• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tudyboss

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Oct 6, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Sadly enough, my previous AAR had to see a sudden ending, but fear not! I come forth and present you a new AAR, this one more heavily focused on roleplay, with not so competitive players but hopefully enough action to keep you guys entertained. Here's the player list, again for future reference:
TotalWarNinja - Savoy
Roman - Brandenburg
Tudor - The Ottomans
Cladboy - Austria
Blogman - France
Sebikos - England
ImperialDane - Castille
Basileus - The Teutonic Order
Ugandaboy - Madurai
Bobdylan21 - Ming
Teagis - Portugal
Same old Saturday sessions with updates (hopefully) coming on Sunday.
Without further ado, welcome to the glorious Ottoman realm!
welcometotheinternetill.jpg

(that was a bit exaggerated wasn't it?)

Call me Abdul. I was assigned by Allah to be the most trustworthy advisor for all glorious leaders of our mighty nation, as well as to tell you the great tale of its forming! It is now the 734th year since Profet Muammad's Great Journey, and in the past few decades our people have become the dominant force in Anatolia, slowly pushing off those pesky greek infidels from our rightful homelands.
eu314u.jpg

This is just the beginning! Our most glorious Padishah has made great plans! He dreams of a mighty force stretching from the Adriatic coast up to the Carpathians, circumventing the Black Sea, through the Caucusus and down southwards to the Persian Gulf,where the Eufratus flows into the sea, then around the arabian deserts encompassing the Holy Lands of all of Allah's sons, and finally up to the African Great Desert.
73704370.png

That is, of course, a big set of goals, but none of which are unachievable, Inshallah**. Our armies stand tall with no fear in their hearts against our enemies, and they, only they, shall undoubtedly be able to fullfill our Padishah's dream, for they are the warriors of Allah, who carry with them His banners and have His blessing bestowed upon them.
26924236.png

(I'm sorry, I just have to say that is one sexy coat of arms there)

Whether you are a friend or a foe of Allah, as long as you don't usurp those who have faith in Him, you are welcome to visit our most glorious empire and be amazed by its wonders, as well as joining me in this wonderful tale. Make yourself comfortable, for it shall be a long and captivating story.

*Allahu Akbar= Allah is (the)greatest.
**Inshallah= If Allah wills it
***One last note, this AAR is probably going to be typo-heavy, and I try to correct the ones I see, but please forgive me for the ones I don't.

Last edited:
I just started playing a Ottoman game in D&T too.I will be following this!

Glad to see another ottoman AAR, and glad to see another multiplayer AAR. These are becoming more popular, much to my delight. Also, what is the approximate skill-level of this group? Are any players newer to the multiplayer scene? Perhaps you could give a short description next to each player's name.

@Cataphractoi: Pretty much all of the players are slightly above average.There will be minor mistakes and a slight lack of exploiting the mechanics.

Sidenote: I was actually banned from the game for not showing affinity to its forum by posting this AAR here, but thankfully all I had to do was to copy and paste it to the other forum and my ban was lifted. In the end, what will probably happen is I'll be posting this on both the Paradox forum and the other forum. Personally, I suggest checking out the game's forum too, as it also features player interaction, rules etc.: http://europa.freeforums.org/8th-game-death-and-taxes-9-5-f21.html

Unfortunately(and I hate having to use this word again), there was a bit of an issue with our game.
eu31f.jpg

This is my situation at the game's start. As you can clearly see, 6 of my cores simply aren't there. I find it really strange,since not a day has passed,therefor there's no way that any event could be held responsible(not that any event can cause that AFAIK). I suppose there was simply a problem with our game, also considering that the HRE was bugged, with no emperor and glitched interface. Anyway, I demanded that the game is restarted once a solution is found(and if you have one,please inform me about it), so look forward to that. If (for some weird reason) the game won't be restarted, I suppose I'll post what happened this session. Best wishes from Abdul.

Last edited:
My suggestion to restart the game was not approved, however, I edited the save and added 5 of my 6 missing cores(for some reason,the 6th, Yazgod, didn't work, but it's fine anyway). Now, I'm waiting for this save to be approved and used in the next session(which I may not be able to take part of,but that's a different story). Let's hope for the best.

I've decided to stop waiting for that save to be approved and actually update my post. By the way, when I write yellow-coloured text, I do it outside of the storyline, as an explanation.

Very well, now, let's start our tale, shall we? Back in 734, the empire was merely at its genesis, after pushing the heathen greeks away from Anatolia. The brave turks were still facing them for their european possesions, as well as the burning desire of taking their most wonderful city, Constantinople. With the byzantine capital in its hands, our mighty nation would no longer fear anyone in their immediate vicinity. Therefor, a war was declared on the byzantines, right as we begin our tale, a war for the righteous conquest of their entire nation.
eu31f.jpg

The byzantine armies melted at our glorious Padishah's arrival in front of the ottoman regiments. Unfortunately, we weren't the only ones to seek this opportunity. While we destroyed the byzantine army, a bulgarian one sallied forth into Kozani, with the goal of making the greeks into loyal vassals of their realm. As we were blocking their access to Edirne and Constantinople, they settled peace for Kozani.
87067411.png

The war was going well. No one could stop our glorious armies! The future was looking bright for our Padishah...if only he didn't pass away. His successor was a newborn son, and the country fell into many years of idle regency.
49212278.png

The war was not over yet! We were still at the gates of the City of the World's desire! Foolish we were. It wasn't going to be that easy. An astonishing army of 28000 byzantine nobles burst out of the gates and slaughered our disheartened men. We had no option but to leave the conquest of Constantinople for another day.
96969164.png

Not much of interest happened during the regency. Outside of our realm, the european theatre was shaping nicely. The nations of Savoy and Sardinia decided to forge a united kingdom, by the name of Sardinia-Piedmont, which gave these barey influencial countries a somewhat important role in the italian theatre. Austria and Brandenburg patritioned Bohemia between themselves, leaving a much weaker nation consisting of 5 provinces.
15564781.png

89296690.png

Meanwhile, back in Anatolia, a mongol tribe by the name of the Eretnids was slowly expanding, and at their peak governed over 5 provinces. Little did they know how unstable their realm truly was. All it took was a bag of coins for rebels to take over their lands in the name of the Padishah, which left them wih only one province and made our empire stronger. The rebels didn't stop there, though, and they took over the small nation of Candar, adding that to our domain as well.
30393192.png

Shortly afterwards, young Numan finally came of age and the regency council was disbanded. Long live the new Padishah and his son Alam!
30626853.png

For now, our story ends. Progress was made, but not as much as was hoped. Fear not, though, as young Numan is a very promising Padishah! We are surrounded by opportunities, as well as enemies. The Jalayrids are now a big and strong country that can become a friend or a foe. The Knights have grown, but their state is weak and ripe for taking. The greeks are still a thorn in our side, but one that shall be taken care of soon enough. We are not in a great position, but in one that is manageable, and with wise decisions, we can finally start gaining influence and becoming a major power on the world's stage.
-Abdul
92685323.png

Quite a left footed start, I'd say, and those missing cores didn't help either(hopefully it'll be fixed). Bad luck can do a lot in this game. I'll be missing next session and may or may not get myself a sub, and even if I do get one, he probably won't be able to take screenshots. Anyway, I'll see you for the next update.

Last edited: