• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
People may be more willing to follow now. With Hausser dead, they may lose faith in the Nazi leadership

On the fifth day of Nightmare, TekcoR told me to ask him five questions.

Please feel free to gather some questions about anything related to stuff I've written and I'll answer them in detail!

How does this all end?

Nah, how active are the partisans in this timeline? i.e French, German in Soviet territory, etc. I have more but they'll wait

My question is: How is the front? :D

WIth ME 262 in action, how is going the aerial war?

How does this all end?

Nah, how active are the partisans in this timeline? i.e French, German in Soviet territory, etc. I have more but they'll wait

Well....I don't exactly know how it will end, but I think Tristan Schnack will live (he kind of has to as the story is told through his perspective). The French partisans are really mild, I've had a few uprising in game, and the bombing of the troop train that lead to Hausser's death was just one of the scenarios I decided to include in this. German partisans are a joke really, they haven't done diddly squat.

My question is: How is the front? :D

Holding. Very precarious actually. I hesitated for awhile before withdrawing the SS Panzerarmee. They literally were a stop gap measure if the Soviets decided to attack in force. There were several skirmishes they had stopped before they became anything major. Right now, the front will be focusing on southern France - I gotta recapture my beloved Bordeaux!

WIth ME 262 in action, how is going the aerial war?

I'm winning and losing it. Some months I'm gaining unity for shooting down tons of aircraft, other months I'm witnessing a loss unity. Such is life.

The 12 Days of Nightmare have been cancelled. I'm a little busier than I expected during the holidays and don't have the time to write.

I may have some time to write in a few days or after Christmas, until then cheers!

Damn. We'll be here, never mind...

Subscribed as well. Nice AAR.

KLorberau

Wow...I find this AAR and you go off for Christmas fun??? hahaha....I will eagerly await the resumption of this AAR....but as someone else said....more photos!!! More maps!!! (although i did like the nightmare music video). Keep up the great writing.

KLorberau

Just an update.

Apparently I'm suffering from the great friend known as writer's block or whatever people want to call it. On top of that, my schedule is quite hectic with a lot of training. I cannot make any promises but I want to continue working on Nightmare if I can get some time. I have about 2-3 free hours a day right now. How much of those 2-3 free hours a day are spent on the computer is about, 30-60 minutes.

We'll wait, Teckor, don't worry.

Some updates:
  • I have dreamt about Nightmare.
  • I have opened up the Word Document that contains the Story and Details. (An accomplishment, considering they haven't been open for awhile).
  • I have looked at the photos and screenshots taken for Nightmare.
  • I also joined the United States Army, and will not be available after Memorial Day 2012. I'll see if I start up Nightmare again, if not you know why I'm hesitant.

Enjoy for now!

Last edited:
Just casually chuck the last one in there.

Alptraum (Nightmare)
An Alternative History Affair
By TekcoR

A New Destination

I kneeled before the lifeless Hausser; unable to hold back my tears I resembled a child who had loss his favorite toy. War it seems is the only acceptable place where grown men can cry without fear of societal retribution. In his brief time as my host, I had learned quickly why his men had trusted him so dearly. After what felt like hours kneeling before Papa’s corpse, I noticed several SS men gathering above me. I respectfully bestowed my last thoughts with Papa before collecting myself and allowing his men to display their own grief.

The loss of Hausser would greatly affect not only our upcoming offensive to push the Allied forces out of southern France and back across the Pyrenees. The SS would be going into the battle with heavy hearts, and I did not know how they would react. Guderian and I hoped that their sense duty would be increased and their fury could be unleashed against the unsuspecting Allies. What the men around me did not know, that Hausser was an essential piece of the puzzle in the plan to remove the Nazi regime.

Over the past few days, Papa and I had developed a plan to be carried out over the winter and into early 1945. Hausser had convinced me that he would be able to persuade fellow SS generals like Sepp Dietrich, commander of the panzer division that bore Hitler’s name, to join in a revolution to save Germany but not the Third Reich from destruction. After the offensive in southern Spain, I with Guderian’s approval arranged for the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (Dietrich) and Das Reich (Hausser), to be assigned to refit outside of Berlin in late December. The plan was simple. At a prearranged moment, the order would be given and the hierarchy of the Nazi leadership would be arranged and dealt with.

But none of that would happen now. Without Hausser, I did not feel comfortable putting my neck on the line again. Hausser was my point man, he knew his fellow generals better than I did. The plan for the restoration of Germany would have to be modified. There were alternative plans, most of them I thought unworthy of pursuing to much degree. I am still highly against explosives placed in the Fuhrer bunker - Hausser had shared his objections to the alternatives. I had an idea in mind, but I couldn’t really fathom at the time doing what the plan entailed.

Two days has passed since the attack by the Mustangs. I have remembered how to repress my thoughts about Hausser. He has become a distant memory similar to Captain Einswald. Rhiley and I are relatively quiet during the remaining trip to the staging ground just outside of Toulouse. The whole train was eerily quiet. All of us had witnessed some form of loss, but it was never easy to accept. War is all about a person being alive at one moment then dead the next. In combat it was easier to overlook the death of a comrade, as time did not cease, bullets still whizz past your head, and artillery shells still explode sending tremors down your spine. The events around you force you to forget the death of a friend. Yet on the train it was different. There was no bullet or shell with your name that forced you to minimize the loss.

As we depart the train, the collective mood of whole changes from desolate to energetic. The men are willing to avenge the loss of Hausser and their comrades, even though the foe we are attacking were not responsible for the death – they will have to bear our retribution. I have some radical thoughts about spearheading the attack. In memory of Hausser, I seriously had thought about seeking to join the Waffen SS. I had done something similar many decades before. Einswald had always dreamt of becoming a staff officer, and was suppose to transition into the role before his death.

Last edited:
Nice.....let us see how the winds of war turn out in this AAR.........

KLorberau

Very well written, I'm enjoying the Narrative approach. Subscribed and good luck to the hopefully coming coup!

And thus the problem becomes almost impossible to solve...

Glad to have you back.