Allow "Offer To Join War" For Civil Wars Supporting Your Religion, Same As For External Holy Wars; Revise "Political Concerns" Objection to Alliance

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kaczynskisatva

Second Lieutenant
Sep 2, 2021
After sponsoring the Great Conversion of a neighboring realm, a civil war broke out almost immediately, with the casus belli "county_name Revolt in War Against The Great country_name Conversion." The freshly converted-to-my-religion leader, despite being given a gift to get his opinion up to 100 with me, does not want to accept an Alliance due to "political concerns", and I cannot offer to join this war.

There are two problems with this situation.

Firstly - any war against a great conversion to my religion, especially one which I sponsored, should be a war I can "offer to join war" for regardless of Alliance status, the same as any external holy war. It is, in cause, a holy war - just a holy civil war.

Secondly, and probably more importantly to the game, as it affects more situations:

The "political concerns" objection to joining an Alliance should be drastically modified by how threatened a potential ally feels by his neighbors and by factions within his realm, and by the degree to which he is losing any war he is in, as my neighbors in this case are presently losing, multiplied by the real or potential casus belli his neighbors or factions can or would employ against him. It should, in fact, flip to positive - political concerns should positively compel him to want to accept an alliance with me, and he should feel much more compelled when defeat in the war would result in the surrender of his title or its abdication to a non-dynastic heir, than in cases where defeat in war would simply result in the loss of some outlying provinces.

This would, obviously, encapsulate the despicable nature of human behavior - people will prance about and make excuses when they feel like they don't really need you, but when they're about to get steamrolled and you're in a position to save them, they're suddenly your best friend since childhood.

Upvote 0