• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blaeys

Second Lieutenant
49 Badges
Nov 2, 2011
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Empire of Sin
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
First of all, I think the game is fun - and much better than it was at launch.

That said, there is still a big piece missing. There is no strategic depth to the game. Combat is fun - and in a good place as far as Im concerned. The story elements are good. But every campaign plays out pretty much the exact same time - kill time until the RNG gods reveal a boss's HQ. It doesnt even matter how many speaks/breweries/etc you build - as long as you keep the bare minimum needed to maintain a single stacked crew. You really cant even speed up how fast you reveal that HQ.

Once you know that location, you go fight a single fight and wait until the next one is revealed - rinse and repeat.

The game needs a lot - a proper squad system, a reason to build several squads, and - MOST IMPORTANTLY - greater strategic depth on the campaign map. The upcoming update/DLC promises some of this (and I have high hopes), but we are getting close to a year from release and we dont even have a release window (will it be this year, next, into 2023 - we have no idea) for that release.

Im a firm believer in giving developers the benefit of the doubt - to avoid crunch and to ensure they take the time to get things right - but right now this game feels like it is in limbo. I cant make myself play it in its current form - because I keep thinking the "big update" is right around the corner - while, at the same time, wondering if it will even come in the next year.

I dont expect a release date, but a better idea of where we are in the development process is pretty much a must have at this point.

Again, I want to iterate that I love what they have done so far. I just still believe the game is missing something - something I know they know they need to fix. I want to play this again. So, to the developers, give us a beacon of hope - let us know if things are on hold or at least the year in which we should expect the next update. Hope that doesn't come across as negative - it isnt meant to be.

i wouldn't expect it to be that far away. certainly not 2023