• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PattonsProtege

Recruit
37 Badges
Nov 17, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
ive done a full clean reinstall already, ironman mode games crash immediately, non ironman mode games crash on the first day of the next month. this wasnt a problem until i got the new subcription service. have tried loading the game in different methods, from resume, continue game, and manually after hitting single player.

Attachments

• lars muscovy test.eu4
    6,3 MB · Views: 0
  • Muscovy1466_08_28.eu4
    7,7 MB · Views: 0
What version and checksum show in the main game menu?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

What version and checksum show in the main game menu?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .
v1.32.1.0 checksum is (78cb) i think? and the current error log is empty i guess, these are the other 2 logs in the directory.

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    323 bytes · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    2,1 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    5 KB · Views: 0
  • error_old.log
    33,5 KB · Views: 0
  • error_old_old.log
    16,1 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    121,3 KB · Views: 0
You may as well update that nVidia driver to November 2021:

And I see crashes in eu4.exe in that dxdiag. What antivirus app do you use? Add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

i just have windows defender rn, and eu 4 is allowed. updated the driver, the same problem persists, it seems that the current error log updated with the crash after i updated the driver, save game loaded fine, and at the turn of the month the game crashed.

Attachments

• error.log
    16,1 KB · Views: 0
Earlier as in before the current patch 1.34.1 ?

Those saves crash for me too. This does look like a bug now, I'm afraid. Most likely it only happens with a particular DLC involved that you did not have access to before.

Please make a new thread over in Bug Reports, and attach those save games from above for QA to look into.

Sorry about that!

just did and thank you! out of curiousity is there a rough estimate on how long it generally takes to get these things looked at? im sure you guys are super busy and its understandable if it takes awhile, id just like to have an idea of how long it will be if thats possible.

If this campaign is using Random New World, that setup is starting to look like it causes game bug, I'm afraid.

Until it can be fixed please only play campaigns without using that feature.

Sorry about that!