• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
o_O... Sometimes I wonder why I check anything on April 1st. :p

o_O... Sometimes I wonder why I check anything on April 1st. :p

The title of the "installment" gave it away. Failing to Obliterate Overzealous Lunatics (FOOLs).

The title of the "installment" gave it away. Failing to Obliterate Overzealous Lunatics (FOOLs).

I hadn't even read the title before I saw the head of the power ranger and immediately thought 'oh, April Fools update'.

I'm an April 1st Killjoy though. :p

This conspiracy is beginning to be completly mad!!!

:'( I got scared

Glad you all liked the April Fool's edition of Nightmare.

So communists power ranger versus An dinosaurs Hitler?
i would buy that.:p

Wish I could of somehow thrown in Moon Nazis in there, but it the scene just isn't right yet.

On other notes, 4/4/12 Iron Sky!

Haha...that dinosaur even looks like Adolf....nice Fools day joke....

Now get back to the real story? Is Tristan hit? Is the Fuhrer alive? Is that traitorous Staffenberg dead? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Haha...that dinosaur even looks like Adolf....nice Fools day joke....

Now get back to the real story? Is Tristan hit? Is the Fuhrer alive? Is that traitorous Staffenberg dead? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

"Concealing the Truth" the next installment is currently being converted from hand written form into the Nightmare Word Document. Your questions will be answered soon enough.

Alptraum
An Alternative History Affair
By TekcoR

Concealing the Truth

The second shot from Stauffenberg’s Luger propelled itself forward but to the right of the Führer, missing him by two inches. The bullet burrowed itself through a painting of Fredrick the Great that was behind Hitler. Stauffenberg had completed the fall to the floor, landing on his right side. The pressure from the fall, in addition to my weight on the Colonel, caused his fingers to twitch. Enough force was applied a third shot rang out, the sound amplified by the smallness of the room. Luckily, the shot caused no harm as it slammed three inches above the floor into the wall.

With my left arm I took control of Stauffenberg’s Luger without resistance, and pushed myself off the man to get into an upright position. Within six seconds I was standing over the trembling, twitching Colonel. He was struggling to survive, most likely slowly bleeding out through the wound, but unnoticeable through the uniform. I knelt again, my left knee resting near the Colonel’s chest. I applied pressure through my right hand to the wound below his shoulder, through the armpit. Stauffenberg moaned out in pain, but unable to move on his own accord. I withdrew my arm after holding against the wound for five seconds. Looking at my palm, there was a trace amount of blood. I slowly brought myself to an upright position, while doing so I rolled the Colonel onto his back, which seemed to bring temporary relief to his wailing.

I raised the Luger from my hand at angled it for the correct trajectory. I took a deep breath, and calculated the next action rather hastily. A fourth shot rang out, further silencing the room. I looked at the target, my face showing deep concern. I felt sorrow for the loss of a man, he had done a tremendous amount of work for the cause, yet he had been tempted and corrupted by that nearest and dearest to him. I felt a tear racing down both cheeks.

“You fool!” yelled Martin Bormann, the private secretary of the Führer. He had been present the entire time to the left of Hitler, but I had not noticed him in the flurry of events. I had heard rumors of the influence that Bormann had constructed for himself and I struggled with the temptation to shoot him now. Without a doubt, Bormann, along with many other high ranking officials would eventually have to be dealt with. I took the action that was best for the conspiracy to thrive on. I shrugged off the annoyance and returned my Luger to the holster, though I remained armed and prepared.

I intently watched the Führer and saw him gaze over at Bormann; preventing further out lashes. Hitler slowly pulled himself upwards by placing his left arm against armrest of the couch. The slow pace was interpreted as a sign for assistance by Martin who frenziedly got up. Hitler pushed off the overzealous secretary and continued his struggle to an upright position. The Führer had begun showing signs of deterioration immediately following the betrayal by Stalin; his health had continued to decline nearly unabated. Once reaching his upright position, the Führer closed the distance of about a meter between him and I. He extended his right arm in a congratulatory handshake; which caught me off-guard as I was a sworn enemy of the corporal; though I ended up accepting the handshake. Recognition is recognition. Though this was from an enemy, my confidence had received another boost – I now had a better certainty that the Führer and the regime would crumble on my terms, not others.

“Herr Schnack,” he said in a near whisper; which I barely registered, “you have again proven yourself an extraordinary member of the Fatherland. I wish I had more generals like you.” The ending forced me to hold back a snicker. I am sure my fellow generals, Guderian, Rundstedt and Model were also constraining their own facial expressions. “If more generals were like you, and not like these treasonous bastards behind you, we would be winning this war without question.”

The collective mood of the room dropped upon the end of those very words. “My Führer, if I may speak so bluntly,” I said after a tense ten seconds of silence. I was hoping for the best, but expecting the worse. Hitler nodded in approval. “These men here are innocent. I have recently received information dated today that indicated Stauffenberg was the sole conspirator in this plot. He abused his position as the Chief of Staff of the Reserve Army and issued orders on behalf – unbeknownst – to General Fromm. Herr Fromm gallantly gave his life today when confronting, the Colonel.”

The Führer stood still, his facial expression turning to a less gloomy way. Though he looked ill and fragile, he was still thinking, debating, and preparing. “Tristan, how certain are you that Stauffenberg acted alone?”

“I am beyond certain,” I said as I pulled out the bundle of documents that Speer had handed me earlier. I had a feeling that they would come in handy, so I had kept them without question from the Armaments Minister. “It says here,” I said while flipping to the appropriate page and paragraph, “that Stauffenberg’s family and estate are being held ransom by high ranking members of the Soviet Union.”

I held the documents and watched as Hitler read the document, his eyes stopping before rewinding and re-reading the words. “That sniveling son of a bitch! How dare he give into the Bolshevik conspiracy!” We remained calm; we had all been present at dozens of Hitler’s tirades. He went on for another two minutes, damning the Stauffenberg name. He calmed down, and began to take deep breaths. “Leave Tristan and myself alone,” he said in a calm collected voice. From my peripheral vision I saw Guderian, Rundstedt and Model leave, though Martin remained. “You also Martin,” he said. After another thirty seconds passed before I, Tristan Schnack was all alone with my archenemy.

And, now being alone, Tristan strangles Hitler and then explains: "well, he got in another of his frenzied rambles and asfixiated himself".

Auf wiedereshen, Klaus.

Just shoot him now, then Bormann when he comes in and blame it all on the Count, while sending Rommel, Guderian and Fromm to the East to general against the expected Soviet onslaught

And, now being alone, Tristan strangles Hitler and then explains: "well, he got in another of his frenzied rambles and asfixiated himself".

Auf wiedereshen, Klaus.

Maybe.

Just shoot him now, then Bormann when he comes in and blame it all on the Count, while sending Rommel, Guderian and Fromm to the East to general against the expected Soviet onslaught

We shall see!

Nice..........Stauffenberg is dead....but he should have shot that slobbering butt licker Bormann.....what a pathetic moron he is.....besides...if Bormann is out of the picture...maybe Tristan can be the right hand of der Fuhrer and bring some sanity back to the Bunker....alas..........we shall see.......