• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dont kill Guderian! He's the best.

Hows about Hitler. That would work well

Sucks to be Fromm! I wonder how long it'll be before another one bites it. Hopefully not Guderian, I do loves him!

I
A Random Character Not Yet Introduced

Please not the lady who serves the coffee!

i don't know maybe AH so Tristan survives, i don't think he would have an good chance as Hitler was not found for the idea of "forgiveness"
other option is Stauffenberg sacrificing himself so the others could escape.

And please again not Guderian he still don't finishes his book.

Alptraum
An Alternative History Affair
By TekcoR

Shroud of Secrecy

Speer and I proceeded down the hall away from the group lead by Colonel Stauffenberg. We halted at doors I had never seen before. The plaque to the right of the door indicated that the room was Hitler’s work study; which stood a jaw-dropping four hundred square meters. When I was the Chief of Staff of the Reserve Army, I had met the Führer at a minimum of once a week, often within this very building; however we had never met above ground because of security purposes. The room felt enormous compared to the large conference room within the Führerbunker or the Vorbunker. I would much have preferred to have meetings in the well lit, spacious room, compared to the cramped, stuffy and damp smelling rooms of the bunkers.

The decoration was quite simple, yet seemed more elegant that what was provided in the bunkers. I later learned that the furniture had been taken from the Chancellery to decorate the bunker interiors, but I still do not believe such a statement. On the far side of the room from where we stood, there was a simple wooden desk with a comfortable looking chair. Both pieces of furniture were overshadowed by a gigantic picture of a godlike Adolf Hitler. To the sides of the rooms were numerous pictures and busts of the Führer’s personal hero, Frederick the Great who was responsible for the enlargement of the Kingdom of Prussia; which later formed the German Empire.

Hitler's Work Study in the Reich Chancellery building.​

“Tristan, the Führer knows, because as I said earlier, I told him.” Speer did not need to repeat the obvious, I was like the rest of the group – I shared the thought of reaction against this second traitor; however the action was subdued because as a general of the German people, one must have better behavior than simply brute force. Speer paused for three seconds before continuing “but he does not know the full extent of the truth. None of you do,” he said rather ominously.

“What?” is all I could muster in response, my face was visibly shaken.

“Three weeks ago, I received intelligence that Colonel Stauffenberg was planning a full scale drill of Operation Valkyrie to act as cover for his actions today. I was intrigued by this communication I received and thoroughly investigated and followed the leads, leading to a disturbing find,” he paused for emphasis and suspense, hoping to make me ask why, but I patiently waited.

“Stauffenberg has been turned, not against the conspiracy to remove Hitler and the regime, but rather he has been working with the Soviets. It all goes back to the betrayal by Joseph Stalin on April 1st, 1942. I believe you can recollect the events and how quickly we were gave up territory in the hopes of eventually stemming the bleeding. Though the loss of territory allowed us to consolidate our forces and eventually cease Soviet gains, the majority of Bavaria was loss.” I nodded, well aware of the past events.
“Though trivial in the overall picture, but relevant in this current situation, one town cannot be overlooked. The township of Jettingen, the home of the Stauffenberg Castle, was captured in the last days of 1942. We had attempted to evacuate as many citizens as possible during the difficult period after the invasion; however the Soviet forces always seemed to move faster than we could. Unfortunately, it did not come to my attention until after receiving the intercepted communication, that Stauffenberg’s family was captured.”

I interrupted, before he could continue. “You mean the main I appointed as my replacement has always been working with the Soviets?” It was a disturbing thought then, as much as it still is. If I had known I never would have nominated the man to the vital position.

“Yes, but he is not a communist,” Speer pointed out with emphasis. “His family and estate are being held ransom. They are to be released if Stauffenberg fulfills his end of the agreement. Ironically in this situation, the Führer is not the primary objective of the plot. I will let you read,” he said while pulling out a bound document from the breast pocket of his trench coat. I eagerly accepted the document from Speer’s extended right arm.

‘The elimination of generals Guderian, Rundstedt, Model, Ringel, Rommel of OB West Dietrich of 1 SS Panzerarmee, and Hoth of 2 SS Panzerarmee are important targets that are to be eliminated. Your family will be not be harmed,’ I stopped reading the document after that; afraid if I continued I would drop the document. My eyes quickly scanned the top part of the document, and re-read three letters of a name that had been crossed out, Sch----.

I still find the words I said next ironic. “If I understand this correctly, the best way to save the Reich is to save the man we are trying to overthrow?”

Speer nodded. “Exactly, I wish we could simply remove Hitler at this current date, but without Goring or other top members of the regime here, it would all be for naught. The conspiracy would simply achieve Stauffenberg’s current objective if the Führer is killed at this present time.”

I agreed with the Armaments Minister’s assessment of the situation. If Stauffenberg “failed” to kill Hitler; would trigger an enormous purge of generals defending the Reich. Without competent leaders, the troops crumble allowing for the Soviets to overrun them and occupy the country without major resistance. Not only would the entirety of the Fatherland be under communist rule, Europe would fall under Stalin’s rule. While not necessarily agreeing to the premise of saving a man I despised, there were no other alternatives that promised a better future. I did not want to trade one dictator for another.

Last edited:
Ooh, drama! This plot surely needs to be stopped!

So next time Tristian sees the count is he liable to simply cap him?

If the conspirators have not realized that removing Hitler alone would not solve the problem until being at the Chancellery itself, it's cleary a SNAFU.

Ooh, drama! This plot surely needs to be stopped!

The plot to kill Hitler (right now) will come to an end here soon. Either one or two more installments.

So next time Tristian sees the count is he liable to simply cap him?

To put it so bluntly, yes.

If the conspirators have not realized that removing Hitler alone would not solve the problem until being at the Chancellery itself, it's cleary a SNAFU.

Situation Normal: All Fracked Up! Perhaps FUBAR is more....suitable? Fracked Up Beyond All Recognition?

While we don't end all going fugazi, I don't mind SNAFU or FUBAR.

The next few updates have been written up. They are "Buried in the Bunker"; "Concealing the Truth" and "Alone in the Bunker". No estimated time for publication of these next installments, stay tuned!

Another turn of events. I was caught off guard....but you have been doing that to us all along havent you TekcoR? Stringing us along on this rollercoaster ride...........Where will it end?

My thoughts are that Stauffenberg must die for assisting the Soviets...even if it is to save his family....there is no Honor in betraying the Reich......for Communists!! But let Guderian live....he is the finest panzer commander ever!!

Wow, the suspense!!!

Can't live without suspense? [Does dramatic 24-TV-Show clock count down]. :D

Another turn of events. I was caught off guard....but you have been doing that to us all along havent you TekcoR? Stringing us along on this rollercoaster ride...........Where will it end?

My thoughts are that Stauffenberg must die for assisting the Soviets...even if it is to save his family....there is no Honor in betraying the Reich......for Communists!! But let Guderian live....he is the finest panzer commander ever!!

Stringing you along? I think I'm stringing myself along on this ride. I have a three-to-five sentences of description which I expect to happen every installment. Sometimes this changes, and we get more installments.

Right now the chances of everybody except Tristan dying is pretty high. If I were to give percentages of chance of death they would be like:

Stauffenberg 99.9%
Guderian 75%
Model 75%
Rundstedt 75%
Hitler 50%

In the next installment, somebody does die.

I would rather like to see at least Guderian or Model stay alive...you would need those guys on the front badly.

Aside from that, I must say that I have really read those chapters with awe and I was amazed and positively surprised to read how the plot went. Really breathtaking piece of written art! Can't wait for the next update, you surely know how to create those cliffhangers :p.

Tim

I would rather like to see at least Guderian or Model stay alive...you would need those guys on the front badly.

Aside from that, I must say that I have really read those chapters with awe and I was amazed and positively surprised to read how the plot went. Really breathtaking piece of written art! Can't wait for the next update, you surely know how to create those cliffhangers :p.

Tim

Thank you. About those cliffhangers....

Alptraum
By TekcoR

Buried in the Bunker

I raced through the halls of the Reich Chancellery, accelerating with every step towards the entrance of the Vorbunker. I thought the situation rather fool hardy, and did not understand how Stauffenberg thought to escape or achieve the necessary reaction from the Führer. Unless, Stauffenberg was planning to sacrifice himself in order to save his family. However, that a series of questions to be answered. How did Stauffenberg plan to communicate with the Soviets that the task had been completed? And if he were to be sacrificed, who would be the one to kill him? Pondering these questions I hurried through the corridors narrowly avoiding an officer who was stunned by the commotion.

“Get out of the way!” I yelled, as I entered the Vorbunker, brandishing a Luger in my right hand, ammunition already in the magazine. “The Führer is in trouble!” Those words stunned those who were not already paralyzed by the ongoing action. I continued on through the dining area of the bunker, dropping jaws from men who were mid-chew on their food. I barreled through the crowd in the conference room, jumping onto the table and dragging a map behind me for a few steps. I reached the stairs towards the Führerbunker, slightly winded but determined to carry on.

As I turned left before reaching the second set of stairs, I saw a young soldier who was un-phased by the commotion. “Halt!” he yelled while fumbling for his weapon an MP40.

Without thinking, I charged the soldier, and pushed him into the wall and darted away from the scene through the two doors that normally would have sealed the Führerbunker from the Vorbunker. I calmly collected myself once through the second door, and closed it before locking it. I did not think about the men currently within the Führerbunker, I didn’t even see if there was anybody else in the bunker except the Führer, Guderian, Rundstedt, Model and Stauffenberg. I about faced after sealing the second door and saw that the lounge of the bunker was cluttered with drunken officers, a few sleeping, others about to pass out, but all too far beyond assisting or hindering me.

I vividly remember when reporting to the Führerbunker before, that it was a cesspool of defeatism. Days after the announcement that Stalin had betrayed Hitler, the bunker became a place of low morale. Though the situation had stabilized and showed signs of improvement since the tumultuous year of 1942. When I was the Chief of Staff of the Reserve Armee, I disliked visiting the bunker for this very reason. The bunker had a stench that infected the very soul, and would take days sometimes weeks to recover off depending on the duration of ones visit.

I continued my journey through the lounge of the Führerbunker, though not at a hurried pace as before. As I entered another conference room, I could hear banging against the metal door that I had locked. I turned my head over my left shoulder, but continued walking towards the door towards Hitler’s office that was wide open. I narrowly avoided falling face to the ground as I entered the Führer’s private office. A drunker officer had stumbled into the conference room and collapsed. Just feet before me was another door, this one to Hitler’s sitting room. The door looked closed, but as I quietly approached I saw the door was nine tenths closed. Through the narrow of opening, I could make out what appeared to be Hitler sitting on a couch, and another figure holding a gun.

I received confirmation of where Stauffenberg stood, though his voice was partially dulled by the door. “…for your crimes against the German nation, you have been found guilty by the people present and the generals of the Wehrmacht. Your sentence is death; which is to be carried out without delay!”

Hitler was remarkably subdued given the situation; which surprised me as I prepared for the coming actions. I took a deep breath and braced my left arm against the door, my right arm to my side prepared to raise and aim. I hesitated, slowly counting to three, my favorite number that represents the number of offspring I have. The count then became five, representing my immediate family. After reaching five I exerted an extraordinary amount of strength through my left arm and took steps forward, pushing the door open. I simultaneously raised my right arm.

The door slammed against the wall and swung back before coming to a halt. I came to a halt three steps inside the private sitting room and adjusted the sights of the Luger and fired. The next seconds went by in slow motion. I meticulously watched the bullet spin as it propelled through the stuffy air to its target. It seemed to take ten seconds before the bullet smashed through the left arm pit of Stauffenberg who began to lean to the right. Time sped up as I then charged directly at Stauffenberg. Right before I was about to hit the Colonel, a shot rang out.

If in the end Klaus kills Hitler I'm going to laugh at the sheer madness of it.

Very tense, good cliffhanger!

Alptraum
By TekcoR

Failing to Obliterate Overzealous Lunatics

I had lunged towards Stauffenberg and was stopped mid-air by a powerful force which guided me to the wall opposite wall of my targets position. Stauffenberg turned his around, looking at me, the wound miraculously healed. "Tristan, poor poor Tristan," he said his voice radically changed. "You do not understand the true power of the anti-Nazi conspiracy. Behold, I am reborn!"

Hitler began to cackle with glee. He methodically stood up without problem as was his custom. "I stand before you, pathetic fools the true master of the German race!" he said, as he had undergone his own transformation. I...was horrified. "Before I finish you off treasonous Stauffenberg, first I must snack!"

The powerful being Hitler had transformed into gobbled up Martin Bormann who had been sitting next to him in one fell swoop. Without chewing, Hitler swallowed him whole. Now the battle royale could begin.