• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mirza Khan

Captain
52 Badges
Jan 11, 2010
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
Hey, just bought the game and installed it on my computer (older HP laptop with an intel I-3 processor, running Linux Mint), and...every single one of my ocean tiles is parchment colored. Doesn't appear to affect any land tiles, although I'm not familiar enough with the map to tell for sure...

Anybody else seen this issue, and is there any way to fix it? New video drivers? Settings change? Its weird and immersion breaking...

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-12-29 18-43-30.png
    Screenshot from 2020-12-29 18-43-30.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
That looks somewhat like this bug:
although I thought that was fixed.

Failing that:
Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

Video Card:
Driver: Intel Open Source Technology Center Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (IVB GT2)
I'm afraid this game is not supported on Intel video hardware in any OS. Unless you have access to a machine that meets the hardware requirements, please seek that refund.

Sorry about that!

Reactions:
I'm afraid this game is not supported on Intel video hardware in any OS. Unless you have access to a machine that meets the hardware requirements, please seek that refund.

Sorry about that!
Refund requested. I have been a loyal Paradox customer for about ten years, gotten many hours of enjoyment out of your games, and had looked forward to the opportunity to get Imperator at a discount. I will further add that graphics in EUIV and Crusader Kings II work perfectly fine on my computer, so I don't see why they can't work in this case. This has been an extremely dissapointing experience, and one I will keep in mind should I ever consider purchasing a Paradox product again.

EDIT: If I understand the system requirements and the customer service response correctly, the game only works with GeForce or Radeon graphics chips; no Intel. A quick check of Best Buy's website reveals that pretty much any non-gaming laptop SOLD RIGHT NOW uses Intel graphics-even the nice $600 and $700 ones. One of the major things I liked about Paradox games over the years is that they weren't taxing on hardware and didn't require specialized gaming computers-they were able to entertain through innovative mechanics, not pretty computer-busting graphics. This is poor design choice on Paradox's part. Oh well-refund request to Steam is in, and if Paradox doesn't want customers who can't afford to go out and buy bespoke gaming hardware-well, I'll keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I will further add that graphics in EUIV and Crusader Kings II work perfectly fine on my computer, so I don't see why they can't work in this case. This has been an extremely dissapointing experience, and one I will keep in mind should I ever consider purchasing a Paradox product again.
Imperator uses a new game engine and framework thos eolder games do not. I gues sit is just more demanding.

I understand your disappointment! But we publish hardware requirements for a reason, and our games are simply not tested on unsupported hardware. So technically this could happen with any new patch on any game.

A quick check of Best Buy's website reveals that pretty much any non-gaming laptop SOLD RIGHT NOW uses Intel graphics-even the nice $600 and $700 ones.
Many laptops come with dual Intel/nVidia or Intel/AMD video systems, the game should work fine on those. You do not need bespoke hardware to run these games.

This is poor design choice on Paradox's part.
It's not a design choice, it is a limitation of Intel video hardware. They have almost no Vram and no actual GPU - they are simply weaker and less powerful than GPUs from AMD and nVidia. Note that this has been the case since EU3 , so at least 10 years - it is not some new requirement we've just brought in on this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: