• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good stuff! I did an England WC a few years back - somehow I don't think I got to fight the Timmies that early!

Of course the real question is just how do you get so many pretty girls to model for you ;)

I thought that England was nearly invincible, but still you managed to lose a war against tiny Denmark. :p

Still good job building British holiday resorts to Iberia and Persian Gulf.

Olaus Petrus said:
I thought that England was nearly invincible, but still you managed to lose a war against tiny Denmark. :p

About those resorts: I'm not very familiar with the area. What makes those provinces so interesting? Are they economic goldmines or is it a matter of having a second base from which to expand?

excellent update ! ! :cool:

MORE ! ! :cool:

Really cool work. Your gameplay is great and even more is your writing. I love your cartoon-style aar's.

I also like to see the british flag so widerspread so early in the game. You're going on quite speedy: What's your goal: WC before 1500? ;)

On the other Hand, I don't know if all of the BB's, like that on Oman were good spent. When you calculate: "2 Povinces for 1 BB" that seems a good deal. But that are poor provinces that will cut down your techspeed. I always found it useful to spend bb on rich lands and SL-wars in the first decades. After that, I still had enough time to expand.
In the early 16th century, it's time for the big heritages: Aragon, Bohemia, Hungary, Mameluks (even if it went badly when I tried that last time: it's not easy (not even possible?) to get the ottomans in your alliance as christian, I think). Then Lithuania. Before you could think about Provence and Burgundy.

When talking about painting the world red: for that, an independent Andalusia is cool: spain can start early colonization, making your goal easier to accomplish. But I don't understand why you cut down portugal: for them, money is the main obstacle to colonize much. Shouldn't you push them to colonize instead of robbing them? I would think that for your goals, Spain, Portugal and Russia would be the best partners in long term. Maybe Sweden - to hold off some protestants and to colonize as well.

One last critic: France is the easiest kingdom, not England. :D

ANyway: You'll accomplish your mission, I'm quite sure. Don't let us wait too long. I'm waiting for you to prove my scepticism about your strategy worng. :)

For a start, sorry that its been soooooo long for an update, just so bogged down with work and such, it will probably be a while for the next one to come also...

btw, why so many replies? Havent you heard yet...the EU2 forums are dead! ;)

demokratickid said:
Great update as usual!!!

Thanks man!

Olav said:
Yeah, nice update. Where do you get all those silly pictures (no, not the ingame ones)? :p

Thanks...silly pics just from searching google, 'maiden, medieval etc etc costumes'

Olav said:
So there were even more colonies down at the Persian Gulf... oh, one always learns.

hmmm, I seriously question your EU2 hardcoreness :wacko:

PrawnStar said:
Good stuff! I did an England WC a few years back - somehow I don't think I got to fight the Timmies that early!

Thanks!

PrawnStar said:
Of course the real question is just how do you get so many pretty girls to model for you ;)

Cause Im THE man!

Duke of Wellington said:
Good work grabbing so much of iberia. Certainly it is good to finish them before they start getting colonies all over the new world and the war gets a lot harder. I like Anglo-Saxon Iran :D

Thanks Duke, and yes, I like the new Iran also.

Olaus Petrus said:

hmmm yes... holiday? no time for holidays, war preparations more like...

sad king billy said:
About those resorts: I'm not very familiar with the area. What makes those provinces so interesting? Are they economic goldmines or is it a matter of having a second base from which to expand?

Those lands are totally useless :wacko: , just the cool factor of having Anglo Saxon culture there, plus can trade those lands later for one BB each, when they cost less BB to gain...

GhostWriter said:
excellent update ! ! :cool:

GhostWriter said:
MORE ! ! :cool:

Just hold your horses there sunny jim, an update is never late and all that!

and thanks...

Anarion said:
Nice work all round. That is quick expansion. How long do you plan to hold onto France as is?

Thanks! Your answer is in the next update.

Kami said:
Cool AAR :) - And nice chicks

I know ;) :D , oh yeah, the chicks r nice too! Glad to have you aboard.

Stoertebecker said:
Really cool work. Your gameplay is great and even more is your writing. I love your cartoon-style aar's.

Thanks! And glad ya like it.

Stoertebecker said:
I also like to see the british flag so widerspread so early in the game. You're going on quite speedy: What's your goal: WC before 1500? ;)

No No

Stoertebecker said:
On the other Hand, I don't know if all of the BB's, like that on Oman were good spent. When you calculate: "2 Povinces for 1 BB" that seems a good deal. But that are poor provinces that will cut down your techspeed.

Yes, but those provinces can be 'traded' ;) for good provinces abit later, ie.. lose them while gaining rich lands during an early BB war phase.

Stoertebecker said:
In the early 16th century, it's time for the big heritages: Aragon, Bohemia, Hungary, Mameluks (even if it went badly when I tried that last time: it's not easy (not even possible?) to get the ottomans in your alliance as christian, I think). Then Lithuania. Before you could think about Provence and Burgundy.

You mean you went about purposely grabbing lands from inheritences? :D :wacko: , thats not for me.

Stoertebecker said:
When talking about painting the world red: for that, an independent Andalusia is cool: spain can start early colonization, making your goal easier to accomplish. But I don't understand why you cut down portugal: for them, money is the main obstacle to colonize much. Shouldn't you push them to colonize instead of robbing them? I would think that for your goals, Spain, Portugal and Russia would be the best partners in long term. Maybe Sweden - to hold off some protestants and to colonize as well.

I want an Anglo Saxon new world, not a mish mash, I want it all for England with the 'proper' citizens.

Stoertebecker said:
One last critic: France is the easiest kingdom, not England. :D

meh :p

Stoertebecker said:
ANyway: You'll accomplish your mission, I'm quite sure. Don't let us wait too long. I'm waiting for you to prove my scepticism about your strategy wrong. :)

This AAR is in for the long haul, its going to take a while me thinks.

Eng29.jpg
Eng30a.jpg
Eng31.jpg
Eng32.jpg
Eng33.jpg
Eng34.jpg
Eng35.jpg
Eng36.jpg
Eng37.jpg
Eng38.jpg

Last edited:
Personguyfellow said:
u rule. england(-france) is fine.

Why thankee, cheques in the mail :D

Personguyfellow said:
plz update the photos on ur old AARs, they're not visible anymore and i want to reread them soooo bad now.

which old aars may they be?

Mega Death said:
Why thankee, cheques in the mail :D

which old aars may they be?

Did you do the "The Real Deal" AARs? I see that this username is banned, but if you can still get to the photobucket and get those pics working again would be killer. I loved those AARs.

Once again, great update. Waiting on a update is like wine - the longer you wait, the better it gets. :D

For a while I thought the army on The Azores would be like the army on Rhodes in your old England WC AAR. But Pommerania did a good job there...

Ah, the red plague (or blessing!) is sweeping over Europe. When will you start the BB-wars?

hmmm, I seriously question your EU2 hardcoreness
Oh, I'm hardcore (well, not WC-hardcore :p)! :D I just haven't played vanilla that much. AGCEEP caught my eye early on - and there's no colonies down there in that mod.

Personguyfellow said:
Did you do the "The Real Deal" AARs? I see that this username is banned, but if you can still get to the photobucket and get those pics working again would be killer. I loved those AARs.

Yeah, well those AAR's are dead, deleted them when got the ban, was alittle fustrated at that time... so no, they are no more (anywhere)... I regret that, couple there that I would also like to see again, especially Megalomaniac and the Pir-ates :(

Latest stuff that I enjoyed the most was with the AAR's "Albania" (particularly the dream sequence) and "Military campaigns of some of the finest warriors in the world - Volume 1" with Nurhachi

Olav said:
Once again, great update. Waiting on a update is like wine - the longer you wait, the better it gets. :D

Glad ya liked it :)

Olav said:
For a while I thought the army on The Azores would be like the army on Rhodes in your old England WC AAR. But Pommerania did a good job there...

Yeah :D, they were a killer last time, its sure great that Pomerania got it.

Olav said:
Ah, the red plague (or blessing!) is sweeping over Europe. When will you start the BB-wars?

Very soon :D :D :D

Olav said:
Oh, I'm hardcore (well, not WC-hardcore :p)! :D I just haven't played vanilla that much. AGCEEP caught my eye early on - and there's no colonies down there in that mod.

excuses excuses ;)