Altaic titles should come after the name, not before

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hopefully the way names work is more moddable in CK3, not just for situations like this but others; let titles be put wherever in the name you want, beginning, end, middle even, between first and middle name, etc.

Reactions:
Not in the example of Genghis Khan, as it is a title, Genghis Khan's name was Temujin.

Reactions:
Genghis Khan means Great Khan. But what you're talking about is true. However, there may be a problem like this. Most of the Muslim Turkish rulers in the game use the title of Sultan. But their vassals were still called Bey, Atabey or Beylerbeyi. I think it will be very difficult to separate them.

It would be cool to have support for this, but surely Altaic is not the only one. Old English was another one with [Name] [Title] format at least (i.e. Harold Cyning/King, not King Harold).

Reactions:
I used Genghis Khan as an example because it is the most recognizable one, folks. I know his birth name was Temujin.

Most of the Muslim Turkish rulers in the game use the title of Sultan. But their vassals were still called Bey, Atabey or Beylerbeyi. I think it will be very difficult to separate them.
For Muslim Turks; Khatun and Bey would come after the personal name, Padishah and Sultan before it.

I don't think it is difficult to make different titles come before and after names within the same culture.

Reactions:
Genghis Khan means Great Khan. But what you're talking about is true. However, there may be a problem like this. Most of the Muslim Turkish rulers in the game use the title of Sultan. But their vassals were still called Bey, Atabey or Beylerbeyi. I think it will be very difficult to separate them.

For Muslim Turks; Khatun and Bey would come after the personal name, Padishah and Sultan before it.

I don't think it is difficult to make different titles come before and after names within the same culture.

I would imagine it'd be easy to sort either with different flags in cultural naming file (just like you can have dukes_called_kings = yes in CK2) or in localisation files by having a variable in the localisation - e.g. rather than just having english_count_male;Earl;, you could have english_count_male;Earl $name; or altaic_king_male;$name Khan;.

• 1Like
Reactions:
yeah there could be a binary system programmed in where, by default, titles come before a name, but when specified, would come after.
not sure if that's hard to program, but I suppose it depends how much value a system like that has to the developers

Just as in the CK3 Dukes of certain cultures they will be called Petty Kings, instead of Kings, this will only be resolved in mods, the devs must think that this complicates things.

Reactions:
Best thing would be just to have ability to freely name the title, at least for independent rulers. This is what i was always missing in CK 2.

Reactions: