• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ahh, the fun and games of being a Tyrant. Is it really worth it?

Deceitful, narrow-minded and uncaring, doesn't bode well for the upbringing and care for her son. Couldn't you have found someone better? Who is taking care of your second son?
Why, the nannies of course. :p
Wherever a dynasty arises, dynastic feuds and scheming are sure to follow.
Ain't that the truth.:)
Pamphylia is lucky to be under your protection. Who would dare stand against Rhodes at this point?
Only one in reach would be Carthage I guess, they have a little less than half my cohorts.
Ahh, the fun and games of being a Tyrant. Is it really worth it?
You ask me, no. Give me a peaceful and quiet life. :p You ask Themistios OTOH...;)

Chapter XXX - The Rule of Themistios Mithridatids
Ah, the life of a Tyrant. The Judeans, that happy lot, have been granted protection from danger.

7mrE9zS.png

Not to be any worse, I negotiate the same terms for Bithynia.

EDdBNjX.png

And Aetolia. After losing to us and then to Carthage, they saw the error of their ways.

Kc67R5D.png

Then Trapezous got the same offer, and accepted. Being a Tyrant is good.

dKSbm3H.png

Of course, the happiness couldn't last forever. Some relative just had to be plotting!

pRFW2CI.png

Thankfully, the plot went nowhere.

GHleVlK.png

It's good to be the Tyrant.

Moving right along.

I imagine he probably can't manage to live long enough to see out the game, but possibly his successor will.

Plotting, submitting other people, etc. Just your standard tyrant stuff, please move along.
And more submitting it will be!
Moving right along.

I imagine he probably can't manage to live long enough to see out the game, but possibly his successor will.
Well, he's closing in on 70, but it's only 9 years left of the game...

So many tributes... Rhodes has found a new way to conquer.

Ahh, I couldn't remember the AUC end-date

Coming into the home stretch...
Yes. Not long left now!
So many tributes... Rhodes has found a new way to conquer.
Yep, not too bad. I almost got Cilicia, but they had -2 until accepting on the best terms I could get with gifts and embassies...
Just waiting for the game to crash due to cash overflow!!!
Ah that won't happen. I just stop getting more than 99500-something. Been like that for ages.
Ahh, I couldn't remember the AUC end-date
No worries. :D

All: I would love to post another update, but my internet has been out all day...:(

Chapter XXXI - The Rule of Themistios Mithridatids
So. Not all like my son as heir. Some even think themselves disloyal to me. The people need to be distracted. War with Egypt should fix that.

cUDVLdH.png

That of course doesn't mean we won't seek vassals the peaceful way too. I'm particulary pleased with securing the allegiance of Byzantion.

kv244tZ.png

Paonia is also a nice little catch.

gskyAes.png

But the most prestigeous of them all; the vassalization of both Macedon and Phrygia, age old enemies of Rhodes!

KYLnKgq.png

9IFhfJM.png

I'm feeling in a good mood, and take on Carthage for good measure. Our fleet is 1.5x their size, and while they have an estimated 400k of troops on the mainland, we rule the sea and the desert means an attack through the coast is unlikely, and potentially devastating for them. I don't have time for casus bellis though, the doctors tell me I have little time left...

JyXpSif.png

To my absolute horror and anger, the Egyptians, while being thorougly beaten, snuck a small army behind our lines and sacked Alexandria! The Museon was burned down. The barbarians!

H10kgZv.png

I let them off lightly enough in the peace though, as I want to focus on the war on Carthage.

7pyqCVT.png

In the Mediterranean, we catch the entire Carthagian fleet, and obliberate it.

IM3awj3.png

jtcbZUM.png

I am growing weaker though. The doctors estimate another two months, tops. Rhodes, and later I, have built a tremendous Empire though. An Empire to stand the test of time. An Empire that can stand beside the one of Alexander.

VVbg62S.png

Lx8lw20.png

rPpQENq.png

kdcJKAo.png

This is Themistios Mithridatids, signing out.

v9meyEJ.png

And with that, the first ever non-beta Imperator:Rome AAR is finished. :) It was a good run! :D

YAY, bittersweet happiness.

Very nice to see its conclusion, and the sweetness of Phrygia's submission at the very end.

The humor was great. I enjoyed the AAR.
Thanks! I must confess I felt my humor quality, as it were, fell considerably after the first few chapters. :) From then on I focused on trying to capture the personalities.
YAY, bittersweet happiness.
I was happy I ended the game right before he died, he was 1 or 2 months away from dying when the end screen hit!
Very nice to see its conclusion, and the sweetness of Phrygia's submission at the very end.
Yeah, that was glorious! :D Too bad Cilicia didn´t submit, as I said above I was no more than -2 from accepting when the max was hit...:( Then I would effectively have been the Eastern Roman Empire. :D

Thanks! I must confess I felt my humor quality, as it were, fell considerably after the first few chapters. :) From then on I focused on trying to capture the personalities.

That's fine. It's all well and good to be humorous, but no need to force it. I liked having the personalities.

Congratulations on finishing this AAR. I had a great time with it. You did Rhodes proud.