• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 24, 2006
After my failure as Com China I've decided to start an AAR as another semi-doomed country, namely norway. I'll be using DD 1.3a and Daim, no cheats etc etc. Introduction will come tommorow probaly, then I'll start playing.

On board for another chapter of "Doomed from the Start: A (insert country name here) AAR by Arthulian". :D A man after my own heart. ;)

Good luck :) , I have never had any sucsess the damn Germans always launch their paratroopers near Oslo and unload three or more divisions via sea transport :wacko:

800px-Flag_of_Norwaywithbadlyaddedc.png

Norwegian Flag With Coat of Arms
Norway origanally existed as several disjointed kingdoms, before unifying during the viking era. The era was one of expansion, with Norway establishing colonies all over the northern atlantic. However Norway declined rapidly as an international power as the black death wiped out nearly half of the Norwegian population. As a result of this the Norwegian royal family died out, and Norway joined an union with Denmark and Sweden which became the Kalmar Union. Norway remained in an union with Denmark for over four centures until 1814.

In 1814 Sweden forced Norway into a union with them, after several failed wars between Denmark-Norway and Sweden. Norway remained in the union until 1905 when Norway dissolved the union. The people of Norway decided by an overwhelming majority to form a monarchy instead of a republic, and Prince Carl of Denmark was chosen because of his ties to the British monarchy. He became Haakon VII, named for the medieval kings of Norway. In 1914 Norway claimed neutrality, however 1,892 Norwegian sailors lost their lives due the U-boat war. An increasingly anti-German sentiment grew, and Norway gave
Britian essential supplies, who in turn supplied Norway with coal.

In 1936 Germany was growing strong once more, Norway knew that one day europe would find itself at war again, consequently Norway began to re-arm to defend itself against German aggession, which would almost surely arise due to Norway's location, which would put britian in range of the Luftwaffe and the Kriegsmarine.

I somehow just love Norway AAR's. Let's see where this one goes.

I'll be following. I tried a game as norway once, i survived amphibious assault but then the germans come with airbornes... good luck!

ScreenSave0.jpg

Democratic Sliders After a Move Towards Deomocracy
ScreenSave1.jpg

Production Sliders
ScreenSave2.jpg

Research into Early Infantry Division is Started
ScreenSave3.jpg

The Norwegian Army
ScreenSave4.jpg

Due to Norway's Central Planningness the Only Unit I Can Afford is Militia
ScreenSave5.jpg

Italy Annexes Ethiopia
ScreenSave6.jpg

The Army Grows
ScreenSave7.jpg

Work is Started on Delay Coctrine
ScreenSave8.jpg

Spanish Civil War Kicks Off
ScreenSave9.jpg

Nationalists Advance

Last edited:
Hm, I see you are building Militia.....are you sure that it wouldn't be better to invest in Infantry?(Militia are weak defensivly and Norway doesn't have much manpower).

I'm gonna give you some hope: I have survived the Axis invasion as Norway and then the Brits came to do the heavy fighting.

General Jac said:
Hm, I see you are building Militia.....are you sure that it wouldn't be better to invest in Infantry?(Militia are weak defensivly and Norway doesn't have much manpower).
Can't afford infantry, because Norway is left wing infantry costs 7 IC, so I have to build militia untill I can move towards Free Market.

ScreenSave10.jpg

9 Militia Divisions Are Produced
ScreenSave11.jpg

ScreenSave12.jpg

Republicans Are Pushed to the South
ScreenSave13.jpg

Work on Agrichemistry is Started
ScreenSave14.jpg

The Second Sino-Japanese War Starts
ScreenSave15.jpg

Spanish Civil War Ends in a Nationalist Victory
ScreenSave16.jpg