• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's some odd world. CSA in Alliance with AH?

Only one thing I didn't like. That maneuver in which rocket pilot slammed his peruser into the ground. It shouldn0t have worked. Rocket plane is, you said yourself, a LOT less maneuverable than that monoplane, so what would happen is that rocket would probably slam into the ground and raider would pull safely.

An excellent two chapters El Pip, very interested to know more about this world, will you become a permanent fixture in Amazing Aeroventures?

A wonderful action chapter, full of danger and bullets. More!

Wow, odd world. Also, good writing El Pip, perhaps you should update The Butterfly Effect . Hint Hint.

Enewald - Danger lurks at the bottom of every bottle...

4th Dimension - I tried to throw in a few random teasers to show that world was very different from our own.

As to the manoeuvre, my thinking is that the raider was almost literally two different aircraft joined together (a heavy Confederate engine and front mated to manoeuvrable AH wings/tail). I believed that under extreme strain those joints would fail as the light body tried to drag up a heavy engine, the rocket plane on the other hand was designed to work together so although it pulled up slower it would stay together.

English Patriot - Glad you liked it. Whether I stay or go depends on Dr Gonzo, this is his project after all. ;)

Kurt_Steiner - I was worried the slow pace of the first part might put people off. Clearly I was wrong. :)

Lord Strange - I've only so much time to write, however next time I get a chance to write it will be for Butterfly. After that I hope to return to some of the characters here (if Dr G doesn't mind). The only question is whether I follow Rocket Patrol to their next adventure or stay with the spiffing chaps at RAF Bahrain.

very well done El Pip... enjoyed reading that. Not only did you create a very good story, but also an ahistorical world! Intriuging.

Spiffing stuff! To answer everyone's main question El Pip is more than welcome to continue writing for Amazing Aeroventures as is everyone on this board (following a sneak for the editor, natch ;) )

Air Ace himself will finally return in the near future with Air Ace & the King of Kings

Stay tuned!

El Pip said:
4th Dimension - I tried to throw in a few random teasers to show that world was very different from our own.

As to the manoeuvre, my thinking is that the raider was almost literally two different aircraft joined together (a heavy Confederate engine and front mated to manoeuvrable AH wings/tail). I believed that under extreme strain those joints would fail as the light body tried to drag up a heavy engine, the rocket plane on the other hand was designed to work together so although it pulled up slower it would stay together.
Ah yes, but if rocket plane could pull such a stressful turn, why haven't other raiders broke apart dogfighting other normal fighters which surely could pull a lot more stressful maneuvers. If rocket plane could pull it, the raider should also.

But that's not to say I didn't like it. You should have had that old capitan pull that one, and then crash-land. After all he's old fox.

ComradeOm - The RAF shoots thieves regardless of where they're from. It's the law you know.

Dr. Gonzo - Excellent news, on both fronts. Surely the King of Kings can give Air Ace his overdue comeuppance, if not he who? :D

4th Dimension - The raiders only fought the old Demon biplanes so could easily run rings around them without falling apart. The rest will have to be revealed in the next exciting Rocket Patrol adventure; Supersonic over the South China Sea once I've told Dr G about it and written it.

Erm... update?

How about you make an update, featuring, Peti, the amazing flying pirate dog!

Fine for me, although I dunno what the readers may say about it. Anyway, I'm willing to do that update, really. Just say so adn the end date:D

Well the writer did say, that everyone is welcome to add their stories.

Okay basically, the game background to this is: After reading verious evil AARs such the Dr. Doom one and of course League of Evil (both great AARs you should really look up by the by!)

It's always nice being cited as an inspiration :p