• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Version 0.3 Beta released.

As the subject says. Link in the sig.
Changes in version 0.3 Beta:
. Fixed a potential bug that might have caused occasional CTDs in 1540.
. Changed the protestant conversion period for the balkans so that it happens mostly in the 1540's.
. Somewhat increased the protestant conversion probability for Odenburg, Carpathia, Maros, Magyar and Pest.
. Somewhat decreased the protestant conversion probability for Ruthenia, Moldova, Wallachia and Serbia.
. Changed the reformed conversion period for the balkans so that it happens mostly in the 1550's.
. Changed the reformed conversion period for the lowlands so that it happens in the 1560's and 1570's.
New data for the changed provinces:
Code:
# Protestant:
#                                   Period      Conversion Probability
#                                               Small   Normal  Large
# Odenburg,Presburg                 1535-1544     5%     15%     28%
# Transylvania,Banat                1540-1549    72%     85%     90%
# Carpathia,Maros,Magyar,Pest       1540-1549     5%     15%     28%
# Krain,Istria                      1540-1549     0%      5%     15%
# Ruthenia,Moldova,Wallachia,
# Serbia,Bosnia,Croatia             1545-1554     0%      5%     15%
# 
# Reformed:
# Maros,Magyar                      1550-1559    72%     85%     90%
# Presburg,Transylvania,Banat       1550-1559     5%     10%     15%
# Carpathia,Ruthenia,Pest           1555-1564     5%     10%     15%
# Friesen,Geldre,Holland,Zeeland    1560-1579    85%     95%    100%
# Flandern                          1560-1579    72%     90%     95%
# Brabant                           1560-1579    15%     28%     39%
# Lorraine,Luxembourg               1560-1579     0%      5%     15%

Nikolai II said:
I think I'll wait for beta 0.4(or so) where you use .inc files and save me the bother with moddir - then I'll happily use this mod :D
Hey! I like moddir. Moddir is good. Give praise to moddir. :D
Assuming you don't want to mix in all the event/eug/inc files together with the Paradox ones, you're more or less stuck with it anyway.

Or .. you could include = "db\alun\alunevents.txt"

And when making alunevents.txt change you events.txt to
Code:
event = "db\events\major_akk.txt"
event = "db\events\major_alb.txt"
[etc etc]

#Flavor Events			
event = "db\events\flavor_dan.txt"
event = "db\events\flavor_eng.txt"
[etc etc]

#Our Random events
event = "db\events\alun\RandomEvents.txt"
event = "db\events\alun\RandomReligiousEvents.txt"

# Very important core events 
event = "db\events\alun\HugeEvents.txt"
event = "db\events\alun\ReligiousEvents.txt"

# Events for the reformation mod
event = "db\events\alun\RNGC_Main.txt"
event = "db\events\alun\Protestant_Britain.txt"
event = "db\events\alun\Protestant_Lowlands.txt"
[etc etc]
That way all events can be hid away into a separate folder in eventfolder.

Then scenario names could be 'GC (Aluns reformation)' and 'AoE (Aluns reformation) but with the last line of scenario file changed to
include = "db\events\alun\RNGC.inc" where province religions could be changed in there as well..

Hmm.. or you could put all events and .inc files in a folder in the scenario directory.. or you could offer multiple options.. (actually I can fix all myself - except for typing out an .inc file for every protestant/reformed province in the province.csv..;))

alun said:
Nikolai II: All that's possible I guess, but I don't really see the point. It would pretty much be to do manually what moddir already does automatically and more neatly. Is there any particular reason you don't want to use moddir?
You can't combine moddirs, you'll have to do that manually...

Kaigon said:
You can't combine moddirs, you'll have to do that manually...

And if I have other province.csv's I want to use I won't be able to, without a lot of manual editing..

@alun I can fix it myself - someday ;)

Moddir or not, the real work in merging mods is resolving any conflicts, and that has to be done manually anyway. I still don't see why moddir would be any complication.

That said, there's merit in the idea of providing a separate inc file for the province religion changes. Not as a means to get rid of moddir, but to make it easier on those who want to merge the mod with one that has both pre- and post-reformation scenarios. (As for the difficulty of editing province.csv, changing all protestant/reformed provinces to catholic should take no more than one minute in any half-decent text editor...)

Version 0.4 Beta released

As the subject says. Link in the sig.

I haven't actually changed any of the conversion probabilities etc (not intentionally anyway...), but what I did do was to make it easier for other modders to do so. The biggie change is that all the province level events are now generated automatically from a source specification, using a new tool called Alun's Empire. If you just want to play the mod, you don't need the tool, but if you want to change it, I think you'll find that it simpifies it quite a lot.

From the ChangeLog:

Version 0.4 Beta

Note that this mod no longer mod-dir-changes some of the files that the earlier versions did. It is therefore strongly recommended that you do a fresh install, rather than overwriting an old one.

. Rewrote the province modifications into the format used by Alun's Empire (Enhanced Modification of Province Information with Randomizing Events). Using that tool, it should now be much less tedious and error prone to modify the conversion probabilities etc.
. All the province level events are now grouped together into one big file (ReformationEvents.txt). (Keeping them in separate files of moderate size was useful when editing and debugging them manually, now that they are generated automatically anyway, it just seems cluttered.)
. Now uses an included file for setting up the start religions, instead of using a modified province.csv.
. Changed the Random Number Generator Country to use the MUS tag instead of U19. (MUS has the advantage of being less likely to be used for a real country. U19 had the advantage of being easier to search & replace when wanting to change it, but now that the bulk of the events are automatically generated anyway, that doesn't matter much.)
. Changed the Random Number Generator Country to be located in 1614. (Dummy province in vanilla map, seems to work better overall, except for low level debugging, but hopefuly there shouldn't really be any further need for that.)
. Changed the events in the RNGC_Main.txt file to use 7170000xx numbering instead of 7171999xx, in order to avoid conflicts with the province modification events. (With the new maps appearing, it's more likely someone wants to modify province 1999 than province 0 (terra incognita).)
. Got rid of the "no normal random events for RNGC"-stuff, since it doesn't seem to be needed any more.

Fantastic!

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Alun's Reformation Mod: No mod is complete without it! :cool:

Ayeshteni

I've made some modifications and released a For the Glory-compatible version here.