• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lovčí

Recruit
Apr 6, 2021
Hi,
the game is a perfect new x-com like game.
The open world like Mount&Blade is most briliant move in serie evolution.
I mean even in late game there are interesting defenses of rackets level 2 security.
3v2 fight of level 1 characters in late game that was not seen in x-com series before!

But...I miss two more difficulties. First much harder and very competeting to play it. I think starting level of AI should be 5 and they should be agreesive.
I win game before AI have even level 3 upgrades on rackets and I have been playing for the first time and on max difficulty.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hi,
The open world like Mount&Blade is most briliant move in serie evolution.
I mean even in late game there are interesting defenses of rackets level 2 security.
3v2 fight of level 1 characters in late game that was not seen in x-com series before!

But...I miss two more difficulties. First much harder and very competeting to play it. I think starting level of AI should be 5 and they should be agreesive.
I win game before AI have even level 3 upgrades on rackets and I have been playing for the first time and on max difficulty.

And second one hardcore/iron man, etc difficulty when the game is almost impossible to play.

The game have very big potential with this open world mechanics, only what I need to play it more is challenge, impossible chalange and more than that just survival and be beaten often by supperior mafian AI like Al Capone. The game is start be boring when you are the most powerful boss. No more challenges. And here Alcapone gang? Kids with guns.

Also good idea may be nerf player boss gangster "hero". They are ultimate killers who can kill almost all enemies in first turn.
Nerf heroes and put a capo on Number of owned rockets, etc to make game challenging for experienced players.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi,
The open world like Mount&Blade is most brilliant move in series evolution.

But...I miss two more difficulties. First much harder and very competeting to play it. I think starting level of AI should be 5 and they should be aggressive.
I agree 100%, we need at least 2 more difficulties for EoS and the opponents need to be much more aggressive and smarter. This game has such incredible potential but the difficulty is my biggest issue and it's holding it back from being one of the greatest games I've ever played. My opponents are just not aggressive enough, and rather than taking over other opponents rackets during war, they'll either destroy or burn them down. I also feel it's unfair for me to own every racket of an opponent after raiding their safe house and killing the boss. Also, I feel selling things like whiskey needs to be re-balanced.
Overall, I really love this game. EoS has unlimited potential, especially if balanced properly. Thank you Romero games, for making this beautiful mafia game. EoS is my kind of game, and there's no other game like it.

I agree with this. I've been taking a break from this game recently because it just isn't enough of a challenge to hold my interest. I definitely think that increasing difficulty is a good idea, but how it's done is important. It's too easy in video games to just make enemy units beefier and do more damage, but that kind of change tends to only make the game more frustrating. I would recommend the developers focus more on making the AI more aggressive (as suggested above), intelligent, and focused. I like the idea of randomizing AI faction postures so that some factions are highly aggressive, some laid back, and some in between. The highly aggressive factions could be quick to declare war and attack rackets while the laid back factions would lean towards building alliances and business relationships while at the same time more quickly expanding their businesses to take away market opportunities from opponents. Expanding the influence of the police (as I've mentioned elsewhere) would also be a good way to increase difficulty.

• 1Like
Reactions:
One other way to increase difficulty via AI would be to make other bosses much more reactive to the player expanding into new neighborhoods. As it is, it's too easy -- especially in games with large neighborhoods.

• 1Like
Reactions: