Already waiting patches - fastest Paradox game that I stopped playing

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fabiano79

Captain
50 Badges
May 29, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
My first impression of CK III was great and I still think it can be a wonderful game. But, theres too many issues right now and Im already waiting patches. Not even Imperator made me stop playing so fast.

Some problems that I would like to see addressed before I try again:

- AI warfare is very weak and Allies armies are terrible;
- Tribal to feudal needs balance;
- Religion is a mess, heresies everywhere and kings converting way too easily;
- Seduction is too strong (like in CK II), all my wives end up with 6 to 10 kids, most not mine.
- Ironman saves are still being corrupted (even with local save only).

Last edited:
  • 42Like
Reactions:
You didn't even mention the absolute mess that is the Norse AI using Conquest to get counties in south France, north Portugal, southeast Spain, Sardinia, etc.

• 27Like
Reactions:
Bishops (especially the Pope himself) having obscene amounts of wealth towards the end-game is ridiculous as well. Completes ruins the in-game economy as they buy every single mercenary group.

• 24Like
Reactions:
Honestly, it might be the Paradox Release with the least amount of serious bugs and the most polish i´ve witnessed so far. Yes, i´ve seen catholicism being replaced by catharism within 20 years. But i´ve also seen Catholicsim being stable for hundreds of years. I actually want stuff like the conversation of europe to catharism to happen; Not always, but sometimes and so far, at least for me, the frequency of it happening is okay.

I can´t really even verify the bugged ai or the common complaint about seduction; Yes the "disputed heritage" event fires a bit often, but judging by looks, genetic traits and the developer console most kids end up being mine. The ally a.i. is pretty good, i have no complains in this regard; There are some issues with the embark a.i. but nothing game breaking or too constant.

I can totally understand that people are annoyed at any bug; Especially if a playthrough you have invested a lot into ends up being ended by one.

But compared to other releases and patches? Bugs were to be expected. But i´m pleasantly surprised at the lack of *serious* bugs.

Last edited:
  • 30Like
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
Bishops (especially the Pope himself) having obscene amounts of wealth towards the end-game is ridiculous as well. Completes ruins the in-game economy as they buy every single mercenary group.
Yeah, and the fact the AI doesn't build up their baronies keeping their money for ships they don't need, and going into debt for mercs every war. I think its to do with that religious doctrine why the bishops roll in cash.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Honestly, it might be the Paradox Release with the least amount of serious bugs and the most polish i´ve witnessed so far. Yes, i´ve seen catholicism being replaced by catharism within 20 years. But i´ve also seen Catholicsim being stable for hundreds of years. I actually want stuff like the conversation of europe to catharism to happen; Not always, but sometimes and so far, at least for me, the frequency of it happening is okay.

I can´t really even verify the bugged ai or the common complaint about seduction; Yes the "disputed heritage" event fires a bit often, but judging by looks, genetic traits and the developer console most kids end up being mine. The ally a.i. is pretty good, i have no complains in this regard; There are some issues with the embark a.i. but nothing game breaking or too constant.

I can totally understand that people are annoyed at any bug; Especially if a playthrough you have invested a lot into ends up being ended by one.

But compared to other releases and patches? Bugs were to be expected. But i´m pleasantly surprised at the lack of *serious* bugs.

I agree that was a "clean release". Also, the things I want to be addressed are more balance issues than proper bugs. Nevertheless, I just cant play anymore until they are "fixed"

• 30Like
Reactions:
Don't forget that bug where the AI will never do matrilineal marriages. Which makes playing anything other than male successions a complete nightmare to deal with.

• 19Like
Reactions:
I agree that was a "clean release". Also, the things I want to be addressed are more balance issues than proper bugs. Nevertheless, I just cant play anymore until they are "fixed"
I agree with the clean release as well. There is one bug I already complained about today, and it was kinda my final straw as well. Some provinces even when you s8ege down the only castle, for some reason 9nly gives you partial occupation. Yes I checked the temple and city, but my guys wouldn't siege. Stuck at 93% for 12 years until an AI just dowed the enemy and sieged the province from me and annexed.

yeah the no mat marriages kinda is meh as well.

• 3Like
Reactions:

That i can completely understand. I´m also reaching the point at which, while i fully think that the game is playable and fun, i realize that there are some issues which will likely be patched soon and thus waiting a few days before starting a new playthrough seems prudent.

• 5Like
Reactions:
The game-breaking issues in CK3 are simply buried deeper into a typical playthrough than they were in other releases. For example, the significance of stuff like out of control heresies is not obvious until you play CK3 for quite a while. This isn’t like I:R or HOI4, where problems were immediately conspicuous. I get a sense that CK3 will be easier to fix - but it still has a lot of problems to overcome before I would continue playing, let alone recommend it to anyone else.

• 20Like
Reactions:
For casual play it is pretty fun. Just don't get too attached and to serious about it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Yeah, it's not really that much fun at the moment. Compared to a fully DLC'd + HIP moded CK2 experience, it's like: "Pretty gfx, great potential, but meh". But they have introduced some potentially really nice new stuff, such as Stress (which could actually force you to play to your character's traits) and Dread, etc.

Just feels too empty and mechanics which are there do not feel fully fleshed out/balanced. Feels like a lot of stuff is RNG-based placeholder code.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Yeah, it's not really that much fun at the moment. Compared to a fully DLC'd + HIP moded CK2 experience, it's like: "Pretty gfx, great potential, but meh". But they have introduced some potentially really nice new stuff, such as Stress (which could actually force you to play to your character's traits) and Dread, etc.

Just feels too empty and mechanics which are there do not feel fully fleshed out. Feels like a lot of stuff is RNG-based placeholder code.
This. I love the new stuff, but it feels rushed. Like the perk trees need a serious redo, between intrigue and stewardship.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Just feels too empty and mechanics which are there do not feel fully fleshed out/balanced. Feels like a lot of stuff is RNG-based placeholder code.
Yeah the game feels way too empty cuz crusader kings 2 felt like there was way more to do

Reactions:
Agree with most other posters. As PDX games go this launch was very good. But it is a PDX game, lots of stuff needs to be fixed . I am also waiting for the first patch before start a mega campaign.

• 5Like
Reactions:

Agreed. It was so clean, I believe the number one goal with the initial release was to be as bug-friendly and presentable to reviewers as possible with the end-goal being to expand out the code later, and I don't necessarily mean expansion content, but rather the default code.

Here's a code example: I'm the author of a mod that adjusts the lipstick women receive from the "Beauty" trait. After my initial release, I was having requests from players telling me to remove the lipstick... on men. At first I thought it was an issue with my mod, until I looked in Paradox's code and saw there are literally zero conditions for which men receive lipstick. You could have an 80-yr old Viking pagan warlord, raping and pillaging, but as long as he has a Handsome trait, he gets lipstick. Once I discovered that, I had to take a step back. I couldn't believe Paradox was that lazy. I included a fix removing the lipstick on all men until Paradox codes some conditions, especially because Handsome traits are inherited, so the men don't even get to choose whether they're wearing the lipstick or not.

Last edited:
  • 20Haha
  • 9Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:

'My child was still born ;-;'
'Just be happy your wife didn't die in child birth dude'

Reactions: