• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes! Great success against Novgorod! That's very good to see.

Funny thing about the mod, all the senseless violence produces AI nations that are in large part continuous and of a sensible shape compared to the snaky stuff that vanilla tends to create.
Ha, i hadn't noticed that. Although some countries like Georgia dont really follow that rule, and revolts dont help the borders.

I feel sorry for that poor country in between
Aquila and Croatia, they might last long because it seems as if Spain and possibly Byzantium has reached its peak again.

Is that the HRE being reborn in Germany?

I've played your Always War mod as well as Cyprus, thereby being totally safe as the AI doesn't attempt a naval invasion while at war with their neighbors. In my game, England landed in northwest Iberia, took a few provinces and thereby completely halted Castille's advance in Europe, as they had to retreat their forces to fend off England. You might consider doing the same, to save yourself from the Castillian monster while most of its land is uncored.

Also, it might be an idea to attack Napels: any piece of land protected by the sea is ideal in this mod, which is why Castille is so big. Castille got big in all the games I've played so far, same for the Pope, who then tends to get backstabbed by Sicily.

How Byzantium gets so big I'm not sure, they probably profit from the Ottomans collapsing because they are so scattered, since every province they take adds a cored province to their empire.

Post 20 - The End
Well thats it, Britain has achieved all the goals it wasnt set. The year is 1480ish, a new age has opened, and that age is uninstallation, reinstallation and hordes.

But before I leave you, lets look back on the 80 years and see how England has evolved from a petty nation north of France to a huge African and Scandinavian Empire!

Income
Britain, on the doom day, was the second richest nation in the world. Castille was first. I also was the second infamous nation in the world, just before Novogorod with 2.
EU3_1-17.jpg

Technology
Britain was technologically backward at this time, as it had been for alot of its life. And even its "supreme" trade technology, it wasnt even first. Castille and the Papacy are the leaders in most technologies.
EU3_2-18.jpg

What? You expected this to not be a ledger update...? HA! I want to play Divine Wind, not some ancient version.

Leaders
The greatest military leader in the world is from a country that barely exists, its a tribe - Maya. We're not even on there.
EU3_9-12.jpg

Yep, im going through every ledger page.

Armies
Darn you Castille! We're not going to be short on sliver ware.
EU3_11-11.jpg

Navies
The first first! RULE BRITANNIA, BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES. WE SHALL NEVER EVER EVER BE SLAVES SLAVES SLAVES. Or something like that.
EU3_12-12.jpg

Charts
I know your excited about pie charts, so heres four. Alot of non-cores, alot of fish, alot of Sunni and alot of English
EU3_15-10.jpg

Provinces
We have the most! Take that and stuff it down your throat Castille! We, therefore, have won the game.
EU3_14-12.jpg

The End Game
Well thats it. Britain, technologically backward and second in everything, but the biggest and best there ever was. And because of the support and kindness from all the fans (all 3 of them), I present you with a magical map!
EnglandAlwaysWAR.gif

Thanks for reading.

Future AARs
EU3
Horde - its golden, its colonisable, its better then before!
Country hopping AAR

HOI3
Belgium - the little country that invaded the world!
Luxembourg - the little country that invaded the world!
In Dsoviet Drussia we suck at fighting wars.

Crown of the North
What is this...? I dont even...
Sweden is not overpowered!

Goodbye everyone and have a merry Christmas.
Late April fools joke?

That's a bit out of the blue. :eek: But it was good while it lasted, so thanks for this. :)

Britain is the biggest! Britain wins!

It was great to see an AAR with my little mod, I considered it an honour :) Good game, now go have fun with DW!
Thanks. And I did this all without asking for advertisement money....... can i have some now?

That's a bit out of the blue. :eek: But it was good while it lasted, so thanks for this. :)
The Post called Post 14 - Possibly The End where all i did was complain about revolts didnt give away any hints did it? I guess it was a bit sudden, but i didnt anticipate for a sale on gamersgate. Divine Wind just kept staring at me until i downloaded it.

I dont blame you for wanting to play DW.
Thanks, I think.

Only now do i learn how to multi-quote!!! You have to click the little thing in the bottom right!!!!!

The Post called Post 14 - Possibly The End where all i did was complain about revolts didnt give away any hints did it?

Yup, but that was a while ago. ;) But yeah, I can understand the DW angle.

I'm really going to vote for this in the AARland Choice AwAARds.

Shame it ended, but I just got DW and I am able to understand why you left. I liked the magic map, especially being able to view to rise and fall and rise of Castille.

So sad that you're moving on to greener pastures. It was a great read whilst it lasted though. Really enjoyed it.
It is DW:p
Good luck hopefully we will see you write again
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Can I claim a license fee for commercial use of my mod then? :p
uh...lets just leave it, no one gets any money.

I'm really going to vote for this in the AARland Choice AwAARds.
Thank you so much. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Shame it ended, but I just got DW and I am able to understand why you left. I liked the magic map, especially being able to view to rise and fall and rise of Castille.
Thanks. Heres the mod I used for the map, its really easy to use :D

It's a shame you ended this, it would have been fun to see the mess this would be in the colonial game.
It would have been very boring for you to witness 200 years of "send colonist" only to have a slither of a chance against Castille

When i get DW to work, I'll probably make an AAR after I've learnt the new ropes but we'll never know.

I know I should necro this thread and all, but can I count on your vote for me in Writing with the StAARs?

Thanks guys. Love you!

OK, sorry for shameless advertising, but really, vote in the Writing With The StAARs competition. Even if it isnt for me. I feel as if, since it was setback and overall not as popular as the other competitions, it wont get that much attention.

Last edited: