• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ekulio

Corporal
18 Badges
Jun 9, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Most games I start Amazons I wind up with a T2 like the Harrier or the giant pig (forget what it's called) or an swiftbeak. But one game I started with a T1 hopper, which is just really sucky. No other race has a randomized starting bonus and I feel there should be some consistency to the animal at least in its tier. I think the list of animals they start with should only include t2 animals.

Upvote 0
Most games I start Amazons I wind up with a T2 like the Harrier or the giant pig (forget what it's called) or an swiftbeak. But one game I started with a T1 hopper, which is just really sucky. No other race has a randomized starting bonus and I feel there should be some consistency to the animal at least in its tier. I think the list of animals they start with should only include t2 animals.

The advantage of the Hopperhound is that it's the only animal you start with that can evolve into a T3.

That's a fair point - Would it be OP to start with the t2 version that can evolve to T3? I don't think so personally

but that starting bonus animal makes the biggest difference to the game in those first few turns. By the time you evolve it to T3 you have lots of other powerful units.

It can be really bad if this happens with stronger defenders on, but otherwise thoose animal units are extra and not part of the main stack. So you will have a stronger starting army no matter what you get.
I would rather say that every tier 1 animal should get an evolve option, so it is balanced that way.

It can be really bad if this happens with stronger defenders on, but otherwise thoose animal units are extra and not part of the main stack. So you will have a stronger starting army no matter what you get.
I would rather say that every tier 1 animal should get an evolve option, so it is balanced that way.

I think the only T1 that doesn't evolve is the Wild Shrike. A couple of them actually go straight from T1 to T3, actually - which is probably why they aren't included as options for the Amazons.