• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Summercat

Technically, An Otter
106 Badges
Feb 6, 2009
sfw.furaffinity.net
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Summer's Quick and Dirty bugfixing.

-------

Thank you guys for your support. Been a blast! However, it looks like Paradox's 2.20.1 patch has addressed the vast majority of these issues. Unless my own playtesting goes "WTF", I will be ending development on this compatch.

Here's hoping that I never have to do this again :p

-------

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4d050m180cypnc0/SummerQnDv8.rar

Whatwas:

A mod that contains some quick and dirty bugfixes for the 2.2 patch.

Features:
  • Fixed missing Romuva holy sites
  • Decision-based workaround for Viceroys inavailability on loading saved games
  • Decision-based workaround for missing Crown Authority and Investure laws
  • Restored "Convert to Local Religion' if you do not own CM (Byzantine Emperor gets a special decision for Iconoclasm --> Orthodoxy)
  • Reduced tribal event-troop despawn penalty to -5 Piety/Prestige. Gold penalty is scaled/variable so left alone.
  • "Granted a Viceroyalty" penalty reduced to 0
  • Pict --> Scottish culture event fixed (Credit: Tirendon)
  • Tribal vassals of Republics can now become city vassals by decision. (Credit: The Dark Master)
  • Federalist Girl's fixes to Saxon graphics
  • Misc Localization fixes
  • Straighten Up and Donated to Charity decadance events fixes (Thanks to Jorlem and Richvh, respectivly)
  • Custom Empires now require 180 realm size *or* 3 kingdom titles
  • Roman and Byzantine Emperors can no longer form the HRE
  • The Kingdom of Frisia can now be formed by Frisians
  • Visigothic Culture Diffusion events get a .67 MTTH Modifier after 867
  • Fixed a few synatx erros found by Richvh.

Changelog:
V8:
1) Fixed Create Custom Empire so it's 180 realm size *or* three kingdom titles
2) Fixed decadance 'Straighten Up' timer as per Jorlem's report ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...iated_to_drop_decadence-flag-cleared-too-soon )
3) Fixed older decadence missing event (Credit: Richvh)
4) Roman and Byzantine Emperors can no longer form the HRE ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...2.2-I-can-form-HRE-despite-being-Roman-Empire )
5) k_frisia can now be formed by Frisian culture ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?806218-Database-error-regarding-Frisians )
6) Visigothic culture diffision events get a .67 modifier after 867 ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...sigothic-events-between-CM-and-TOG-start-date )
7) Fixed several syntax errors found by Richvh ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?807428-Syntax-errors-in-CM )
8) Viceroy and IA law fixing events now require you to not be a prisoner instead of being at peace.

No tomatoes were used in the creation of this patch

V7:
1) Decision-based workaround for missing Crown Authority and Investure laws

V6:
1) Added Federalistgirl's Saxon GFX fixes.

Prior changes:
V5:

1) Reduced tribal event troop despawn penalty to Prestige and Piety to -5 per, as the AI can't handle the even troops
2) Reduced granted-viceroy-to-someone-else opinon to -0, until I can figure out how to make it not apply to viceroys.
3) Tirenadon sent me a fix for a Pict --> Scot conversion event issue.
4) Fixed some localisation for Viceroys
5) Put in TheDarkMaster's fix for tribal vassals in republics to build cities.
V4
- Removed ability for Iconoclast Byzantine Emperor to convert via "Local Religion", use "renounce iconoclasm" instead.

V3
-Restored ability to convert to local religion if you do not own CM.

V2
- Added in additional check. Now decisions are only available when you have those laws.

V1
1) Missing Romuva holy sites have been restored to their provinces. The provinces remain tribal with a Church holding under them, as per other Tribal Pagan holy sites. Fixes: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?806453-2.2-Missing-Romuva-holy-sites

2) Temporary hacky workaround fix for the viceroy issue: Three decisions, one granting Viceroy Kings law, one granting Viceroy Duchies law, and one granting Imperial Administration (may be needed when bringing Rome over from prior versions). Still requires you to be an empire. No rigorous other qualifications due to not being able to *find* a test for demesne laws, just be an adult and use it only when you're supposed to have 'em. ( Addresses http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?806187-Can-t-grant-viceroyalty/page2 )

Last edited:
primary_title = { has_law = <demesne law> } ought to work, it's used in vassal_request_events.txt for instance for various tax laws.

primary_title = { has_law = <demesne law> } ought to work, it's used in vassal_request_events.txt for instance for various tax laws.

Lemme test that in addition tot he Norse Raiding fix.

hey summer you have any idea how to reduce or get rid of the opinion_granted_other_duke_viceroyalty relations modifier? given how many strageos and themes you have it can stack up to a huge amount over a reign I got mine up to like -74 once for a long serving Exarch. Its kinda rediculous... It affects all vassals not just feudal ones for some reason.

hey summer you have any idea how to reduce or get rid of the opinion_granted_other_duke_viceroyalty relations modifier? given how many strageos and themes you have it can stack up to a huge amount over a reign I got mine up to like -74 once for a long serving Exarch. Its kinda rediculous... It affects all vassals not just feudal ones for some reason.

They have a lifespan of 120 months, they should drop off after 10 years.

I am hesitant to put a change like that into what is supposed to be a fan-made hotfix, as I think it's working as designed.

Now, WAD doesn't mean Balanced. :v

---

Editing link above; it'll have another fix for the change religion to properly prevent the Byzantine Emperor doing it if he's Iconoclast and you have CM.

They have a lifespan of 120 months, they should drop off after 10 years.

I am hesitant to put a change like that into what is supposed to be a fan-made hotfix, as I think it's working as designed.

Now, WAD doesn't mean Balanced. :v

---

Editing link above; it'll have another fix for the change religion to properly prevent the Byzantine Emperor doing it if he's Iconoclast and you have CM.

Pretty sure it isnt WAD since its affecting all vassals not just feudal ones. The devs said repeatedly in both daireis and streams granting viceroys should affect the opinions of feudal vassals not the other vassals or the viceroys themselves. Would be nice it not to affect my relations with my mayors and the priesthood for appointing royal viceroys which isnt a threat to them.

Pretty sure it isnt WAD since its affecting all vassals not just feudal ones. The devs said repeatedly in both daireis and streams granting viceroys should affect the opinions of feudal vassals not the other vassals or the viceroys themselves. Would be nice it not to affect my relations with my mayors and the priesthood for appointing royal viceroys which isnt a threat to them.

Find me a link to a DD where they say it doesn't apply to Viceroys. Meanwhile, I'm going to eat. Haven't had food since. Um. CM was released.

One thing you could add to your pack is fixing the inability of the AI to deal with councillor's tribal event troops. Seeing the AI with negative prestige and piety is very commonplace and it really cripples tribal leaders.

Events to fix are 20217, 20220 and 20224.

One thing you could add to your pack is fixing the inability of the AI to deal with councillor's tribal event troops. Seeing the AI with negative prestige and piety is very commonplace and it really cripples tribal leaders.

Events to fix are 20217, 20220 and 20224.

AI scripting is way beyond what I can do. Looks like they're not declaring war with their event troops, which may be because of A) Lack of Legit targets, or B) Lack of targets the AI thinks it can hit when accounting for all the troops it has and can pull.

There are things that come to mind that I could do, such as nerfing the piety and prestige hit upon disbanding, or perhaps extending the timeframe - but those would be somewhat sub-optimal solutions that doesn't adress teh cause of the issue, which is the AI not able do work with the units it gets.

That and I've spent nearly all my time bughunting and fixing today, hardly any time *playing*

http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/577766707

26:06 Johan specifically said Feudal vassals and talking about the drawbacks. He repeatedly said feudal regarding the opinion modifier negetives. repeated it 3 times feudal vassals. Dev dairy said nothing about drawbacks and was fairly scarce but when spefically asked the developed stressed feudal vassals not liking it.

I might have imagined the DD part but the repeated stress on the word feudal vassal when talking about not liking it stuck to me.

There, I attached the fix for the tribal AI getting crippled by the event troops.

The way the game works is that the AI is completely unaware of events so when for example an event gives you for a choice they must be railroaded for a plausible AI answer to them. Since the AI can't deal with event troops as much as it can't deal with any event at all I had two choices. I either removed the event completely for the AI which is not fair at all or I simply removed the penalties for the AI to compensate for their own stupidity.

What I did was simply add check to the events so that if the event fires for the AI it will remove the troops but it won't penalize them further. (-500 prestige or -250 piety can cripple the AI)

I could've done it before but having several bugfix packs running around is not the best thing to do. Feel free to use them as you see fit.

View attachment events.rar

For convenience sake, Emperor Marcus and Summercat should fight each other over who has to change their avatar.

For convenience sake, Emperor Marcus and Summercat should fight each other over who has to change their avatar.

Well, its obvious that I have the seniority, therefore he shoudl change!

...and if custom avatars would be allowed I'd use my otter wiggle.

FINE. Republican Byzantium it is. :3

Aw, neither of you was actually supposed to change.

Well, its obvious that I have the seniority, therefore he shoudl change!

...and if custom avatars would be allowed I'd use my otter wiggle.

FINE. Republican Byzantium it is. :3

My stubborness prevails AS ALWAYS!

That said you having the Republican Byzantium reminds me I never had a successful greek game in Victoria II much to my shargrin... trying to restore Byzantium in that is like slamming your head through 2 brick walls. Requires me to cheat or game the system far too much to be satisfactory.

I'm going to go ahead and take a nice long break from CM. I've been up for about 30 hours (badly timed name, then excitement for CM), and need some time to take care of things, then sleep.

If a hotfix isn't up by the time I get back I'll merge your events into the QnD, Scyth. And then start nosing around for how to best handle the Viceroy opinion modifier.