• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm a bit confused right now. @DrBob @Pasha @RealityGuy are all modding this? Together? Or separately and the fruits of your labours will be joined together?
@DrBob and @RealityGuy are modding AIO both separately and together. I'm just helping out with bug reporting related to the CWTT mainly because I'm working @DrBob CWTT into the Grand Campaign.

• 2Like
Reactions:
So it will end with 3 versions? Common (DRBob, RealityGuy and you), DrBobs, and RealtyGuys ? And the original too, so 4 ?
You'll have to ask them. I'm not working on AIO, just using its tech tree for The Grand Campaign.

• 1Like
Reactions:
sorry off topic I see that you have improved the ai of wif 2, the latest version of wif 2 has already included dr Bob's ai? otherwise is there a version of dr Bob's ai compatible with the latest version of wif 2?
thanks!!
Hi, I don't think Wif 2 is using any of my ai balance updates that I had done for them. That is in part why I stopped editing it. I ran the game for Fernando for about 6 months, edited alot of files and when the new version came out, he did not include any of my work. That was a year ago, maybe something has changed. I do have a version of my update for Wif 2, just not sure if it for the latest version of Wif 2. I will look into it.

The one good thing that came out of all that work is that when AIO included the new Wif 2 files I had already edited it and knew the issues with it and did a quick edit to fix some of the events that were causing problems.

I will get back with you when i get a chance, Cheers!!!

• 3Like
Reactions:
I'm a bit confused right now. @DrBob @Pasha @RealityGuy are all modding this? Together? Or separately and the fruits of your labours will be joined together?
Hi, a little confusing, yes, I have my ai update, that I work on. I moved to AIO, oh a year ago, after Wif 2 and work on events, ai. balance. None of our work over laps so that makes it easy to put together. I am still working on balance and events during WW2.

Danny boy is working on CWTT and there is another one and RGuy puts them together as a mini mod update.

I thought I did hear of an official update coming out but not sure on details, I hope so.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi, I don't think Wif 2 is using any of my ai balance updates that I had done for them. That is in part why I stopped editing it. I ran the game for Fernando for about 6 months, edited alot of files and when the new version came out, he did not include any of my work. That was a year ago, maybe something has changed. I do have a version of my update for Wif 2, just not sure if it for the latest version of Wif 2. I will look into it.

The one good thing that came out of all that work is that when AIO included the new Wif 2 files I had already edited it and knew the issues with it and did a quick edit to fix some of the events that were causing problems.

I will get back with you when i get a chance, Cheers!!!
thank you!!!!
I have another request: I am playing a game with the Soviet Union and on February 21, 1938 Japan declares war to me, I remember that even in the games played with Germany and Italy the USSR was already at war in 1939 with Japan , on which event can it depend? I would like to follow a more historical path or at least that the all-historical war between the Japanese and the Russians occurs every now and then and not in every game, can I modify any event to correct the problem?
thank you

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have problems another problem Great Britain declares war on Japan (to its own detriment) He just announced it in 1939. And yet full mobilization still does not give me soldiers.

thank you!!!!
I have another request: I am playing a game with the Soviet Union and on February 21, 1938 Japan declares war to me, I remember that even in the games played with Germany and Italy the USSR was already at war in 1939 with Japan , on which event can it depend? I would like to follow a more historical path or at least that the all-historical war between the Japanese and the Russians occurs every now and then and not in every game, can I modify any event to correct the problem?
thank you
Welcome, as to your question on Russo/Japan war, I agree, a more historical and not in every game, event for that war would be nice. I am not sure where that event is, I will keep my eye out for it and add to my list. I did make an event to end the conflict with Sov getting a province or two. You can modify the event if you want and PM with any details and events and I will add to my update, I will then disable my event for ending conflict, or maybe you could use or edit it.

Cheers!!

• 1Like
Reactions:
therefore, the event that triggers the ussr - japan war is in db \ event \ japan \ 1933-jap north strike and specifically the event 1330120020 japan had the zenbao incident, once this event has been canceled, the war has not been proposed again,
then with regard to the sudden and unreasonable declaration of war of the united kingdom to japan I believe that the event is in db \ event \ ai \ ai eng and specifically `` England Naval AI Section '' I changed the date from 1933 to 1943 and for now the united kingdom has not attacked japan anymore, at least not before the 41st

some bugs i found are that once japan defeats china it releases as puppets nationalist china with nanjing and two other provinces and the chinese republic of nanjing with the rest of china (without nanjing !!!) it would be more logical to release one china or the republic of nanjing,
when the ussr obtains its part of poland it has difficulty in annexing lithuania and often annexes it only in 1941 but the province of Kaunaus remains independent as lithuania, while the rest of the territory passes to the ussr

finally, if germany defeats the allies it obtains several overseas territories in the american continent and it becomes too easy to invade canada and usa from there, it would be better if the usa obtained the former european colonies of uk, france and holland in the american continent and especially that province in canada controlled directly by the British close to the labrador (I don't remember the name) which remains to the British even if they are fascists,
we would also need a guarantee from the US to Canada so that if you attack the Canadians you go to war with the Americans too

Greetings

Last edited:
Afternoon all. Playing All In One....think I've followed the updates and have everything installed correctly....playing the USA..Oct. 1942 and Japan has 30 Aircraft Carriers..Is this normal ? More of a casual player so not sure if I've done something wrong or...

to make the game more combative I wanted to add divisions to the USSR in the events
relating to the sieges of Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad,
do you know how I can do it?

5qqyReu.png

Um, it seems to me, or does GDE turn into a negative value here?

It is already negative. The value in brackets is the new general value if you finish the research.

You can check the values in the overview tab.

to make the game more combative I wanted to add divisions to the USSR in the events
relating to the sieges of Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad,
do you know how I can do it?
Hi, I have been working on combat/balance through the land doctrine. I have increased GDE for just about all land doctrine and will be in next update. I have also increased Blitz land doc org. That could be lowered a bit.

I don't like using alot of free units and have removed a bunch, you can add them back in, if you like. I do use build division and that puts units in their build queue.

This is what I do to keep events from firing, I comment out the date. Like this,

# date = { day = 1 month = december year = 1940 }
# offset = 1
# deathdate = { day = 30 month = august year = 1999 }

That will prevent an event from firing, remove comments and it will fire. 1000196 adds alot of units, I could add back in with 6 divs.

Remove comments on other events to add back in units.

New update soon, I played into mid 44 with no crashes, no UK dow on Japan but alllies did not invade Italy. I have last changes to check on USA and then ready for update. I have also done some slight changes to reinforcing numbers.

Cheers

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hello
I did a match as a spectator (using Argentina) and crashed in 1937, I saw this message in the savedebug
'' ERROR: An extra '}' in AI file found (rest of the file not loaded): Mods \ ALL IN ONE / ai \ switch / GER_build_limit.ai, line 104!
Event number 2500000 [] couldn't be fired because it has been slept! ''

I don't know if it can help you to improve the game,

I then played another game as a spectator with Afghanistan and this time I arrived at 1945 without problems, Germany defeated mainly by the Americans who landed in Italy (not in large numbers in truth) who did not meet much resistance, 99% of the German army was in Russia
thanks for the work you do

Hello
I did a match as a spectator (using Argentina) and crashed in 1937, I saw this message in the savedebug
'' ERROR: An extra '}' in AI file found (rest of the file not loaded): Mods \ ALL IN ONE / ai \ switch / GER_build_limit.ai, line 104!
Event number 2500000 [] couldn't be fired because it has been slept! ''

I don't know if it can help you to improve the game,

I then played another game as a spectator with Afghanistan and this time I arrived at 1945 without problems, Germany defeated mainly by the Americans who landed in Italy (not in large numbers in truth) who did not meet much resistance, 99% of the German army was in Russia
thanks for the work you do
HI, thanks for the update. That is a new file and I will fix, helps.

I will add the event number on the slept event could not fire to my list. I have 12 other events still to find and fix.

I noticed that Siam was still at war with Sov. in late 38. It is a puppet of japan so I made event for peace with Sov, that may be reason UK was DOW on Japan early. I also need to adjust UK naval section.

still have to work on Ger. ai in Italy. A couple events.

Last thing, Sov. units at 10% or 100% at beginning of Barba. 85% of time Sov. are at 10%, but last game they were at 100%. It seems to me that they may be Demobing after peace with Fin. or maybe after Poland, anyway, I made event for to block till 44.

Cheers!!

• 4Like
Reactions: