• Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

Broadside3

Corporal
10 Badges
Dec 25, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
I am not sure if this is a bug, but it was strange regardless.

4 player FFA with 2 AIs and 2 human players. We dod this with early invasion to see the new expansion content. It ended up being so difficult that we needed to ally up to fight against the early invasion.

1st oddity: when we killed a spawn point, it only counted for the player who moved their stack onto it, not the other.

2nd oddity: upon having one of us get the 3 spawn points to break the shield, we took down the final point and then I was able to claim victory, but my ally never did. The game was not over on the server, and I was able to rejoin it.

3rd oddity: the one AI that teamed up with the voidbringers was not dead after the voidbringer invasion was thwarted.

How is it supposed to work? I expect that allying up against the voidbringers would be common due to how strong they can be.

Jordi Engel

General
Feb 18, 2019
Hey Broadside, thanks for reaching out. 1. is correct behaviour, Spawner destruction is only counted for the player that destroys the spawner. 2. That should normally indeed end the game. Do you know whether Allied Victory was enabled during setup? What happened when you ended the turn after rejoining? 3. seems related to two in that for some reason the victory/ending was not processed as expected.

Broadside3

Corporal
10 Badges
Dec 25, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
1. Understood
2. I did not change the setting to allow for alliance victory, is there a way to check? The game is still up. When we completed the turn after I got the victory screen (and i had trouble reconnecting to the game... had to close and restart planetfall)
3. Makes sense. I will try to see if alliance victory was disabled. Even if it was, I still got the victory speech after clicking claim victory and the game didnt end.

I will report back after we play again on the setting.

Thanks for replying!

Broadside3

Corporal
10 Badges
Dec 25, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
I did not find a way to check the settings, but I am confident that I did not disable alliance victory.

Broadside3

Corporal
10 Badges
Dec 25, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
Alright, so we finally got around to finishing the game. Alliance victory seemed to be off because we had killed all other players. But then we realized that "last man standing" was disabled because the voidbringer invasion was still not quelled even though I had clearly killed it. (the quest was still in the top left even though there was no quest location on the minimap and we had already completed it)

Then we went on to try domination but that didn't trigger. We finally won with a doomsday operation (my ally also won, so I believe that alliance victory was enabled).