• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(100264)

Corporal
May 7, 2008
Download it here:
http://files.filefront.com/Alternate+realityrar/;10457942;/fileinfo.html

About it:

I designed this mod to offer players alternatives while playing Vicky: Revs. The game becomes very predictable on your second and third time around, and variation makes things fun for everyone.

I have added many events to spark other more interesting things in game. I used fictional events to do this, but don't worry, I made sure to keep it realistic and base those ficitional events on the real world. Thus, an alternate reality rather than a completely fictional piece of work.

This mod will enable three countries of smaller size, one from each continent, to really be impactful during the game whether it is player controlled or AI controlled.

Korea, Sardinia and Uruguay were the countries I chose to modify most. Korea because of their militant background, Sardinia because I'm North Italian myself, and Uruguay because of their strategic location. All three have increased military power to start with, and I balanced this by adjusting other things such as population. It will be easier, but it's not going to be easy. The main thing is the events these countries now have which put them in prime position for either global takeover or economical superiority.

Ottomans, Russia and Texas all have been changed too. Certain events with each country may make or break not only their nation, but others around them. They haven't been adjusted in the way Korea, Sardinia and Uruguay were, but that's because all three already play a huge role in the game. In the case of the Texans, Russians and Ottomans though, there is a scenario in which a huge global conflict can arise based on the computer's (or your!) decision making.

Points of interest:

-Sardinia, Uruguay and Korea are a bit stronger and have more world shaping and nation shaping events. The heart and soul of this mod.

-Russia, Texas and Ottomans have changed less, but have still changed and could dramatically change the face of the game. If Sardinia, uruguay and Korea are the heart and soul, Russia, Texas and Ottoman are the bones and flesh.

-Tweaked certain costs and needs for everything from POP education to factory production. I made sure to keep this balanced and realistic. For instance, it no longer costs a machine part to educate Capitalists, but it now costs 2 small arms to educate soldiers.

-Slavery is no longer just something you see in the southern USA but rather a very possible social reform for several countries.

-Added several political parties to the game to fill out more options and variety.

-Several other new random events that range from minor prestige earners to major economical or government shifts.

-All in all, a mod that can either offer you an entirely different history of the world to play through or one that could end up being no different in terms of events, story and history based on what you choose to do playing as Sardinia, Uruguay, Korea, Russia, Texas or Ottoman.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hey there.

No news? Bad news!