• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(439)

Recruit
Nov 9, 2000
Visit site
Hi
I am playing a GC with France and after having declare war to Naples I was unable to go through Savoie although France had an alliance with this country.
The rules read though (page 93 last §) :
'when at war, allied territories are accessible.
In peace time only vassal territories.'
Is it a bug or have I misunderstood something ?
Or alliances with minor countries are just defensive ?

great game though

Have you call your allies to join the war (a little flag appears in the upper right corner)?

If yes, has Savoy honor the alliance and join the war?

If the response is yes to the two, it's probably a bug.

Sarges is of course right.
But I'll tell you an annectote. When that part of the manual was written the 'Call your Allies' function was not yet in the game and that is the reason for the very general formulation.

/Greven

ooops !
Thanks a lot Sarges and Greven, I didn't noticed that little flag in the top right corner!
But the rules are not very explicite...
Another question : when a new ally is invited in a military alliance after a war has been declared, is it possible for this new ally to join the war ?

Originally posted by Bayard:
ooops !
Thanks a lot Sarges and Greven, I didn't noticed that little flag in the top right corner!
But the rules are not very explicite...
Another question : when a new ally is invited in a military alliance after a war has been declared, is it possible for this new ally to join the war ?

No unfortenantely not...

/Greven

What do you mean, Greven ?

Of course the new ally can join the war. He has but to declare war and there he is. Only, he'll be waging the war as a separate identity (with possible loss in stability according to the general rules).
This is at it should be and nothing unfortunate about it.