BAR IS A GOOD SIGN.

If you get a endless "LOADING" screen, kill the program(ALT+F4) and start again. This might happen the first time you load up the new files. If problem persists after two attempts, post it here.

Mod Contents:
New 'Mechs

• SDR-5V Spider
  • BJ-1 + 1X + 1DB Blackjack
  • ENF-4R Enforcer
  • WVR-6R + 6K +6M Wolverine
  • TDR-5S + 5SS + 5SE Thunderbolt
  • CTF-1X + 2X Cataphract
  • ZEU-6S + 6T Zeus
  • STK-3F Stalker
New Stock 'Mech Variants
  • AS7-RS Atlas
  • BLR-1S Battlemaster
  • CPLT-A1 + C4 + K2 Catapults
  • CN9-AH Centurion
  • COM-1C Commando
  • HBK-4J + 4SP Hunchbacks
  • JR7-F Jenner
  • LCT-1E Locust
  • TBT-5J + 7K Trebuchets
  • UM-R60L Urbanmech
Pilots
  • Four 2/2/2/2 skill pilots with no special abilities to simulate green MW at the start of a campaign
Lance Presets
  • Steiner Scout Lance - Enabled, only usable in "No Cost" skirmish
  • Starter Lance - Features the mechs found in the simgameconstants.json with four starter pilots at 2/2/2/2 skill
  • Great House Lances (15m/20m/25m)
· Capellan Confederation - General mix of available 'Mechs and skills
· Draconis Combine - Focused on mobile, fast strike capability with lighter 'Mechs
· Federated Suns - AC heavy 'Mechs with ace gunners for accurate, high damage Lances
· Free Worlds League - Long ranged fire support with pilots skilled at spotting for indirect fire
· Lyran Commonwealth - Pilots anchor combat in one spot using heavy 'Mechs superior armor​

Combat Adjustments

Numbers from campaign video unless otherwise noted
AI
  • Improved AI included, based from Dynamic Role Test build from AI thread
Welcome Message
  • Found a little easter egg to play when you enter the Lance Config.
Jank
VeneratedImprobableBongo-max-14mb.gif

These assets are not complete. The Stalker has a number of visual problems, as seen above. The Enforcer, Blackjack and Wolverine are "camera ready" but the rest feature floating arms, weapons and even whole torsos. However, I've created some hardpoint definitions to replicate the missing files and all of the 'Mechs are using native art assets to their chassis.

Let me know if other 'Mechs can be enabled to at least the level of the Stalker. The Grasshopper can be enabled, but is only visible when moving and that was too unfinished for me.

Expansion Packs:
While I want to keep this mod to stock variants, anyone is free to make customs that use the unlocked assets. Just make a post in the thread with a description of what you add and I'll link it here as long as this beta stays relevant.

Ghostrider's 'Mech Works.zip
Detailed Post

This mod from Ghostrider optimizes some of the 'Mech variants in to incredibly deadly designs. We are likely to see some of these tweaks once we get a real mechlab, but if you ever wanted to replace the Firestarter's Flamers with Small Lasers for a super lethal DFA this is your pack. Keep in mind, these overwrite my own variants, so the AI may end up with them too!

Rook's 'Mechworks GoogleDrive Folder
Detailed Post

This mod from Jade_Rook adds classic 'Mechs built from the parts we have in beta. Staples like the Archer, Phoenix Hawk and the Stinger/Wasp pair are playable with this add-on. You will need to append your VersionManifest.csv file to add the 'Mechs in using the file provided. Do not overwrite your CSV with this one!

Version History:
v4
- Weapons values updated to reflect streamer beta 3
- SL, AC/2, SRM4+6 +1 heat from stream due to rounding errors
- Test Dynamic 'Mech Role AI Included, have fun with it
- 'Mechs with larger RA weapons set to favor punching with LA, cosmetic change
- Updated mod folder structure to conform with community standards
v3.2
- Changed name of mod folder to "mods" to conform with HBS syntax
- No other changes, no changes in game. You don't need to update from 3.1
- Updating from 3.1 - delete "mod" folder created by 3.1, install 3.2, VersionManifest.csv will be overwritten with new addresses.
v3.1 - 28 FEB 2018
- AI improvements, "Bloodlust" greatly increased, AI to seek out maximum damage and smarter called shots
- AI "AICritChanceBaseMultiplier" from 0.2 to 1 to negate AI crit malus
- BLR-1S cost adjusted to 10.2m from 10.3
- Fixed too much armor/structure on AS7, CN9-AL, ON1-K, TBT mechdef and chassisdef files, per TRO: 3025, thanks to HonorKnight + ronhatch for pointing them out
- Moved JR7-D SRM ammo to RT from RA, per TRO: 3025
- Adjusted FS and DC 20m Lances, FS swaps ON1+COM for JM6-S+BJ-1DB, DC swaps HBK for TBT-7K

v3 - 29 JAN 2018
- Fixed VersionManifest issue, moved all new files in to new mod\AMP folder created in StreamingAssets\data
- Fixed stock hardpoint errors in TBT-5N (LA Medium Laser) and CTF-1X (RT Medium Laser)
- Complete hardpointdatadef for SDR, STK, TDR, ZEU per asset bundles to accommodate user customization
- Adjusted pilots in Steiner Scout Lance to Bulwark entire Lance and add Sensor Lock
- Added multiple 'Mech variants and created Great House Presets
'Mech Variants​

• AS7-RS Atlas
  • BLR-1S Battlemaster
  • BJ-1X + 1DB Blackjacks
  • CTF-2X Cataphract
  • CPLT-A1 + C4 Catapults
  • CN9-AH Centurion
  • COM-1C Commando
  • HBK-4J + 4SP Hunchbacks
  • JR7-F Jenner
  • LCT-1E Locust
  • TBT-5J + 7K Trebuchets
  • UM-R60L Urbanmech
  • WVR-6M Wolverine
  • ZEU-6T Zeus
Great House Lances (15m/20m/25m)

• Capellan Confederation - General mix of available 'Mechs and skills
  • Draconis Combine - Focused on mobile, fast strike capability with lighter 'Mechs
  • Federated Suns - AC heavy 'Mechs with ace gunners for accurate, high damage Lances
  • Free Worlds League - Long ranged fire support with pilots skilled at spotting for indirect fire
  • Lyran Commonwealth - Pilots anchor combat in one spot using heavy 'Mechs superior armor
v2.1 - 23 JAN 2018
- Custom Hardpoint files for enabled mechs without stock hardpointdatadef.json
- Fixed WVR-6R + 6K hardpointdatadef.json error to enable head laser

v2 - 22 JAN 2018
- Removed need for versionManifest.csv by using SP only IDs already present in the stock .csv. For example the new CPLT-K2 uses the Grasshopper's file IDs.
- Added CPLT-K2 - Huge thanks to Ghostrider for the base files
- Restored Steiner Scout and Starter Lance, moved to unused SP Lance IDs

v1.1 - 19 JAN 2018
- Removed problematic versionManifest.csv

v1 - 19 JAN 2018
- Initial release

Last edited:
Greetings MechWarriors!
Spooling up the KF-Drive to jump this thread to a more appropriate area (thinking the Fan art/fic/creations will work for now)
-----
Jump complete! Carry on MechWarriors.
Timaeus

Greetings MechWarriors!
Spooling up the KF-Drive to jump this thread to a more appropriate area (thinking the Fan art/fic/creations will work for now)
-----
Jump complete! Carry on MechWarriors.
Timaeus

K, not where I'd expect it to go. Maybe change the title in the long term? I'd never check this board for anything mod related and I'm sure others won't either. I barely check this board at all. I know it's a delicate situation with having a modders forum, but maybe if there's a way to get the word out on the main forums that mod threads go here, in time people will find their way here for mod discussion.

K, not where I'd expect it to go. Maybe change the title in the long term? I'd never check this board for anything mod related and I'm sure others won't either. I barely check this board at all. I know it's a delicate situation with having a modders forum, but maybe if there's a way to get the word out on the main forums that mod threads go here, in time people will find their way here for mod discussion.
Currently a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ as to where to put them. I figured here would work for now since it's a "creation". It can be moved somewhere else later if it's determined there's a better spot.

I suppose I should try the small laser variant of the Firestarter out sometime... but I suspect for skirmish I'll always prefer the machine gun version. Triggers ammo explosions like nobody's business.

Which... yeah, I could see that not being very helpful in the campaign when you're trying to get salvage.

AMP_v3_2.zip

v3.2
- Changed name of mod folder to "mods" to conform with HBS syntax
- No other changes, no changes in game. You don't need to update from 3.1
- Updating from 3.1 - delete "mod" folder created by 3.1, install 3.2, VersionManifest.csv will be overwritten with new addresses.

So, after a little folder naming conflict with another mod we hammered out that "mods" is the most correct wording for a mod folder in HBS land. Thanks to everyone for the special input and guidance!

Users with 3.1 that want to update, delete the "mod" folder as 3.2 will make a "mods" folder with the exact same files and provide a VersionManifest.csv with the corrected addresses. Going forward, everyone moving to the same naming structure will make things easier for normal users who just want the mods to work.

Having to wade through all of the fanfiction to find the modding threads is really annoying...
If nothing gets “pinned” in this (or another available) Subforum EXCEPT our Modding threads...

...might that be a suitable middle ground?

We won’t have a “Named” and dedicated Modding Section, but we will have one, single area to which we can all look for the hard work and results of our Modding Community.

Thoughts?

If nothing gets “pinned” in this (or another available) Subforum EXCEPT our Modding threads...

...might that be a suitable middle ground?

We won’t have a “Named” and dedicated Modding Section, but we will have one, single area to which we can all look for the hard work and results of our Modding Community.

Thoughts?
That may work for us, but I wouldn't want to disturb the fanfiction readers that don't care about mods. I think I just need to shut my trap and stop complaining :) .

v4 Release Post
AMP_v4.zip

v4
- Weapons values updated to reflect streamer beta 3
- SL, AC/2, SRM4+6 +1 heat from streamdue to rounding errors
- Test Dynamic 'Mech Role AI Included, have fun with it
- 'Mechs with larger RA weapons set to favor punching with LA, cosmetic change
- Updated mod folder structure to conform with community standards

So here's what I can get from the streams. Most of the weapons are set as they should be minus some with a little extra heat. I couldn't get the new cap on Evasion with Piloting increases or the recoil negation for Guts. I could have updated the mech prices, but that would ruin all the beta stock presets and I'm just too lazy to re-do them all when we will get to play the launch game in less than 20 days.

I also added a test build of the dynamic mech roles. The AI should be slightly less suicidal on the DFA unless it's the last unit on the board. Snipers snipe, scouts Sensor Lock and brawlers rush. It's not perfect, or even significantly better, but it's a change of pace from the old AI build. Just have some fun with it.

I also have the files and would be perfectly willing to make a chibi stalker mod.

Most likely it won't make it to the top of my priority list before someone else does it, but they are coming one way or the other.