• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ming looks quite calm. :p
Proberly found it hard to expand because they have lots of borders.

Wow looks like europes borders are very simplified! good work!
Yea, I'm actually quite surprised! I expected it to be messy as heck, but HRE formation proberly got in the way of that.

Also guys, just realised I forgot to check who formed HRE :( Promise ill check and post tomorrow.

Ledger Update 1

This Doesn't Need A Snazzy Title

This is the top thirteen income producers. We are 5th but that should increase dramatically once we start colonising.
EU3_3-3.jpg

Next shows the top thirteen leaders in all the world. Once again, the HRE empire takes top and also second and 12th. You may be asking, where's my hero, Robert Knolles? Robert Knolles is just off the table at 14th, this is only because there isnt a column for magic.
EU3_7-3.jpg

Next is the Best Armies in the world. All things considered, we are a respectable 5th. Once again, the HRE is at top.
EU3_14-1.jpg

Now heres something I wanted, Navies. Ok we have got to win this....Ming? Ok now why is Ming first? Who would need 46 galleys, galleys are rubbish! So I guess I might be able to defeat their navy if its composed of rubbish
EU3_17-1.jpg

Bohemia formed the HRE! Whoever guessed Bohemia wins a cookie*.
*no cookie will actually be supplied.
EU3_24-1.jpg

So, In the next update I will proberly have taken scandinavia, what should I do next? Should I focus on colonising? Should I taken Russia? Should I take the HRE? Or should I [other]? You decide!

Should I taken Russia?

I suspect that Muscovy won't leave you another option for long. :D They're strong enough that you're going to need a lot of troops on their border, so might as well expand into them. At least short term, that is, because you probably need to weaken them in order to go into a different direction.

Been trying to for the HRE in my games with various german states, how the heck did Bohemia manage to kick that one off? :/

I suspect that Muscovy won't leave you another option for long. :D They're strong enough that you're going to need a lot of troops on their border, so might as well expand into them. At least short term, that is, because you probably need to weaken them in order to go into a different direction.

My options are very limited at the moment. Germany = no, the HRE is too powerful. France = maybe for short term, HRE is currently eating them. Russia = no, Muscovy is too powerful.
Im thinking of taking spain and morocco, but the Mega Mamluks might get in the way...

You see the problem?

My options are very limited at the moment. Germany = no, the HRE is too powerful. France = maybe for short term, HRE is currently eating them. Russia = no, Muscovy is too powerful.
Im thinking of taking spain and morocco, but the Mega Mamluks might get in the way...

You see the problem?

Yeah I definitely do. There's no easy front left, the super early HRE guaranteed that as all the other areas are going to have some big bully in any game.

The reason why Russia is my suggestion is that you're going to be vulnerable there if you concentrate on another area instead. What are you going to do if Muscovy comes through Novgorod when the bulk of your troops are in Spain and/or Morocco?

You have as many troops as Muscovy does, and they don't appear to have a super general. You've kept your lands defensible so it's possible to concentrate on Russians mostly as the navy can defend the isles and you have few neighbors. They're going to be fighting Novgorod, Lithuania, even HRE eventually. If you play your cards right, their troops are going to be spread out way thinner than yours. Then just be patient, don't force anything and if they come at you full force, let them enjoy the Russian winter. Or in case you haven't seized anything at that point, the Finnish one. ;)

Been trying to for the HRE in my games with various german states, how the heck did Bohemia manage to kick that one off? :/

With the number of war declarations in this mod, it is very easy to rack up imperial authority points with the +10 points for 'come to the defense of X'. I suspect that's what caused the super early united HRE.

HOLY MOTHER OF...
I take a short break from the EU3 forum to concentrate on handling my AAR, and that gigantic blob appears in Europe? Good luck beating the HRE at... anything.

The reason why Russia is my suggestion is that you're going to be vulnerable there if you concentrate on another area instead. What are you going to do if Muscovy comes through Novgorod when the bulk of your troops are in Spain and/or Morocco?

You have as many troops as Muscovy does, and they don't appear to have a super general. You've kept your lands defensible so it's possible to concentrate on Russians mostly as the navy can defend the isles and you have few neighbors. They're going to be fighting Novgorod, Lithuania, even HRE eventually. If you play your cards right, their troops are going to be spread out way thinner than yours. Then just be patient, don't force anything and if they come at you full force, let them enjoy the Russian winter. Or in case you haven't seized anything at that point, the Finnish one.
I see your point, I proberly will take russia as its the only land connection I have left, therefore I will have to battle them. I can use my Navy to trap the HRE in Denmark and I doubt anyone will take the Isles or Iceland.

Note that the HRE does probably not even have reached it's land forces limit... by quite a margin.
thanks for the comforting advice! :D

Yeah they're going to be very tough to take down. You can't use War Exhaustion or stab hits to tear them apart in Always War Mod...

I'd try to trap their superstack on a scorched Danish island I think :p
Thats gonna be the only option if the HRE attack me.

Post 4 - It's about god damn time
"We must finish off Scandinavia"
shouted the shouty man during the regency council.
"But the settlements there are only partially defended", called Bill Den, the expert on fortifications "Forts are a must!"
"We must build forts in Dulaskogen, Kexholm and Savolax" screamed Hugh Jass
As it was said, and it will be written.

War came to Sweden and us, the Danish war is still on. Knolles requested more troops so the royal army was shipped over to help the war effort and conquer Denmark.
EU3_2-5.jpg

The Swedish army moves up the baltic coast and takes the province of Halogaland. But we strike back with a quick assalt on the Swede fort of Nyland. The Danes were attacking multiple forts and their were loses on both sides.
EU3_8-2.jpg

Hugh Jass decides at this moment to be knighted because he feels like it. Sir Jass send the greatest spy, Hyde In-Cover, to support a revolt in the Danes capital of Vastergotland. He succeeded with great success, the revolt risk jumped from 6 to 10.
EU3_10-1.jpg

HRE neck breathing, Finland revolt making and Danish fort seiging

With the HRE now moving into Denmark, Sir Jass decided to abandon all sieges on the mainland and work on securing the isles. The Royal Fleet was briefed with protecting the few regiments trying to cross this bleak and desolate land.
EU3_11-1.jpg

The Finnish Freedom revolter army had been created from a large number of revolters. It was crossing Finland in the hope of a new nation. It seized its first province, Viborg, the 23rd February 1412.

As the battle went on, the Danes just kept forcing citizens to fight and fight. The death toll was in access of 14. A new army was need. Richards Norfolk's private army was called to war.
EU3_16-1.jpg

Lets get... Quizzical, Quizzical.
Only one Swedish province remained, Stockholm. But the expansion plans were delayed as an army had already reached the borders, Denmark you say? no, it was...
EU3_19-1.jpg

The person who guesses correctly may win a cookie.

Wait a minute, there wasnt any Danish forts being sieged?
Oh god im sorry! Blah de Blah de Blah, Robert Knolles, etc etc, Wizard, we won.
EU3_22-1.jpg

Fyn couldn't be seized. It would violate everything we stand for. The HRE was too damn close and it would incite a war. It was left only occupied for now. The HRE had finished its conquest for Denmark and was now retreating from the area.
EU3_23-1.jpg

The Danish fleet attempted to evacuate from the now occupied island, the Royal Fleet saw and completely destroyed them. This was the first ever battle the Fleet had seen.
EU3_25-1.jpg

The peasants revolted for some reason, Scotland especially. In the Western Isles and Glasgow (proberly), farmers picked up their pitchfork and stuck the nearby armies. There was no nearby armies though, they were all fighting foreigners.#facepalm#
EU3_37.jpg

The Narrow Corridor
With attacks from the south and the north, the English navy on the west and the terrible Gotland on the east - the Danish had no where to run. All over the country the farms were being razed, the forts destroyed and the people killed.
EU3_30-1.jpg

Gotland (remember them?) finally broke the walls of the last Swedish fort and demanded that they bow to their new leaders. On the night of...some day. The Declaration was signed and their war was over.
EU3_29-1.jpg

But, on the other hand, however, their war had only just begun.
EU3_33.jpg

Robert Knolles, born 1325 was now into his 80s. The old crone was shocked to hear this news. He dropped dead like a dolphin falling out of a plane. Lets look back on his lifetime, he was born, he killed Scandinavians, he died. God bless his soul.
EU3_34.jpg

A war without a leader = A load of shouty people
A war without fighting = no war at all. This helpful equation is what made the country white peace with novograd.

Stop your blibber blabbing! Gotland Ships have been spotted on the coast! Hang on a minute, spain is not the emperor? what kind of ship name is that. Never mind. Call the Irish Guard!

1'000'000 soldiers landed on the beaches of Oxford. It looked like it was all over! But it was then, Robert Knolles appeared and struck down approx. 472'927 Gotlandish soldiers all by him self!
EU3_41.jpg

Some say he didn't really appear at all, some say it was all a myth but they're just lying.

'Rapping up

Yo, you, yo, yooo!
Denmark's dead and HRE angry,
Don't worry man the ships patrol-e,
EU3_48.jpg

They cannot cross the channel now.
Gotland's now gone, oh my, WOW!
EU3_53.jpg

Heres the pics of the thread,
Its time to goto bed,
Please, say hi to Fred,
Do it now or you get some lead.

Novogorads south, he was killing Mamluk.
Call me old-fashioned, that was a fluke.
EU3_54.jpg

Cyprus has been neutral, the wars' gone around him.
Where as france, its kin has been dying - FIN
EU3_55.jpg

The End Picture
EU3_MAP_ENG_1414102_1.jpg

Phew. Sorry about posting a half baked post if anyone saw that. I will proberly do years of peace next cause I need some cores and less revolts.

Last edited:
Nice, very good borders for waiting for the cores. Luckily they don't take so long with this mod. You'd better keep the navy strong, looking at the situation with the HRE...

Interestingly shaped Novgorod!

Oh and I'd hazard a guess that the quiz answer is "Gotland". :rofl:

Nice, very good borders for waiting for the cores. Luckily they don't take so long with this mod. You'd better keep the navy strong, looking at the situation with the HRE...

Interestingly shaped Novgorod!

Oh and I'd hazard a guess that the quiz answer is "Gotland". :rofl:

The HRE dont have a navy and wont have for some time. And I doubt they will use it to conquer the poor provinces of denmark instead of the rich italy or france. Yea, I guess Novogorod must of sieged and seized their way across all of Russia and Georgia!

You win. #gives you a cookie#

The HRE just gets scarier by the moment, but at least you still have the considerable advantage of being the player, so you can snatch the New World from under Europe's nose. :D