Am I the only crazy person who won't play CK3 this weekend just because I'm waiting for 1.2?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PaniCaL

Second Lieutenant
31 Badges
Jun 8, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
It happens before any major update (for every game but mostly games by Paradox)
I just hold myself from playing because I'm hyped for the update and don't want to "compromise" and play the old version if a new one is just around the corner.

Besides everything they presented in the latest Dev Diary, can we expect any other improvements in the game?

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I haven't played since October because I've been waiting for a good patch or the first DLC. Not 100% sure I'll play after this one, either. Need to see the full patch notes first.

• 27Like
Reactions:
I haven't played since October because I've been waiting for a good patch or the first DLC. Not 100% sure I'll play after this one, either. Need to see the full patch notes first.
Yea, to be honest, even though Ruler Designer is a nice feature and all, I am more looking forward to improvements/additions in the core game.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'm not playing again until they fix the confederate partition bug (which they seemed to indicate was fixed in 1.1 but was not). It causes AI (and you if you abuse it) to blob instead of splitting kingdoms, duchies properly. Hence the rise of supernations quickly that never seem to break in ck3 & extremely powerful dukes. It is basically primo from the start. I really hope that they fix this in 1.2.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You are not the only one. I am also never able to start a new game when I know a patch is incoming. So I am just waiting and working on my mods.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Personally, I never let an upcoming patch prevent me from playing a game. That patch is listed as being by the end of the year. That's still over a month away if they wait until the last moment (I know it'll likely be sooner than 12/31 as they have vacations coming up) and not playing for that long just because a patch might improve things isn't worth it to me. If it was a day or two away, maybe. Over a week, unlikely. More than a couple weeks? Forget it. None of the new things mentioned other than ruler designer would cause me to start a new game anyhow. So I might as well keep my game going now. Then when I do have ruler designer and I want to try a customized character to see how it goes, I'll have my current game in a good place to put on hold (or be done with it) and I can start a new one without feeling like I left a game unfinished or whatever, even knowing I can come back to it later.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I mean, I suppose I could shower or sleep for once since there’s an update coming. :p
7D95D79E-23AC-4437-BE5A-C196FB2F25A4.jpeg

• 6Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Personally, I never let an upcoming patch prevent me from playing a game. That patch is listed as being by the end of the year.

1.2 comes out November 24th according to their Twitter, actually.

• 5Like
Reactions:
It's not like 1.2 is revolutionating the game. The one thing I am postponing is giving another go to some Siberian tribals, their new religion and presumably closer holy sites will impact alot those tags. But for the rest, uhm...?

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's not like 1.2 is revolutionating the game. The one thing I am postponing is giving another go to some Siberian tribals, their new religion and presumably closer holy sites will impact alot those tags. But for the rest, uhm...?

I’m looking forward to taking haestin as a Hellenic and conquering the Duchy of Latium immediately...

the confederate partition bug (which they seemed to indicate was fixed in 1.1 but was not). It causes AI (and you if you abuse it) to blob instead of splitting kingdoms, duchies properly. Hence the rise of supernations quickly that never seem to break in ck3 & extremely powerful dukes. It is basically primo from the start.
Could you explain? :)

Im waiting for the first big DLC to return to play CK3 and i believe that they will create something good for it, im playing CK2 for the time being.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Nope. I'm not even sure 1.2 will be enough for me to return and do more than maybe one campaign. Ruler designer is cool and everything, but it's not adding very much to the gameplay experience. Besides, it just feels beyond stupid that we've had to wait for months for something that should have been there from the beginning. All in all, it depends on the patchnotes.

• 4Like
Reactions: